- 948 Posts. Joined 3/2007
- Location: Wyoming
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 10/21/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 10/21/10
- productDenon AHD1001K On-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/21/10
- productDenon AHD1001S On-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by System, 10/21/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/21/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/21/10
- productJVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphonetagged by System, 10/21/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/21/10
Related Forum Threads
- Considering upgrade to D2000. Advice/better options? Last post on 6/13/12 at 8:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats Last post on 3/24/12 at 8:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for new set of headphones Last post on 12/1/10 at 6:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Seeking Advice on First "Good" Cans Purchase Last post on 10/13/10 at 7:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Review: Sennheiser HD 448 vs. Denon AH-D1001 vs. Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 5/30/11 at 7:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Advice on headphones for BASS - Page 2post #16 of 243/23/10 at 9:30pmi cant comment on ultrasones but the m50 vs the dt770 i used to own shakes out like this... dt770 is a bit more articulated and separated with more impact. the m50 is a warm bass immersion that sort of bleeds into the rest of freq range. m50 has a more fun full bass compared to the dt770 in my opinion, i loved the dt770 but when it comes to a fun listen i would reach for the m50 vs the analytical slam of the dt770. This is my opinion and not fact, everyone has different ears so please no flaming me for this type of comparison. good luck!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 243/23/10 at 11:24pmHow comfortable are the M50s? I HAD the Sony XB700 as my bass heavy headphone, but there was something I didn't like about where they put the stitching on the pads that just hurt my head, so I returned them. They sounded amazing though.post #18 of 243/23/10 at 11:52pm^ i think i have a pretty normal sized head but if you had a big head i can imagine these having a good grip on your head. But... these are a monitoring can/dj type build so they need to stay on your head when moving around thus a tighter clamp. id say they're an 7.5 out of 10 and for me 10 being the AT series by audio tech with the wing system. if your wearing them for under 2 ish hours at a time they should be just gravy! there are no stitches to speak of in any contact with my head "madlustenvy".post #19 of 243/24/10 at 12:02amI own the AD-700 which uses the wing system and I HATE their fit (too lose, slide off, etc). I will never buy any winged headphone ever again. This is why I want a traditional band like what the M50's have.post #20 of 243/24/10 at 12:23ampost #21 of 243/24/10 at 12:54ampost #22 of 243/24/10 at 10:29amThread Starterpost #23 of 246/15/10 at 10:38pmpost #24 of 246/15/10 at 10:53pmQuote:
There's Pro and Premium. Pro uses cheaper materials and look costetically different. The sound is different between the Pro and Premium, I don't know why. I guess it's the way the sound bounces off the different material, perhaps them being balanced differently, maybe someone else can chime in.
The Pro has an 80ohm version which the Premium doesn't have. It's VERY emphasized on bass, More so than other Pro models and all Premium models.
32ohm are easiest to drive and are aimed for portable devices. The more ohms, the harder to drive. Apparently there's a difference in sound quality when comparing the 32 and 250ohm vs 600ohms. I've been told the 32 and 250 is similar with the 250 being just a tad bit harder to drive, and the 600ohm has an even more refined sound compared to the other ohm versions. I myself don't like to deal with too much equipment, so I'd always get something with less than 100ohm, just because I don't wanna spend more money on equipment to bring out the potential of the harder to drive headphones. If you got money to spend, the 600ohm is for you. They have the best potential.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 6/15/10 at 10:55pm
- Advice on headphones for BASS
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 8 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 34 seconds ago
- › Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (24-bit/192KHz) 38 seconds ago
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 39 seconds ago
- › iPod classic 5.5gen 30GB U2 special edition [EU] 1 minute ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 1 minute ago
- › Buzzingand pops in headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Best Studio Headphones 3 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR-1A - Sony's latest update on the 1R 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by moedawg140
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)