Good to know buddy. I was hoping they would be close.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 2/26/15 at 2:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
DISCLAIMER I am in no way associated with the SoundMAGIC company. I have bought ES18 myself and just expressing my honest opinion here. ABOUT ME I am a 25 years old music enthusiast...
For larger views of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I've had the pleasure of listening to most of DUNU Topsound's hybrid earphones (DN1000, 2000...
Read the full review here! http://www.head-fi.org/t/809194/review-t-peos-rasiel
you'll hear what the musicians wanted their music to be sounded like. Well-balanced. Design is not so good as my friend's jh 13 but he had repaired his connector twice. only bad thing is that the...
I am a big fan of overachieving gear of any kind. What I mean by overachieving is the “they sound way too good for the price” factor. This is a highly subjective mindset because the worth of...
- Headphone Impedance
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 257
The last couple of 6SN7 tubes I have bought include a couple which are not exactly 6SN7s. I am referring to NOS ECC32s = CV181s made by Mullard from the 80s. These are good looking tubes dark brown bases, smoke class and having ST shaped envelopes. The NOS CV1988s I mentioned are also called 6SN7 GTY and are made by Brimar, black glass, brown base my tubes are from 1972. The ECC 32s have more gain than regular 6SN7s making it a little bit difficult to fairly compare to the others.
That said they are detailed very clean and richly toned. The Brimars are very clear strong signaled and have detail equal to the Mullards.
I wish I knew how to post pictures from my Andriod phone.
The other interesting 6SN7 I have collected recently are a quad of Marconi made in Italy. They were heavily used but still work welll ( I am uncertain of their emmsion or transconductance because I am waiting to get my tester back from repair. If anyone wants to trade or just a pair of these poorly labeled/marked Marconi tubes I would be happy to oblige.
Can anyone tell me who I can send my Singlepower Extreme to for the safety issue?
Very nice tubes for sure!
The ECC32's have great mids.
They come with different bases, getters, grey or black plates, but they are good tubes, worth having.
Don't run the ECC32's in the Extreme it may not be able to handle the higher heater current for long and could damage your transformer.
I have a couple of recommendations depending on your location.
That's good to know. I had tried ECC32 in the Extreme and noted that the transformer and top plate were warmer than usual. What tubes were you going to suggest? I was pleased with the Brimar Black BTY and Sylvania 6SN7Ws among others.
My problem right now is trying to understand the output market. It takes time (patience) and observation to know how much certain tubes will generally cost. After figuring the market for.. lets say... Tung Sol 5998s ..Only then can I learn if I prefer the resultant sonics.
Ladder plate type Rays do indeed sound good in the Icon HP8.
I have to say one of my biggest surprises tube rolling that amp was how good the National Union blackglass sounded in it. Bass is a little flabby, but the tone and harmonics are a great match for the amp's character.
I sort of regret selling my Brimars, I have a hunch they would have been a good match for the Icon as well. Then again as little as I use the amp it doesn't matter much either way.
I'm back in! I just purchased the ALO Audio Studio Six, so I have plenty to play with: 6SN7, 6V6, OB2 and 5AR4.
6V6s and OB2s are thankfully cheap.
Have you heard the DNA Stratus for comparisons?
Amos have you left the Stax camp now entirely? Glad to see your back with tube amps. The fun is in the rolling but once you get the right combo that ends. I am pretty stable with my WA5 selection now and I have lots of 6SN7 just using the tungsol 6F8G in their now but have other of those tubes as well.
Edited by Frank I - 12/7/13 at 11:30am
No, unfortunately not. None have made their way out to Japan as far as I know.
So far, I'm going to stick with dynamics and get a pair of good near-field speakers instead.
Amos what speaker are you considering near field. I am using the fritz Carbon 7 SE with my WA5. I love them and amazingly they are 88db and sound fantastic with the W5.
Does anyone have the same experience or do you think my pair is defective? I note there is a 6 mA difference between the two Sylvanias so they are not perfectly matched. Thanks!
Edited by lojay - 12/13/13 at 10:05am
Skylab, you are quite right my pair is absolutely quiet with the WA5. No microphonics or hum at all. However, it may be that my pair is past its prime. The readings on the label say "6.3/1.65, 5.5/1,80" on one and "6.8/1.95, 7.1/2.05" on the other, any idea how I could gauge whether my pair is good?
Neo, I hope you are right, my Ken-rad is arriving on Monday..
Edited by lojay - 12/13/13 at 9:38pm
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
- › Luxman DA250 Loaner program announcement! 43 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 48 seconds ago
- › Vape-Fi 1 minute ago
- › XDuoo XD-05 Portable Dac/Amp Introduction - Impressions 2 minutes ago
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 4 minutes ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 4 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 4 minutes ago
- › Stax SR009 4 minutes ago
- › Vali 2 tube rolling 4 minutes ago
- › The Aware: A custom version of the Dash? 8 minutes ago
- › SoundMAGIC ES18 In-Ear Headphones (Black/Red) by OSiRiSsk
- › DUNU DN-2002 by Brooko
- › T-PEOS RASIEL by kimvictor
- › Westone ES 5 by Xu Tianyi
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by Aornic
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Zen V2 by Zelda
- › Venture Electronics (VE) the Duke by Zelda
- › Hisoundaudio HSA-H200 Pro by mark2410
- › Brainwavz Hooka by Wokei
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...