Does anyone know how many CIEMS musicians go through performing on stage? They get pretty sweaty and stuff...if they are not having problems, I doubt a little gym activity will destroy these things.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/25/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 6/23/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 3/4/11
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 5/7/10
- brandLuxmantagged by System, 7/14/10
- productLuxman P-1utagged by System, 7/14/10
- brandRay Samuelstagged by System, 7/6/10
- productRay Samuels Emmeline II The Raptor Headphone Amptagged by System, 7/6/10
- productRay Samuels Emmeline XP-7 Headphone Amptagged by System, 7/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- JH16 Pro vs UE18 Pro Last post on 3/2/11 at 2:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Driving JH 13 vs Driving JH16 with just ipod? Last post on 8/20/10 at 11:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing between JH11, JH13, JH16 Last post on 8/21/10 at 11:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My Jaben Visit - a noob's impression on several IEMS Last post on 8/14/10 at 11:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio custom IEMs comfort level Last post on 8/9/10 at 5:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 3/10/15
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
The price to performance ratio of the HiFiMan HE-400 is truly exceptional. The clamping force of new head band is tight and requires break-in. I prefer the the plush pads over stock pads for...
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I must admit, until recently, I was not aware of the Master and Dynamic brand. I had heard about them on the forums, but never really read anything about them. Their recent model MH40 is their...
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions - Page 242post #3616 of 375110/3/13 at 11:24am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3617 of 375110/3/13 at 4:18pmpost #3618 of 375110/8/13 at 6:43pmpost #3619 of 37511/9/14 at 5:36amLike a lot of people, I am also stuck between the JH13 and JH16. The reason I like the 16 is because of the enhanced bass. Coming from the Westone 3 with its mid-bass hump, I am worried that the 13 might be a tad too bass-light sometimes. However, I also really like the supposed superior cleanness that the 13 has over the 16, and also a bit scared that the bass might be too much sometimes (or ruin the vocals etc).
I am going to run it unamped through my iPod touch 3G, Nexus 7-2, and the upcoming S5 or new HTC phone. I do however have a JDS C421 and O2 that I am willing to sell for a portable amp upgrade if needed. Does anyone have any thoughts?post #3620 of 37511/9/14 at 8:04amQuote:Originally Posted by Bananaheadlin
Like a lot of people, I am also stuck between the JH13 and JH16. The reason I like the 16 is because of the enhanced bass. Coming from the Westone 3 with its mid-bass hump, I am worried that the 13 might be a tad too bass-light sometimes. However, I also really like the supposed superior cleanness that the 13 has over the 16, and also a bit scared that the bass might be too much sometimes (or ruin the vocals etc).
I am going to run it unamped through my iPod touch 3G, Nexus 7-2, and the upcoming S5 or new HTC phone. I do however have a JDS C421 and O2 that I am willing to sell for a portable amp upgrade if needed. Does anyone have any thoughts?
I would say JH16 is a better choice if you want to run it on the sources you mentioned. Also if you come from westone 3 like you mentioned, you will feel JH13 loses some of the mid bass. JH16 doesn't ruin vocals that's for sure, because it has fairly fast bass.post #3621 of 37511/10/14 at 3:46amQuote:
I would agree with the above.
The JH16 suits more sources than the JH13.
I know JH13 shouldnt need amping, but it really comes to life with a bit of power.post #3622 of 37511/10/14 at 5:42ampost #3623 of 37511/10/14 at 10:03amQuote:
O2 brings out the best in JH16. Powerful impact and detailed bass. Very transparent and lets you hear your source without any hint of coloration. It's not exactly portable but if you carry a bag when you travel, JH16+O2 is a pleasure combo.
UHA-4 comes close to O2 are far as transparency goes. But the bass impact in O2 is much more powerful than UHA-4.post #3624 of 37511/10/14 at 10:04ampost #3625 of 37511/10/14 at 10:13amQuote:
JH16 is easy to drive. Any portable DAP can drive it properly. I always use it with an amp to bring out the best possible SQ. A dedicated amp is almost always better than the built-in amp on most DAP.post #3626 of 37511/10/14 at 10:22amQuote:
I agree. When I compare gears I only keep things simple. Noise/distortion free. Clear, accurate details throughout the frequency range. In short I want to hear the music as intended by the artist. I don't pay much attention to soundstage which is sometimes just an illusion when there is embedded noise/distortion in the high frequencies which could be perceived as additional details. Though it's nice to hear micro details because they make me feel the music much more real, being played in front of me.post #3627 of 37511/10/14 at 3:15pmQuote:
It depends on how much potential you want to try to squeeze out of it. When I had mine I ran it without amp. Straight through an Ipod Classic and the sound was jaw-dropping! But I'm sure an amp might add a little bit more clarity.post #3628 of 37511/10/14 at 3:44pmpost #3629 of 37512/2/14 at 3:53pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › FS - RHA MA-750i + Sansa Clip Zip 8gb 13 seconds ago
- › LNMP Finishing touches - wiring the battery pack and enclosing 31 seconds ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 33 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-FX1200 Wood Dome Universal In-Ear Monitors 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 2 minutes ago
- › HeadRoom Desktop Stereo Power Amplifier 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 3 minutes ago
- › Little Dot MK VI / Little Dot MK VIII SE Owners Unite 3 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Stereocilia
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2