Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 6/4/10 at 4:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 10/4/14 at 4:50am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
First of all, I'd like to thank Cayin for opportunity to review C5. As usual, main review is in Russian, here I'll share mt impressions in brief. There is not so many good portable amps in sub...
Ah, yes. The SE215, quite possibly the most popular entry-level IEM on the market at the moment, and for good reason. These headphones are perfect for any budding audio enthusiast thanks to its...
Shure has definitely outdone themselves with this wonderful product. Never have I experienced more clarity in a pair of IEMs. For someone who listens to alternative rock, pop, and an assorted array...
Videos only at the moment. I'll do a write-up later. Apologies if you were hoping for something to read. Unboxing and design details: More details about the cables, sound and possible...
Introduction – Read Heath Audio (or RHA for short) are soon to release their latest and greatest earphone, the T10i. Much like the rest of RHA’s products, the T10i’s were designed to offer premium...
- Headphone Impedance
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 211
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
IMHO it's not very good. Even a very basic Sylvania or RCA 6SN7GTB you can buy for $10-15 will sound better than the Electro-Harmonix, AND cost less.
They're also much better than the RCA 5692.
... and it's hard to go wrong with 6F8Gs (but you need an adapter).
A very valid point.
Is that right? I have yet to try an RCA 5692 as they go for megabucks. Have tried the Sylvania GT's that Xcalibur likes and Grey Glass RCA's. Am awaiting CBS Hytron GT's. Have heard good things about the RCA 5692 but don't think I can afford them.
I agree, they are not a tube I would invest in, only good for a collection.
has anybody tried the 6N12S yet?
Perhaps it works in some amps; I don't know. I hate it with a passion in the 336se. The only thing going for it is the bass, iff you like your bass overblown, otherwise it's harsh, dead, flat. Just awful!
The CBS Hytron and RCA Grey Glass are wonderful tubes much better sounding than the RCA 5692 IMHO.
I'm a big fan of all the Hytron GTs, they are consistently underrated tubes. Some of the most lucid mids you will ever hear. Their only weakness is loose bass, but it isn't so bad it gets in the way of enjoying what the tube does well.
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T90 :D 2 minutes ago
- › Gustard U12 USB Interface 8 Core XMOS chip 3 minutes ago
- › EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound... 4 minutes ago
- › Level matching Amps with a Passive Attenuator; or, Am I Doing it... 4 minutes ago
- › KingSound KS-H3? 5 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 5 minutes ago
- › Bottlehead Crack + Speedball (TS 5998 and TS Black Glass 12AU7... 6 minutes ago
- › So...Recommendations? 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Cayin C5 Portable HIFI Audio Headphone Amplifier by cleg
- › Shure SE215 by Dinerenblanc
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by Dinerenblanc
- › Sony MDR-Z7 by Currawong
- › RHA T10i by Audiophile1811
- › Schiit Valhalla by Willy 2 Streams
- › Sennheiser HD-518 by quajaebisquiti
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by earfonia
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Terja
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by xonarboy87
- › Construction expenses falls 0.8% in August...
- › Facebook, Ericsson & XL Indonesia Create...
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2