just download the rockbox installer and the original zip+ firmware. Follow the steps in order and you'll be fine
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recommend a small cheap flash DAP? Last post on 8/4/11 at 5:04am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding smallest player? Last post on 2/1/11 at 1:33pm in Portable Source Gear
- Need a recommendation for under $150 Last post on 7/16/10 at 6:11am in Portable Source Gear
- Small, music only DAP. Last post on 7/16/10 at 6:35am in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking a new portable source Last post on 6/26/10 at 7:42am in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
SansaClip+ Rockbox Appreciation Society - Page 51
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's easy as it can get. You can even download a .exe wizard from their website that will do the install for you, you just select the apropriate directory (your SD card) and the kind of Clip you have.
I did it in the first try, no sweat.
I did it in like 10 minutes, most of which was spent looking for that Sansa firmware. Works perfectly and no more difficult than usually software install.
Rockbox is so much faster than stock with turn-on speed, especially with my 32gb MicroSD. Crossfeed and EQ are icing on cake!
Recently I got a Clip+ and rockboxed it.
All fine and dandy and overall pleased with it, but sometimes it doesn't detect any files at all, none.
I have to turn it off, boot it in the OF, and see the files just fine, then turn it off again, boot it in RB, then it works again.
Anyone know the reason for this and how one might fix it?
Now, my microSDHC cannot be read, even by my comp. Can detect but got no contents, never even tell me how much space avail all that.
When I connected to PC, it asked me to format before I can use, so I tried, but then format failed.
Anyone able to help?
Okay, tried both manual and utility install, both giving me the same problem.
"no .rockbox directory" on boot up in RB. Sometimes it just hangs at the Rockbox screen.
It works fine about 20% of the time, which is weird to me because it should either work or not work!
The .rockbox folder is right there in the player's root folder.. When I explore it on my PC, it's right there.. Contents and all.. Took great care to follow each step of the installation closely..
Anyone have any ideas?
Is this an advertisemnet or what? Ha, ha, ...
Ordering my Clip+ tomorrow, because I cannot find my Debit Visa card now. ...
and after a couple of weeks I'll Rockbox it ... and then Rock and Roll. ...
and, then and only then, I'll become a legit member of this eclectic Society.
The newest Rockbox build has a 10-band fully parametric EQ, up from the previous 5 band. Between that and the Meier-style crossfeed setting, it's easy to get great sound.
Ahh...ok. I just haven't been able to get the mid range dialed in and it's getting me frustrated. I get close but then it goes off to sounding like I'm listening to someone singing in a metal trash can.
- SansaClip+ Rockbox Appreciation Society
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 24 seconds ago
- › The Basshead Club 42 seconds ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Appreciation Society 1 minute ago
- › AKG K3003 High End 3 Way System Headphone 1 minute ago
- › Welcome & Introduction for DC/VA/MD Head-Fiers 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA XS - V-MODA M-80s upgraded - Pictures and more! [Discussion,... 2 minutes ago
- › The DX90 by iBasso . . . please post your reviews and impressions.... 2 minutes ago
- › Battlefield 4 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 5 minutes ago
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob