Frank, if you are referring to the black glass round plate variety I have a good number of pairs of them. None of my tube components will take a 6SN7 instead of a 6SL7 or vice versa.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 2/26/15 at 2:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 7/16/15 at 1:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
-- The HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) is a wonderful, simple, clean DAC/Amp that is easy to use. I love things that just work. With the HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2,...
The KZ-ED9 is one of the best in-ear phones i ever heard. Tried a lot and spend a lot on very expensives ie earphones. This one is my favorite, very detailed sound! Use it with the Ibasso Dx90 and...
I don't really want to talk about the use of these for music. They were once the king under $100, and still are very good for the price -- but the best low-end headphones today would give all but...
Photo courtesy of Onsong Audio INTRODUCTION I recently tested out two battery-powered DAC/Amp solutions for getting better audio out of my iPhone, the Cayin C5DAC and Shanling H3. When I...
PIONEER HRM-7 REVIEW The Pioneer HRM-7 is what seems to be Pioneers first entry into the professional studio realm. Previously Pioneer has been very involved in providing almost everything a DJ...
- Headphone Impedance
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 241
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
All 5692 were manufactured by RCA according to Brent Jesse recordings. They made them all according to Brent.
I also agree with Stavros that they sound better than the RCAs.
Does anyone want to split Gopher's pair of Synergy / Create 6SN7's with me? I only wish to buy 1 to try.
Update. I bot one. Gopher has 1 remaining if anyone cares.
Edited by setamp - 7/9/13 at 10:02am
In the HP8 the Bad Boys are great but are bettered by a pair of Sylvania tubes with yellow print (from the 50's I think). Anyone else own the HP8? If so what are your favourites?
In the WA6 one section of the 6SN7 is used as a driver stage and the other section as an output stage. In the HP8 the tube is used exclusively as an output stage presumably by paralleling both section together. Generally speaking the output stage is less sensitive to noisy tubes than the driver stage so it's odd that are hearing noise from them when you did not in the WA6. I can only guess the noisy section was the section the WA6 was using on the output side and that maybe the HP8 is pushing the tube a little harder revealing an issue the WA6 did not.
My BGRP Tung Sols have a rustling noise that was not existent back when I was using them in my WA6 as well. It depends a lot on the amp circuit and how aggressively the tube is being biased.
I use some noisy 6F8G drivers as outputs on the same amp and there is no noise issue, as they are run on a different operating point.
As Xcalibur mentioned much depends on how the tube is run.
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › 🇬🇧 CanJam London 2015 Is Official! August 29-30, 2015! 26 seconds ago
- › AudioQuest NightHawk Headphone Unveiled Today 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue M 1 minute ago
- › Did Sennheiser just reveal the Orpheus successor? 2 minutes ago
- › JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 2 minutes ago
- › Battle Of The Flagships (58 Headphones Compared) 4 minutes ago
- › Vintage/Current R2R DAC Owners Discussion, Insight, and Review Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Feliks-Audio ELISE...(previously 6SN7 + 6AS7G/6080 prototype) 4 minutes ago
- › Bronze SE535 - Used Twice - Purchased from Authorized Dealer -... 4 minutes ago
- › Sony MDR EX1000 by dubbcd
- › Cypher Labs Algorhythm Picollo by dubbcd
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by dubbcd
- › HiFimeDIY Sabre USB DAC 2 (External PSU) by BloodyPenguin
- › KZ ED9 Tunning Nozzles In-Ear Headphones by Reinoud1963
- › Sony MDR-V6 Monitor Series Headphones by Chu
- › Calyx Audio PaT Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier - Gold by nmatheis
- › Pioneer HRM-7 Professional Studio Headphones by grizzlybeast
- › ZMF x Vibro by keanex
- › FOSTEX T40RP mkII DJ Headphones by JVC steven
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2