- 431 Posts. Joined 5/2008
- Location: usa
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-ZX700, anyone has it? Last post on 1/6/12 at 1:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR MA 900 (new release from Sony) Last post on 8/30/15 at 5:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT???? Last post on 7/31/13 at 3:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD950 Last post on 2/10/12 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony ZX700 vs Sony 7510 Last post on 1/10/12 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
I was able to get these from a friend who used their employee discount, so ignore the price paid. I would consider myself a rookie when it comes to headphones, but not sound quality. My...
Best looking closed headphone on the market that acts just like a open headphone but brings the advantages of a closed headphone such as detail and imaging... It is combining both worlds and packs...
Hello people i guess its the time for me to review the WA5-LE and in this Part i will be covering the Takatsuki 300B Tubes. in Part 02 i will be covering the Elrog 300B (latest/newest...
Introduction: The Fischer Audio Omega FE-321 (Spark) is a lively little wonder of an IEM with a sparkly, bright sound and tiny footprint. The current price is US$59. Below is the...
About Me: I prefer IEMs over full size because of portability and comfort, though I have owned and own a a couple full size cans. I am a 29 year old music lover, i listen to all genres from R&B to...
Sony MDR-7509-HD vs. 7509post #1 of 103/23/10 at 5:19amThread StarterI've heard that the older 7509 series was bassier and that the newer HD series has less bass but better midrange. Is this true? What other differences are there?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 103/28/10 at 2:57pmThread Starterpost #3 of 103/28/10 at 5:25pmpost #4 of 103/29/10 at 12:46ampost #5 of 103/29/10 at 6:05amHD is also a nice marketing abbreviation. High Definition is a nice term to distinguish certain headphones from each other although even my cheap HD428 is quite highly defined regarding sound.post #6 of 104/29/10 at 8:08pmpost #7 of 104/29/10 at 8:19pmpost #8 of 105/29/10 at 5:24am
I have both (running off a Mackie Onyx Satellite pro soundcard with 2 headphone outputs), and trust the 7509 a lot more for overall sound . . .the bass and lower mids are a little more (and a LOT warmer) . . .the 7509HD seem to magnify a proportion of of upper mid that does add detail, at the expense of soundstaging and warmth. To my ears the 7509 HD is echoey and ocver upper mid range boosted.
*** please note that the 7509 I have had for 4 years, and the 7509HD I have burnt in only for 50 hours or so . . . I am still listening for any changes, but at this point I definitely prefer (and trust in mix down duties) the older 7509 model.
Hope this helps.
Simonpost #9 of 105/29/10 at 6:26ampost #10 of 107/9/10 at 4:09am
I have the MDR-7509HD and have had the 7509 previously, I much prefer the new HD. Less Bass but better definition compared with different source equipment, it does have an edge over the older version, higher resolution. It comes down to personal preference which one you like better, I am not in favor of too big a bag end which can seem bloated.
- Sony MDR-7509-HD vs. 7509
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › iFi: NOS6922 Valve/Tube upgrade set (new product announcement!) 2 minutes ago
- › A&K AK70 or FIIO X7 or..... 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › OPPO HA-2 Portable Headphone Amplifier/DAC Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 4 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 5 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW... 6 minutes ago
- › Audio-Opus OPUS #11 6 minutes ago
- › DT990 600ohm 7 minutes ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P7 by dlo13
- › Fostex TH 900 by roxrite
- › Woo Audio WA5 LE by Shini44
- › Fischer Audio Omega Spark by crabdog
- › MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III by Lurk650
- › Mixcder ANC-G5 Active Noise Cancelling Hi-Fi In-ear Headphones,... by slowpickr
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by jjacq
- › Soundaware Esther by WCDchee
- › Fischer Audio Omega Twin by crabdog
- › Little Dot MK II by Jay Sullivan
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...