RCA is the best... hands down.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 6/4/10 at 4:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 11/14/14 at 4:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable Teflon over UP-OCC: Ultra Pure Ohno Continous Cast Copper Viablue Y Splitter Switchcraft 4 pin XLR Ordered 5 ft length So a bit of background here. I...
I used this a a record cleaning machine... it served me well through college and frankly, was "good enough". I got pretty amazing results mounting the turntable on a shelf bolted to a frame that...
Specs; Deep bass sound reproduction with 50mm Neodymium driver unit and ring port structure- cans need 50-100 hours burn-in Ring port structure provides high-quality dynamic sound- it is...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION The first I heard about RHA (or Reid Heath Acoustics) was a thread on Head-Fi calling for...
FIIO'S E11K KILIMANJARO 2 INTRODUCTION Fiio is a Chinese maker of audio equipment that has become well known for offering good gear at highly competitive prices. With a lineup of...
- Headphone Impedance
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 270
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Hmm... I actually had a pair of Psvane 181's saved in my watch list to buy in the near future for use in WA22. So you recommend this over the Psv...... Is the bass impact better than the Psv ?
Edited by punit - 4/16/14 at 2:15am
I recently bought a few tubes from a seller I trust, including this one. Although labelled as a CV198x, the seller states that it is an incorrectly labelled B65. It sure doesn't look likeca regular B65, but a Google image search revealed a GEC B65 with an identical base, plate structure and transparent glass.
Does anyone have ecperience with this varient who can confirm its identity?
Most of my B36 are like that, with the brown bakelite base clear glass. B36 is the 12 volt version of the B65. I haven't seen a CV1988 that is not from Brimar. Maybe I haven't seen much tubes though.
PSVANE is for little girly men
They are going into a custom GlennStudio OTL amp that uses 6sn7,12sn7, or 25 volt version of the 6sn7 thr 1366 tube.
CV1988 is just a UK government Common Valve system code for 6SN7GT.
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › My DIY electrostatic headphones 17 seconds ago
- › Science shows the real way to listen 42 seconds ago
- › NEW! SONY NWZ-A10 Series Walkman. Micro SD Card Slot! 1 minute ago
- › PRICE DROPS! Gear Clearance! Just VSonic VSD3S left. 2 minutes ago
- › ModMic Alternatives? 2 minutes ago
- › Cheapest Amp to Drive HD600 3 minutes ago
- › NEW Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 and ATH-MSR7LTD 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Vorzüge VorzAMP PURE II - review and impressions 3 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Zynsonix Trebuchet HiFiMan Balanced Cable by BeatsWork
- › Mitsubishi LT-30 by Golden Ears
- › JVC HARX700 High-Grade Full-Size Headphone by ajlan
- › RHA T10i by Brooko
- › FiiO E11K by thatonenoob
- › AKG K3003 by GUO XIAOZHOU
- › iBasso DX50 DAP by AudioGG
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by piksnz
- › Joinhandmade Jelly Ear In Ear Headphones by thatonenoob
- › Grado Statement Series GS1000i Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)