Sorry to hear that SO. That would ruin my day, and then some.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 6/4/10 at 4:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
This is a review of the upcoming FiiO X1 digital audio player (DAP). Until my first experience with X5, a little over half a year ago, I used to refer to all dedicated audio players as "mp3"...
It's annoying because I didn't read the manual so I naturally fitted the SE215's wrong, and then looked at videos and found the right fit. The SE215 lack bass with the foam tips, so I put on the...
Before I get started, I’d like to thank the team at Audiofly and Billy from Noisy Motel for making this tour possible. I know that the AF140s have received some criticism so far which is always a...
Disclaimer: I received my R3s for free under the condition I would write a review for them. Purchase price reflects their going rate on a popular online retailer at the time of the review. The...
Beats, the biggest headphone brand in the world, selling more headphones than any other by a large margin and with a huge 60% market share in it's domestic market in the USA, has largely been the...
- Headphone Impedance
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 215
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
No need to feel bad for the Silent One. We are grounded. Perhaps, I was a bit over dramatic and should clarify, my savings for audio. I'm doin' alright in other areas. The tea tins marked "Audio" will get some cash stashed in them soon enough.
You are right David, an addict never stops!
My recent acquisition is a beautiful 6H12C but I am a bit apprehensive about using it.
Meantime I am building up a collection of 45's, VT-52's, 310's, 311's and 328's.
A Tale of Lust and Caution?
Edited by Silent One - 2/15/13 at 6:17pm
I disposed a quad set of these while ago, not much information besides supposedly manufactured around 1970's in Russia I think, RFT 6H8C's, either Ukraine or Russia they were for old telecommunications/military use. They sound like the usual Russian tube sound but they last a long time, fairly bland and boring though, you can say natural sounding, high's bit tizzling with some vocals...but the durability do last a long while...some like the sound, some don't but they go for a bit cheaper than cheap Sylvania's. Only reason I chucked out my matched quad was because they all hummed/distorted loudly when overdriven and I got it for cheap $10 for a quad from a Czech Republic tube ebayer.
I prefer the Svetlana's over the RFT's, which are sort of a step up from general cheap Russian tubes with Russian letter prefixes.
Edited by DefQon - 2/15/13 at 10:47pm
No problems. Btw do you still have your LD VI+?
Those were actually made in East Berlin. The number 604 and the HF logo both identify the Werk für Fernmeldewesen aka Oberspreewerk in Berlin-Oberschöneweide in the Soviet sector of Berlin. This was the former AEG-Röhrenfabrik Oberspree.
I have some from the different DDR factories and to me they sound excellent.
Nothing in common with the CCCP made 6H8C which sound terrible.
They have a double getter on the top and not the flying saucer type getter typical of the CCCP 6H8C tubes.
The RFT factories also made the legendary Telefunken 6SN7GTA/GTB.
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Best amp and dac for HD600. 18 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › The AKG K712 Pro Support and Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Silver Resolution Reference Interconnects (NEVER USED) 1 minute ago
- › Westone W60 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser Momentum impressions thread 2 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 3 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 3 minutes ago
- › Audio Technica ATH-IM70: A Bold New Direction 3 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by twister6
- › Shure SE215 by Existence
- › Audiofly AF140 In-Ear Headphones (Gray) by Loquah
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by hans030390
- › Beats Solo 2.0 On-Ear Headphones (Red) by cb3723
- › Beyerdynamic DT 770 PRO Closed Studio Headphones - 250 Ohms by MacroPower
- › Denon Urban Raver In-Ear Headphones, Blue (AH-C100BU) by MrTechAgent
- › Audio Technica ATH-CKN50 by bharathss
- › Audio Technica W5000 by CJ09
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)