Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › SansaClip+ Rockbox Appreciation Society
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SansaClip+ Rockbox Appreciation Society - Page 48

post #706 of 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko93101 View Post

I need help!
I know i asked before but seriously, i want rockbox back..

What happens is, when I update it, after loading new files i go to artists and it just loads the artists name a fair amount of time, it wont update properly, any advice?



 

first of all i would refer to my response to another person a few answers back and see if that helps.

 

so did this ever work correctly for you? if not it might just be your tags.

 

this is one of those issues thats hard to be sure unless i had your player in front of me.    are you sure it is completely finished updating when you go to check? someties i get impatient and check for a file before its finished updating and it appears not to be there, when it really just needed more time.. someties a lot of time if you changed a lot of files around.

when yo usay "when i update it" what is the exact process you go through?

are you sure the tags are thorough enough for RB to actually read them, or file them correctly?

what exactly are you expecting it to be doing that it isnt doing besides showing artists name?

 

 

i tend to lean towards either operator error, or needing an update/fresh install when people have issues like this.   I have been using rockbox since it was labeled stable, and I have literally had an issue and never had to reinstall unless i simply chose to when a new version came out.  I use lots of different features and its always been seamless.

It is certainly possible though that something happened during the install process. 

It seems to be quite stable and i dont think it is as buggy as people may think.   I bet their is either a reasonable explaination for what is happening, or it simply needs a fresh start.

 

 

 

 

post #707 of 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesMcProgger View Post



 

never tried the motorola. but will for sure be an upgrade for the PSP.

Clip is about portability, cant compare with a laptop.
 

dac amp inside the 40$ clip better than a conventional external at what price?


 

 

maybe try morespecific questions.
 

 


I like the sound on my laptop, and I was wondering if the Clip+ could match up to it's sound

and if the dac/amp inside the Clip+ was better or comparable to other sub-$100 amp/dacs?

 

post #708 of 913


Formatting it as we speak, gonna just try a fresh install ^_^

Hopefully it will work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br777 View Post





 

first of all i would refer to my response to another person a few answers back and see if that helps.

 

so did this ever work correctly for you? if not it might just be your tags.

 

this is one of those issues thats hard to be sure unless i had your player in front of me.    are you sure it is completely finished updating when you go to check? someties i get impatient and check for a file before its finished updating and it appears not to be there, when it really just needed more time.. someties a lot of time if you changed a lot of files around.

when yo usay "when i update it" what is the exact process you go through?

are you sure the tags are thorough enough for RB to actually read them, or file them correctly?

what exactly are you expecting it to be doing that it isnt doing besides showing artists name?

 

 

i tend to lean towards either operator error, or needing an update/fresh install when people have issues like this.   I have been using rockbox since it was labeled stable, and I have literally had an issue and never had to reinstall unless i simply chose to when a new version came out.  I use lots of different features and its always been seamless.

It is certainly possible though that something happened during the install process. 

It seems to be quite stable and i dont think it is as buggy as people may think.   I bet their is either a reasonable explaination for what is happening, or it simply needs a fresh start.

 

 

 

 



 

post #709 of 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko93101 View Post


Formatting it as we speak, gonna just try a fresh install ^_^

Hopefully it will work!



 



 

not sure what you mean by formatting, but fyi -  there is no need to erase your files or format your drive before reinstalling rockbox.

 

 

post #710 of 913


Oh well. Installing it now! *fingers crossed*

 

*EDIT*

It's ALIIIIVE!
MUAHAHAHAHA. This is too much epic for me to handle for one day.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Br777 View Post





 

not sure what you mean by formatting, but fyi -  there is no need to erase your files or format your drive before reinstalling rockbox.

 

 



 


Edited by marko93101 - 8/8/11 at 11:45am
post #711 of 913

Loving ROCKbox on my Clip+ especially this custom r28426M-101031 version with the Meier Crossfeed patch that dfkt compiled. Can't wait to test it out with the VSONIC GR07 that I'm planning to buy.


Edited by Soul_Est - 8/10/11 at 5:48am
post #712 of 913

Got the Clip+ today. WOW. PSP just won't cut it anymore.

 

 

post #713 of 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soul_Est View Post

Loving ROCKbox on my Clip+ especially this custom r28426M-101031 version with the Meier Crossfeed patch that dfkt compiled. Can't wait to test it out with the VSONIC GR07 that I'm planning to buy.



DFKT's builds are the best!

post #714 of 913

Duno if this has been answered before but what other method can i do so my sansa clip + gets recognized by my computer (Mac OSX / Windows XP). Been using my rockboxed clip for almost a year with both Mac and Windows without any problems but suddenly, they just wont recognize it. Tried the following to no avail:

 

1 - Forced MSC - pushing the center button while connecting to computer

2 - Reformatting - this, obviously, erased my Rockbox firmware. I can still run the clip but with its original firmware, but still unable to connect to the computer

3 - Draining the battery and let it stay "dead" for a week

4 - Changing the USB cables

 

Any bright ideas out there short of replacing it ?


Edited by leonsphinx - 8/14/11 at 8:49am
post #715 of 913

I rockboxed mine recently and it just doesn't appear on Windows, it says it's charging but that's it - On the standard firmware it's fine though...cool.gif

post #716 of 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Varley View Post

I rockboxed mine recently and it just doesn't appear on Windows, it says it's charging but that's it - On the standard firmware it's fine though...cool.gif



Apparently the USB drivers do not work under Rockbox. So when you connect the Clip+ to the computer, use the original firmware. Then safely unplug the Clip+ from the computer, turn it off and restart with Rockbox. Voilá!

post #717 of 913

Best way I find is to connect the Clip+ to the computer when it's turned off, it automatically boots into the ofw.

post #718 of 913
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pageygeeza View Post

Best way I find is to connect the Clip+ to the computer when it's turned off, it automatically boots into the ofw.



Yeah, I do that as well (and of course I didn't make that clear in my post...). And with the dual boot, it always boots Rockbox. If you want to start the ofw, you have to press the home and power buttons at the same time...

post #719 of 913

Yea, I did this a few times under my own initiative last night, before reading about what you've helpfully posted redface.gif

 

I'm just very picky and something like that is annoying for me to do, especially as I like quickly being able to drag and drop a new album onto the Clip - Hmmm, maybe I should just be less pedantic and just do what you've said, seems simple enough once I get into habit!

It's at least got to be less frustrating than having to convert every MP4 file to MP3!

 

Thanks!biggrin.gif

post #720 of 913

And on the topic of Rockbox - In a way (for my sake) I hope the Classic port doesn't become stable (not really, but still) because it means I'll have to get another classic!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › SansaClip+ Rockbox Appreciation Society