- 360 Posts. Joined 5/2008
- Location: usa
- Select All Posts By This User
Related Forum Threads
- Sony MDR-ZX700, anyone has it? Last post on 1/6/12 at 1:18am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR MA 900 (new release from Sony) Last post on 9/3/13 at 12:57am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-XB1000 is NO LONGER AVAILABLE. WHAT???? Last post on 7/31/13 at 3:32am in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony MDR-CD950 Last post on 2/10/12 at 5:49pm in Headphones (full-size)
- Sony ZX700 vs Sony 7510 Last post on 1/10/12 at 11:38am in Headphones (full-size)
Last edited: 8/18/12
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price RangeLast edited: 10/26/12
- A Hopefully Helpful Headphone Buying Guide For Newbies By BoomanaLast edited: 1/6/13
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
Sony MDR-7509-HD vs. 7509post #1 of 103/23/10 at 5:19amThread StarterI've heard that the older 7509 series was bassier and that the newer HD series has less bass but better midrange. Is this true? What other differences are there?
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #2 of 103/28/10 at 2:57pmThread Starterpost #3 of 103/28/10 at 5:25pmpost #4 of 103/29/10 at 12:46ampost #5 of 103/29/10 at 6:05amHD is also a nice marketing abbreviation. High Definition is a nice term to distinguish certain headphones from each other although even my cheap HD428 is quite highly defined regarding sound.post #6 of 104/29/10 at 8:08pmpost #7 of 104/29/10 at 8:19pmpost #8 of 105/29/10 at 5:24am
I have both (running off a Mackie Onyx Satellite pro soundcard with 2 headphone outputs), and trust the 7509 a lot more for overall sound . . .the bass and lower mids are a little more (and a LOT warmer) . . .the 7509HD seem to magnify a proportion of of upper mid that does add detail, at the expense of soundstaging and warmth. To my ears the 7509 HD is echoey and ocver upper mid range boosted.
*** please note that the 7509 I have had for 4 years, and the 7509HD I have burnt in only for 50 hours or so . . . I am still listening for any changes, but at this point I definitely prefer (and trust in mix down duties) the older 7509 model.
Hope this helps.
Simonpost #9 of 105/29/10 at 6:26ampost #10 of 107/9/10 at 4:09am
I have the MDR-7509HD and have had the 7509 previously, I much prefer the new HD. Less Bass but better definition compared with different source equipment, it does have an edge over the older version, higher resolution. It comes down to personal preference which one you like better, I am not in favor of too big a bag end which can seem bloated.
- Sony MDR-7509-HD vs. 7509
- Buying Guide Headphones By Price Range
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 3 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 4 minutes ago
- › The Takstar, Technical Pro, Gemini Greathon Thread 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Destop DAC/HeadAmp combo upgrade recommendations 7 minutes ago
- › Worst Concert Experience (Bizarre....Dissapointed, Etc.) 9 minutes ago
- › Positional audio for new guys. 10 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 10 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)