just download the rockbox installer and the original zip+ firmware. Follow the steps in order and you'll be fine
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recommend a small cheap flash DAP? Last post on 8/4/11 at 5:04am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding smallest player? Last post on 2/1/11 at 1:33pm in Portable Source Gear
- Need a recommendation for under $150 Last post on 7/16/10 at 6:11am in Portable Source Gear
- Small, music only DAP. Last post on 7/16/10 at 6:35am in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking a new portable source Last post on 6/26/10 at 7:42am in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
When it comes to Edifier, they are best known for their desktop PC speaker range and acquiring the prestigious electrostatic headphone company Stax. But just because they now own Stax doesn’t mean...
Remember Edifier? The company that now owns Stax? I recently covered their e10 Exclaim desktop speakers and found them rather impressive for just $99. While making a nice budget speaker is...
This is my first review, so please bear with me if I'm not particularly clear. 1) This is a headphones that takes time to appreciate 2) 1/2 star for the sound quality, 4&1/2 star for getting...
The AH-D7100's immediately became my go-to headphones for daily use since the day I purchased them three weeks ago. They sound much fuller compared to my Beyerdynamic T5P's and produce high sound...
You get what you see. Nothing extra. CNT or "Carbon nano tube" diaphrams/drivers were developed by the Chinese (I studied this) and J.V.C was the first to mass produce it in their...
SansaClip+ Rockbox Appreciation Society - Page 51
Gear mentioned in this thread:
It's easy as it can get. You can even download a .exe wizard from their website that will do the install for you, you just select the apropriate directory (your SD card) and the kind of Clip you have.
I did it in the first try, no sweat.
I did it in like 10 minutes, most of which was spent looking for that Sansa firmware. Works perfectly and no more difficult than usually software install.
Rockbox is so much faster than stock with turn-on speed, especially with my 32gb MicroSD. Crossfeed and EQ are icing on cake!
Recently I got a Clip+ and rockboxed it.
All fine and dandy and overall pleased with it, but sometimes it doesn't detect any files at all, none.
I have to turn it off, boot it in the OF, and see the files just fine, then turn it off again, boot it in RB, then it works again.
Anyone know the reason for this and how one might fix it?
Now, my microSDHC cannot be read, even by my comp. Can detect but got no contents, never even tell me how much space avail all that.
When I connected to PC, it asked me to format before I can use, so I tried, but then format failed.
Anyone able to help?
Okay, tried both manual and utility install, both giving me the same problem.
"no .rockbox directory" on boot up in RB. Sometimes it just hangs at the Rockbox screen.
It works fine about 20% of the time, which is weird to me because it should either work or not work!
The .rockbox folder is right there in the player's root folder.. When I explore it on my PC, it's right there.. Contents and all.. Took great care to follow each step of the installation closely..
Anyone have any ideas?
Is this an advertisemnet or what? Ha, ha, ...
Ordering my Clip+ tomorrow, because I cannot find my Debit Visa card now. ...
and after a couple of weeks I'll Rockbox it ... and then Rock and Roll. ...
and, then and only then, I'll become a legit member of this eclectic Society.
The newest Rockbox build has a 10-band fully parametric EQ, up from the previous 5 band. Between that and the Meier-style crossfeed setting, it's easy to get great sound.
Ahh...ok. I just haven't been able to get the mid range dialed in and it's getting me frustrated. I get close but then it goes off to sounding like I'm listening to someone singing in a metal trash can.
- SansaClip+ Rockbox Appreciation Society
- › Fiio X3 DAP vs. Objective 2 (O2) Amp with HE-400 and JH5 4 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 35 seconds ago
- › Is this "6ft Premium Toslink Fiber Optic Digital Audio Optical... 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl in her 30s! ~ Part 2 1 minute ago
- › Looking for an upgrade/something different from Sennheiser HD 598s 2 minutes ago
- › Superlux Express Train 3 minutes ago
- › Beresford Bushmaster TC-7530 and Bushmaster MKII TC-7533 Comparison... 3 minutes ago
- › Headphones for watching movies, gaming, and music 4 minutes ago
- › Looking to Upgrade from CAL!s (~$300) 4 minutes ago
- › Edifier H850 by ClieOS
- › Edifier USA Spinnaker Media Speaker System (Black) by project86
- › Aftershokz Sportz M2 AS320 Open Ear Sports Headphones by sensible
- › Denon AH-D7100 Music Maniac by sjp3003
- › JVC Kenwood Victer stereo headphones HA-SZ2000 japan import by Hawaiibadboy
- › PSB M4U 1 by yay101
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by Nec3
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50S by turbomustang84
- › Superlux HD669 by mang0
- › IFI Gemini usb cable by turo91
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude