- 426 Posts. Joined 5/2008
- Location: usa
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-ZX700, anyone has it? Last post on 1/6/12 at 1:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR MA 900 (new release from Sony) Last post on 8/30/15 at 5:26pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT???? Last post on 7/31/13 at 3:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD950 Last post on 2/10/12 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony ZX700 vs Sony 7510 Last post on 1/10/12 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
Wireless headphones…bluetooth even…last time I tried anything wireless was my cordless phone and before that was probably back in the “70’s” with an "all in one headphone with FM/AM radio", anyway...
So, I did a lot of reading when it came to this purchase, however, no amount of reviewing can objectively explain what you are actually going to hear when you plug them in - so I said 'screw it!'...
MEE Audio Pinnacle P1 – initial impressions Many thanks to @Tony-Hifi from HiFiHeadphones.co.uk for adding me to the UK tour for these earphones – the impressions below are based on the time I...
I am very glad that ONKYO released their new line of headphones into the North American market this June. I had been very curious about trying the ONKYO sound, but knowing new models were soon...
I love this little thing I really do. I bought it for myself as a present for a professional milestone. I can't tell you that it is worth almost 200 bucks, that's your call, but I don't regret the...
Sony MDR-7509-HD vs. 7509post #1 of 103/23/10 at 5:19amThread StarterI've heard that the older 7509 series was bassier and that the newer HD series has less bass but better midrange. Is this true? What other differences are there?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 103/28/10 at 2:57pmThread Starterpost #3 of 103/28/10 at 5:25pmpost #4 of 103/29/10 at 12:46ampost #5 of 103/29/10 at 6:05amHD is also a nice marketing abbreviation. High Definition is a nice term to distinguish certain headphones from each other although even my cheap HD428 is quite highly defined regarding sound.post #6 of 104/29/10 at 8:08pmpost #7 of 104/29/10 at 8:19pmpost #8 of 105/29/10 at 5:24am
I have both (running off a Mackie Onyx Satellite pro soundcard with 2 headphone outputs), and trust the 7509 a lot more for overall sound . . .the bass and lower mids are a little more (and a LOT warmer) . . .the 7509HD seem to magnify a proportion of of upper mid that does add detail, at the expense of soundstaging and warmth. To my ears the 7509 HD is echoey and ocver upper mid range boosted.
*** please note that the 7509 I have had for 4 years, and the 7509HD I have burnt in only for 50 hours or so . . . I am still listening for any changes, but at this point I definitely prefer (and trust in mix down duties) the older 7509 model.
Hope this helps.
Simonpost #9 of 105/29/10 at 6:26ampost #10 of 107/9/10 at 4:09am
I have the MDR-7509HD and have had the 7509 previously, I much prefer the new HD. Less Bass but better definition compared with different source equipment, it does have an edge over the older version, higher resolution. It comes down to personal preference which one you like better, I am not in favor of too big a bag end which can seem bloated.
- Sony MDR-7509-HD vs. 7509
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › AUDIO over IP - REDNET 3 & 16 Review. AES67 Sets A New Standard... 45 seconds ago
- › Audioengine 2+ LFE on desktop DAC 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo - The Official Thread .☆*¨*★. Please READ the 3rd... 7 minutes ago
- › Fit Ear and Fostex Collaboration hybrid iem TE 100 8 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 11 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android + Amp Module... 12 minutes ago
- › Perfect Seal Custom in-ear monitors 12 minutes ago
- › VSonic GR07 Bass Edition Impressions 15 minutes ago
- › Out Of Your Head - new virtual surround simulator 16 minutes ago
- › I will spend up to $400 on a new DAC, not the Mojo because I want a... 17 minutes ago
- › Bluedio U (UFO) PPS 8 Drivers Over-ear Bluetooth Wireless Headphone... by Rob80b
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by desperategraves
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by Jackpot77
- › ONKYO sealed wireless headphone Bluetooth-enabled / NFC support /... by Sonic Defender
- › AudioQuest DragonFly Red USB DAC, Preamp, Headphone Amp by selfdude
- › Sparkos Labs SS3601 Discrete Op-Amps by Yethal
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by selfdude
- › Cascadia Audio Talos by keanex
- › XDuoo X3 DSD 24Bit / 192KHz CS4398 Chip Lossless Music Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › Sony MDR-1A Premium Hi-Res Stereo Headphones by fjhuerta
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...