A photo of the top mica will help.
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 2/26/15 at 2:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: HRT Model: microStreamer Price: $169 at amazon.com Volume Control: Digitally-activated analog attenuator, no volume control on unit itself.Power Connector: USB, mini...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDSDPrice: $499 at musicdirect.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob (On/Off)Power Connector: USB 3.0 Male, USB 3.0...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: Chord Electronics Limited U.K.Model: MojoPrice: $599 at moon-audio.com Volume Control: One “+” and one “-” volume ball button.Power Connector: USB, Micro BBattery Life:...
*This review comes from my Portable Amp / Dac Shootout.Posted as a reference for users. For the full review, see: [[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: Resonessence LabsModel: CONCERO HPPrice: $850...
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 210post #3136 of 60061/21/13 at 5:46amThread Starter
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3137 of 60061/21/13 at 3:01pm
Did Hytron ever have any t-plates with 3 plate holes? I have always worked on the assumption they didn't. The 3-hole thing seemed to really be a Syvlania thing because Tung Sol always used 2 holes as well.post #3138 of 60061/21/13 at 9:20pmThread Starter
I have seen Hytron labeled 3 hole plates in both 6SN7 and 12SN7 versions.
The shiny black plates of the tube on the right remind me of Hytron.
The top mica will tell the rest of the story.
A makers code printed on the base will help a lot.
The seller has/had both 2 and 3 hole plate Hytrons not long ago.
Edited by rosgr63 - 1/21/13 at 9:23pmpost #3139 of 60061/27/13 at 1:37pmpost #3140 of 60061/27/13 at 5:11pmpost #3141 of 60061/27/13 at 6:23pmpost #3142 of 60061/27/13 at 6:40pmpost #3143 of 60061/27/13 at 7:25pmpost #3144 of 60061/27/13 at 9:03pmThread Starter
I suggest the GE 6SN7GTB with the light bridge on top.
It looks nice but sonically is very mediocreQuote:
I agree with Rob.
The Hytron is better and the 33S30 better still, but it's not worth the high price.post #3145 of 60061/28/13 at 1:45amQuote:
Have already tried them before and yeah I agree with you they don't sound great. I need a very bright emitting (different colour) 6SN7 to complement my 1960's HP make GE man 6AS7GT rectifier in my modded DV336SE looks and sound wise.post #3146 of 60061/28/13 at 11:27amQuote:
Sadly, no. It's quite possibly the worst sounding tube in the 336se.post #3147 of 60061/28/13 at 11:54ampost #3148 of 60061/28/13 at 1:28pmQuote:
Can you make some good suggestions I can chase for the 336se?
Don't get me wrong it's not terrible but .... I want my 701's, 650's and d2k's too sound like the money invested.post #3149 of 60061/28/13 at 3:15pmQuote:
Mod your 336se like I did. But it's going to be hard to find a universal tube combination (without tube rolling) to sonically match all those 3 headphones you mentioned.post #3150 of 60061/28/13 at 8:09pmQuote:
Different colour? Sounds like a party! Though, DefQon's locale makes it impossible for me to attend.Return Home
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Need help with choosing headphones! 24 seconds ago
- › Drive the HD600/HD650 with a Behringer Xenyx Q1002USB Mixer? 1 minute ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 1 minute ago
- › Is this something that I can do? 5 minutes ago
- › Schiit Fulla 2 Impressions Thread 8 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 8 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 8 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 9 minutes ago
- › [WTT] 64 Audio U12 ADEL 11 minutes ago
- › Looking for cheap headphones with similar padding/cushion as BOSE QC25 12 minutes ago
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › ampsandsound Kenzie Headphone Amplifier by ngoshawk
- › Superlux HD-668 B by snapacap
- › TY Hi-Z G3 by loomisjohnson
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear