just download the rockbox installer and the original zip+ firmware. Follow the steps in order and you'll be fine
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recommend a small cheap flash DAP? Last post on 8/4/11 at 5:04am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding smallest player? Last post on 2/1/11 at 1:33pm in Portable Source Gear
- Need a recommendation for under $150 Last post on 7/16/10 at 6:11am in Portable Source Gear
- Small, music only DAP. Last post on 7/16/10 at 6:35am in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking a new portable source Last post on 6/26/10 at 7:42am in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
The CAL! 2 is a big improvement over the first version. Creative brands this as a "premium headphone" on the box, but is it? First thing I noticed was the soundstage. It's MUCH better than...
As nicely explained by Victor in his review of the same CIEM, this is the previous flagship model from FitEar. In fact, unless you are married to the emphasised bass of the MH335DW, this would...
First of all, I am not a audiofile with several pairs of $1,000 headphones. I am more of a casual listener but I do like good sound. This is also my first review on head-fi so give me some feedback...
I love these headphones! So comfortable you will forget you're wearing them. My cousin once commented "This is the best bass I've ever heard in a headphone!" While I know there are headphones out...
My first in-ear headphone. Always thought they couldn't be any good compared to the over-ear headphones. I was wrong. The looks are a matter of taste, so I keep that in the middle for a...
SansaClip+ Rockbox Appreciation Society - Page 51
It's easy as it can get. You can even download a .exe wizard from their website that will do the install for you, you just select the apropriate directory (your SD card) and the kind of Clip you have.
I did it in the first try, no sweat.
I did it in like 10 minutes, most of which was spent looking for that Sansa firmware. Works perfectly and no more difficult than usually software install.
Rockbox is so much faster than stock with turn-on speed, especially with my 32gb MicroSD. Crossfeed and EQ are icing on cake!
Recently I got a Clip+ and rockboxed it.
All fine and dandy and overall pleased with it, but sometimes it doesn't detect any files at all, none.
I have to turn it off, boot it in the OF, and see the files just fine, then turn it off again, boot it in RB, then it works again.
Anyone know the reason for this and how one might fix it?
Now, my microSDHC cannot be read, even by my comp. Can detect but got no contents, never even tell me how much space avail all that.
When I connected to PC, it asked me to format before I can use, so I tried, but then format failed.
Anyone able to help?
Okay, tried both manual and utility install, both giving me the same problem.
"no .rockbox directory" on boot up in RB. Sometimes it just hangs at the Rockbox screen.
It works fine about 20% of the time, which is weird to me because it should either work or not work!
The .rockbox folder is right there in the player's root folder.. When I explore it on my PC, it's right there.. Contents and all.. Took great care to follow each step of the installation closely..
Anyone have any ideas?
Is this an advertisemnet or what? Ha, ha, ...
Ordering my Clip+ tomorrow, because I cannot find my Debit Visa card now. ...
and after a couple of weeks I'll Rockbox it ... and then Rock and Roll. ...
and, then and only then, I'll become a legit member of this eclectic Society.
The newest Rockbox build has a 10-band fully parametric EQ, up from the previous 5 band. Between that and the Meier-style crossfeed setting, it's easy to get great sound.
Ahh...ok. I just haven't been able to get the mid range dialed in and it's getting me frustrated. I get close but then it goes off to sounding like I'm listening to someone singing in a metal trash can.
- SansaClip+ Rockbox Appreciation Society
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › The Basshead Club 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Appreciation Thread!! 2 minutes ago
- › Home Audio Setup advice needed - Xonar Card, Tube Amp and Beyer DT... 4 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › Re: Attenuator/impedance matcher for HE-6 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › HifiMAN HE-6 Planar Magnetic Headphone 6 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 7 minutes ago
- › Playing high-res music on a Mac 7 minutes ago
- › Creative Aurvana Live! 2 Headset with 40mm Drivers and In-Line Mic... by Quaresma
- › FitEar Private C435 Custom In-Ear Monitors by Kiats
- › Monster iSport LIVESTRONG® In-Ear Headphones by Bassbanger101
- › Sennheiser HD 560 Ovation by Beeferer
- › Philips S2BK/28 Fidelio In-Ear Headsets by Antilochos
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi