Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › 6SN7 Tube Addicts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 210

post #3136 of 4156
Thread Starter 

A photo of the top mica will help.

post #3137 of 4156

Did Hytron ever have any t-plates with 3 plate holes?  I have always worked on the assumption they didn't.  The 3-hole thing seemed to really be a Syvlania thing because Tung Sol always used 2 holes as well.

post #3138 of 4156
Thread Starter 

I have seen Hytron labeled 3 hole plates in both 6SN7 and 12SN7 versions.

 

The shiny black plates of the tube on the right remind me of Hytron.

The top mica will tell the rest of the story.

A makers code printed on the base will help a lot.

 

The seller has/had both 2 and 3 hole plate Hytrons not long ago.


Edited by rosgr63 - 1/21/13 at 9:23pm
post #3139 of 4156

Somebody did prove 6SN7 Gold pin Electro Harmonix tubes?

post #3140 of 4156

Any 6SN7's that glow very brightly (or with different colour)?

post #3141 of 4156
What's the best 5692 brand?
post #3142 of 4156
Personally I like the CBS-Hytron 5692 best.
post #3143 of 4156
I just bought a 1959 RCA red base 5692. It's great but I was expecting more from my Daekvoice 336se
post #3144 of 4156
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

Any 6SN7's that glow very brightly (or with different colour)?

 

I suggest the GE 6SN7GTB with the light bridge on top.

It looks nice but sonically is very mediocre

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zub-a-Roo View Post

I just bought a 1959 RCA red base 5692. It's great but I was expecting more from my Daekvoice 336se

 

I agree with Rob.

The Hytron is better and the 33S30 better still, but it's not worth the high price.

post #3145 of 4156
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post

 

I suggest the GE 6SN7GTB with the light bridge on top.

It looks nice but sonically is very mediocre

 

Have already tried them before and yeah I agree with you they don't sound great. I need a very bright emitting (different colour) 6SN7 to complement my 1960's HP make GE man 6AS7GT rectifier in my modded DV336SE looks and sound wise.

post #3146 of 4156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zub-a-Roo View Post

I just bought a 1959 RCA red base 5692. It's great but I was expecting more from my Daekvoice 336se

 

Sadly, no. It's quite possibly the worst sounding tube in the 336se.

post #3147 of 4156
Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

I need a very bright emitting (different colour) 6SN7

 

Different colour? confused_face.gif  I don't think that's going to happen.

post #3148 of 4156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskari View Post

Sadly, no. It's quite possibly the worst sounding tube in the 336se.

Can you make some good suggestions I can chase for the 336se?
Don't get me wrong it's not terrible but .... I want my 701's, 650's and d2k's too sound like the money invested.
post #3149 of 4156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zub-a-Roo View Post


Can you make some good suggestions I can chase for the 336se?
Don't get me wrong it's not terrible but .... I want my 701's, 650's and d2k's too sound like the money invested.


Mod your 336se like I did. But it's going to be hard to find a universal tube combination (without tube rolling) to sonically match all those 3 headphones you mentioned.

post #3150 of 4156
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskari View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by DefQon View Post

I need a very bright emitting (different colour) 6SN7

 

Different colour? confused_face.gif  I don't think that's going to happen.

 

Different colour? Sounds like a party! Though, DefQon's locale makes it impossible for me to attend. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › 6SN7 Tube Addicts