Last time I checked ebay there was a guy selling a huge lot with mostly British and German tubes in India. It said it was from a local hifi store that closed down. Man, imagine a box full of Telefunken ecc803 and Osram QB65.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 6/4/10 at 4:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 10/4/14 at 4:50am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
if u are looking for a great dac you can better buy new motherboard with supreme fx it sound practicly the same and its cheaper
The Pendulumic Stance S1 is an excellent "bluetooth" headphone. I'm sure there are better sounding "wireless" headphones and at some level believe the category should be divided into wireless and...
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
- Headphone Impedance
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 223
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Hytron are pretty midrange focused but not lush. I would call the tung sol the warmer of the two personally. Not to imply the Hytron is dry sounding or sterile, it isn't. It sort of gives you another definition of neutral you might not have considered before, if that makes any sense.
NU 6SN7 are some of the most romantic sounding tubes you will find, very lush, very mellow. This comes at a price too. They have a pretty, colored midrange (that only works with some material IMO), but are soft sounding tubes with less detail than many other 6SN7s. Synergy matters with this tube too, it's particular colorations sometimes match badly with the existing tone of a setup, an vise versa sometimes can complement nicely.
As always YMMV.
Any luck yet?
Do you have any particular 6SN7 in mind?
No luck yet. Just give it a bit more time. Hopefully someone around here.
Interesting in the Psvane cv181-t. or GE ones. I'm not too sure. Im willing to give any of them a try and see how it sounds with my LCD-3 and AKG k701s.
I had a pair of NOS 1953 GE 6SN7GT's and they were clean, soft and very pedestrian sounding. And had to go!
If you have the Cavalli LG I recommend to try out the rare BL63. But you will need a 6f8g adapters. For that I recommend Glenn Studio, which happens to make mine. Make sure to tell him to make the cord 2 inches longer. The BL63 is taller than your average 6f8g. There's a guy from Italy now on ebay that sells them. Just make sure to haggle with him. That tube is top notch without having to buy expensive tubes like TS round plate or Ecc32. It even better that those two and half thw price.
They draw 1.4Amps compared to 0.6Amps of a 6SN7.
In a typical 6SN7 amp they will damage the transformer.
Glenn's OTL can handle the 1.4Amp easily.
They are worth trying for sure.
Depending on sound, I'm interested in getting these bad boys for my amp! Can't wait for your evaluation.
Edited by Silent One - 3/22/13 at 2:09pm
Given my stock of 6SN7s, ECC32s, ECC33s and 6F8Gs, would this tube be superior to those in Glenn's OTL?
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 21 seconds ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 51 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Oppo PM-1: A New Planar Magnetic Headphone! 1 minute ago
- › The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious... 2 minutes ago
- › iFi iDSD Micro DSD512 / PCM768 DAC and Headphone Amp. Impressions,... 3 minutes ago
- › Official Ipod Video / Classic 5g+5.5g+6g+6.5g+7g SSD Mod thread 3 minutes ago
- › WIN Sennheiser HD 800 and a year worth of HDtracks downloads! 3 minutes ago
- › REVIEW: Vivo Xplay 3S + XE800 Mobile audio perfection 4 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 5 minutes ago
- › Epiphany Acoustics EHP-O2D by Pokerstar
- › PENDULUMIC STANCE S1 Wireless Headphones by mpm2433
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)