- 49 Posts. Joined 6/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 8/2/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/2/10
- brandLittle Dottagged by System, 8/2/10
- productLittle Dot MK VIII SEtagged by System, 8/2/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/2/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/10
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 8/2/10
Related Forum Threads
- Woo WA3 versus Schiit Valhalla Last post on 10/29/15 at 12:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- $500-$600 U.S.A. Tube Amp for HD650's? Last post on 9/25/11 at 2:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tube amp replacement? Last post on 12/7/10 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 AMP Last post on 5/11/11 at 2:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Valhalla has been shipped......reviews, impressions and musings. Last post on 5/21/15 at 9:24pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
Last edited: 1/3/17
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
I have had 2 pairs and both have stopped working, these aren't professional headphones and I'd stay away from them if you want to keep them longer than a year of professional use. Spend your...
just want to order one and will try the reviews once get it FBA seems be fast waiting
I have 50 hours active listening and another 150 passive/occasional on these. Equipment: Ragnarok, Gungnir, Sony CD 5 CD tray, Senn HD-600 set up for balanced Listen to Yes ('15 Remix,...
At the time this review was written the FLC 8S was listed for sale on Amazon and Musicteck’s website. Here are links for more information and purchase....
The review you are about to read is very personal and contains details some might find boring or unimportant. You have been warned. My personal search for a great headphone began with a love...
Senn 650 - which balanced tube amp - Page 2post #16 of 243/24/10 at 7:06pmThread StarterI am afraid I am an impatient sort and I will need to make a decision by mid April when funds become available.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 243/24/10 at 7:46pmLast I heard the WA6 had a 4 week wait. My CSP-2 is going to take about 4 weeks (1 week left yay), and Maple Audio looks like it has a nice queue going.
I know Eddie Currents only builds certain amps certain times of the year. Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
The point being is your probably going to have to wait. It's maddening this hobby.post #18 of 243/24/10 at 7:53pmNobody is sticking up for the LD MK VIII, primarily because nobody has one yet compared to the Woo WA6, which is quite loved but much more expensive. I would go for the MK VIII myself, as it seems like a very refined design with tons of power, and a much better value. I'm sure they both sound greatpost #19 of 243/24/10 at 8:31pmThread StarterNice to hear good words for the MKVIII
TBH I have no technical knowledge so the design is a mystery to me.
I like the idea of going balanced as most say it brings the 650 to life but I also love the quality of the more boutique amps such as the Woo, Maple, DNA etc.
Right now I am thinking it would probably be between the MKVIII and the WA2 but it is pot luck isn't it.
I could easily swing for a Sonnet from DNA or a Maple tree if I had the chance to listen.
I know what I want but dont know who can give it to me, frustrating really.
I suppose what I want more than anything is a connection to the emotion of the music.
I love the description many give to the Sonnet for this reason.
Jack tells me that the WA2 is warm and tubey, I like that along with sweetness.
David tells me that the little Dot MKIII I have and enjoy is displaying their "HOUSE" sound so I would love the MKVIII.
It is going to conme down to which is easiest to source I think.
One thing against the WOO is that I would want to take some of the upgrades which will shoot the price up.
I can land the LD for less than a grand AUS.post #20 of 246/9/10 at 4:24ampost #21 of 246/9/10 at 12:38pmpost #22 of 246/10/10 at 7:45ampost #23 of 246/11/10 at 6:54am
DId you get the LD MKVIII ?
Ive had the HD650 on a balanced Zu Mobius cable with the LD MKVI.
The LD MKVI really takes the HD650 to a great open sound with the Mobius cable and tears the infamous veil clean off to my ears anyway.
The LD MKVI takes tubes that are relatively affordable and available in many good NOS types with the ability to tune the sound signature from relatively neutral to very warm but not overly lush. If you
Edited by Nada - 6/18/10 at 4:14pm
- Senn 650 - which balanced tube amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
- › Onkyo DP-CMX1 GRANBEAT | Dual Dac | Balanced | Phone DAP 30 seconds ago
- › IC: Burson Soloist SL & Burson DA-160 DAC combo 37 seconds ago
- › Singxer SU-1 Owners 42 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 52 seconds ago
- › Meze 99 Classics Discussion + Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade 2 Wireless - We Discuss It With Val Kolton -... 2 minutes ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 3 minutes ago
- › A little about the Campfire Audio Jupiter 3 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 3 minutes ago
- › Shure SRH840 by Russell Folland
- › Seahf Metal Housing In-Ear Earbuds Headphones Noise Cancelling... by Byran
- › Fostex TH500RP by bagwell359
- › FLC Technology FLC 8S by Hisoundfi
- › Meze 99 Classics by dany111777
- › SONY Walkman A series NW-A35 (R) (16GB) (Sina bar Red) by meringo
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by Ike1985
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Hypespazm
- › Fischer Audio Totem Paco by B9Scrambler
- › Sennheiser HD 598 Cs by peaches
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear