Frank, if you are referring to the black glass round plate variety I have a good number of pairs of them. None of my tube components will take a 6SN7 instead of a 6SL7 or vice versa.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 2/26/15 at 2:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/30/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
1) Initial Impression The silver cable is very well made, a great product from Singapore. The sleeves feel very smooth with no rubbery texture. The audio jack and the Y splitter is the standard...
Introduction – Although they are the highest terms of numbering, the R2000DB still occupy the second highest performance bracket just below the S1000DB. With a considerably increased asking price,...
Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Yamaha UK for the sample. Full review...
Specification Ø Digital Input ：USB, Coaxial, PCM 44.1K-192K/16-24bit Ø DAC Chip ：WM8740 Ø Digital Output：Standard Coaxial Ø USB input required OS：Win...
Greetings Head-fi! Today we are going to be checking out Meze's entry level product, the 11 Neo. Morpheus would be so proud. While they've been around for a while now Meze really found their stride...
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 241post #3601 of 59836/28/13 at 5:19pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3602 of 59836/28/13 at 5:30pmpost #3603 of 59836/28/13 at 5:47pmpost #3604 of 59836/29/13 at 12:26ampost #3605 of 59836/29/13 at 5:03amThread Starterpost #3606 of 59836/29/13 at 5:09am
All 5692 were manufactured by RCA according to Brent Jesse recordings. They made them all according to Brent.post #3607 of 59836/29/13 at 7:55amBrent is a very knowledgable guy, but I don't agree with him at all on this point. I'm almost 100% positive the CBS/Hytron 5962's are in fact made by Hytron.
I also agree with Stavros that they sound better than the RCAs.post #3608 of 59836/29/13 at 2:30pmpost #3609 of 59836/29/13 at 3:43pmpost #3610 of 59837/3/13 at 7:35pmpost #3611 of 59837/9/13 at 7:04am
Does anyone want to split Gopher's pair of Synergy / Create 6SN7's with me? I only wish to buy 1 to try.
Update. I bot one. Gopher has 1 remaining if anyone cares.
Edited by setamp - 7/9/13 at 10:02ampost #3612 of 59837/9/13 at 1:17pmJust getting back into tubes after a long break. Bought an Icon HP8 as I had a stash of 6SN7's I thought I could use. My favourite tubes in my old WA6 were a pair of genuine Bad Boys but after putting them in the HP8 I'm noticing a noise from one tube which I never noticed before. It's an on/off kind of whooshing noise which does stop eventually but I'm a little worried it's on it's way out, any of you notice this sort of noise before?
In the HP8 the Bad Boys are great but are bettered by a pair of Sylvania tubes with yellow print (from the 50's I think). Anyone else own the HP8? If so what are your favourites?post #3613 of 59837/9/13 at 5:16pm
In the WA6 one section of the 6SN7 is used as a driver stage and the other section as an output stage. In the HP8 the tube is used exclusively as an output stage presumably by paralleling both section together. Generally speaking the output stage is less sensitive to noisy tubes than the driver stage so it's odd that are hearing noise from them when you did not in the WA6. I can only guess the noisy section was the section the WA6 was using on the output side and that maybe the HP8 is pushing the tube a little harder revealing an issue the WA6 did not.
My BGRP Tung Sols have a rustling noise that was not existent back when I was using them in my WA6 as well. It depends a lot on the amp circuit and how aggressively the tube is being biased.post #3614 of 59837/10/13 at 3:27ampost #3615 of 59837/10/13 at 4:05amThread Starter
I use some noisy 6F8G drivers as outputs on the same amp and there is no noise issue, as they are run on a different operating point.
As Xcalibur mentioned much depends on how the tube is run.Return Home
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 23 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-1000 V1 3 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The JPS Labs: Abyss AB-1266 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › New Inear Prophile-8 4 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 4 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 5 minutes ago
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Questyle Q192 DAC with Headphone Amplifier silver by noobandroid
- › Meze 11 Neo by B9Scrambler
- › HiFiMAN Megamini by ExpatinJapan
- › JLab Audio Epic2 Bluetooth 4.0 Wireless Sport Earbuds, GUARANTEED... by red71rum
- › Chord MoJo by snellemin
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by Frank I
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear