Does anyone know how many CIEMS musicians go through performing on stage? They get pretty sweaty and stuff...if they are not having problems, I doubt a little gym activity will destroy these things.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/25/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 6/23/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 3/4/11
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 5/7/10
- brandLuxmantagged by System, 7/14/10
- productLuxman P-1utagged by System, 7/14/10
- brandRay Samuelstagged by System, 7/6/10
- productRay Samuels Emmeline II The Raptor Headphone Amptagged by System, 7/6/10
- productRay Samuels Emmeline XP-7 Headphone Amptagged by System, 7/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- JH16 Pro vs UE18 Pro Last post on 3/2/11 at 2:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Driving JH 13 vs Driving JH16 with just ipod? Last post on 8/20/10 at 11:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing between JH11, JH13, JH16 Last post on 8/21/10 at 11:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My Jaben Visit - a noob's impression on several IEMS Last post on 8/14/10 at 11:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio custom IEMs comfort level Last post on 8/9/10 at 5:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
So I got these real cheap, I thought what the heck for $15 I can't go wrong.....I was wrong. Well they are listenable, I hardly call them a gaming headphone besides the mic built in, explosions...
Well I only had it for a week now and being listening to it about 3-5 hours a day even before I go to bed yes this is how good it is to me. My only other DAP's I have it to compare to are the DX50...
When I listen to these Headphones I always think to Polygamy. That is because I am already in love for another Headphone but I am also attracted by these Liberate. They are not exactly my kind...
I actually have, believe it or not, two sets of the A8 earphones. I bought the first one at a B&O store; someone bought a car and the earphones came as a gift. He didn't care for them, so he gave...
I have tested all JBL BT Headphones. I am not even sure why. These are the ONLY one which is worth considering if you look for a good sound. But NOT for the actual price of $270, EVER. They...
JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions - Page 242post #3616 of 371410/3/13 at 11:24am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3617 of 371410/3/13 at 4:18pmpost #3618 of 371410/8/13 at 6:43pmpost #3619 of 37141/9/14 at 5:36amLike a lot of people, I am also stuck between the JH13 and JH16. The reason I like the 16 is because of the enhanced bass. Coming from the Westone 3 with its mid-bass hump, I am worried that the 13 might be a tad too bass-light sometimes. However, I also really like the supposed superior cleanness that the 13 has over the 16, and also a bit scared that the bass might be too much sometimes (or ruin the vocals etc).
I am going to run it unamped through my iPod touch 3G, Nexus 7-2, and the upcoming S5 or new HTC phone. I do however have a JDS C421 and O2 that I am willing to sell for a portable amp upgrade if needed. Does anyone have any thoughts?post #3620 of 37141/9/14 at 8:04amQuote:Originally Posted by Bananaheadlin
Like a lot of people, I am also stuck between the JH13 and JH16. The reason I like the 16 is because of the enhanced bass. Coming from the Westone 3 with its mid-bass hump, I am worried that the 13 might be a tad too bass-light sometimes. However, I also really like the supposed superior cleanness that the 13 has over the 16, and also a bit scared that the bass might be too much sometimes (or ruin the vocals etc).
I am going to run it unamped through my iPod touch 3G, Nexus 7-2, and the upcoming S5 or new HTC phone. I do however have a JDS C421 and O2 that I am willing to sell for a portable amp upgrade if needed. Does anyone have any thoughts?
I would say JH16 is a better choice if you want to run it on the sources you mentioned. Also if you come from westone 3 like you mentioned, you will feel JH13 loses some of the mid bass. JH16 doesn't ruin vocals that's for sure, because it has fairly fast bass.post #3621 of 37141/10/14 at 3:46amQuote:
I would agree with the above.
The JH16 suits more sources than the JH13.
I know JH13 shouldnt need amping, but it really comes to life with a bit of power.post #3622 of 37141/10/14 at 5:42ampost #3623 of 37141/10/14 at 10:03amQuote:
O2 brings out the best in JH16. Powerful impact and detailed bass. Very transparent and lets you hear your source without any hint of coloration. It's not exactly portable but if you carry a bag when you travel, JH16+O2 is a pleasure combo.
UHA-4 comes close to O2 are far as transparency goes. But the bass impact in O2 is much more powerful than UHA-4.post #3624 of 37141/10/14 at 10:04ampost #3625 of 37141/10/14 at 10:13amQuote:
JH16 is easy to drive. Any portable DAP can drive it properly. I always use it with an amp to bring out the best possible SQ. A dedicated amp is almost always better than the built-in amp on most DAP.post #3626 of 37141/10/14 at 10:22amQuote:
I agree. When I compare gears I only keep things simple. Noise/distortion free. Clear, accurate details throughout the frequency range. In short I want to hear the music as intended by the artist. I don't pay much attention to soundstage which is sometimes just an illusion when there is embedded noise/distortion in the high frequencies which could be perceived as additional details. Though it's nice to hear micro details because they make me feel the music much more real, being played in front of me.post #3627 of 37141/10/14 at 3:15pmQuote:
It depends on how much potential you want to try to squeeze out of it. When I had mine I ran it without amp. Straight through an Ipod Classic and the sound was jaw-dropping! But I'm sure an amp might add a little bit more clarity.post #3628 of 37141/10/14 at 3:44pmpost #3629 of 37142/2/14 at 3:53pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! just now
- › Geek Pulse: Geek desktop DAC/AMP by Light Harmonics 9 seconds ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 15 seconds ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.6.0 1 minute ago
- › is mp4 nation trustworthy? 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › Little Dot I+ Tube Rolling 2 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 6 minutes ago
- › Creative Fatal1ty Gaming Headset by TsukiNick
- › SHOZY Alien DAP by AudioGG
- › The House of Marley Liberate XL BT by Giogio
- › Bang & Olufsen A8 Earphones by fjhuerta
- › JBL Synchros 400BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphones, Black by Giogio
- › JBL J56 BT Bluetooth Wireless On-Ear Stereo Headphone, Black by Giogio
- › Jabra REVO Wireless Bluetooth Stereo Headphones - Retail Packaging... by Giogio
- › DUNU DN-2000 Hybrid 3 way earphone by Rockthemboots
- › Samsung Level over by Giogio
- › JBL E50BT Black Premium Wireless Over-Ear Bluetooth Stereo... by Giogio
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)