- 948 Posts. Joined 3/2007
- Location: Wyoming
- Select All Posts By This User
- productAudio-Technica ATH-AD900tagged by System, 10/21/10
- productAudio-Technica ATH-M50Stagged by System, 10/21/10
- productDenon AHD1001K On-Ear Headphones (Black)tagged by System, 10/21/10
- productDenon AHD1001S On-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by System, 10/21/10
- productDenon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphonestagged by System, 10/21/10
- categoryHeadphonestagged by System, 10/21/10
- productJVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphonetagged by System, 10/21/10
- categoryOver Eartagged by System, 10/21/10
Related Forum Threads
- Considering upgrade to D2000. Advice/better options? Last post on 6/13/12 at 8:58pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Getting "called-out" for not wearing the Beats Last post on 3/24/12 at 8:28pm in Headphones (full-size)
- looking for new set of headphones Last post on 12/1/10 at 6:11pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Seeking Advice on First "Good" Cans Purchase Last post on 10/13/10 at 7:24pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Review: Sennheiser HD 448 vs. Denon AH-D1001 vs. Audio-Technica ATH-M50 Last post on 5/30/11 at 7:57pm in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
My first quality IEM purchase was the Hifiman RE-400 when they first came out. I was used to low end Skullcandy sets at the time, and I really wanted to see what "reference sound" sounded like for...
This is going to be a short review, just letting you know in advance. I listen to mostly contemporary pop, classic rock, as well as a little classical. In my search for a good headphone to use for...
Disclaimer: This unit was part of a tour held by Justin at Headamp.com. As the second in the tour to hear these headphones, it likely was not properly burnt in. I thank Justin for giving me the...
Advice on headphones for BASS - Page 2post #16 of 243/23/10 at 9:30pmi cant comment on ultrasones but the m50 vs the dt770 i used to own shakes out like this... dt770 is a bit more articulated and separated with more impact. the m50 is a warm bass immersion that sort of bleeds into the rest of freq range. m50 has a more fun full bass compared to the dt770 in my opinion, i loved the dt770 but when it comes to a fun listen i would reach for the m50 vs the analytical slam of the dt770. This is my opinion and not fact, everyone has different ears so please no flaming me for this type of comparison. good luck!
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 243/23/10 at 11:24pmHow comfortable are the M50s? I HAD the Sony XB700 as my bass heavy headphone, but there was something I didn't like about where they put the stitching on the pads that just hurt my head, so I returned them. They sounded amazing though.post #18 of 243/23/10 at 11:52pm^ i think i have a pretty normal sized head but if you had a big head i can imagine these having a good grip on your head. But... these are a monitoring can/dj type build so they need to stay on your head when moving around thus a tighter clamp. id say they're an 7.5 out of 10 and for me 10 being the AT series by audio tech with the wing system. if your wearing them for under 2 ish hours at a time they should be just gravy! there are no stitches to speak of in any contact with my head "madlustenvy".post #19 of 243/24/10 at 12:02amI own the AD-700 which uses the wing system and I HATE their fit (too lose, slide off, etc). I will never buy any winged headphone ever again. This is why I want a traditional band like what the M50's have.post #20 of 243/24/10 at 12:23ampost #21 of 243/24/10 at 12:54ampost #22 of 243/24/10 at 10:29amThread Starterpost #23 of 246/15/10 at 10:38pmpost #24 of 246/15/10 at 10:53pmQuote:
There's Pro and Premium. Pro uses cheaper materials and look costetically different. The sound is different between the Pro and Premium, I don't know why. I guess it's the way the sound bounces off the different material, perhaps them being balanced differently, maybe someone else can chime in.
The Pro has an 80ohm version which the Premium doesn't have. It's VERY emphasized on bass, More so than other Pro models and all Premium models.
32ohm are easiest to drive and are aimed for portable devices. The more ohms, the harder to drive. Apparently there's a difference in sound quality when comparing the 32 and 250ohm vs 600ohms. I've been told the 32 and 250 is similar with the 250 being just a tad bit harder to drive, and the 600ohm has an even more refined sound compared to the other ohm versions. I myself don't like to deal with too much equipment, so I'd always get something with less than 100ohm, just because I don't wanna spend more money on equipment to bring out the potential of the harder to drive headphones. If you got money to spend, the 600ohm is for you. They have the best potential.
Edited by Mad Lust Envy - 6/15/10 at 10:55pm
- Advice on headphones for BASS
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 46 seconds ago
- › 150€/$ budget - IEM straight down wearable + low cable noise - Need... 48 seconds ago
- › I pulled the trigger on the AKG K712 2 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Abbingdon Music Research DP-777 Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Schiit Valhalla Tube Rolling thread. 4 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 5 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 5 minutes ago
- › The ATH-CKM500..The best CKM earphone yet. 6 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Sennheiser Momentum by MacroPower
- › Grado Labs SR225e by yage
- › Tekfusion Twinwoofers by BillsonChang007
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)