I also experienced similar problem, but after installing rockbox everythin is fine plus I`ve got parametric EQ :)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recommend a small cheap flash DAP? Last post on 8/4/11 at 5:04am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding smallest player? Last post on 2/1/11 at 1:33pm in Portable Source Gear
- Need a recommendation for under $150 Last post on 7/16/10 at 6:11am in Portable Source Gear
- Small, music only DAP. Last post on 7/16/10 at 6:35am in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking a new portable source Last post on 6/26/10 at 7:42am in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
Bass: solid, balanced and extended with excellent pitch. Can be Stygian and prodigious with the right recordings. Midrange: clear, coherent, tonally complex and saturated. Vocals are rendered with...
UE6000 Review I like these headphones. I don’t love them, I just like them. They have a ton of good things going for them like the isolation (freakin’ fantastic passive isolation, maybe better...
I had this earphones for 2 years and I must say, that I was really satisfied with it. With the possibility to change bass you can choose what really fits you and I must say, that the bass was...
A Little Background I currently own Beats Pro and I listen to them on a daily basis. I have previously owned Beats Studios and Beats Solos. I bought all of them from The Source in Ontario and...
Bought those as a portable go-to set (subway use, airplanes, travelling, etc.) and am so far very pleased. I previously used Etymotic IEM's (ER-4P and HF3) which are known for their clarity and...
SansaClip+ Rockbox Appreciation Society - Page 53
I just got it a couple weeks ago and don't have much music on it yet, kind of been slacking to do so. Could I reformat it and the card? Would it be that much work?
i never use dither and have never been able to tell that it does anything
as far as eq thats dependant on your headphones and your personal preference
some people like the crossfeed, some dont
everything else you can leave alone.
When I use the EQ on foobar I tend to EQ downwards....
With rockbox is it better to use precut and then use positive settings?
I dont completely understand how all these different EQ types high shelf, low shelf, peaking etc. work together and what the best settings are to avoid distortion
Edited by nicholars - 5/20/13 at 11:05am
Hmmm I am suprised at how much better the bass on the clip+ is with rockbox.... Definately better than the default firmware..
I said before the clip+ has weak bass... But it is actually pretty good now... Could have a bit more texture but it is not lacking quantity now.
Edited by nicholars - 5/20/13 at 11:58am
Things that might cause a real difference:
The pitch error in the OF.
The resampler in Rockbox if your audio file isn't 44100 Hz.
The OF apparently has dither enabled by default (OF produces a little noise with a silent file - RB only does so if dither enabled)
Gain change caused by Replay Gain being on by default in Rockbox.
The Replay Gain change is only a difference in level while the first two possibilities would be actual tonal changes. Dither might produce a slightly nicer impression in the OF that a listener might interpret in different ways.
The most likely thing is that the levels are different. I level matched my Clip+ against my other players by playing a tone into a recorder. I had trouble with Clip+ OF vs Rockbox because while I could reliably select the same level every time in Rockbox I couldn't do so easily (easily mattered because it was done out of idle curiosity) in the OF except at maximum level. But if you level match the OF and Rockbox and play 44100 Hz file with Replay Gain not effective then there ought not be a difference.
If someone knows of a reason why there would be a difference I'd welcome a correction.
Well they might sound the same and probably do like you say but with the OF it is not possible to get the bass just right so that you can have boosted sub bass without it leaking into the midbass. On rockbox I have set it up so it has the low shelf filter below 70hz boosted by 6db and then tboosted sub bass with no bleed into the mids bass... I could not achieve this with the puny 5 band EQ on the OF.... When I set the first band to anything over about 4-5db it would give bleed into the lower mids / mid bass....
Edited by nicholars - 5/20/13 at 12:55pm
- SansaClip+ Rockbox Appreciation Society
- › DAC Bottleneck? 11 seconds ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 48 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-6 Prototypes 56 seconds ago
- › Do you take good headphones with you when you go out? 1 minute ago
- › iBasso DX50 Thread (New^4 firmware update! V1.2.2) 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Xenos XOHA Headphone Amp 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 2 minutes ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Magni Headphone Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › AKG K812 by FritzS
- › Schiit Vali by tdockweiler
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by Wilderbeast
- › ecp audio L-2 Parafeed Headphone Amplifier by minimus
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by DrumminD21311
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Cables &... by jude