Sorry to hear that SO. That would ruin my day, and then some.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 6/4/10 at 4:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
I work with Trance music most ... Before The New released update 3.0 for the thing i wasn't really satisfied with its quality of sound in trance ...but the update Changed everything ,EVERYthing...
This amp has really sound quality , neutral side and wide soundstage . It could have a little more bass with bass boost switch but no complains here since i do prefer a neutral sound to get the...
- Headphone Impedance
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 215
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
No need to feel bad for the Silent One. We are grounded. Perhaps, I was a bit over dramatic and should clarify, my savings for audio. I'm doin' alright in other areas. The tea tins marked "Audio" will get some cash stashed in them soon enough.
You are right David, an addict never stops!
My recent acquisition is a beautiful 6H12C but I am a bit apprehensive about using it.
Meantime I am building up a collection of 45's, VT-52's, 310's, 311's and 328's.
A Tale of Lust and Caution?
Edited by Silent One - 2/15/13 at 6:17pm
I disposed a quad set of these while ago, not much information besides supposedly manufactured around 1970's in Russia I think, RFT 6H8C's, either Ukraine or Russia they were for old telecommunications/military use. They sound like the usual Russian tube sound but they last a long time, fairly bland and boring though, you can say natural sounding, high's bit tizzling with some vocals...but the durability do last a long while...some like the sound, some don't but they go for a bit cheaper than cheap Sylvania's. Only reason I chucked out my matched quad was because they all hummed/distorted loudly when overdriven and I got it for cheap $10 for a quad from a Czech Republic tube ebayer.
I prefer the Svetlana's over the RFT's, which are sort of a step up from general cheap Russian tubes with Russian letter prefixes.
Edited by DefQon - 2/15/13 at 10:47pm
No problems. Btw do you still have your LD VI+?
Those were actually made in East Berlin. The number 604 and the HF logo both identify the Werk für Fernmeldewesen aka Oberspreewerk in Berlin-Oberschöneweide in the Soviet sector of Berlin. This was the former AEG-Röhrenfabrik Oberspree.
I have some from the different DDR factories and to me they sound excellent.
Nothing in common with the CCCP made 6H8C which sound terrible.
They have a double getter on the top and not the flying saucer type getter typical of the CCCP 6H8C tubes.
The RFT factories also made the legendary Telefunken 6SN7GTA/GTB.
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Show us your Head-Fi station at it's current state. No old... 21 seconds ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 30 seconds ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 44 seconds ago
- › NAD Viso HP50 : Another superb headphone from Paul Barton? 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Shure SE846 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › [New] Philips Fidelio X1 3 minutes ago
- › ALO Audio Studio Six Reviews and Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.5.0 6 minutes ago
- › Philips fidelio L1 / Monster inspiration / Sol republic master tracks 6 minutes ago
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Oppo HA-1 Integrated Headphone DAC and Amplifier. by Xyrium
- › Fischer Audio Silver Bullets by AlfredKeppler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)