Sorry to hear that SO. That would ruin my day, and then some.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 6/4/10 at 4:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on Yesterday at 3:10 pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Edited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
Introduction In the past 2 years VentureCraft has been successfully creating amps and DAC/Amp packaged components with their GD-03, Go-DAP 4.0 for iPhone 4(s), and Go-DAP X for their...
A friend of mine needed a new headphone, which was cheap, closed and good sounding. I said to him, dream on friend it will be very tough to find a headphone with those criteria. But then after...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the K550. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The AKG K550...
Along with the summary below, I have posted a Youtube video review of the RE-400. If you like the video, check out my channel for more reviews :) Summary BUILD The RE-400...
Along with the summary below, I have a review thread comparing the Sony EX1000, 7550, XBA-4 and XBA-40...
- Headphone Impedance
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 215
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Pros:“Powerful and affordable”“Powerful, clean output with slight warmth, small footprint, value for money, drives most headphones, nice connectability with E7”
- Pros:“Warm sound signature, detailed, non-fatiguing”“Richly detailed, supremely textured, natural sound that is smooth, effortless and relaxing to listen to. A forgiving allrounder with superb comfort.”
No need to feel bad for the Silent One. We are grounded. Perhaps, I was a bit over dramatic and should clarify, my savings for audio. I'm doin' alright in other areas. The tea tins marked "Audio" will get some cash stashed in them soon enough.
You are right David, an addict never stops!
My recent acquisition is a beautiful 6H12C but I am a bit apprehensive about using it.
Meantime I am building up a collection of 45's, VT-52's, 310's, 311's and 328's.
A Tale of Lust and Caution?
Edited by Silent One - 2/15/13 at 6:17pm
I disposed a quad set of these while ago, not much information besides supposedly manufactured around 1970's in Russia I think, RFT 6H8C's, either Ukraine or Russia they were for old telecommunications/military use. They sound like the usual Russian tube sound but they last a long time, fairly bland and boring though, you can say natural sounding, high's bit tizzling with some vocals...but the durability do last a long while...some like the sound, some don't but they go for a bit cheaper than cheap Sylvania's. Only reason I chucked out my matched quad was because they all hummed/distorted loudly when overdriven and I got it for cheap $10 for a quad from a Czech Republic tube ebayer.
I prefer the Svetlana's over the RFT's, which are sort of a step up from general cheap Russian tubes with Russian letter prefixes.
Edited by DefQon - 2/15/13 at 10:47pm
No problems. Btw do you still have your LD VI+?
Those were actually made in East Berlin. The number 604 and the HF logo both identify the Werk für Fernmeldewesen aka Oberspreewerk in Berlin-Oberschöneweide in the Soviet sector of Berlin. This was the former AEG-Röhrenfabrik Oberspree.
I have some from the different DDR factories and to me they sound excellent.
Nothing in common with the CCCP made 6H8C which sound terrible.
They have a double getter on the top and not the flying saucer type getter typical of the CCCP 6H8C tubes.
The RFT factories also made the legendary Telefunken 6SN7GTA/GTB.
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Fiio X3 Thread. ClieOS' First Impressions on Page 37!!! 53 seconds ago
- › I have too much stuff sale 57 seconds ago
- › Millett "Starving Student" hybrid amp 1 minute ago
- › The diary entries of a little girl who is now 30! ~ Part 2 1 minute ago
- › You Know You're an Audiophile When.. Version 2! 1 minute ago
- › Singapore Meet - Interest Check. 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 2 minutes ago
- › Open Classical Music Headphones 4 minutes ago
- › **Hifiman HE-400 Impressions and Discussion Thread** 5 minutes ago
- › Looking to buy some new Headphones (Maybe some Grado SR225i's) 5 minutes ago
- › Go-Dap DD Socket1 (DD/DA Converter) for iPhone & iPod... by AnakChan
- › Philips SHL5905BK/28 CitiScape Uptown by Marleybob217
- › AKG K 550 by a_recording
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-40/N Gold | Quad Balanced Armature In-Ear Headphones... by a_recording
- › Sony XBA-4SL by a_recording
- › Sony MDRMA900 Over the Head Style Headphones by a_recording
- › Aune T1 by teb1013
- › Logitech Speaker System Z623 by D3Seeker
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad900x by a_recording
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Power Corner) by joe