RCA is the best... hands down.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 6/4/10 at 4:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 11/14/14 at 4:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I will keep this review short as there are lots of other well done in depth reviews out there. I have had this unit for a while now ( about 4-5 months) and I love it. I have had no issues with it...
My setup: iBasso DX50 --> Dunu DN-1000 Packaging Yes the accessories in the box are plenty. But the cloth material used for inner box and metal case is poor. The black dust from the cloth...
It is really surprising to find this high quality CD performance in analog and digital format. When I connected it to Burson Audio Conductor, all the ignored CD library came back to life. This...
Got this earphones for the sole purpose of working out/biking. Tested out multiple sports headsets (similarly priced), from sennheiser and bose. They tend to sound better, especially than the...
Overall a great little card. Dolby headphone is amazing I preferred this card to my Sound Blaster Z, I sold that card when I needed a bit of money and bought this one to replace it for cheap and I...
- Headphone Impedance
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 270
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Hmm... I actually had a pair of Psvane 181's saved in my watch list to buy in the near future for use in WA22. So you recommend this over the Psv...... Is the bass impact better than the Psv ?
Edited by punit - 4/16/14 at 2:15am
I recently bought a few tubes from a seller I trust, including this one. Although labelled as a CV198x, the seller states that it is an incorrectly labelled B65. It sure doesn't look likeca regular B65, but a Google image search revealed a GEC B65 with an identical base, plate structure and transparent glass.
Does anyone have ecperience with this varient who can confirm its identity?
Most of my B36 are like that, with the brown bakelite base clear glass. B36 is the 12 volt version of the B65. I haven't seen a CV1988 that is not from Brimar. Maybe I haven't seen much tubes though.
PSVANE is for little girly men
They are going into a custom GlennStudio OTL amp that uses 6sn7,12sn7, or 25 volt version of the 6sn7 thr 1366 tube.
CV1988 is just a UK government Common Valve system code for 6SN7GT.
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Review of Hidizs AP100 portable HiFi music player 15 seconds ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 17 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 33 seconds ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 1 minute ago
- › WTB:O2+Odac combo 1 minute ago
- › JDS Labs O2+ODAC Combo with power supply + usb cable 2 minutes ago
- › If active speakers are turned off, are they essentially passive? 3 minutes ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › X7, the Flagship DAP from FiiO ( updated on 15/12/2014) 5 minutes ago
- › FiiO E09K by Delance26
- › Dunu DN-1000 by screwedpeep
- › Sony BDPS500 Bravia Theater Sync Blu-ray Player by Joong
- › Audio Technica Sonic Fuel ATH-CKX9iS In-ear Headphones with In-line... by BenKatz
- › Asus Xonar DGX by TsukiNick
- › Edifier S730 by Croozer
- › Velodyne vPulse In-Ear Headphones (Classic Black) by spinnin
- › QLS QA360 Portable HiFi Lossless Music Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Koss Pro4S Full Size Studio Headphones, Black with Silver Trim by psblend
- › Meier Audio Corda Classic by longbowbbs
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)