- 426 Posts. Joined 5/2008
- Location: usa
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-ZX700, anyone has it? Last post on 1/6/12 at 1:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR MA 900 (new release from Sony) Last post on 8/30/15 at 5:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT???? Last post on 7/31/13 at 3:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD950 Last post on 2/10/12 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony ZX700 vs Sony 7510 Last post on 1/10/12 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
For larger (1200 x 800) images, click any pictureINTRODUCTION A lot of you will see the style and information with this review as being pretty similar to the one I did on the AM2. And the reality...
Brainwavz IntroABOUT USBrainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range of...
Sound Blaster X G5 The Gaming device with everything* we asked for A Little Context The G5 is part of Creative's "Blaster X" gamer focused line, cued after the name of the X7. I loved the...
Intro TL;DR: The Brainwavz XF200 is, in and of itself, an excellent sports IEM that will go the extra mile with you and then some. Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora...
I must first and foremost give a large and heartfelt thank you to secondipity for reaching out to me and asking if I would be interested in reviewing some products offered by them. This is...
Sony MDR-7509-HD vs. 7509post #1 of 103/23/10 at 5:19amThread StarterI've heard that the older 7509 series was bassier and that the newer HD series has less bass but better midrange. Is this true? What other differences are there?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 103/28/10 at 2:57pmThread Starterpost #3 of 103/28/10 at 5:25pmpost #4 of 103/29/10 at 12:46ampost #5 of 103/29/10 at 6:05amHD is also a nice marketing abbreviation. High Definition is a nice term to distinguish certain headphones from each other although even my cheap HD428 is quite highly defined regarding sound.post #6 of 104/29/10 at 8:08pmpost #7 of 104/29/10 at 8:19pmpost #8 of 105/29/10 at 5:24am
I have both (running off a Mackie Onyx Satellite pro soundcard with 2 headphone outputs), and trust the 7509 a lot more for overall sound . . .the bass and lower mids are a little more (and a LOT warmer) . . .the 7509HD seem to magnify a proportion of of upper mid that does add detail, at the expense of soundstaging and warmth. To my ears the 7509 HD is echoey and ocver upper mid range boosted.
*** please note that the 7509 I have had for 4 years, and the 7509HD I have burnt in only for 50 hours or so . . . I am still listening for any changes, but at this point I definitely prefer (and trust in mix down duties) the older 7509 model.
Hope this helps.
Simonpost #9 of 105/29/10 at 6:26ampost #10 of 107/9/10 at 4:09am
I have the MDR-7509HD and have had the 7509 previously, I much prefer the new HD. Less Bass but better definition compared with different source equipment, it does have an edge over the older version, higher resolution. It comes down to personal preference which one you like better, I am not in favor of too big a bag end which can seem bloated.
- Sony MDR-7509-HD vs. 7509
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › TASCAM UH-7000 7 seconds ago
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk & Monk Plus: a $5 earbud that taking... 40 seconds ago
- › Chord Mojo 1 minute ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › Recommendation for a wireless/bluetooth headphone for $50-$70 1 minute ago
- › World First! Massdrop x HiFIMAN Collaboration Announcement 2 minutes ago
- › Moving on from the AKG K551...? B&O H6? 3 minutes ago
- › The Sub-$100 Portable Amps Shootout – 11(+1) amps compared 3 minutes ago
- › Alpha & Delta D2 Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO AM5 - High Power Amplifier Module for X7 by Brooko
- › Brainwavz Truss - The All Metal Under Desk Dual Headphone Hanger... by Wokei
- › Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 by Evshrug
- › Brainwavz XFIT XF-200 In-Ear Sport Earbuds Noise Isolating... by thatBeatsguy
- › SONY MDRZX330BT/B Sony MDR ZX330BT - Headset - on-ear - wireless -... by Army-Firedawg
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by grizzlybeast
- › Schiit Gungnir by Aornic
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Aerosphere
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by FortisFlyer75
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse