Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 2/26/15 at 2:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
They are a very good option. The sound is natural, they are comfortable to use. The only con I have with it is the included cable that is too long and bulky (if you want to listen them connected...
Me: I am a 21 year old student living in a small town in India. I would like to call myself a music enthusiast, rather than an audiophile. I was inspired by music since childhood, and as the time...
I must admit, until recently, I was not aware of the Master and Dynamic brand. I had heard about them on the forums, but never really read anything about them. Their recent model MH40 is their...
For larger views of any photo - please click for access to 1200 x 800 images INTRODUCTION I’ve only recently heard about thinksound™ audio, and before Head-Fi user d marc0 contacted me, I’d...
I just bought this headphone and it sound amazing, I did a burn in for about 20hr and the sound improve dramatically compared when the headphone was in the box. The comfort is phenomenal and due to...
- Headphone Impedance
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 211
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
IMHO it's not very good. Even a very basic Sylvania or RCA 6SN7GTB you can buy for $10-15 will sound better than the Electro-Harmonix, AND cost less.
They're also much better than the RCA 5692.
... and it's hard to go wrong with 6F8Gs (but you need an adapter).
A very valid point.
Is that right? I have yet to try an RCA 5692 as they go for megabucks. Have tried the Sylvania GT's that Xcalibur likes and Grey Glass RCA's. Am awaiting CBS Hytron GT's. Have heard good things about the RCA 5692 but don't think I can afford them.
I agree, they are not a tube I would invest in, only good for a collection.
has anybody tried the 6N12S yet?
Perhaps it works in some amps; I don't know. I hate it with a passion in the 336se. The only thing going for it is the bass, iff you like your bass overblown, otherwise it's harsh, dead, flat. Just awful!
The CBS Hytron and RCA Grey Glass are wonderful tubes much better sounding than the RCA 5692 IMHO.
I'm a big fan of all the Hytron GTs, they are consistently underrated tubes. Some of the most lucid mids you will ever hear. Their only weakness is loose bass, but it isn't so bad it gets in the way of enjoying what the tube does well.
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 20 seconds ago
- › Sennheiser HD 595 WOOD CUP mod 59 seconds ago
- › Tiny DAC, Big Sound, Evolved – Stoner Acoustics UD100 / UD110 / UD120 1 minute ago
- › SONY NW-ZX2 HI-END DAP 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Pics of Headphones... Rules: ONE PIC. NO WORDS! 3 minutes ago
- › The AKG K7XX Massdrop First Edition Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Morrow Audio SP4 Biwire 2m inc shipping 3 minutes ago
- › Where can you get free flac musics? 4 minutes ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 518 by Tiby
- › Somic HD MH463 Open-air Dynamic Pro Headphones (Black) by YoYo JoKeR
- › Master & Dynamic MH40 by lin0003
- › thinksound rain2 Wooden In-Ear Headphone (Gunmetal Chocolate) by Brooko
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by Gia Bao
- › Pro-Ject Audio DAC Box E Entry Level DAC Black by LugBug1
- › Final Audio Design Heaven Viii by newzild
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by hodgjy
- › Shanling M3 Portable Digital Audio Player by YoYo JoKeR
- › Sennheiser Momentum Wireless Over Ear Headphones in Black M2AEBT by twister6
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2