- 49 Posts. Joined 6/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 8/2/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/2/10
- brandLittle Dottagged by System, 8/2/10
- productLittle Dot MK VIII SEtagged by System, 8/2/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/2/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/10
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 8/2/10
Related Forum Threads
- Woo WA3 versus Schiit Valhalla Last post on 1/19/12 at 7:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- $500-$600 U.S.A. Tube Amp for HD650's? Last post on 9/25/11 at 2:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tube amp replacement? Last post on 12/7/10 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 AMP Last post on 5/11/11 at 2:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Valhalla has been shipped......reviews, impressions and musings. Last post on 11/23/14 at 6:07pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 12/5/14
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I am penning down my opinion about the Hidizs AP100 Digital Audio Player. I will try to keep this review simple as possible and I hope it would be easy to read, and will help fellow enthusiasts to...
thanks to it's overall sound quality, details are not even a problem with kdx200. you'll get back every detail you lost on cheaper models like Xiaomi Piston, Brainwavz M4-M5. and there's also some...
after M4 & Xiaomi Piston 2, i finally got a M5 to audition. i listened it for 2 days and here's my thoughts: soundstage is the same again. small in every aspect. bass, treble, vocals, mids...
These are great headphones I was turned onto from the forum. On this forum you have to assess who is enthusiastic about what. Generally, there is a difference between enthusiasm from novices...
Senn 650 - which balanced tube amp - Page 2post #16 of 243/24/10 at 7:06pmThread StarterI am afraid I am an impatient sort and I will need to make a decision by mid April when funds become available.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 243/24/10 at 7:46pmLast I heard the WA6 had a 4 week wait. My CSP-2 is going to take about 4 weeks (1 week left yay), and Maple Audio looks like it has a nice queue going.
I know Eddie Currents only builds certain amps certain times of the year. Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
The point being is your probably going to have to wait. It's maddening this hobby.post #18 of 243/24/10 at 7:53pmNobody is sticking up for the LD MK VIII, primarily because nobody has one yet compared to the Woo WA6, which is quite loved but much more expensive. I would go for the MK VIII myself, as it seems like a very refined design with tons of power, and a much better value. I'm sure they both sound greatpost #19 of 243/24/10 at 8:31pmThread StarterNice to hear good words for the MKVIII
TBH I have no technical knowledge so the design is a mystery to me.
I like the idea of going balanced as most say it brings the 650 to life but I also love the quality of the more boutique amps such as the Woo, Maple, DNA etc.
Right now I am thinking it would probably be between the MKVIII and the WA2 but it is pot luck isn't it.
I could easily swing for a Sonnet from DNA or a Maple tree if I had the chance to listen.
I know what I want but dont know who can give it to me, frustrating really.
I suppose what I want more than anything is a connection to the emotion of the music.
I love the description many give to the Sonnet for this reason.
Jack tells me that the WA2 is warm and tubey, I like that along with sweetness.
David tells me that the little Dot MKIII I have and enjoy is displaying their "HOUSE" sound so I would love the MKVIII.
It is going to conme down to which is easiest to source I think.
One thing against the WOO is that I would want to take some of the upgrades which will shoot the price up.
I can land the LD for less than a grand AUS.post #20 of 246/9/10 at 4:24ampost #21 of 246/9/10 at 12:38pmpost #22 of 246/10/10 at 7:45ampost #23 of 246/11/10 at 6:54am
DId you get the LD MKVIII ?
Ive had the HD650 on a balanced Zu Mobius cable with the LD MKVI.
The LD MKVI really takes the HD650 to a great open sound with the Mobius cable and tears the infamous veil clean off to my ears anyway.
The LD MKVI takes tubes that are relatively affordable and available in many good NOS types with the ability to tune the sound signature from relatively neutral to very warm but not overly lush. If you
Edited by Nada - 6/18/10 at 4:14pm
- Senn 650 - which balanced tube amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 8 seconds ago
- › Oppo HA-1 Impressions Thread 8 seconds ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 58 seconds ago
- › Where do you download DAC driver and get a user manual for X5 2 minutes ago
- › Whisky (or Whiskey) Fi 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of your computer rigs! Post them here! 2 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › Android Music Combination: Samsung Galaxy S5 + 128GB MicroSD +... 3 minutes ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP100 Portable HiFi Audio Player in Black / Silver White by YoYo JoKeR
- › EarSonics SM3 Universal Fit IEM by heovuitinh
- › Koss KDX200 by vaziyetu
- › Brainwavz M5 by vaziyetu
- › beyerynamic DT 150 Compact Closed Headphone (250 Ohms) by jdpark
- › Sony MDR-1R by gerelmx1986
- › Panasonic RP-HJE120-K In-Ear Earbud Ergo-Fit Headphone (Black) by JAMEZTHEBOI
- › thinksound on1 Supra-Aural On-Ear Monitor Wooden Headphone by Pacal
- › Astell&Kern AK100II High Resolution Single DAC Audio Player... by musikaladin
- › Sennheiser HD 280 Headphones by Galvatron
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)