Does anyone know how many CIEMS musicians go through performing on stage? They get pretty sweaty and stuff...if they are not having problems, I doubt a little gym activity will destroy these things.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/25/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 6/23/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 3/4/11
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 5/7/10
- brandLuxmantagged by System, 7/14/10
- productLuxman P-1utagged by System, 7/14/10
- brandRay Samuelstagged by System, 7/6/10
- productRay Samuels Emmeline II The Raptor Headphone Amptagged by System, 7/6/10
- productRay Samuels Emmeline XP-7 Headphone Amptagged by System, 7/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- JH16 Pro vs UE18 Pro Last post on 3/2/11 at 2:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Driving JH 13 vs Driving JH16 with just ipod? Last post on 8/20/10 at 11:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing between JH11, JH13, JH16 Last post on 8/21/10 at 11:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My Jaben Visit - a noob's impression on several IEMS Last post on 8/14/10 at 11:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio custom IEMs comfort level Last post on 8/9/10 at 5:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
Want something a bit better sounding than your cell phone, with the ability to carry your whole lossless music collection? Enter, Sony Walkman NW-A35. This new release from Sony features five...
JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions - Page 242post #3616 of 378610/3/13 at 11:24am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3617 of 378610/3/13 at 4:18pmpost #3618 of 378610/8/13 at 6:43pmpost #3619 of 37861/9/14 at 5:36amLike a lot of people, I am also stuck between the JH13 and JH16. The reason I like the 16 is because of the enhanced bass. Coming from the Westone 3 with its mid-bass hump, I am worried that the 13 might be a tad too bass-light sometimes. However, I also really like the supposed superior cleanness that the 13 has over the 16, and also a bit scared that the bass might be too much sometimes (or ruin the vocals etc).
I am going to run it unamped through my iPod touch 3G, Nexus 7-2, and the upcoming S5 or new HTC phone. I do however have a JDS C421 and O2 that I am willing to sell for a portable amp upgrade if needed. Does anyone have any thoughts?post #3620 of 37861/9/14 at 8:04amQuote:Originally Posted by Bananaheadlin
Like a lot of people, I am also stuck between the JH13 and JH16. The reason I like the 16 is because of the enhanced bass. Coming from the Westone 3 with its mid-bass hump, I am worried that the 13 might be a tad too bass-light sometimes. However, I also really like the supposed superior cleanness that the 13 has over the 16, and also a bit scared that the bass might be too much sometimes (or ruin the vocals etc).
I am going to run it unamped through my iPod touch 3G, Nexus 7-2, and the upcoming S5 or new HTC phone. I do however have a JDS C421 and O2 that I am willing to sell for a portable amp upgrade if needed. Does anyone have any thoughts?
I would say JH16 is a better choice if you want to run it on the sources you mentioned. Also if you come from westone 3 like you mentioned, you will feel JH13 loses some of the mid bass. JH16 doesn't ruin vocals that's for sure, because it has fairly fast bass.post #3621 of 37861/10/14 at 3:46amQuote:
I would agree with the above.
The JH16 suits more sources than the JH13.
I know JH13 shouldnt need amping, but it really comes to life with a bit of power.post #3622 of 37861/10/14 at 5:42ampost #3623 of 37861/10/14 at 10:03amQuote:
O2 brings out the best in JH16. Powerful impact and detailed bass. Very transparent and lets you hear your source without any hint of coloration. It's not exactly portable but if you carry a bag when you travel, JH16+O2 is a pleasure combo.
UHA-4 comes close to O2 are far as transparency goes. But the bass impact in O2 is much more powerful than UHA-4.post #3624 of 37861/10/14 at 10:04ampost #3625 of 37861/10/14 at 10:13amQuote:
JH16 is easy to drive. Any portable DAP can drive it properly. I always use it with an amp to bring out the best possible SQ. A dedicated amp is almost always better than the built-in amp on most DAP.post #3626 of 37861/10/14 at 10:22amQuote:
I agree. When I compare gears I only keep things simple. Noise/distortion free. Clear, accurate details throughout the frequency range. In short I want to hear the music as intended by the artist. I don't pay much attention to soundstage which is sometimes just an illusion when there is embedded noise/distortion in the high frequencies which could be perceived as additional details. Though it's nice to hear micro details because they make me feel the music much more real, being played in front of me.post #3627 of 37861/10/14 at 3:15pmQuote:
It depends on how much potential you want to try to squeeze out of it. When I had mine I ran it without amp. Straight through an Ipod Classic and the sound was jaw-dropping! But I'm sure an amp might add a little bit more clarity.post #3628 of 37861/10/14 at 3:44pmpost #3629 of 37862/2/14 at 3:53pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 57 seconds ago
- › Cowon P1 (8 month old) 1 minute ago
- › Sony NW-ZX2 Japan Version *EU SELLER* Price Drop 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - Newer Thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 3 minutes ago
- › Techno, Electro & Underground Beats 3 minutes ago
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 5 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 6 minutes ago
- › AKG K702 Impressions. 7 minutes ago
- › Can someone give me incontrovertible, empirical evidence that "burn... 7 minutes ago
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Pioneer DJ HRM-6 Professional Studio Monitor Headphones by ILIRS CORNER
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear