Does anyone know how many CIEMS musicians go through performing on stage? They get pretty sweaty and stuff...if they are not having problems, I doubt a little gym activity will destroy these things.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/25/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 6/23/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 3/4/11
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 5/7/10
- brandLuxmantagged by System, 7/14/10
- productLuxman P-1utagged by System, 7/14/10
- brandRay Samuelstagged by System, 7/6/10
- productRay Samuels Emmeline II The Raptor Headphone Amptagged by System, 7/6/10
- productRay Samuels Emmeline XP-7 Headphone Amptagged by System, 7/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- JH16 Pro vs UE18 Pro Last post on 3/2/11 at 2:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Driving JH 13 vs Driving JH16 with just ipod? Last post on 8/20/10 at 11:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing between JH11, JH13, JH16 Last post on 8/21/10 at 11:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My Jaben Visit - a noob's impression on several IEMS Last post on 8/14/10 at 11:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio custom IEMs comfort level Last post on 8/9/10 at 5:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
Last edited: 11/25/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)Last edited: 12/10/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Preamble: At HiFime, all started with the production of the Tripath TK2050 speaker amplification chip. Nowadays they are mostly known for their portable DACs that use valuable...
I've only been in this game since January but have bought a new IEM every month (at pay day obviously). Nothing yet has come close to being my go-to IEM. (I should note...I bought the Titans for...
Nuforce HEM4 – impressions and comparison with HEM2 After listening to the HEM2s recently courtesy of the Nuforce Massdrop, I managed to pick up a pair of the next model in their HEM series (the...
http://www.shozy-hk.com/zero-earphone/ Preamble: I was honored to receive an invitation to join in the Delta test of the pre-production Shozy Zero around April 16th. I received the unit...
JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions - Page 242post #3616 of 378410/3/13 at 11:24am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3617 of 378410/3/13 at 4:18pmpost #3618 of 378410/8/13 at 6:43pmpost #3619 of 37841/9/14 at 5:36amLike a lot of people, I am also stuck between the JH13 and JH16. The reason I like the 16 is because of the enhanced bass. Coming from the Westone 3 with its mid-bass hump, I am worried that the 13 might be a tad too bass-light sometimes. However, I also really like the supposed superior cleanness that the 13 has over the 16, and also a bit scared that the bass might be too much sometimes (or ruin the vocals etc).
I am going to run it unamped through my iPod touch 3G, Nexus 7-2, and the upcoming S5 or new HTC phone. I do however have a JDS C421 and O2 that I am willing to sell for a portable amp upgrade if needed. Does anyone have any thoughts?post #3620 of 37841/9/14 at 8:04amQuote:Originally Posted by Bananaheadlin
Like a lot of people, I am also stuck between the JH13 and JH16. The reason I like the 16 is because of the enhanced bass. Coming from the Westone 3 with its mid-bass hump, I am worried that the 13 might be a tad too bass-light sometimes. However, I also really like the supposed superior cleanness that the 13 has over the 16, and also a bit scared that the bass might be too much sometimes (or ruin the vocals etc).
I am going to run it unamped through my iPod touch 3G, Nexus 7-2, and the upcoming S5 or new HTC phone. I do however have a JDS C421 and O2 that I am willing to sell for a portable amp upgrade if needed. Does anyone have any thoughts?
I would say JH16 is a better choice if you want to run it on the sources you mentioned. Also if you come from westone 3 like you mentioned, you will feel JH13 loses some of the mid bass. JH16 doesn't ruin vocals that's for sure, because it has fairly fast bass.post #3621 of 37841/10/14 at 3:46amQuote:
I would agree with the above.
The JH16 suits more sources than the JH13.
I know JH13 shouldnt need amping, but it really comes to life with a bit of power.post #3622 of 37841/10/14 at 5:42ampost #3623 of 37841/10/14 at 10:03amQuote:
O2 brings out the best in JH16. Powerful impact and detailed bass. Very transparent and lets you hear your source without any hint of coloration. It's not exactly portable but if you carry a bag when you travel, JH16+O2 is a pleasure combo.
UHA-4 comes close to O2 are far as transparency goes. But the bass impact in O2 is much more powerful than UHA-4.post #3624 of 37841/10/14 at 10:04ampost #3625 of 37841/10/14 at 10:13amQuote:
JH16 is easy to drive. Any portable DAP can drive it properly. I always use it with an amp to bring out the best possible SQ. A dedicated amp is almost always better than the built-in amp on most DAP.post #3626 of 37841/10/14 at 10:22amQuote:
I agree. When I compare gears I only keep things simple. Noise/distortion free. Clear, accurate details throughout the frequency range. In short I want to hear the music as intended by the artist. I don't pay much attention to soundstage which is sometimes just an illusion when there is embedded noise/distortion in the high frequencies which could be perceived as additional details. Though it's nice to hear micro details because they make me feel the music much more real, being played in front of me.post #3627 of 37841/10/14 at 3:15pmQuote:
It depends on how much potential you want to try to squeeze out of it. When I had mine I ran it without amp. Straight through an Ipod Classic and the sound was jaw-dropping! But I'm sure an amp might add a little bit more clarity.post #3628 of 37841/10/14 at 3:44pmpost #3629 of 37842/2/14 at 3:53pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs)
- › A little about the Shozy Alien 2 seconds ago
- › Looking for <€100 forward sounding energetic IEMs 6 seconds ago
- › Brand New : Tralucent Audio Ref.1 Too & original Ref.1 38 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD800S Unveiled! 46 seconds ago
- › Tralucent Audio 1Plus2 IEM (Now With 'New' 1Plus2.2!) Impressions... 58 seconds ago
- › 1more E1001 triple driver in ear headphones review 1 minute ago
- › Fiio E11k 3 minutes ago
- › DQSM IEM Impressions / Easy Earphones Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › The Sony MDR-SA5000 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › ZhiYin QT5 4BA + 1DD Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › HiFime SPDIF Optical 9018 DAC by HiFiChris
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by harry501501
- › TFZ Series 1 by TwinACStacks
- › NuForce HEM4 Reference Class Hi-Res In-Ear Headphones with Dual... by Jackpot77
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by TwinACStacks
- › Fostex TH-X00 Massdrop exclusive by bestula
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Headphone by DJ Liquid
- › Rockit Sounds R-50 by puccipaolo
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Aornic
- › oBravo EAMT-3w Hybrid Dynamic Driver and Heil Air Motion Transducer... by glassmonkey
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...