rockbox increases battery life? someone said 19 hours?? geez. i was almost positive i wasnt going to rockbox mine because of the issues but hm..
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recommend a small cheap flash DAP? Last post on 8/4/11 at 5:04am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding smallest player? Last post on 2/1/11 at 1:33pm in Portable Source Gear
- Need a recommendation for under $150 Last post on 7/16/10 at 6:11am in Portable Source Gear
- Small, music only DAP. Last post on 7/16/10 at 6:35am in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking a new portable source Last post on 6/26/10 at 7:42am in Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)
Last edited: 11/29/16
For larger (1200x800) images, simply click any photoINTRODUCTIONAhhh – the portable amplifier – one of the audio enthusiast's more misunderstood tools / assets. For the beginner, there...
Preamble: I have already reviewed some of 1MORE’s and Xiaomi’s audio products in the past and all of them offered a great sound experience for their very reasonable price point. The...
I love the openness and light weight of earbuds, unfortunately those earbuds I tried such as OMX95, MX375, were lack of bass and musicality. Then I found Fiio EM3 is under $10 and got good review,...
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread - Page 24
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I get 19 hours on my clip+. I don't know what it was with the OF but the 19 hrs seems fairly accurate. I was able to not charge it every day but every other or 3rd day depending on how much listening was done those days.
Different iems exhibit different level of hiss.
After using my Clip+ rockboxed for a week, I can say that I'd rather pay $500 for a Clip+ than $200 for another iPod. Now I'm just extremely lucky that the clip ISN'T that high, because I'd be ready to pay that much. It's even better than my iriver e10 that I absolutely loved (and sold my iPod for, despite buying the iPod after the e10)
I just sighted the Clip+ on the Current Rockbox Builds page... that's new is it not?
I also just put r26956 on, I wonder what has changed since my older revision. Is there a way to find out?
What build are you using? I tried several ones, and always have one or another problem. Either with the pitch or jumps during songs...
Could you please send me the build you're using so that I can give it a chance ?
Thanks a lot!
I've been using DFTK's r26535M-100603-sansaclipplus (old keymap, volume 0x1b) release for a while now with no problems.
Solid state rules. One reason I always avoided HDD based players.
I guess that proves that these can take a beating although they are really small and light so less areas to get damaged and not too much weight in case it drops.
Oh the build I use is r25958-100511. I don't have the files for that anymore. I think I got it off the forums at anythingbutipod when I googled for builds that worked.
lol today was interesting. I went to the clip+ after using my netbook as source (temp solution until I get a new dac) and they sounded bass heavy compared to the weak and ridiculous early bass rolloff that my netbook has. looks like the clip+ will be used a lot until I get a new dac :)
Here is an interesting build for those of you who enjoy the ability to fine tune your headphones.
This one has a 24 band EQ!
Ive been using build r27060m-100622 for about a week now without any problems. Interesting thing is that my rockboxed clip+ sounds nearly as good as my fuze+lod+fiio5 really difference in amplification compared to stock firmware, however I would enjoy pk1 more amped but its really impressive result for such a small device.
I'm tried out Rockbox for my Clip+ and loved it. Unfortunately the ._ files my mac puts on the player seems to freeze Rockbox. Has anyone else experienced this, or found a work around? I'd really like to go back to rockbox, but I like to put my music on shuffle all at work, and Its a pain to have to restart the player every 10-15 minutes. I guess its the original firmware for right now....
- SansaClip+ Rockbox Impressions thread
- › The Zishan dsd's corner 14 seconds ago
- › Aftermarket Audeze LCD-2 cables 27 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 2 minutes ago
- › π Audio - "Pai Audio" 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Howdy! 3 minutes ago
- › Feliks Audio Elise Impressions Thread – a New Start (please read... 3 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 3 minutes ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Shinrico E11 Portable Headphone Amplifier by crabdog
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear