Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 6/4/10 at 4:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I read several (a lot of) opinions about these headphones here on head-fi and also in other web forums. To be honest, after that i was pretty unsure about them. Nevertheless i ordered them, as...
get one if you can , come with a small plastic carry case too and about SQ its a 3580 with a bit more forward mids and smaller bass . bass is as deep as 3580 , nice detail , good mids , vocals are...
yeah these off the market , but i thought lets have a small evaluation of it . nice cable , there is a cable clip , comply tips , nice carry pouch and 3 size of rubber tips . in audio...
These are everything you'd expect from a flagship headphone, only MORE, because some flagships have come to disappoint me, even from the more expensive brands. In a lot of markets, I find there is...
I am a Grado fan. More precisely, I am a Grado modder. Everything I listen to is tinkered with, and woodied….Needless to say, I favor a bright sound signature, open-backs and am not very into IEMs....
- Headphone Impedance
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 211
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
IMHO it's not very good. Even a very basic Sylvania or RCA 6SN7GTB you can buy for $10-15 will sound better than the Electro-Harmonix, AND cost less.
They're also much better than the RCA 5692.
... and it's hard to go wrong with 6F8Gs (but you need an adapter).
A very valid point.
Is that right? I have yet to try an RCA 5692 as they go for megabucks. Have tried the Sylvania GT's that Xcalibur likes and Grey Glass RCA's. Am awaiting CBS Hytron GT's. Have heard good things about the RCA 5692 but don't think I can afford them.
I agree, they are not a tube I would invest in, only good for a collection.
has anybody tried the 6N12S yet?
Perhaps it works in some amps; I don't know. I hate it with a passion in the 336se. The only thing going for it is the bass, iff you like your bass overblown, otherwise it's harsh, dead, flat. Just awful!
The CBS Hytron and RCA Grey Glass are wonderful tubes much better sounding than the RCA 5692 IMHO.
I'm a big fan of all the Hytron GTs, they are consistently underrated tubes. Some of the most lucid mids you will ever hear. Their only weakness is loose bass, but it isn't so bad it gets in the way of enjoying what the tube does well.
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Automatic random wireless startgate for motorcross 24 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 59 seconds ago
- › New JH Audio flagship! "Siren Series Roxanne" 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › TTPOD T1-E Impressions thread 3 minutes ago
- › Chord Hugo - The PORTABLE discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 4 minutes ago
- › Hifiman HE-4 Impressions Thread 5 minutes ago
- › Help with posting 6 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Beta v2 Review 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by lofoscopico
- › Philips SHE3680 Headphones, Wired by suman134
- › Philips SHE9850 In-Ear Headphones with Advanced Acoustics by suman134
- › audio-technica AIR Dinamic Headphone ATH-AD2000X (Japan Import) by Quazimoto
- › HiSoundAudio E212 by fleasbaby
- › M-Audio BX5 D2 by krishtrinity1
- › iFi iCan Nano Portable Headphone Amp by ClieOS
- › iFi Nano iDSD by ClieOS
- › SONY Stereo headphones black MDR-1RMK2/B by wigglepuff
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by cleg
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)