Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions - Page 228

post #3406 of 3714
Wow . They moved the tweeters from canal area to that far?! They look like 8 drivers to me
post #3407 of 3714
Quote:
Originally Posted by lee730 View Post

Maybe you now have a JH13?

 

 

 

No ? I bought the 16's

post #3408 of 3714
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post

Wow . They moved the tweeters from canal area to that far?! They look like 8 drivers to me

 

How can you tell ? What is that little driver ? 

post #3409 of 3714

I can't see too clearly from the pictures, but I assume the tweeters will be the smallest drivers (like my JH16). Normally for CIEMs, tweeters will be put closest to the end of the canal which is the case for several of my CIEMs. But it's weird that I can't see any drivers around that position for the new model.

post #3410 of 3714
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post

I can't see too clearly from the pictures, but I assume the tweeters will be the smallest drivers (like my JH16). Normally for CIEMs, tweeters will be put closest to the end of the canal which is the case for several of my CIEMs. But it's weird that I can't see any drivers around that position for the new model.

 

 

Well if that's the tweeter than the other two duals are the bass and midrange. Both are equally sized. 

 

So we can confirm that there are 6 drivers only in my JH 16 ?

post #3411 of 3714

4 bass drivers,2 mids

 

2 mids, 2 tweeters

4 bass

 

the new model does look different

post #3412 of 3714
Quote:

Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post
 

 

4 bass drivers,2 mids

 

 

2 mids, 2 tweeters

 

4 bass

 

the new model does look different

 

So you confirm that I have only 6 drivers ( somehow Jh13 ) in my Jh16's ? I better take my pill before I lose my temper 

post #3413 of 3714
Quote:
Originally Posted by IA64 View Post

 

So you confirm that I have only 6 drivers ( somehow Jh13 ) in my Jh16's ? I better take my pill before I lose my temper 

Why? You didn't lose anything, but gaining with a better listening CIEM. I have seen lots of people that didn't like the first JH audio product and got switched from JH13/16 to JH16/JH13. JH16 isn't technically better than JH13 in anyway.The only difference is the two more bass drivers. So nothing to worry about. You like JH13 better than JH16, that's all.

 

If you addressed the bass was bloated, they will have to tune the bass down by taking out some drivers (in theory)

 

Plus I can't see clear enough from the picture you posted. 


Edited by tupac0306 - 4/27/13 at 6:02am
post #3414 of 3714
Quote:
So you confirm that I have only 6 drivers ( somehow Jh13 ) in my Jh16's ? I better take my pill before I lose my temper 

It happened to me before, I've ordered JH16 and they are sending JH13 with the JH16 printed on it, luckily its easier to noticed there are 2 bores instead of 3 bores for the older model smily_headphones1.gif
post #3415 of 3714
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post

Why? You didn't lose anything, but gaining with a better listening CIEM. I have seen lots of people that didn't like the first JH audio product and got switched from JH13/16 to JH16/JH13. JH16 isn't technically better than JH13 in anyway.The only difference is the two more bass drivers. So nothing to worry about. You like JH13 better than JH16, that's all.

 

 

Yeah exactly, I am not concerned about the sound quality. I have already said that I noticed on some tracks that the bass is little shy but overall the final outcome is way better than the first one I got.

 

It's just a matter of principal, I would have expected from them to disconnect a dual not remove it entirely, or even notify me. You know I could have decided to leave the 16's just for bass-head tracks.

 

Worst case, they could have advised me to go for the JH13's for $100 cheaper. It's like you feel cheated when you pay for something and get something else for the same price just because you asked them to have a look a the boomy sound. Well... I have to live with it but if what I'm hearing is the 13's signature, then my advice to anyone going for a Custom is to forget about the 16's... the 13's sound much better IMO

post #3416 of 3714
Quote:
Originally Posted by bimadz View Post


It happened to me before, I've ordered JH16 and they are sending JH13 with the JH16 printed on it, luckily its easier to noticed there are 2 bores instead of 3 bores for the older model smily_headphones1.gif

 

What did you do about it ? 

post #3417 of 3714

Hard to verify from those shots but it looks like a valid concern. Call them.

post #3418 of 3714
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

Hard to verify from those shots but it looks like a valid concern. Call them.

 

They can just tell you " you said the bass was too boomy, we removed a dual bass driver " 

post #3419 of 3714
Quote:
Originally Posted by IA64 View Post

 

They can just tell you " you said the bass was too boomy, we removed a dual bass driver " 

IA64, you got a good sounding IEM that you enjoy and don't want to send back, that's good. But, I agree with you on the principle of the matter. It's pretty cynical of them to decide (without consultation with you) to change your order (if indeed they did that). At the very least, they should have included a $100 refund.

 

BTW, did you have to take a pill (per absent driver) to calm your temper?

post #3420 of 3714
Quote:
Originally Posted by IA64 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimadz View Post

It happened to me before, I've ordered JH16 and they are sending JH13 with the JH16 printed on it, luckily its easier to noticed there are 2 bores instead of 3 bores for the older model smily_headphones1.gif

What did you do about it ? 

I just sent them back and they replaced it with the 16, it just weird to me 13 with the 16 printed on it. Anyway I am basshead so the 16 is preferred
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions