A photo of the top mica will help.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 6/4/10 at 4:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 12/18/13 at 5:23am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
160$ - 180$ price range but was lucky enough to buy it from e-bay only 100$ ?!!?
Intro My hifi journey started 2 years ago with a pair of Sennheiser hd598s and an Asus Xonar Essence Stx sound card. A modest entry, but I have spent a lot of money trying to recapture that wow...
Own them for a while now really love them! bought a couple comply foam tips which are more comfortable then the stock ones. the stock ones are decent i liked the triple flang ones but comply foam...
Introducing Brainwavz very uniquely designed dual dynamic IEM Brainwavz R3 (Comply Tips) Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic IEM I've been lucky enough recently to start...
Disclaimers: I'm a consumer, a headphone enthusiast, so I'm not using these for professional use. ... that's it They come in a nice box, really giving them a professional feel. The bag I...
- Headphone Impedance
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 210
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
Did Hytron ever have any t-plates with 3 plate holes? I have always worked on the assumption they didn't. The 3-hole thing seemed to really be a Syvlania thing because Tung Sol always used 2 holes as well.
I have seen Hytron labeled 3 hole plates in both 6SN7 and 12SN7 versions.
The shiny black plates of the tube on the right remind me of Hytron.
The top mica will tell the rest of the story.
A makers code printed on the base will help a lot.
The seller has/had both 2 and 3 hole plate Hytrons not long ago.
Edited by rosgr63 - 1/21/13 at 9:23pm
I suggest the GE 6SN7GTB with the light bridge on top.
It looks nice but sonically is very mediocre
I agree with Rob.
The Hytron is better and the 33S30 better still, but it's not worth the high price.
Have already tried them before and yeah I agree with you they don't sound great. I need a very bright emitting (different colour) 6SN7 to complement my 1960's HP make GE man 6AS7GT rectifier in my modded DV336SE looks and sound wise.
Sadly, no. It's quite possibly the worst sounding tube in the 336se.
Can you make some good suggestions I can chase for the 336se?
Don't get me wrong it's not terrible but .... I want my 701's, 650's and d2k's too sound like the money invested.
Mod your 336se like I did. But it's going to be hard to find a universal tube combination (without tube rolling) to sonically match all those 3 headphones you mentioned.
Different colour? Sounds like a party! Though, DefQon's locale makes it impossible for me to attend.
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Sennheiser Momentum appreciation thread 13 seconds ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Impressions and feedback. 1 minute ago
- › brand new ortofon e-q5 2 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 Thread - info updated on Dec 20th 2013 3 minutes ago
- › DigiZoid ZO3 Updates & Discussion Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Matrix Mini-i Pro Impressions? 4 minutes ago
- › 115 SNR 7.1 with 600 ohm stereo with Asrock's new motherboards 4 minutes ago
- › Fischer Amps FA-4 E XB: New 4-BA IEM From Germany 4 minutes ago
- › Meier Audio Classic (2nd price drop) 5 minutes ago
- › Edifier Headphones and Earphones (H850, H290... etc) 5 minutes ago
- › Yamaha HPH-MT120BL High Fidelity Over-ear Headphones by ron watson
- › Audeze LCD2 Planar Magnetic Headphones by davisman
- › TDK BA200 by ScreenKiller
- › Brainwavz R3 Dual Dynamic Driver Earphones by Brooko
- › Sony MDR7506 Professional Large Diaphragm Headphone by Trunks159
- › Samson SR950 by Emid
- › Shure SRH 440 Professional Studio Headphones by Misterbushido-
- › Ultrasone DJ1 by HybridBlinds
- › Sennheiser HD-598 by davisman
- › MrSpeakers Alpha Dog (T50RP Mod) by gelocks
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Introduction) by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by skehoe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Desktop Amps... by warrenpchi
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Portable... by cristina
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide... by SocialCapital