Sorry to hear that SO. That would ruin my day, and then some.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 6/4/10 at 4:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 1/8/14 at 2:00am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
When I bought these headphones about 2 months ago, I didn't expect much and I bought them without trying them out. It was an impulse buy to be honest, they were on a considerable discount and I...
I have had these now for a few months. I heard they had a very bass orientated sound but not so much that it ruins everything else. When i first purchased these i was a bit confused as to why they...
I bought a pair of HM5s about 6 months ago. They give you absolutely great sound for under $150 but I ran into a big problem. Both sides where the slider connects to the headphones started to...
First a bit of background on my experiences with headphone amps. I have tried the Fiio E17, Objective 2, the 2.3W amp built into my laptop, my Yamaha receiver's headphone out and a cheap $40...
I bought these cans 2 years ago and sold them to get the ATH-M50, which then lead me into the audio world. Overall these are good portable headphones with great build quality. The sound, however,...
- Headphone Impedance
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 215
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
No need to feel bad for the Silent One. We are grounded. Perhaps, I was a bit over dramatic and should clarify, my savings for audio. I'm doin' alright in other areas. The tea tins marked "Audio" will get some cash stashed in them soon enough.
You are right David, an addict never stops!
My recent acquisition is a beautiful 6H12C but I am a bit apprehensive about using it.
Meantime I am building up a collection of 45's, VT-52's, 310's, 311's and 328's.
A Tale of Lust and Caution?
Edited by Silent One - 2/15/13 at 6:17pm
I disposed a quad set of these while ago, not much information besides supposedly manufactured around 1970's in Russia I think, RFT 6H8C's, either Ukraine or Russia they were for old telecommunications/military use. They sound like the usual Russian tube sound but they last a long time, fairly bland and boring though, you can say natural sounding, high's bit tizzling with some vocals...but the durability do last a long while...some like the sound, some don't but they go for a bit cheaper than cheap Sylvania's. Only reason I chucked out my matched quad was because they all hummed/distorted loudly when overdriven and I got it for cheap $10 for a quad from a Czech Republic tube ebayer.
I prefer the Svetlana's over the RFT's, which are sort of a step up from general cheap Russian tubes with Russian letter prefixes.
Edited by DefQon - 2/15/13 at 10:47pm
No problems. Btw do you still have your LD VI+?
Those were actually made in East Berlin. The number 604 and the HF logo both identify the Werk für Fernmeldewesen aka Oberspreewerk in Berlin-Oberschöneweide in the Soviet sector of Berlin. This was the former AEG-Röhrenfabrik Oberspree.
I have some from the different DDR factories and to me they sound excellent.
Nothing in common with the CCCP made 6H8C which sound terrible.
They have a double getter on the top and not the flying saucer type getter typical of the CCCP 6H8C tubes.
The RFT factories also made the legendary Telefunken 6SN7GTA/GTB.
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › What Are You Listening To Right Now? -New thread, new rules. Please... 5 seconds ago
- › Focal SPIRIT PROFESSIONAL Appreciation Society 9 seconds ago
- › The Stax Thread III 38 seconds ago
- › Sony NWZ-ZX1 - 35th Walkman Anniversary model 52 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Music Game IX 3 minutes ago
- › The Astell and Kern AK240 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Charlotte, NC Meet: April 19th 2014 4 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Amplifier Discussion / Comparison Thread: Crack, SEX &... 4 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 5 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-D600 by derbigpr
- › AUDIO TECHNICA ATH PRO700 mk2 by Morph91
- › BRAINWAVZ HM5 Studio Monitor Headphones by JamesSitter
- › Burson Audio - The Conductor - Reference Class DAC / Headphone Amp... by ag8908
- › SOL Republic Tracks HD by xkonfuzed
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by TripBitShooter
- › Sennheiser PX 360 Collapsible Wired Headphone with Clear Natural... by TripBitShooter
- › Westone 4R with Removable Cables by squallkiercosa
- › Shure SE215 by squallkiercosa
- › Ultimate Ears Triple.fi 10 Pro Earphones Gun Metal Blue with Roadie... by squallkiercosa
- › Westone latest universal iem flagship was the... by majedelamine
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob