Last time I checked ebay there was a guy selling a huge lot with mostly British and German tubes in India. It said it was from a local hifi store that closed down. Man, imagine a box full of Telefunken ecc803 and Osram QB65.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 6/4/10 at 4:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 11/14/14 at 4:34pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The main selling point of this DAP is its size. Operation is straightforward, and small screen is better than none. Sound signature is likeable, detailed enough and musical enough. It uses RKnanoC...
I realize this is ancient news in 2014 but I recently rediscovered my iAudio7 and am loving it. It sounds remarkably good for a "fun"-signatured DAP and holy mackerel, the battery life is...
So I want to start off by stating that is this is my first real review of any headphone on this website. I am not an audiophile by any stretch of you imagination! I will try to best explain what my...
As an amateur hi-fi enthusiast I'm certainly no head-fi expert, but that won't stop me from saying that the Shure SRH840 professional monitoring headphones are a sweet sounding set of cans. I...
If you’re in the market for audiophile-grade headphones, you’ve probably heard of Germany’s professional audio electronics manufacturer Beyerdynamic. In the business of handcrafting premium...
- Headphone Impedance
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 223
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Hytron are pretty midrange focused but not lush. I would call the tung sol the warmer of the two personally. Not to imply the Hytron is dry sounding or sterile, it isn't. It sort of gives you another definition of neutral you might not have considered before, if that makes any sense.
NU 6SN7 are some of the most romantic sounding tubes you will find, very lush, very mellow. This comes at a price too. They have a pretty, colored midrange (that only works with some material IMO), but are soft sounding tubes with less detail than many other 6SN7s. Synergy matters with this tube too, it's particular colorations sometimes match badly with the existing tone of a setup, an vise versa sometimes can complement nicely.
As always YMMV.
Any luck yet?
Do you have any particular 6SN7 in mind?
No luck yet. Just give it a bit more time. Hopefully someone around here.
Interesting in the Psvane cv181-t. or GE ones. I'm not too sure. Im willing to give any of them a try and see how it sounds with my LCD-3 and AKG k701s.
I had a pair of NOS 1953 GE 6SN7GT's and they were clean, soft and very pedestrian sounding. And had to go!
If you have the Cavalli LG I recommend to try out the rare BL63. But you will need a 6f8g adapters. For that I recommend Glenn Studio, which happens to make mine. Make sure to tell him to make the cord 2 inches longer. The BL63 is taller than your average 6f8g. There's a guy from Italy now on ebay that sells them. Just make sure to haggle with him. That tube is top notch without having to buy expensive tubes like TS round plate or Ecc32. It even better that those two and half thw price.
They draw 1.4Amps compared to 0.6Amps of a 6SN7.
In a typical 6SN7 amp they will damage the transformer.
Glenn's OTL can handle the 1.4Amp easily.
They are worth trying for sure.
Depending on sound, I'm interested in getting these bad boys for my amp! Can't wait for your evaluation.
Edited by Silent One - 3/22/13 at 2:09pm
Given my stock of 6SN7s, ECC32s, ECC33s and 6F8Gs, would this tube be superior to those in Glenn's OTL?
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Multi-Custom In-Ear Monitor Review, Resource, Mfg List & Discussion... 14 seconds ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 33 seconds ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 45 seconds ago
- › Shure SRH1540 Review 2 minutes ago
- › (NEW) FiiO E12A for IEMs! 2 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 4 minutes ago
- › Koss Portapro Appreciation Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Multi-IEM Review - 328 IEMs compared (Lear LUF-4F / LUF-4B / LUF-4C... 6 minutes ago
- › **MrSpeakers Mad Dog: Impressions and Discussion Thread** 6 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page: Downloads, info & instructions-... 6 minutes ago
- › Basic K3 by nino9
- › Cowon iAUDIO 7 16Gb by Climber
- › Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones by TheHeadPhoneGuy
- › Shure SRH840 by SoundApprentice
- › Beyerdynamic DT-990 Professional Headphones by SoundApprentice
- › Brainwavz S0 In-Ear Headphones by TheGame21x
- › ROCK JAW ALFA GENUS by anoobis
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by dweaver
- › Brainwavz HM5 Velor Memory Foam Replacements Earpads - Suitable For... by shockdoc
- › CAD MH310 ( Superlux HD662 ) by p13rrot
- › Caution Warnings When Purchasing Used...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3