Frank, if you are referring to the black glass round plate variety I have a good number of pairs of them. None of my tube components will take a 6SN7 instead of a 6SL7 or vice versa.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 2/26/15 at 2:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Accutone is a company that specializes in hands-free communications solutions but they've taken their experience and expertise and used it to create a series of consumer earphones. From their...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONThis is the 2nd pair of IEMs sent to me for evaluation recently by FiiO. You can find my...
Unboxing This package came in an unassuming black box with the branding directly on the front. Opening it reveals the very nice semi-hard case that stores the earphones. Opening the case...
Intro I wanted to start this review off with a Swiss Army knife joke but it looks like several Head-Fiers have already did that so in a futile attempt to be both funny and original I’ll start off...
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 241post #3601 of 60106/28/13 at 5:19pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3602 of 60106/28/13 at 5:30pmpost #3603 of 60106/28/13 at 5:47pmpost #3604 of 60106/29/13 at 12:26ampost #3605 of 60106/29/13 at 5:03amThread Starterpost #3606 of 60106/29/13 at 5:09am
All 5692 were manufactured by RCA according to Brent Jesse recordings. They made them all according to Brent.post #3607 of 60106/29/13 at 7:55amBrent is a very knowledgable guy, but I don't agree with him at all on this point. I'm almost 100% positive the CBS/Hytron 5962's are in fact made by Hytron.
I also agree with Stavros that they sound better than the RCAs.post #3608 of 60106/29/13 at 2:30pmpost #3609 of 60106/29/13 at 3:43pmpost #3610 of 60107/3/13 at 7:35pmpost #3611 of 60107/9/13 at 7:04am
Does anyone want to split Gopher's pair of Synergy / Create 6SN7's with me? I only wish to buy 1 to try.
Update. I bot one. Gopher has 1 remaining if anyone cares.
Edited by setamp - 7/9/13 at 10:02ampost #3612 of 60107/9/13 at 1:17pmJust getting back into tubes after a long break. Bought an Icon HP8 as I had a stash of 6SN7's I thought I could use. My favourite tubes in my old WA6 were a pair of genuine Bad Boys but after putting them in the HP8 I'm noticing a noise from one tube which I never noticed before. It's an on/off kind of whooshing noise which does stop eventually but I'm a little worried it's on it's way out, any of you notice this sort of noise before?
In the HP8 the Bad Boys are great but are bettered by a pair of Sylvania tubes with yellow print (from the 50's I think). Anyone else own the HP8? If so what are your favourites?post #3613 of 60107/9/13 at 5:16pm
In the WA6 one section of the 6SN7 is used as a driver stage and the other section as an output stage. In the HP8 the tube is used exclusively as an output stage presumably by paralleling both section together. Generally speaking the output stage is less sensitive to noisy tubes than the driver stage so it's odd that are hearing noise from them when you did not in the WA6. I can only guess the noisy section was the section the WA6 was using on the output side and that maybe the HP8 is pushing the tube a little harder revealing an issue the WA6 did not.
My BGRP Tung Sols have a rustling noise that was not existent back when I was using them in my WA6 as well. It depends a lot on the amp circuit and how aggressively the tube is being biased.post #3614 of 60107/10/13 at 3:27ampost #3615 of 60107/10/13 at 4:05amThread Starter
I use some noisy 6F8G drivers as outputs on the same amp and there is no noise issue, as they are run on a different operating point.
As Xcalibur mentioned much depends on how the tube is run.Return Home
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › The DIY Discman Repair Thread 8 seconds ago
- › Multibit DAC from Schiit or other brands, Oppo Sonica DAC 38 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 41 seconds ago
- › Shure SE846 BNIB 1 minute ago
- › New Inear Prophile-8 1 minute ago
- › The DIY'rs Cookbook 2 minutes ago
- › Onkyo DP-CMX1 GRANBEAT | Dual Dac | Balanced | Phone DAP 2 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › Linum update and the new Linum Super BaX on tour 5 minutes ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 5 minutes ago
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Yethal
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Cosmic Ears CE6P by fluffyberry
- › HIFIMAN SuperMini High-Res Portable Player by tenedosian
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear