Frank, if you are referring to the black glass round plate variety I have a good number of pairs of them. None of my tube components will take a 6SN7 instead of a 6SL7 or vice versa.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 2/26/15 at 2:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 7/16/15 at 1:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
At the time of the review, the Venture Electronics Zen was on sale on the company’s Aliexpress store. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Lumia 640 LTE I never owned a portable device (apart from a Sony Walkman in the 80's) because I never felt the use of it. Just out of curiosity, not expecting much, I plugged my Sony MDR-Z7 in my...
MEElectronics/MEEaudio Introduction My experience with IEMs is short lived, but I've had fair enough experience to give you proper detailing. I mainly use detachable only, and can report from...
Introduction In audio circles, the word "endgame" generally refers to a headphone or audio chain component that is practically without fault, and performs at a high enough level to...
Would never dreamed of buying a pair of Beats but end up finding a pair for a rock bottom price(1/3 of the normal retail) so I thought what the heck. Just a side note, since they were...
- Headphone Impedance
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 241
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
All 5692 were manufactured by RCA according to Brent Jesse recordings. They made them all according to Brent.
I also agree with Stavros that they sound better than the RCAs.
Does anyone want to split Gopher's pair of Synergy / Create 6SN7's with me? I only wish to buy 1 to try.
Update. I bot one. Gopher has 1 remaining if anyone cares.
Edited by setamp - 7/9/13 at 10:02am
In the HP8 the Bad Boys are great but are bettered by a pair of Sylvania tubes with yellow print (from the 50's I think). Anyone else own the HP8? If so what are your favourites?
In the WA6 one section of the 6SN7 is used as a driver stage and the other section as an output stage. In the HP8 the tube is used exclusively as an output stage presumably by paralleling both section together. Generally speaking the output stage is less sensitive to noisy tubes than the driver stage so it's odd that are hearing noise from them when you did not in the WA6. I can only guess the noisy section was the section the WA6 was using on the output side and that maybe the HP8 is pushing the tube a little harder revealing an issue the WA6 did not.
My BGRP Tung Sols have a rustling noise that was not existent back when I was using them in my WA6 as well. It depends a lot on the amp circuit and how aggressively the tube is being biased.
I use some noisy 6F8G drivers as outputs on the same amp and there is no noise issue, as they are run on a different operating point.
As Xcalibur mentioned much depends on how the tube is run.
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sennheiser HD650 Impressions Thread 2 seconds ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 1 minute ago
- › New Miles Davis Trumpet (not Tribute) earphones 1 minute ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 1 minute ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 2 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio WA6 + WA6SE: Tubes, Comments, Pictures, and Advice 2 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio L2 2 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 2 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › VE Zen by Hisoundfi
- › Lumia 640 LTE RM-1072 Black - Factory Unlocked - International... by Mink
- › MEElectronics M6 PRO Universal-Fit Noise-Isolating Musician’s... by whitemass
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by eke2k6
- › Beats Solo HD On-Ear Headphone by Skylarke
- › Heaven VII by peter123
- › Noble Audio BTS by HiFiChris
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by Cagin
- › Philips Fidelio L2 by White Lotus
- › Etymotic ER-4P Portable In-Ear Earphones by ElMarcado
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3