A photo of the top mica will help.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 6/4/10 at 4:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
After being a creative fanboy for ever since,decided to try the asus STX II after reading some good reviews about the first one,from users over the net. compared to my previous creative ZXR which...
Disclosure: This review is based off a review unit of the retail version of the S5, provided by Brainwavz. This is my first in-depth encounter with a Brainwavz product, having only demoed previous...
I had high expectations of this based on so-called "professional reviews" listed on the iFi website & ones here. Particularly the one from the audiostream "Greatest bits"...
I don't constantly own a huge headphone inventory, in the past I had the Sennheiser Amperior + HD25, ATH-M50X, and currently have the V-MODA M100. Compared to those headphones the K267 is superior...
I got these phones as a gift, and I am quite happy with the sound quality and comfort. The noise cancelling is also quite good, and can completely eliminate certain frequencies of extraneous noise....
- Headphone Impedance
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 210
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Did Hytron ever have any t-plates with 3 plate holes? I have always worked on the assumption they didn't. The 3-hole thing seemed to really be a Syvlania thing because Tung Sol always used 2 holes as well.
I have seen Hytron labeled 3 hole plates in both 6SN7 and 12SN7 versions.
The shiny black plates of the tube on the right remind me of Hytron.
The top mica will tell the rest of the story.
A makers code printed on the base will help a lot.
The seller has/had both 2 and 3 hole plate Hytrons not long ago.
Edited by rosgr63 - 1/21/13 at 9:23pm
I suggest the GE 6SN7GTB with the light bridge on top.
It looks nice but sonically is very mediocre
I agree with Rob.
The Hytron is better and the 33S30 better still, but it's not worth the high price.
Have already tried them before and yeah I agree with you they don't sound great. I need a very bright emitting (different colour) 6SN7 to complement my 1960's HP make GE man 6AS7GT rectifier in my modded DV336SE looks and sound wise.
Sadly, no. It's quite possibly the worst sounding tube in the 336se.
Can you make some good suggestions I can chase for the 336se?
Don't get me wrong it's not terrible but .... I want my 701's, 650's and d2k's too sound like the money invested.
Mod your 336se like I did. But it's going to be hard to find a universal tube combination (without tube rolling) to sonically match all those 3 headphones you mentioned.
Different colour? Sounds like a party! Though, DefQon's locale makes it impossible for me to attend.
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Grado RS1i Impressions thread 1 second ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › CanMania 2014 @ Capital Audiofest: Impressions & Reports 2 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 Pro 3 minutes ago
- › IEMs and Headphones with Detatachable Cables: please recommend... 4 minutes ago
- › Rockbox for iBasso DX90 dual boot with Stock FW ver 2.1.0 (Latest... 4 minutes ago
- › Zero Audio - ZH-DX200 Carbo Tenore | ZH-DX210 Carbo Basso (Carbon &... 5 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 5 minutes ago
- › iBasso DX90. Dual Sabre, 1st page to reformat latest FW download &... 5 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster Z Series ZXR (70SB151000000) Sound Card by Nada190
- › ASUS Essence STX II by raymond555
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by tomscy2000
- › iFi Nano iDSD by elmura
- › AKG K267 by Blinxat
- › AKG K490 NC by MP3guy
- › Corsair Vengeance 2000 Wireless 7.1 Gaming Headset (CA-9011115-NA) by DallasDanielle
- › Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX Certified Computer Speaker System by DallasDanielle
- › AudioQuest Carbon USB Digital Audio Cable 1.5m by Maxx134
- › RAZER Kraken Pro Circumaural Analog Gaming Headset - Black by kwilt
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)