- 49 Posts. Joined 6/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 8/2/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/2/10
- brandLittle Dottagged by System, 8/2/10
- productLittle Dot MK VIII SEtagged by System, 8/2/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/2/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/10
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 8/2/10
Related Forum Threads
- Woo WA3 versus Schiit Valhalla Last post on 1/19/12 at 7:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- $500-$600 U.S.A. Tube Amp for HD650's? Last post on 9/25/11 at 2:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tube amp replacement? Last post on 12/7/10 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 AMP Last post on 5/11/11 at 2:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Valhalla has been shipped......reviews, impressions and musings. Last post on 4/29/14 at 2:05pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 7/11/14
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Bought the active noise cancelling version of these as a daily deal on Amazon for <$20. Active noise cancelling completely broken on both my original unit and the replacement - so on one hand...
Thanks to Oppo Digital Japan for allowing us to borrow the PM-1 and HA-1. Oppo coming out with a pair of headphones was quite a surprised, especially a pair of planars. Likewise the HA-1,...
Brainwavs are at it again with their new 10mm dynamic driver based IEM named "S5". I must say I was intrigued to try the new sample and where they'd come from Brainwavs B2 I owned many months...
A decade ago; I had bought into the crappy Logitech Bluetooth devices which I swore NEVER to buy again deeming it a bad technology. Ten years later; I now needed an in wireless in-ear device for...
I was looking for a cheap and cheerful, fun sounding closed can for listening at my computer at work and some limited portable use. I typically listen to EDM in this setting and had been using the...
Senn 650 - which balanced tube amp - Page 2post #16 of 243/24/10 at 7:06pmThread StarterI am afraid I am an impatient sort and I will need to make a decision by mid April when funds become available.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 243/24/10 at 7:46pmLast I heard the WA6 had a 4 week wait. My CSP-2 is going to take about 4 weeks (1 week left yay), and Maple Audio looks like it has a nice queue going.
I know Eddie Currents only builds certain amps certain times of the year. Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
The point being is your probably going to have to wait. It's maddening this hobby.post #18 of 243/24/10 at 7:53pmNobody is sticking up for the LD MK VIII, primarily because nobody has one yet compared to the Woo WA6, which is quite loved but much more expensive. I would go for the MK VIII myself, as it seems like a very refined design with tons of power, and a much better value. I'm sure they both sound greatpost #19 of 243/24/10 at 8:31pmThread StarterNice to hear good words for the MKVIII
TBH I have no technical knowledge so the design is a mystery to me.
I like the idea of going balanced as most say it brings the 650 to life but I also love the quality of the more boutique amps such as the Woo, Maple, DNA etc.
Right now I am thinking it would probably be between the MKVIII and the WA2 but it is pot luck isn't it.
I could easily swing for a Sonnet from DNA or a Maple tree if I had the chance to listen.
I know what I want but dont know who can give it to me, frustrating really.
I suppose what I want more than anything is a connection to the emotion of the music.
I love the description many give to the Sonnet for this reason.
Jack tells me that the WA2 is warm and tubey, I like that along with sweetness.
David tells me that the little Dot MKIII I have and enjoy is displaying their "HOUSE" sound so I would love the MKVIII.
It is going to conme down to which is easiest to source I think.
One thing against the WOO is that I would want to take some of the upgrades which will shoot the price up.
I can land the LD for less than a grand AUS.post #20 of 246/9/10 at 4:24ampost #21 of 246/9/10 at 12:38pmpost #22 of 246/10/10 at 7:45ampost #23 of 246/11/10 at 6:54am
DId you get the LD MKVIII ?
Ive had the HD650 on a balanced Zu Mobius cable with the LD MKVI.
The LD MKVI really takes the HD650 to a great open sound with the Mobius cable and tears the infamous veil clean off to my ears anyway.
The LD MKVI takes tubes that are relatively affordable and available in many good NOS types with the ability to tune the sound signature from relatively neutral to very warm but not overly lush. If you
Edited by Nada - 6/18/10 at 4:14pm
- Senn 650 - which balanced tube amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
- › [Review] Superlux HD681 EVO 44 seconds ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 1 minute ago
- › Roll call: Indians staying in India, interested in high end... 2 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Eating burger with fork and knife? 3 minutes ago
- › Have to re-flow solder every 24 hours to make my driver work again... 3 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 4 minutes ago
- › What "house sound" annoys you the most? 4 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 6 minutes ago
- › Phiaton PS 20 Half In-Ear Premium Earphone (Glossy Black) by DrikTheTroll
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Currawong
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by H20Fidelity
- › JayBird BlueBuds X Sport Bluetooth Headphones - Midnight Black by wpfloridian
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by VanCitySound
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)