A photo of the top mica will help.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 2/26/15 at 2:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
INTRODUCTION: Paw Gold is a high resolution music player from the brand Lotoo, that is part of the Beijing Infomedia Electronic Technology Co Ltd. It sports an industrial looking outer body...
Too much dirt and sibilance at 5.5-6.5KHz. Also they are not so murderous about bass as many people suggest. Characteristics (subjective, 10 max): Resolution:...
Preamble: Etymotic Research, founded in 1983 in the USA by Mead Killion (http://www.etymotic.com/about-us/interview-with-mead), a man that I highly respect, is widely...
It’s been a year since I started writing/filming reviews, and it all began with the ZMF Vibro Mk. I in cornflower blue. I found the sound very fun, found the bass ports interesting and thought they...
Accutone Pisces HD Review: Everything The Pisces Should Have Been This is another entry into my Accutone IEM marathon. For those of you who aren’t familiar with Accutone, they are a Chinese...
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 210post #3136 of 60161/21/13 at 5:46amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3137 of 60161/21/13 at 3:01pm
Did Hytron ever have any t-plates with 3 plate holes? I have always worked on the assumption they didn't. The 3-hole thing seemed to really be a Syvlania thing because Tung Sol always used 2 holes as well.post #3138 of 60161/21/13 at 9:20pmThread Starter
I have seen Hytron labeled 3 hole plates in both 6SN7 and 12SN7 versions.
The shiny black plates of the tube on the right remind me of Hytron.
The top mica will tell the rest of the story.
A makers code printed on the base will help a lot.
The seller has/had both 2 and 3 hole plate Hytrons not long ago.
Edited by rosgr63 - 1/21/13 at 9:23pmpost #3139 of 60161/27/13 at 1:37pmpost #3140 of 60161/27/13 at 5:11pmpost #3141 of 60161/27/13 at 6:23pmpost #3142 of 60161/27/13 at 6:40pmpost #3143 of 60161/27/13 at 7:25pmpost #3144 of 60161/27/13 at 9:03pmThread Starter
I suggest the GE 6SN7GTB with the light bridge on top.
It looks nice but sonically is very mediocreQuote:
I agree with Rob.
The Hytron is better and the 33S30 better still, but it's not worth the high price.post #3145 of 60161/28/13 at 1:45amQuote:
Have already tried them before and yeah I agree with you they don't sound great. I need a very bright emitting (different colour) 6SN7 to complement my 1960's HP make GE man 6AS7GT rectifier in my modded DV336SE looks and sound wise.post #3146 of 60161/28/13 at 11:27amQuote:
Sadly, no. It's quite possibly the worst sounding tube in the 336se.post #3147 of 60161/28/13 at 11:54ampost #3148 of 60161/28/13 at 1:28pmQuote:
Can you make some good suggestions I can chase for the 336se?
Don't get me wrong it's not terrible but .... I want my 701's, 650's and d2k's too sound like the money invested.post #3149 of 60161/28/13 at 3:15pmQuote:
Mod your 336se like I did. But it's going to be hard to find a universal tube combination (without tube rolling) to sonically match all those 3 headphones you mentioned.post #3150 of 60161/28/13 at 8:09pmQuote:
Different colour? Sounds like a party! Though, DefQon's locale makes it impossible for me to attend.Return Home
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Equalizing LCD-2 Fazors? 1 minute ago
- › Denon AH-7200 4 minutes ago
- › 2017 UK Head-Fi Meet (April 2nd @ Milton Keynes) 5 minutes ago
- › MEIZU HD 50 6 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 7 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 8 minutes ago
- › Best Smartphone for audiophile 9 minutes ago
- › Astell&Kern AK380 Stainless Steel 10 minutes ago
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 10 minutes ago
- › FiiO X7 | DXD | DSD | 384K/64B | ESS9018+ Android | WiFi |... 11 minutes ago
- › Lotoo Paw Gold by EagleWings
- › JVC HA-FX101 by PETEBULL
- › Etymotic ER4XR by HiFiChris
- › ZMF Headphones Eikon by Aornic
- › Accutone Pisces HD by Cinder
- › Beyerdynamic DT 480 by kman1211
- › Schiit Audio Yggdrasil by Currawong
- › oBravo ERIB-1C 2way planar magnetic hybrid by twister6
- › Astell & Kern AK Jr. Hi-Res Music Player 64GB by SkumBucket
- › BENJIE K9 8G APE/FLAC/WAV High Sound Quality Entry-level Lossless... by Peddler
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear