just download the rockbox installer and the original zip+ firmware. Follow the steps in order and you'll be fine
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recommend a small cheap flash DAP? Last post on 8/4/11 at 5:04am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding smallest player? Last post on 2/1/11 at 1:33pm in Portable Source Gear
- Need a recommendation for under $150 Last post on 7/16/10 at 6:11am in Portable Source Gear
- Small, music only DAP. Last post on 7/16/10 at 6:35am in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking a new portable source Last post on 6/26/10 at 7:42am in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
I'm giving these a 4 based on sound quality alone. I'm a cheap headphone user; I've gone from cheap headphone to cheap headphone over the past decade or so. I started with the Skullcandy Ink'd...
The review will comming soon
I used these for about three months at my desk at work. The left side went out in that short time. They were great while they lasted.
Hi When i brought these i hoped that they would sound amazing. But when i tried these i noticed that there was no bass at all. I'm a bass head. Now i brought the ferrari by logic3 T150. They...
Been looking for some new closed headphones, with only three at the moment and for some time in fact. Good ones, though: Sony MDR Z1000, Sony MDR 7520, and Senn Amperiors, Sometimes you just...
SansaClip+ Rockbox Appreciation Society - Page 51
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's easy as it can get. You can even download a .exe wizard from their website that will do the install for you, you just select the apropriate directory (your SD card) and the kind of Clip you have.
I did it in the first try, no sweat.
I did it in like 10 minutes, most of which was spent looking for that Sansa firmware. Works perfectly and no more difficult than usually software install.
Rockbox is so much faster than stock with turn-on speed, especially with my 32gb MicroSD. Crossfeed and EQ are icing on cake!
Recently I got a Clip+ and rockboxed it.
All fine and dandy and overall pleased with it, but sometimes it doesn't detect any files at all, none.
I have to turn it off, boot it in the OF, and see the files just fine, then turn it off again, boot it in RB, then it works again.
Anyone know the reason for this and how one might fix it?
Now, my microSDHC cannot be read, even by my comp. Can detect but got no contents, never even tell me how much space avail all that.
When I connected to PC, it asked me to format before I can use, so I tried, but then format failed.
Anyone able to help?
Okay, tried both manual and utility install, both giving me the same problem.
"no .rockbox directory" on boot up in RB. Sometimes it just hangs at the Rockbox screen.
It works fine about 20% of the time, which is weird to me because it should either work or not work!
The .rockbox folder is right there in the player's root folder.. When I explore it on my PC, it's right there.. Contents and all.. Took great care to follow each step of the installation closely..
Anyone have any ideas?
Is this an advertisemnet or what? Ha, ha, ...
Ordering my Clip+ tomorrow, because I cannot find my Debit Visa card now. ...
and after a couple of weeks I'll Rockbox it ... and then Rock and Roll. ...
and, then and only then, I'll become a legit member of this eclectic Society.
The newest Rockbox build has a 10-band fully parametric EQ, up from the previous 5 band. Between that and the Meier-style crossfeed setting, it's easy to get great sound.
Ahh...ok. I just haven't been able to get the mid range dialed in and it's getting me frustrated. I get close but then it goes off to sounding like I'm listening to someone singing in a metal trash can.
- SansaClip+ Rockbox Appreciation Society
- › Music Game IX 9 seconds ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 33 seconds ago
- › FS: Benchmark DAC1USB 34 seconds ago
- › Anyone from the Philippines here? 43 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 57 seconds ago
- › Martin Logan Mikros 90 On-Ear Headphones 1 minute ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 1 minute ago
- › Watches - another passion of ours, it seems...post your pics! 2 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 3 minutes ago
- › are jvc s400 good? 3 minutes ago
- › Ultimate Ears 200vi Noise-Isolating Headset, Grey by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears 500 by az060693
- › Halide Design DAC HD by Zuqi
- › Sony MDR-ZX-700 by PurelyNicole
- › Klipsch Image S3 Nosie-Isolating Earphones with Patented Oval Ear-Tips by Arno Berck
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by zazex
- › Ultrasone HFI-450 by MrTechAgent
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude