rockbox increases battery life? someone said 19 hours?? geez. i was almost positive i wasnt going to rockbox mine because of the issues but hm..
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Recommend a small cheap flash DAP? Last post on 8/4/11 at 5:04am in Portable Source Gear
- Best sounding smallest player? Last post on 2/1/11 at 1:33pm in Portable Source Gear
- Need a recommendation for under $150 Last post on 7/16/10 at 6:11am in Portable Source Gear
- Small, music only DAP. Last post on 7/16/10 at 6:35am in Portable Source Gear
- Seeking a new portable source Last post on 6/26/10 at 7:42am in Portable Source Gear
2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Amps & Other Gear)
Last edited: 12/28/12
I've spent the past week auditioning these new VSD1S by VSonic. Before this I was listening extensively to my dual dynamics JVC FXT90's and my dual armature UE 700. For a single dynamic driver that...
I started this review with the intention of pointing out the things I don't like about it, but man, there really isn't much I don't love about these. Out of the box they sound very thin and...
It does a good job as a DAC for my starving student amp. Eventually, I will probably upgrade but it works well enough. It is nice that it powers off of USB and doesn't take up tons of space.
The review is based on the stock pads, not based on the upgraded velour pads. The only problem with the sound quality is a weird color in the upper mids, around vocal range. This is due to the...
The 880s don't have a lot of color to themselves. They're light comfortable cans that get the job done. They are a well rounded headphone good for someone who can't quite figure out what kind of...
SansaClip+ Rockbox Appreciation Society - Page 24
I get 19 hours on my clip+. I don't know what it was with the OF but the 19 hrs seems fairly accurate. I was able to not charge it every day but every other or 3rd day depending on how much listening was done those days.
Different iems exhibit different level of hiss.
After using my Clip+ rockboxed for a week, I can say that I'd rather pay $500 for a Clip+ than $200 for another iPod. Now I'm just extremely lucky that the clip ISN'T that high, because I'd be ready to pay that much. It's even better than my iriver e10 that I absolutely loved (and sold my iPod for, despite buying the iPod after the e10)
I just sighted the Clip+ on the Current Rockbox Builds page... that's new is it not?
I also just put r26956 on, I wonder what has changed since my older revision. Is there a way to find out?
What build are you using? I tried several ones, and always have one or another problem. Either with the pitch or jumps during songs...
Could you please send me the build you're using so that I can give it a chance ?
Thanks a lot!
I've been using DFTK's r26535M-100603-sansaclipplus (old keymap, volume 0x1b) release for a while now with no problems.
Solid state rules. One reason I always avoided HDD based players.
I guess that proves that these can take a beating although they are really small and light so less areas to get damaged and not too much weight in case it drops.
Oh the build I use is r25958-100511. I don't have the files for that anymore. I think I got it off the forums at anythingbutipod when I googled for builds that worked.
lol today was interesting. I went to the clip+ after using my netbook as source (temp solution until I get a new dac) and they sounded bass heavy compared to the weak and ridiculous early bass rolloff that my netbook has. looks like the clip+ will be used a lot until I get a new dac :)
Here is an interesting build for those of you who enjoy the ability to fine tune your headphones.
This one has a 24 band EQ!
Ive been using build r27060m-100622 for about a week now without any problems. Interesting thing is that my rockboxed clip+ sounds nearly as good as my fuze+lod+fiio5 really difference in amplification compared to stock firmware, however I would enjoy pk1 more amped but its really impressive result for such a small device.
I'm tried out Rockbox for my Clip+ and loved it. Unfortunately the ._ files my mac puts on the player seems to freeze Rockbox. Has anyone else experienced this, or found a work around? I'd really like to go back to rockbox, but I like to put my music on shuffle all at work, and Its a pain to have to restart the player every 10-15 minutes. I guess its the original firmware for right now....
- SansaClip+ Rockbox Appreciation Society
- › $350CAD HERUS: Asynchronous USB Audio 2.0, 24bit 352.8Ks/S, DXD and... 35 seconds ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 38 seconds ago
- › Speaker amps for headphones 1 minute ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 1 minute ago
- › Calling All "Vintage" Integrated/Receiver Owners 2 minutes ago
- › AudioQuest Dragonfly Review : Affordable, Outstanding, Tiny DAC / Amp 2 minutes ago
- › HE-500, LCD2, D5000, DT770, SR80, on a speaker amp (Emotiva mini-X... 3 minutes ago
- › USB to Dual XLR (Rokit 8) 4 minutes ago
- › The Nameless Guide To PC Gaming Audio (with binaural headphone... 4 minutes ago
- › PC Enthusiast-Fi (PC Gaming/Parts/Overclocking) 6 minutes ago
- › VSONIC VSD1S by IEMagnet01
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by eightbitpotion
- › NuForce Icon uDAC-2 (Black) USB DAC (24bit/96kHz) and Headphone... by jshaffe
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by jshaffe
- › Beyerdynamic DT 880 Pro 250 OHM Semi-open reference headphone by jshaffe
- › MartinLogan Mikros 90 Reference On-Ear Headphones, Black by pataburd
- › Logitech UE 6000 by Trunks159
- › MEElectronics SP51-BK Sound Preference In-Ear Headphone with Sound... by Benik3
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by JGrignon
- › Shure SE215 Black by starlan
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop &... by warrenpchi