Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › SansaClip+ Rockbox Appreciation Society
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

SansaClip+ Rockbox Appreciation Society - Page 46

post #676 of 891

After 4 months with my clip+ I am ready and will rockbox it tonight. mostly to improve battery life and reduce updating times, (8gb internal+16gb card). will let you know how it went.

 

think ill go with the lastest stable version and do a manual installation, any advice?

 

 

 

 

post #677 of 891

Rockboxing my clip + was probably the best decision I have ever made, just for the crossfade option alone. Need to start learning about eq's properly though, so I can get the best potential sound to my liking.

 

What are your opinions on the eq presets?

post #678 of 891

Man rockbox is so cool. Im just going trough menus and the UI has highly improved.it did took it like 4 minutes to load nearly 21 GB of music tho.

post #679 of 891

i had a first gen 8gb clip, accidentally put it through the wash two days before i went on an overseas trip. dried it out as best as i could but it still wasn't turning on. i quickly ordered a clip+ to be delivered at my destination so that it would be there when i arrived and made do with my old nano for the plane trip over.

 

the clip+ was waiting patiently for me when i arrived, i immediately rockbox'd that sucka and copied all the music from my ipod onto it. works like a charm.

 

lo and behold, upon returning home, i plugged my old first gen into the USB power, and up she boots, good as new. 

 

clip 4 lyfe.

post #680 of 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by ext23 View Post

i had a first gen 8gb clip, accidentally put it through the wash two days before i went on an overseas trip. dried it out as best as i could but it still wasn't turning on. i quickly ordered a clip+ to be delivered at my destination so that it would be there when i arrived and made do with my old nano for the plane trip over.

 

the clip+ was waiting patiently for me when i arrived, i immediately rockbox'd that sucka and copied all the music from my ipod onto it. works like a charm.

 

lo and behold, upon returning home, i plugged my old first gen into the USB power, and up she boots, good as new. 

 

clip 4 lyfe.

I genuinely lol'd at this.  Have to admit I've never washed mine and don't really want to.  :D
 

 

post #681 of 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pageygeeza View Post



I genuinely lol'd at this.  Have to admit I've never washed mine and don't really want to.  :D
 

 



Mine enjoyed his bath :)

post #682 of 891

i have a question; i'm thinking about getting a 16gb microSD card to load flac albums for my clip.

 

just curious how the file structure works when you add a microSD card to the mix...does rockbox automatically create the directory trees it can recognise? will it automatically add ANY music files it finds on the SD card to the database? or do they have to be in a specific MUSIC directory? also can i sync files to the SD card, rather than the internal memory, when i plug in the clip with the SD card inside? or do i need to remove the SD card itself to put music on it?

 

hope that wasn't too confusing.

post #683 of 891
You just turn off the Clip, insert your card, then turn on. biggrin.gif
In rockbox, its automatically create a new folder called "microSD1", you can find it at the top of directory.
post #684 of 891

Haven't long purchased the clip+, but rockboxed it straight up as my intentions was to use some extra feats.

Noticed I need to manually update my /MUSIC folder else new files won't appear in there, and have to see these via the Database menu. I'm sure there's a way to auto sync it and what not, just haven't had time to look around yet.

 

Only thing that's annoying me at the moment is the seriously slow file transfer to internal memory, which is no greater than 4MB/s, will be getting a microsdhc card soon however, but is that speed normal for you guys???

 

cheers

post #685 of 891

My rockbox'd Sansa Clip+ sounds better to me than a Cowon J3. I'm just blown away by how good this small, cheap little player is.

post #686 of 891

I've been using my Clip+ for the past week and I've been thinking about getting an amp to power my UM3X. They're already very sensitive and I don't know if I would even be gaining anything from it. What do you guys think? The amps I've been thinking about were the Fiio E11 and the PA2V2

post #687 of 891

I've been wondering this too. If it doesn't merge into the database, then it would be VERY annoying to have to switch between microSD and internal memory.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ext23 View Post

i have a question; i'm thinking about getting a 16gb microSD card to load flac albums for my clip.

 

just curious how the file structure works when you add a microSD card to the mix...does rockbox automatically create the directory trees it can recognise? will it automatically add ANY music files it finds on the SD card to the database? or do they have to be in a specific MUSIC directory? also can i sync files to the SD card, rather than the internal memory, when i plug in the clip with the SD card inside? or do i need to remove the SD card itself to put music on it?

 

hope that wasn't too confusing.



 

That's great to know. Would you be able to find the microSD songs in the Database of the Clip+ with all the songs saved on the internal memory?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsosis View Post

You just turn off the Clip, insert your card, then turn on. biggrin.gif
In rockbox, its automatically create a new folder called "microSD1", you can find it at the top of directory.


 

 

post #688 of 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by ext23 View Post

i have a question; i'm thinking about getting a 16gb microSD card to load flac albums for my clip.

 

just curious how the file structure works when you add a microSD card to the mix...does rockbox automatically create the directory trees it can recognise? will it automatically add ANY music files it finds on the SD card to the database? or do they have to be in a specific MUSIC directory? also can i sync files to the SD card, rather than the internal memory, when i plug in the clip with the SD card inside? or do i need to remove the SD card itself to put music on it?

 

hope that wasn't too confusing.


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville View Post

I've been wondering this too. If it doesn't merge into the database, then it would be VERY annoying to have to switch between microSD and internal memory.

 

Rockbox places all music files, wherever they are, into the same database. This happens more or less automatically - according to the settings it is supposed to be entirely automatic, but I have found Rockbox to be a bit haphazard in its decisions when to update its database, so often I reboot it until it finally gets to work. In the end all songs show up, though.

 

Removing the card is not necessary. When plugged into a computer, the Clip itself and the card will be treated as two distinct external drives.

post #689 of 891
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smallville View Post

I've been using my Clip+ for the past week and I've been thinking about getting an amp to power my UM3X. They're already very sensitive and I don't know if I would even be gaining anything from it. What do you guys think? The amps I've been thinking about were the Fiio E11 and the PA2V2


Why on earth do you think the Clip+ needs an amp to power the UM3x?

 

post #690 of 891

Finally sorted out my syncing problems after going through the settings, wooo!

File transfer is still slow as though, so will have to stick to single folder transfers for now.

 

Clip+ rockboxed seems to power my hd25-1 ii fine, surprising how much power it has for such a small device, though booting up standard firmware it's way too quiet so glad it's been modded regular_smile%20.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Portable Source Gear
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Source Gear › SansaClip+ Rockbox Appreciation Society