- 367 Posts. Joined 5/2008
- Location: usa
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-ZX700, anyone has it? Last post on 1/6/12 at 1:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR MA 900 (new release from Sony) Last post on 9/3/13 at 12:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT???? Last post on 7/31/13 at 3:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD950 Last post on 2/10/12 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony ZX700 vs Sony 7510 Last post on 1/10/12 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
DAC OCU(B) 1866 — very interesting portable DAC/amp combo from Russian manufacturer Myst. Things I like: — Nice look. As OCUB is made in small quantities, it uses stock case, but case is fully...
Note: I'm not sure why, but for whatever reason the little bars at the side aren't matching what I put them to. Audio Quality, Design, and Value I all consider to be top notch, with comfort having...
This is a review of Bowers & Wilkins B&W C5 Series 2 (new 2014 version) in-ear premium headphones with in-line remote....
Sony MDR-7509-HD vs. 7509post #1 of 103/23/10 at 5:19amThread StarterI've heard that the older 7509 series was bassier and that the newer HD series has less bass but better midrange. Is this true? What other differences are there?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 103/28/10 at 2:57pmThread Starterpost #3 of 103/28/10 at 5:25pmpost #4 of 103/29/10 at 12:46ampost #5 of 103/29/10 at 6:05amHD is also a nice marketing abbreviation. High Definition is a nice term to distinguish certain headphones from each other although even my cheap HD428 is quite highly defined regarding sound.post #6 of 104/29/10 at 8:08pmpost #7 of 104/29/10 at 8:19pmpost #8 of 105/29/10 at 5:24am
I have both (running off a Mackie Onyx Satellite pro soundcard with 2 headphone outputs), and trust the 7509 a lot more for overall sound . . .the bass and lower mids are a little more (and a LOT warmer) . . .the 7509HD seem to magnify a proportion of of upper mid that does add detail, at the expense of soundstaging and warmth. To my ears the 7509 HD is echoey and ocver upper mid range boosted.
*** please note that the 7509 I have had for 4 years, and the 7509HD I have burnt in only for 50 hours or so . . . I am still listening for any changes, but at this point I definitely prefer (and trust in mix down duties) the older 7509 model.
Hope this helps.
Simonpost #9 of 105/29/10 at 6:26ampost #10 of 107/9/10 at 4:09am
I have the MDR-7509HD and have had the 7509 previously, I much prefer the new HD. Less Bass but better definition compared with different source equipment, it does have an edge over the older version, higher resolution. It comes down to personal preference which one you like better, I am not in favor of too big a bag end which can seem bloated.
- Sony MDR-7509-HD vs. 7509
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › FiiO X1, the new start of the high-res DAP with individual DAC and... 1 minute ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 1 minute ago
- › Help with PC mic buzzing on Asus Xonar Essence STX 1 minute ago
- › Audio-gd NFB-28 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Good simple smart phone earphones? 3 minutes ago
- › The Official Eddie Current 445 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-3 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › A New Apex product!!! Name it HERE!!! 8 minutes ago
- › Headphone Jack Broke, Now What? 8 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by twister6
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Kamakahah
- › Comply Custom Wraps by ClieOS
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)