- 49 Posts. Joined 6/2009
- Select All Posts By This User
- categoryDesktop Ampstagged by System, 8/2/10
- categoryHeadphone Amplifierstagged by System, 8/2/10
- brandLittle Dottagged by System, 8/2/10
- productLittle Dot MK VIII SEtagged by System, 8/2/10
- brandSennheisertagged by System, 8/2/10
- productSennheiser HD 650 Headphonestagged by System, 8/2/10
- productWoo Audio WA6tagged by System, 8/2/10
Related Forum Threads
- Woo WA3 versus Schiit Valhalla Last post on 10/29/15 at 12:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- $500-$600 U.S.A. Tube Amp for HD650's? Last post on 9/25/11 at 2:15pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Tube amp replacement? Last post on 12/7/10 at 11:59pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sennheiser HD650 AMP Last post on 5/11/11 at 2:54am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Schiit Valhalla has been shipped......reviews, impressions and musings. Last post on 5/21/15 at 9:24pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 1/18/16
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product TroubleshootLast edited: 6/17/14
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I dont want to waste my time writing an essay for something that lasted only 1 or 2 months. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IBnJ9zrnhGU My Rant and broken Shures in link above The bass...
(PS: Some content may be a no-brainer for most; it's just there for the less informed). Please also ignore any errors, judgements. I'm a medio-phile and not an audiophile so, judge...
Looking for earbuds can be kind of a nightmare. So many players in the game, so much variety in terms of sound, design, features, and price. I don't want to spend a lot of money since they're used...
I've been into vinyl previously but in the mid-90's, sold my high end VPI table and never looked back. I ended up recently with a bunch of new records and nothing to play them on, and decided to...
About Me: I prefer IEMs over full size because of portability and comfort, though I have owned and own a a couple full size cans. I am a 29 year old music lover, i listen to all genres from R&B to...
Senn 650 - which balanced tube amp - Page 2post #16 of 243/24/10 at 7:06pmThread StarterI am afraid I am an impatient sort and I will need to make a decision by mid April when funds become available.
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #17 of 243/24/10 at 7:46pmLast I heard the WA6 had a 4 week wait. My CSP-2 is going to take about 4 weeks (1 week left yay), and Maple Audio looks like it has a nice queue going.
I know Eddie Currents only builds certain amps certain times of the year. Those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
The point being is your probably going to have to wait. It's maddening this hobby.post #18 of 243/24/10 at 7:53pmNobody is sticking up for the LD MK VIII, primarily because nobody has one yet compared to the Woo WA6, which is quite loved but much more expensive. I would go for the MK VIII myself, as it seems like a very refined design with tons of power, and a much better value. I'm sure they both sound greatpost #19 of 243/24/10 at 8:31pmThread StarterNice to hear good words for the MKVIII
TBH I have no technical knowledge so the design is a mystery to me.
I like the idea of going balanced as most say it brings the 650 to life but I also love the quality of the more boutique amps such as the Woo, Maple, DNA etc.
Right now I am thinking it would probably be between the MKVIII and the WA2 but it is pot luck isn't it.
I could easily swing for a Sonnet from DNA or a Maple tree if I had the chance to listen.
I know what I want but dont know who can give it to me, frustrating really.
I suppose what I want more than anything is a connection to the emotion of the music.
I love the description many give to the Sonnet for this reason.
Jack tells me that the WA2 is warm and tubey, I like that along with sweetness.
David tells me that the little Dot MKIII I have and enjoy is displaying their "HOUSE" sound so I would love the MKVIII.
It is going to conme down to which is easiest to source I think.
One thing against the WOO is that I would want to take some of the upgrades which will shoot the price up.
I can land the LD for less than a grand AUS.post #20 of 246/9/10 at 4:24ampost #21 of 246/9/10 at 12:38pmpost #22 of 246/10/10 at 7:45ampost #23 of 246/11/10 at 6:54am
DId you get the LD MKVIII ?
Ive had the HD650 on a balanced Zu Mobius cable with the LD MKVI.
The LD MKVI really takes the HD650 to a great open sound with the Mobius cable and tears the infamous veil clean off to my ears anyway.
The LD MKVI takes tubes that are relatively affordable and available in many good NOS types with the ability to tune the sound signature from relatively neutral to very warm but not overly lush. If you
Edited by Nada - 6/18/10 at 4:14pm
- Senn 650 - which balanced tube amp
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Woo Audio: FAQ and Product Troubleshoot
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 16 seconds ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 37 seconds ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 46 seconds ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Astell & Kern Junior (AK Jr.) Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...New thread. 6 minutes ago
- › New iRiver AK70 6 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 7 minutes ago
- › Shanling M5 Impressions & Discussion Thread 9 minutes ago
- › Shure SE215 by Nick Walters
- › E-mu Teak Headphones by AT Khan
- › Marshall Mode In-Ear Headphones, Black/White (4090939) by PopZeus
- › Pro-Ject Debut Carbon by davehg
- › Brainwavz Jive by Lurk650
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by k4rstar
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Peddler
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by earfonia
- › Monoprice Premium 8323 Hi-Fi DJ Style Over-the-Ear Pro Headphone by 93EXCivic
- › LEAR LHF-AE1d hybrid fit earphones by mark2410
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...