I also experienced similar problem, but after installing rockbox everythin is fine plus I`ve got parametric EQ :)
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recommend a small cheap flash DAP? Last post on 8/4/11 at 5:04am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding smallest player? Last post on 2/1/11 at 1:33pm in Portable Source Gear
- Need a recommendation for under $150 Last post on 7/16/10 at 6:11am in Portable Source Gear
- Small, music only DAP. Last post on 7/16/10 at 6:35am in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking a new portable source Last post on 6/26/10 at 7:42am in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
Remember: "Stay away from Razer". Razer headphones are just meant to be "fun" for a certain amount of time. After a few weeks they either break or become really uncomfortable. The sound is overall...
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
SansaClip+ Rockbox Appreciation Society - Page 53
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I just got it a couple weeks ago and don't have much music on it yet, kind of been slacking to do so. Could I reformat it and the card? Would it be that much work?
i never use dither and have never been able to tell that it does anything
as far as eq thats dependant on your headphones and your personal preference
some people like the crossfeed, some dont
everything else you can leave alone.
When I use the EQ on foobar I tend to EQ downwards....
With rockbox is it better to use precut and then use positive settings?
I dont completely understand how all these different EQ types high shelf, low shelf, peaking etc. work together and what the best settings are to avoid distortion
Edited by nicholars - 5/20/13 at 11:05am
Hmmm I am suprised at how much better the bass on the clip+ is with rockbox.... Definately better than the default firmware..
I said before the clip+ has weak bass... But it is actually pretty good now... Could have a bit more texture but it is not lacking quantity now.
Edited by nicholars - 5/20/13 at 11:58am
Things that might cause a real difference:
The pitch error in the OF.
The resampler in Rockbox if your audio file isn't 44100 Hz.
The OF apparently has dither enabled by default (OF produces a little noise with a silent file - RB only does so if dither enabled)
Gain change caused by Replay Gain being on by default in Rockbox.
The Replay Gain change is only a difference in level while the first two possibilities would be actual tonal changes. Dither might produce a slightly nicer impression in the OF that a listener might interpret in different ways.
The most likely thing is that the levels are different. I level matched my Clip+ against my other players by playing a tone into a recorder. I had trouble with Clip+ OF vs Rockbox because while I could reliably select the same level every time in Rockbox I couldn't do so easily (easily mattered because it was done out of idle curiosity) in the OF except at maximum level. But if you level match the OF and Rockbox and play 44100 Hz file with Replay Gain not effective then there ought not be a difference.
If someone knows of a reason why there would be a difference I'd welcome a correction.
Well they might sound the same and probably do like you say but with the OF it is not possible to get the bass just right so that you can have boosted sub bass without it leaking into the midbass. On rockbox I have set it up so it has the low shelf filter below 70hz boosted by 6db and then tboosted sub bass with no bleed into the mids bass... I could not achieve this with the puny 5 band EQ on the OF.... When I set the first band to anything over about 4-5db it would give bleed into the lower mids / mid bass....
Edited by nicholars - 5/20/13 at 12:55pm
- SansaClip+ Rockbox Appreciation Society
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 25 seconds ago
- › Chord Hugo 26 seconds ago
- › Wondering if the NVX XPT100 would be good for me 38 seconds ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 1 minute ago
- › JRiver Media Center 19 is better! 2 minutes ago
- › PONO - Neil Youngs portable hi-res music player 2 minutes ago
- › Which option is the SAFEST to receive payment ? (scared to get... 2 minutes ago
- › Pioneer new DJ In-Ear Headphones DJE-2000 and DJE-1500 2 minutes ago
- › Buying my first pair of headphones: V-Moda M80s, SRH440, CAL 2,... 2 minutes ago
- › MOG Replacements? 2 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-XD100 Stereo Headphones by xflight297
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by Bonny
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob