Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions - Page 227

post #3391 of 3682
Quote:
Originally Posted by IA64 View Post

 

You are talking about the Jh16's not 13 right ?  I really hope so.


Yes the JH16

post #3392 of 3682
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post

How long is the ETA for an order shipment/arrive? I ordered late March

They received my impressions 2/5 and I received the JH16's on 3/15.

post #3393 of 3682
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

And the new 13FPs are even smoother yet with better treble tuning, extra bore. Sibilance or extension is a non issue for me. Though it won't hide a bad source, it works great for me even with what have been described as hotter sources like my HiSound Anv 3. I never get the sense of too analytical.

I've tried the 13's with FP (demo unit) today surprised how it change for the better.

its more fun now compare to the one pre-FP.

 

the 16's with FP is even better with more bass and stuff.


Edited by Tamz - 4/9/13 at 7:05am
post #3394 of 3682
Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

They received my impressions 2/5 and I received the JH16's on 3/15.

 

My impressions were delivered on 25/03/13 , My IEMs got shipped on 02/04/13.

post #3395 of 3682
Quote:
Originally Posted by IA64 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by longbowbbs View Post

They received my impressions 2/5 and I received the JH16's on 3/15.

Nice quick turn around. I hope they are better.

My impressions were delivered on 25/03/13 , My IEMs got shipped on 02/04/13.
post #3396 of 3682

Ok I received a YuLong D100 MK II today. Can't believe how good it sounds. 

 

The interesting part is that the bass seems much more controlled than that of the iMac builtin DAC which is considered an excellent performer anyway. On the iMac the bass is thicker, sounds like if it was boosted whereas on the Yulong it's punchy, it extends pretty well and is present just when you should hear it.

 

Looks like the Yulong and JH16's are a perfect combo.

 

The reason why I never noticed an overpowered bass on iMac is probably caused by the  Shure sound signature withdrawal syndrom.... Shure are very mid-centric,  they relatively lack bass ( SE53x ) 

 

Now depending on the source, it can either sound balanced or very "aigu" if the source has a true flat frequency response. SE535 and Jh16's have almost opposite sound signature.

 

 

 

I am starting to believe that you can never judge an IEM from the first day, you can only enjoy them with time.

post #3397 of 3682

Ok guys an update...

 

I received my JH16's back after complaining about the very boomy sound and god what a difference !?? Sound is much much better for some reason. 

 

I tried to compare the old and new pictures of the 16's but the size of the nozzle and angle are pretty much identical. I have no idea what they did but the bass is much smoother and gentle on my ears. Overall sound quality is outstanding. 

 

I must admit that the bass seem a little bit lacking on some tracks but switching the sound mode on my DAC fix this issue.

 

Some pictures of these babies  ( Azure blue request + platinum faceplate + custom artwork )  - They look much better IRL but it's a phone camera 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

I will try take better pics when I leave the office.


Edited by IA64 - 4/26/13 at 8:44am
post #3398 of 3682

good news. congrats! Last pair must be defective if you find the new pair sounded completely different.

post #3399 of 3682
Quote:
Originally Posted by tupac0306 View Post

good news. congrats! Last pair must be defective if you find the new pair sounded completely different.

 

Thanks buddy, 

 

One thing I noticed is that JH16's don't sound that good from the high impedance output of my DAC compared to the low impedance one. All my other IEMs ( 28 - 36 Ohms ) produce a wider soundstage from high Imp. With the 16's it the opposite, too much hiss and mediocre bass from high impedance. Well, i'll stick with low imp. Outstanding sound quality.

post #3400 of 3682

One more thing....

 

I advise not using VLC on Mac OS X to play FLAC audio format for now. It has been confirmed after reporting it on forum that the version 2.x is buggy and brings too much distortion to the sound. Mostly noticed when you forward with the progress bar.

 

I'm using songbird and the sound quality is definitely much better with FLAC.

 

Regards. 

post #3401 of 3682
Quote:
Originally Posted by IA64 View Post

Ok guys an update...

 

I received my JH16's back after complaining about the very boomy sound and god what a difference !?? Sound is much much better for some reason. 

 

I tried to compare the old and new pictures of the 16's but the size of the nozzle and angle are pretty much identical. I have no idea what they did but the bass is much smoother and gentle on my ears. Overall sound quality is outstanding. 

 

I must admit that the bass seem a little bit lacking on some tracks but switching the sound mode on my DAC fix this issue.

 

Some pictures of these babies  ( Azure blue request + platinum faceplate + custom artwork )  - They look much better IRL but it's a phone camera 

 

 

Try look at driver placement and how they route the sound tubes... 

 

Pre-FP models, the high drivers were placed very near the canal area, but the new models, the high drivers were moved to the top.

 

As for the sound tubes, low drivers got the shortest distance from tube to bore outlet followed by mids then high... certainly it changes the sound being delivered.

 

I too sent my 16s back for a remould as the fit was off causing discomfort and isolation problems...

post #3402 of 3682
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteGene View Post

 

Try look at driver placement and how they route the sound tubes... 

 

Pre-FP models, the high drivers were placed very near the canal area, but the new models, the high drivers were moved to the top.

 

As for the sound tubes, low drivers got the shortest distance from tube to bore outlet followed by mids then high... certainly it changes the sound being delivered.

 

I too sent my 16s back for a remould as the fit was off causing discomfort and isolation problems...

 

 

This is what I have inside my IEM, probably nothing else from what I can see. I can only see 6 drivers or ? Correct me if I'm wrong.

 


Edited by IA64 - 4/26/13 at 8:40pm
post #3403 of 3682

i see 6 as well... hmmmm...

 

 

1000

 

 

I see 8 in mine...

 

how many do u see in mine?

post #3404 of 3682
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfiniteGene View Post

i see 6 as well... hmmmm...

 

 

1000

 

 

I see 8 in mine...

 

how many do u see in mine?

 

 

Can't really judge from the picture but your drivers look absolutely different. In my case i have 2 dual drivers with identical size and a 3rd almost half the size.


Edited by IA64 - 4/26/13 at 9:16pm
post #3405 of 3682

Maybe you now have a JH13?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions