Does anyone know how many CIEMS musicians go through performing on stage? They get pretty sweaty and stuff...if they are not having problems, I doubt a little gym activity will destroy these things.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/25/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 6/23/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 3/4/11
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 5/7/10
- brandLuxmantagged by System, 7/14/10
- productLuxman P-1utagged by System, 7/14/10
- brandRay Samuelstagged by System, 7/6/10
- productRay Samuels Emmeline II The Raptor Headphone Amptagged by System, 7/6/10
- productRay Samuels Emmeline XP-7 Headphone Amptagged by System, 7/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- JH16 Pro vs UE18 Pro Last post on 3/2/11 at 2:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Driving JH 13 vs Driving JH16 with just ipod? Last post on 8/20/10 at 11:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing between JH11, JH13, JH16 Last post on 8/21/10 at 11:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My Jaben Visit - a noob's impression on several IEMS Last post on 8/14/10 at 11:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio custom IEMs comfort level Last post on 8/9/10 at 5:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 3/10/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 4/13/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
you know the original price of this one, a rock solid $100. can you feel it ? yees, there's a bad review is coming... let's take a look at what brainwavz says for it's own product, one word comes...
FOREWARD: as a relatively new user to head-fi, i dont expect many of you to take my review seriously. however, although i'm new to POSTING on this site, i've been an audiophile and a lurker of this...
Color! Because I feel in the mood for it. No, not really, this is just for the comparison. So, Red, & Green? Red - Not For Me. Green - Solid, & something I personally like. Comparison is...
Before I start my review, I would like to Thank LH Labs for providing me with a review sample of GeekOut in exchange for my honest opinion. I thought I was done with my round of portable USB...
I have owned these headphones for about a week. The sounds quality is great but I'm not sure if I can wear these longer than 1 hour. My ears get way too warm. Would love a bit more airflow.
JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions - Page 242post #3616 of 375110/3/13 at 11:24am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3617 of 375110/3/13 at 4:18pmpost #3618 of 375110/8/13 at 6:43pmpost #3619 of 37511/9/14 at 5:36amLike a lot of people, I am also stuck between the JH13 and JH16. The reason I like the 16 is because of the enhanced bass. Coming from the Westone 3 with its mid-bass hump, I am worried that the 13 might be a tad too bass-light sometimes. However, I also really like the supposed superior cleanness that the 13 has over the 16, and also a bit scared that the bass might be too much sometimes (or ruin the vocals etc).
I am going to run it unamped through my iPod touch 3G, Nexus 7-2, and the upcoming S5 or new HTC phone. I do however have a JDS C421 and O2 that I am willing to sell for a portable amp upgrade if needed. Does anyone have any thoughts?post #3620 of 37511/9/14 at 8:04amQuote:Originally Posted by Bananaheadlin
Like a lot of people, I am also stuck between the JH13 and JH16. The reason I like the 16 is because of the enhanced bass. Coming from the Westone 3 with its mid-bass hump, I am worried that the 13 might be a tad too bass-light sometimes. However, I also really like the supposed superior cleanness that the 13 has over the 16, and also a bit scared that the bass might be too much sometimes (or ruin the vocals etc).
I am going to run it unamped through my iPod touch 3G, Nexus 7-2, and the upcoming S5 or new HTC phone. I do however have a JDS C421 and O2 that I am willing to sell for a portable amp upgrade if needed. Does anyone have any thoughts?
I would say JH16 is a better choice if you want to run it on the sources you mentioned. Also if you come from westone 3 like you mentioned, you will feel JH13 loses some of the mid bass. JH16 doesn't ruin vocals that's for sure, because it has fairly fast bass.post #3621 of 37511/10/14 at 3:46amQuote:
I would agree with the above.
The JH16 suits more sources than the JH13.
I know JH13 shouldnt need amping, but it really comes to life with a bit of power.post #3622 of 37511/10/14 at 5:42ampost #3623 of 37511/10/14 at 10:03amQuote:
O2 brings out the best in JH16. Powerful impact and detailed bass. Very transparent and lets you hear your source without any hint of coloration. It's not exactly portable but if you carry a bag when you travel, JH16+O2 is a pleasure combo.
UHA-4 comes close to O2 are far as transparency goes. But the bass impact in O2 is much more powerful than UHA-4.post #3624 of 37511/10/14 at 10:04ampost #3625 of 37511/10/14 at 10:13amQuote:
JH16 is easy to drive. Any portable DAP can drive it properly. I always use it with an amp to bring out the best possible SQ. A dedicated amp is almost always better than the built-in amp on most DAP.post #3626 of 37511/10/14 at 10:22amQuote:
I agree. When I compare gears I only keep things simple. Noise/distortion free. Clear, accurate details throughout the frequency range. In short I want to hear the music as intended by the artist. I don't pay much attention to soundstage which is sometimes just an illusion when there is embedded noise/distortion in the high frequencies which could be perceived as additional details. Though it's nice to hear micro details because they make me feel the music much more real, being played in front of me.post #3627 of 37511/10/14 at 3:15pmQuote:
It depends on how much potential you want to try to squeeze out of it. When I had mine I ran it without amp. Straight through an Ipod Classic and the sound was jaw-dropping! But I'm sure an amp might add a little bit more clarity.post #3628 of 37511/10/14 at 3:44pmpost #3629 of 37512/2/14 at 3:53pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Introducing Lotoo PAW Gold 19 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › Headphone Sightings 2 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK240 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › Gustard Amplifiers and DACs 6 minutes ago
- › From Sennheiser HD 650 to HiFiMAN HE-400i... there's no way back! 8 minutes ago
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Balance Card for HIFI-ET MA8 MA9 Super Digital Audio Music Player 11 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by vaziyetu
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by xsk3l3t0rx
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM02 balanced amature inner earphone by ahnvx
- › Geek Out 450 USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier by twister6
- › Beyerdynamic T90 Premium Stereo Headphone by motion2082
- › COWON J3 32 GB Portable Media Player (Black) by viperxp
- › Audio-Technica AIR Dynamic Headphones ATH-AD900X by kite7
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheJniac
- › AKG K 550 by ahnvx
- › SKULLCANDY SLYR Circumaural Headset by ChromiumCola
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2