Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 2/26/15 at 2:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I began to search for a shorter cable for my HD600 just because the stock cable is to long for using with a portable device. I didn't want to spend to much under $100. I did the standard Amazon and...
Exclusive sound, high quality patents "sandwich diaphragm" metal meets the technical.
I will leave the technical speak and unboxing play-by-play to the reviews that are already here, done by people who do a much better job than I can currently manage. Just know that the iDSD Micro...
Ok, I've had these for a while now and decided to leave some feedback on these. First thing, the sound from these IEM's (earphones) are nothing short of excellent with a few minor dislikes. At...
I purchased a Bakoon HPA-01 off Massdrop for around $1200 (it is normally around $1700 retail) due to the reputation of Bakoon Japan for making stunning amps. The HPA-01 is from Bakoon Korea,...
- Headphone Impedance
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 211
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
IMHO it's not very good. Even a very basic Sylvania or RCA 6SN7GTB you can buy for $10-15 will sound better than the Electro-Harmonix, AND cost less.
They're also much better than the RCA 5692.
... and it's hard to go wrong with 6F8Gs (but you need an adapter).
A very valid point.
Is that right? I have yet to try an RCA 5692 as they go for megabucks. Have tried the Sylvania GT's that Xcalibur likes and Grey Glass RCA's. Am awaiting CBS Hytron GT's. Have heard good things about the RCA 5692 but don't think I can afford them.
I agree, they are not a tube I would invest in, only good for a collection.
has anybody tried the 6N12S yet?
Perhaps it works in some amps; I don't know. I hate it with a passion in the 336se. The only thing going for it is the bass, iff you like your bass overblown, otherwise it's harsh, dead, flat. Just awful!
The CBS Hytron and RCA Grey Glass are wonderful tubes much better sounding than the RCA 5692 IMHO.
I'm a big fan of all the Hytron GTs, they are consistently underrated tubes. Some of the most lucid mids you will ever hear. Their only weakness is loose bass, but it isn't so bad it gets in the way of enjoying what the tube does well.
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sennheiser HD 600 Impressions Thread 25 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 58 seconds ago
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 2 minutes ago
- › Thoughts on a bunch of DACs (and why delta-sigma sucks) 3 minutes ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x - In-Depth Review & Impressions 3 minutes ago
- › Testing audiophile claims and myths 3 minutes ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 3 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 3 minutes ago
- › DX90. 2X Sabre,1st page: Downloads, info&inst. . Lurker0 FW Mod... 3 minutes ago
- › Tennmak Sennheiser HD600/650 Short Cable by bikerboy94
- › Original Xiaomi Piston III Youth Edition Earphone Earbuds Headset... by leoscarax
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by knorris908
- › Shure SE425 Earphone by interpolate
- › Bakoon HPA-01 by Currawong
- › Pioneer SE-CX8-T Headphone, Bright Copper by Luckbad
- › Sennheiser HD 239 Headphones Black by rigodeni
- › Audio-Technica ATH-R70x | R Series Professional Open Back Dynamic... by twister6
- › Signature Acoustics O16 Live by kova4a
- › Sennheiser HD 428 Headphones by rensin
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2