Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 2/26/15 at 2:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Today is my long overdue review of the Cayin i5. I had trouble getting this review complete due to a holiday emergency and a slow recovery however, better late than never. *disclaimer* I've...
Company 64 Audio (former 1964 Ears) is a well-known maker of top-level multidriver IEMs. They are offering a big range of models, but the most attractive feature of their earphones is APEX...
In my self-imposed haughtiness and superiority, I have always told Alfred and Martin that I will be the high-end reviewer for this blog, and that they should be responsible for more budget...
First of all, thank you so much to Ifi-Audio for sending me a black edition to review for free! Really awesome of them to involve the audio community to such a degree. I will keep this review...
I try not to be an extremist and I try to give most products I review a decent amount of hearing before making any judgments on their quality but when a product reaches with a level of quality I...
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 276post #4126 of 60055/22/14 at 2:16pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #4127 of 60055/22/14 at 3:41pmHad a couple of days with the TS6F8G and they are super tubes but I just put a set of TSBGRP back in and there is a difference. The TS6F8G is not as focused, it's nice but music seems fuller and composed with the TSBGRP. I find this scenario when using my MST Fi-quest in 4 Channel mode compared to 3 channel mode. It's spacious and sparkly in 4 C mode but not as realistic as 3 C mode.
The TS6F8G is still a great tube for certain genre, it really shines with stuff from the Ultimae or Celestial Dragon labels i.e. Ambient / Psy Trance.post #4128 of 60055/23/14 at 9:10am
If they really were NOS, give them some more time. The 6F8G and 6SN7 are electrically identical, in every way. They should sound exactly the same when compared apples to apples, setting aside the natural minor variations you see from tube to tube due to their being hand made. If the larger glass or mica structure offers any better resistance to vibrations then the 6F8G might have a small advantage in low level detail resolution, but it's not going to be a big difference that strikes you right off.post #4129 of 60055/31/14 at 12:40pmpost #4130 of 60055/31/14 at 12:46pmThread Starterpost #4131 of 60055/31/14 at 12:57pmpost #4132 of 60056/2/14 at 3:36pmpost #4133 of 60056/11/14 at 6:31am
Does anyone have an idea what this is?
PU B05 12SN7 1900-266 Adapterpost #4134 of 60056/11/14 at 6:54amThread Starterpost #4135 of 60056/12/14 at 7:16ampost #4136 of 60056/12/14 at 4:22pm
little confusedpost #4137 of 60056/12/14 at 4:32pmWowzer where oh where? I am duly impressed. Any more to be had? I have to ask! I just missed out on the legendary Swedish military tubes by a couple of days a few months back. My consolation prize didn't compare - a pair of the "original Bad Boys" tubes i.e. from the batch that started the nick name. I own several good pairs already so it was only for collecting reasons.post #4138 of 60056/12/14 at 4:36pmQuote:Originally Posted by spacequeen7
Let just say im downsizing to move to DHT tubes. And good implementation of dht amps don't cone cheap.post #4139 of 60056/12/14 at 11:34pmReturn Home
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-MSR7 11 seconds ago
- › FS: Schiit Mjolnir 2 47 seconds ago
- › The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 50 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser x Massdrop HD6XX Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 55 seconds ago
- › Bowers & Wilkins P5 Series 2 Headphone - Like New 58 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › Competition Closed...but what is in the Retro – Stereo 50? 1 minute ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 1 minute ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › Cayin i5 by Voxata
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Sangdo Headset Mic for Sony MH EX300AP L36H L36I C6603 LT26II LT28H... by Griffith
- › Denon AH-D600 by theminstrel
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by theminstrel
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by markbrauer
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by theminstrel
- › FiiO E17 by theminstrel
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear