Sorry to hear that SO. That would ruin my day, and then some.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 2/26/15 at 2:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I want to thank @Todd of TTVJ for this wonderful surprise, and opportunity to review the fine Elear. It was a wonderful 7+ days, which I thoroughly enjoyed; extended due to a weather delay. Best...
Bought my Fiio X5 and it worked great for a few months, then one day, it got very hot ! so I sent it back for a warranty replacement, and it worked great until for just over a year, and now the...
AMPSANDSOUNDS KENZIE- what....a....WEEK! The Kenzie is handmade in Southern California with U.S.-sourced parts and custom hand-wound output transformers from Transcender, out of Hollister, CA....
Following the HD600s, I had simply obtained the Superlux 668b as a point of comparison and reference, as it is a well know and popular budget Headphone. My brother also uses a pair that he swears...
In an age where (multi-driver) hybrids are all the rage, the G3 is a single dynamic from a maker known for well-regarded, modestly-price earbuds. I bought these after reading the frenetic praise...
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 215post #3211 of 60062/15/13 at 12:14pm
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3212 of 60062/15/13 at 12:28pm
No need to feel bad for the Silent One. We are grounded. Perhaps, I was a bit over dramatic and should clarify, my savings for audio. I'm doin' alright in other areas. The tea tins marked "Audio" will get some cash stashed in them soon enough.post #3213 of 60062/15/13 at 12:38pmThread Starter
You are right David, an addict never stops!
My recent acquisition is a beautiful 6H12C but I am a bit apprehensive about using it.
Meantime I am building up a collection of 45's, VT-52's, 310's, 311's and 328's.post #3214 of 60062/15/13 at 12:51pmpost #3215 of 60062/15/13 at 2:18pmQuote:
A Tale of Lust and Caution?
Edited by Silent One - 2/15/13 at 6:17pmpost #3216 of 60062/15/13 at 5:43pmpost #3217 of 60062/15/13 at 5:59pmpost #3218 of 60062/15/13 at 7:36pmpost #3219 of 60062/15/13 at 7:39pmpost #3220 of 60062/15/13 at 10:45pmQuote:
I disposed a quad set of these while ago, not much information besides supposedly manufactured around 1970's in Russia I think, RFT 6H8C's, either Ukraine or Russia they were for old telecommunications/military use. They sound like the usual Russian tube sound but they last a long time, fairly bland and boring though, you can say natural sounding, high's bit tizzling with some vocals...but the durability do last a long while...some like the sound, some don't but they go for a bit cheaper than cheap Sylvania's. Only reason I chucked out my matched quad was because they all hummed/distorted loudly when overdriven and I got it for cheap $10 for a quad from a Czech Republic tube ebayer.
I prefer the Svetlana's over the RFT's, which are sort of a step up from general cheap Russian tubes with Russian letter prefixes.
Edited by DefQon - 2/15/13 at 10:47pmpost #3221 of 60062/15/13 at 11:28pmpost #3222 of 60062/16/13 at 2:42amQuote:
No problems. Btw do you still have your LD VI+?post #3223 of 60062/16/13 at 4:03ampost #3224 of 60062/16/13 at 6:22am
Those were actually made in East Berlin. The number 604 and the HF logo both identify the Werk für Fernmeldewesen aka Oberspreewerk in Berlin-Oberschöneweide in the Soviet sector of Berlin. This was the former AEG-Röhrenfabrik Oberspree.post #3225 of 60062/16/13 at 6:33amThread Starter
I have some from the different DDR factories and to me they sound excellent.
Nothing in common with the CCCP made 6H8C which sound terrible.
They have a double getter on the top and not the flying saucer type getter typical of the CCCP 6H8C tubes.
The RFT factories also made the legendary Telefunken 6SN7GTA/GTB.Return Home
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › 1964 Ears Adel IEMs 2 minutes ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › crinacle's FR measurement database (150 IEMs measured) 3 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 3 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 4 minutes ago
- › Wells Audio Milo - Impressions And Discussion Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Why are flagship headphones so expensive now? 7 minutes ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 7 minutes ago
- › Best earbuds to get 7 minutes ago
- › ZMF Blackwood or Ori 8 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Accutone Pisces BA Hybrid IEM by crabdog
- › Schiit Modi Multibit by Trogdor
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by Mimouille
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Currawong
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by vincik
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear