- 951 Posts. Joined 3/2007
- Location: Wyoming
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 10/21/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 10/21/10
- productDenon AHD1001K On-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/21/10
- productDenon AHD1001S On-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by System, 10/21/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/21/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/21/10
- productJVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphonetagged by System, 10/21/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/21/10
Related Forum Threads
- Considering upgrade to D2000. Advice/better options? Last post on 6/13/12 at 8:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats Last post on 3/24/12 at 8:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for new set of headphones Last post on 12/1/10 at 6:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Seeking Advice on First "Good" Cans Purchase Last post on 10/13/10 at 7:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Review: Sennheiser HD 448 vs. Denon AH-D1001 vs. Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 5/30/11 at 7:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/11/17
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: HRT Model: microStreamer Price: $169 at amazon.com Volume Control: Digitally-activated analog attenuator, no volume control on unit itself.Power Connector: USB, mini...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDSDPrice: $499 at musicdirect.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob (On/Off)Power Connector: USB 3.0 Male, USB 3.0...
Advice on headphones for BASS - Page 2post #16 of 243/23/10 at 9:30pmi cant comment on ultrasones but the m50 vs the dt770 i used to own shakes out like this... dt770 is a bit more articulated and separated with more impact. the m50 is a warm bass immersion that sort of bleeds into the rest of freq range. m50 has a more fun full bass compared to the dt770 in my opinion, i loved the dt770 but when it comes to a fun listen i would reach for the m50 vs the analytical slam of the dt770. This is my opinion and not fact, everyone has different ears so please no flaming me for this type of comparison. good luck!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 243/23/10 at 11:24pmHow comfortable are the M50s? I HAD the Sony XB700 as my bass heavy headphone, but there was something I didn't like about where they put the stitching on the pads that just hurt my head, so I returned them. They sounded amazing though.post #18 of 243/23/10 at 11:52pm^ i think i have a pretty normal sized head but if you had a big head i can imagine these having a good grip on your head. But... these are a monitoring can/dj type build so they need to stay on your head when moving around thus a tighter clamp. id say they're an 7.5 out of 10 and for me 10 being the AT series by audio tech with the wing system. if your wearing them for under 2 ish hours at a time they should be just gravy! there are no stitches to speak of in any contact with my head "madlustenvy".post #19 of 243/24/10 at 12:02amI own the AD-700 which uses the wing system and I HATE their fit (too lose, slide off, etc). I will never buy any winged headphone ever again. This is why I want a traditional band like what the M50's have.post #20 of 243/24/10 at 12:23ampost #21 of 243/24/10 at 12:54ampost #22 of 243/24/10 at 10:29amThread Starterpost #23 of 246/15/10 at 10:38pmpost #24 of 246/15/10 at 10:53pmQuote:
There's Pro and Premium. Pro uses cheaper materials and look costetically different. The sound is different between the Pro and Premium, I don't know why. I guess it's the way the sound bounces off the different material, perhaps them being balanced differently, maybe someone else can chime in.
The Pro has an 80ohm version which the Premium doesn't have. It's VERY emphasized on bass, More so than other Pro models and all Premium models.
32ohm are easiest to drive and are aimed for portable devices. The more ohms, the harder to drive. Apparently there's a difference in sound quality when comparing the 32 and 250ohm vs 600ohms. I've been told the 32 and 250 is similar with the 250 being just a tad bit harder to drive, and the 600ohm has an even more refined sound compared to the other ohm versions. I myself don't like to deal with too much equipment, so I'd always get something with less than 100ohm, just because I don't wanna spend more money on equipment to bring out the potential of the harder to drive headphones. If you got money to spend, the 600ohm is for you. They have the best potential.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 6/15/10 at 10:55pm
- Advice on headphones for BASS
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Headphone Impedance
- › What portable headphone (wireless is preferred) would you... 15 seconds ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 28 seconds ago
- › The Other Metal Thread: No Blastbeat Metal Zone! 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Pioneer's First Hi-End Headphones: SE-Master 1 2 minutes ago
- › Need help choosing between Vmoda Crossfade Wireless and B&W P7 2 minutes ago
- › Sony ZX2 US version, no volume lock, TRRS balanced adapter included 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear