RCA is the best... hands down.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 6/4/10 at 4:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Warm sound, good mid, great price Easy to drive compare with other studio headphone, there is shouldn't be too much complaint consider this headphone now only retail about $70 and sound really...
So the Pan Am from ALO Audio. This little guy is pretty dang impressive. An excellently-built, functioning desktop solution that is pretty easy on the eyes too! For the record, I've got the whole...
REVIEW: Brainwavz S5 Specifications: (from Brainwavz site) Driver: 10mm Dynamic Rated Impedance: 16 Ω Frequency Range: 18Hz - 24kHz Sensitivity: 110 dB @ 1 mW Cable: 1.3m,...
Thanks to Greed for a 10-day loan of his Ref 1 set, which I fully burnt-in and auditioned. This set had the uber cable. Super Brief Review (it's all just what my ears heard, if you love your Ref 1...
This review is going to be updated once I receive a balanced cable and use this amp in balanced operation. I figured this amp needed a proper review on here, and there is a lot of good stuff to say...
- Headphone Impedance
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 270
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Hmm... I actually had a pair of Psvane 181's saved in my watch list to buy in the near future for use in WA22. So you recommend this over the Psv...... Is the bass impact better than the Psv ?
Edited by punit - 4/16/14 at 2:15am
I recently bought a few tubes from a seller I trust, including this one. Although labelled as a CV198x, the seller states that it is an incorrectly labelled B65. It sure doesn't look likeca regular B65, but a Google image search revealed a GEC B65 with an identical base, plate structure and transparent glass.
Does anyone have ecperience with this varient who can confirm its identity?
Most of my B36 are like that, with the brown bakelite base clear glass. B36 is the 12 volt version of the B65. I haven't seen a CV1988 that is not from Brimar. Maybe I haven't seen much tubes though.
PSVANE is for little girly men
They are going into a custom GlennStudio OTL amp that uses 6sn7,12sn7, or 25 volt version of the 6sn7 thr 1366 tube.
CV1988 is just a UK government Common Valve system code for 6SN7GT.
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › About to buy first pair of IEMs - RHA MA750s 6 seconds ago
- › 1964 Ears (The Appreciation Thread) 8 seconds ago
- › = HiFiMAN HE-560 Impressions & Discussion Thread = 2 minutes ago
- › Grado e Series 4 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on Klipsch Status headphones? 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman EF-5 headphone amplifier mods and rolls 5 minutes ago
- › AKG K601 & K612 Pro Owners... UNITE!! 7 minutes ago
- › chord hugo + shure SE846 for your Ak240 RWAK 8 minutes ago
- › Rate The Last Movie You Watched 9 minutes ago
- › Desktop headphones for $150 range 11 minutes ago
- › AKG Acoustics K-240 Semi Open Studio Headphones by jerryg
- › ALO Audio The Pan Am by JoeDoe
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by Zelda
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kunlun
- › Violectric HPA V281 by saxelrod92
- › Yamaha EPH-100SL Inner-Ear Headphone by lumberjake
- › Schiit Audio Ragnarok by goldendarko
- › Ultimate Ears UE9000 Noise-Cancelling Wireless Headphones by SennsAsian
- › Crystal by MEElectronics In-Ear Headphones with Microphone Made... by indieman
- › Fidue A31s by djvkool
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)