Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryIn Eartagged by System, 6/25/10
- brandJH Audiotagged by System, 6/23/10
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 3/4/11
- productJH Audio JH16 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by System, 5/7/10
- brandLuxmantagged by System, 7/14/10
- productLuxman P-1utagged by System, 7/14/10
- brandRay Samuelstagged by System, 7/6/10
- productRay Samuels Emmeline II The Raptor Headphone Amptagged by System, 7/6/10
- productRay Samuels Emmeline XP-7 Headphone Amptagged by System, 7/6/10
Related Forum Threads
- JH16 Pro vs UE18 Pro Last post on 3/2/11 at 2:53pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Driving JH 13 vs Driving JH16 with just ipod? Last post on 8/20/10 at 11:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Choosing between JH11, JH13, JH16 Last post on 8/21/10 at 11:15pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- My Jaben Visit - a noob's impression on several IEMS Last post on 8/14/10 at 11:19pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio custom IEMs comfort level Last post on 8/9/10 at 5:02pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 12/1/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 11/28/14
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Portable Amps, DACs, & DAPs) (page 2)Last edited: 1/22/15
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 5/7/10
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
INTRODUCTION Because I’ve been involved with some review samples with my Australian brethren in the last couple of years, I’ve had the chance to hear some IEMs I’ve been curious about in the...
The Little Dot line of headphone amps represent what is possible when a Chinese production amp doesn't cut corners on build quality and engineering. This amp has my vote as the best desktop hybrid...
My dac progression has been in the sub 1000.00 range and frankly I doubt I will ever exceed that mark further I find it hard to believe there is anything better in this price range. My musical...
Specifications: Driver: Titanium Diaphgram Dynamic Driver 13mm Sensitivity: 90+- 2dB Reproduction Frequency: 20Hz-30kHz Cable Length: 1.2m Plug: 3.5mm Stere Mini Weight: 18g Comes With: 1...
Hi guys, I spent several hours (more than 40 hours research) to find the best headphone for my budget (under AUD $200). I tried to read as many reviews (mainly the 1-2 stars) as I could to know...
JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions - Page 211post #3151 of 371711/2/12 at 4:27am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3152 of 371711/2/12 at 8:49am
There is a channel balance issue with my JH-16 and I want to send it back to JHAudio for repairs.
I live in the UK, I wonder how I can send the parcel and have it go through the US customs without tax, since it has been built in the USpost #3153 of 371711/2/12 at 8:53ampost #3154 of 371711/5/12 at 6:21am
Can anyone recommend a universal fit iem that sounds closest to a JH16? I currently own a W4 and ES5, and I'm a bit let down by the comfort of custom iems and the ES5 sound if I'm being honest. W4 is comfortable and sounds great, jus that it lacks a little airiness and I'd prefer a bit more bass.post #3155 of 371711/5/12 at 6:57amQuote:Originally Posted by mogumagnus
Can anyone recommend a universal fit iem that sounds closest to a JH16? I currently own a W4 and ES5, and I'm a bit let down by the comfort of custom iems and the ES5 sound if I'm being honest. W4 is comfortable and sounds great, jus that it lacks a little airiness and I'd prefer a bit more bass.
Not really the same sound signature than JH16 but if you like your W4 you should love the ToGo 334.post #3156 of 371711/5/12 at 7:08ampost #3157 of 371711/5/12 at 7:49amQuote:
I have had to send mine back a few times for fit issues.
You dont have to pay tax to send it back to JH - just mark it as Warranty Repair on the customs declaration form.post #3158 of 371711/5/12 at 4:32pmQuote:Quote:
I'm not sure I wanna spend THAT much. Besides, from what I'm reading about the TG334 and I might be wrong here, but it seems to be described very much like an ES5, thick forward mids with dark treble. I get that many love this sound, but I prefer a brighter, "clearer" sound signature.
I'm interested in Vsonic GR07, perhaps the bass edition? I managed to demo the basic mk2 sans bass ed, and was surprised how much clearer it sounded compared to my reference W4. Like someone cleaned the windows and the rooms brighter so to speak. Possibly less mid bass than W4 tho. Will need to have longer demo session.
Also intrigued by the JVC HA-FX700. But there's no where I can demo it locally. :(
When i tried the JH16 demos, I liked the sound signature except for some sibilance on some songs, but it's something I'm willing to live with. I'm wary of the comfort of customs already cos even with ES5s I nvr quite got used to the feeling of hard shells in my ear.... not the mention the refits i went thru
Edited by mogumagnus - 11/5/12 at 6:21pmpost #3159 of 371711/5/12 at 7:23pm
Best place I have found to demo several decent UIEM's is at the airport....really! New HP specialty stores now have a wide variety of UIEM's to try. I demoed the Shure 535's, the 4R's, IE80 and a few others with my IPC/HP-P1 combo while wiring for my flight. Best access to several short of a meet.post #3160 of 371711/5/12 at 10:16pm
Do be warned that not everyone will like the JH16..demo it first.
I regretted seeing reviews and now i hate the JH16 as i spent so much and its bad when i change the cables to a premium one.post #3161 of 371711/5/12 at 10:19pmpost #3162 of 371711/7/12 at 10:00am
I own the JH-16/J3a. I do listen to the JH-16 without the JH-3a.
coming from a musical background. There is a slight bump in the lower frequencies but it is slight. Only matters in rock, pop. Under classical it is not used much. Except for some pipe organ music and piano.
When I listen to Izthak Pearlman, Yo-yo Ma, Pepe Romero, Paco De Lucia, Paco Peña, Manuel Baruecco, Andre Segovia, John Williams, the master editor in Christopher Parkening (and catch all his editing prowess), Kazuhito Yamash i ta (one word but the censor nonesense stricks the players last name), basically every string player that is great, under the JH-16. The insturments are unmistakable. Each has a certain sound signature that when there is any tuning done on the IEM/speakers etc, always change the instruments sound signature. I have heard many (save for Andre Segovia) live and that sound always sticks with me. To include when they do there tuning (440 hz for Classical guitar). The JH-16 nails it.
Edited by figgie - 11/7/12 at 10:02ampost #3163 of 371711/7/12 at 11:38ampost #3164 of 371711/7/12 at 5:24pmQuote:
Simple, I don't feel like lugging the JH3a everywhere.. Just the phone. So I use it with the adapter. :)
with that said,
the JH16 sound the SAME when they are unplugged and when they are connected to the JH3a with the Bass effect switch is turned on and the knob is all the way counter clockwise (0 gain). it is about a 3 dB increase in the lower frequency.
If Bass effect is turned off, the JH-16 sound like they are fairly flat on frequency response from 20-20khz.
Edited by figgie - 11/7/12 at 5:30pmpost #3165 of 371711/8/12 at 12:37amQuote:
I can understand that, do you only use them for portable use?
What phone do you use?
I have the HTC One S and I'm very unhappy with that combination.
I get a constant hum, and when I touch the screen or buttons I get distortion in form of pops and clicks. Another problem is volume control, too few steps, it's either to loud or to low.
The HTC One S is supposed to be a music phone, pathetic in my opinion,
Cheers!Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- JH Audio JH16 Pro First Impressions
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 41 seconds ago
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes 1 minute ago
- › SONY NWZ-A10 Series 1 minute ago
- › Apex Peak/Volcano Review 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony XBA-H1 and XBA-H3 Hybrid Dynamic and BA IEM 4 minutes ago
- › Meier Audio Corda Daccord DAC 4 minutes ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 4 minutes ago
- › Little Dot I+ or MKII for my can`s 5 minutes ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2... MicroSD Slot & 33 hours Hi-Res Playback 5 minutes ago
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Brooko
- › Little Dot I+ by Zeejet
- › MHDT labs havana by joespride
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Dsnuts
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by Janos Kardos
- › Sony MDR-10RBT Bluetooth Headphone by Giogio
- › Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones - Black by Giogio
- › Harman Kardon BT by Giogio
- › Philips Fidelio M2BT by Giogio
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by cuiter23
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3