- 49 Posts. Joined 6/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 8/2/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/2/10
- brandLittle Dottagged by System, 8/2/10
- productLittle Dot MK VIII SEtagged by System, 8/2/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/2/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/10
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 8/2/10
Related Forum Threads
- Woo WA3 versus Schiit Valhalla Last post on 1/19/12 at 7:40pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- $500-$600 U.S.A. Tube Amp for HD650's? Last post on 9/25/11 at 2:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tube amp replacement? Last post on 12/7/10 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 AMP Last post on 5/11/11 at 2:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Valhalla has been shipped......reviews, impressions and musings. Last post on 4/29/14 at 2:05pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 8/29/14
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Disclaimer: I would like to sincerely thank Salsera and Brainwavz for providing the sample S5 for this review. For most of my audio listening “career”, I haven’t been a big fan of...
I remember browsing the ebay like many of you guys do to see what is out there in portable amplifier land and this one caught my attention because for one it looked very nice and second it...
Intro The HE-400i is the latest headphone from Hifiman. It was released recently as a replacement for the popular HE-400. This write-up will give my initial impressions of the HE-400i as well as...
There's not much that haven't been said about this amazing universal IEM so I'll try not to repeat. I bought the TG334 at Fujiya Avic...thanks to AnakChan for his strong recommendation and for...
This is a review of Logitech/Ultimate Ears UE900s multi-driver in-ear monitors. http://www.ultimateears.com/en-us/900s The original UE900 was my first pair of hi-fi IEMs, the one which opened...
Senn 650 - which balanced tube amp - Page 2post #16 of 243/24/10 at 7:06pmThread StarterI am afraid I am an impatient sort and I will need to make a decision by mid April when funds become available.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 243/24/10 at 7:46pmLast I heard the WA6 had a 4 week wait. My CSP-2 is going to take about 4 weeks (1 week left yay), and Maple Audio looks like it has a nice queue going.
I know Eddie Currents only builds certain amps certain times of the year. Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
The point being is your probably going to have to wait. It's maddening this hobby.post #18 of 243/24/10 at 7:53pmNobody is sticking up for the LD MK VIII, primarily because nobody has one yet compared to the Woo WA6, which is quite loved but much more expensive. I would go for the MK VIII myself, as it seems like a very refined design with tons of power, and a much better value. I'm sure they both sound greatpost #19 of 243/24/10 at 8:31pmThread StarterNice to hear good words for the MKVIII
TBH I have no technical knowledge so the design is a mystery to me.
I like the idea of going balanced as most say it brings the 650 to life but I also love the quality of the more boutique amps such as the Woo, Maple, DNA etc.
Right now I am thinking it would probably be between the MKVIII and the WA2 but it is pot luck isn't it.
I could easily swing for a Sonnet from DNA or a Maple tree if I had the chance to listen.
I know what I want but dont know who can give it to me, frustrating really.
I suppose what I want more than anything is a connection to the emotion of the music.
I love the description many give to the Sonnet for this reason.
Jack tells me that the WA2 is warm and tubey, I like that along with sweetness.
David tells me that the little Dot MKIII I have and enjoy is displaying their "HOUSE" sound so I would love the MKVIII.
It is going to conme down to which is easiest to source I think.
One thing against the WOO is that I would want to take some of the upgrades which will shoot the price up.
I can land the LD for less than a grand AUS.post #20 of 246/9/10 at 4:24ampost #21 of 246/9/10 at 12:38pmpost #22 of 246/10/10 at 7:45ampost #23 of 246/11/10 at 6:54am
DId you get the LD MKVIII ?
Ive had the HD650 on a balanced Zu Mobius cable with the LD MKVI.
The LD MKVI really takes the HD650 to a great open sound with the Mobius cable and tears the infamous veil clean off to my ears anyway.
The LD MKVI takes tubes that are relatively affordable and available in many good NOS types with the ability to tune the sound signature from relatively neutral to very warm but not overly lush. If you
Edited by Nada - 6/18/10 at 4:14pm
- Senn 650 - which balanced tube amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
- › The Fiio X3 Thread. 55 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** RHA (Reid Heath Acoustics) T10i IEM to debut at IFA 2014 5 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 6 minutes ago
- › m4u 1 vs. a900x vs. t50rp 6 minutes ago
- › WTB: Beyerdynamic DT 770 9 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 11 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Jan 17th 2014 12 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 13 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by HK_sends
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by Dsnuts
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by canuckavelli
- › FitEar TO GO! 334 by Francisk
- › Logitech UE 900 by twister6
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by cleg
- › JDS Labs C5D by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)