rockbox increases battery life? someone said 19 hours?? geez. i was almost positive i wasnt going to rockbox mine because of the issues but hm..
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recommend a small cheap flash DAP? Last post on 8/4/11 at 5:04am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding smallest player? Last post on 2/1/11 at 1:33pm in Portable Source Gear
- Need a recommendation for under $150 Last post on 7/16/10 at 6:11am in Portable Source Gear
- Small, music only DAP. Last post on 7/16/10 at 6:35am in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking a new portable source Last post on 6/26/10 at 7:42am in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
First I’d like to thank HiFiMAN for sending me their new HM-700 DAP and RE-400B (balanced version of the RE-400) bundle for me to review. I have always wondered about the balanced players that...
Foreword Chinese/HK headphone manufacturer Astrotec is known for its value-priced products (beginning with their lauded AM90), and they've stuck to their guns by pricing the AX35 (and its near...
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
SansaClip+ Rockbox Appreciation Society - Page 24
Gear mentioned in this thread:
I get 19 hours on my clip+. I don't know what it was with the OF but the 19 hrs seems fairly accurate. I was able to not charge it every day but every other or 3rd day depending on how much listening was done those days.
Different iems exhibit different level of hiss.
After using my Clip+ rockboxed for a week, I can say that I'd rather pay $500 for a Clip+ than $200 for another iPod. Now I'm just extremely lucky that the clip ISN'T that high, because I'd be ready to pay that much. It's even better than my iriver e10 that I absolutely loved (and sold my iPod for, despite buying the iPod after the e10)
I just sighted the Clip+ on the Current Rockbox Builds page... that's new is it not?
I also just put r26956 on, I wonder what has changed since my older revision. Is there a way to find out?
What build are you using? I tried several ones, and always have one or another problem. Either with the pitch or jumps during songs...
Could you please send me the build you're using so that I can give it a chance ?
Thanks a lot!
I've been using DFTK's r26535M-100603-sansaclipplus (old keymap, volume 0x1b) release for a while now with no problems.
Solid state rules. One reason I always avoided HDD based players.
I guess that proves that these can take a beating although they are really small and light so less areas to get damaged and not too much weight in case it drops.
Oh the build I use is r25958-100511. I don't have the files for that anymore. I think I got it off the forums at anythingbutipod when I googled for builds that worked.
lol today was interesting. I went to the clip+ after using my netbook as source (temp solution until I get a new dac) and they sounded bass heavy compared to the weak and ridiculous early bass rolloff that my netbook has. looks like the clip+ will be used a lot until I get a new dac :)
Here is an interesting build for those of you who enjoy the ability to fine tune your headphones.
This one has a 24 band EQ!
Ive been using build r27060m-100622 for about a week now without any problems. Interesting thing is that my rockboxed clip+ sounds nearly as good as my fuze+lod+fiio5 really difference in amplification compared to stock firmware, however I would enjoy pk1 more amped but its really impressive result for such a small device.
I'm tried out Rockbox for my Clip+ and loved it. Unfortunately the ._ files my mac puts on the player seems to freeze Rockbox. Has anyone else experienced this, or found a work around? I'd really like to go back to rockbox, but I like to put my music on shuffle all at work, and Its a pain to have to restart the player every 10-15 minutes. I guess its the original firmware for right now....
- SansaClip+ Rockbox Appreciation Society
- › ATH-A900x Stronger Wing Tension Modification (Picture Heavy) 59 seconds ago
- › Best classical recordings...ever! 1 minute ago
- › The Basshead Club 1 minute ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 314 IEMs compared (Olasonic Flat-4 Nami added... 2 minutes ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 2 minutes ago
- › THE BEATLES ARE OVERRATED 2 minutes ago
- › The Centrance HiFi M8 thread 3 minutes ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (Update: 4/17/2014: AKG... 4 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre *ES9018K2M*, New amp section. Review 1st... 6 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 6 minutes ago
- › HifiMan Electronics HM-700 DAC with RE-400b Balanced In-Ear... by lin0003
- › Astrotec AX35 by tomscy2000
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob