- 21,808 Posts. Joined 4/2005
- Location: Chicagoland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 2/26/15 at 2:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/30/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Accutone Taurus Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Accutone for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/828106/accutone-taurus-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: ...
Remax RM305M Aluminum Earbud: Here is the $10 Remax Earbud, just as sexy as your high school's homecoming queen. Though lost in the rush of new products from China this year, I learned about it...
At the time this review was written, the Super Dolphin earphone was listed for sale on AK Audio Store’s Aliexpress website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
The Soundaware Esther M1Pro provides a immersive sound experience held down by its dated interface and firmware. Its like driving a luxury car with all its comfort but with a dated design...
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 209post #3121 of 59831/12/13 at 10:22amWith the clear glass, there is also a black-plate and a grey-plate Tung-Sol 6SU7GTY.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3122 of 59831/12/13 at 10:40amThread Starter
Thanks Rob, I only have the three types, so here is the new list:
Tung-Sol 6SU7GTY update.
They come in four flavours:
Black Glass Round Plates, parallelogram mica.
Black Glass Round Plates, round mica.
Clear Glass Black Flat Plates, triple mica.
Clear Glass Grey Flat Plates, triple mica.post #3123 of 59831/12/13 at 10:44amI actually have a couple pairs of Sylvania 6SU7GTY, which are clearly Sylvania internals. I'm assuming they are just a 6SL7GT with a brown michanol base, but they are a rare bird.post #3124 of 59831/12/13 at 10:56amThread Starterpost #3125 of 59831/12/13 at 11:13ampost #3126 of 59831/12/13 at 12:53pmQuote:
Rob, are those 6188s?post #3127 of 59831/12/13 at 2:28pmThe Sylvanias? No, they say 6SU7GTY. I do have some Philips 6188's too. They are pretty decent tubes as well. And actually you can still get those NOS JAN-6188 from Parts Express.post #3128 of 59831/12/13 at 2:35pmpost #3129 of 59831/12/13 at 4:08pmpost #3130 of 59831/20/13 at 8:16pm
OT here but just want to ask if anybody have a lead for a pair of type 26/UX226 tubes? Preferrably "globe" type.
I posted this here as I figure that enthusiast who collects 6SN7 tubes might know some leads for buying the type of tube I am inquiring.
Abepost #3131 of 59831/20/13 at 9:48pmThread Starter
Good Luck!post #3132 of 59831/20/13 at 10:02pm
Would these be Bad Boys?
The seller claims they are a matched pair but the plates look slightly different and the date Dec 1959 seems way after the 1952-53 Bad Boy period. They look like 3 hole black plates with copper rods though.
Thankspost #3133 of 59831/20/13 at 10:23pmThread Starter
The left looks like a Sylvania and the right like a Hytron.
It could be old stock rebranded in 1959, the left one does look like a genuine Bad Boy.
BTW the seller is good, and gives a 14 day money back option.
He tends to call most his Sylvanias Bad Boys, even if they are not.post #3134 of 59831/20/13 at 10:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by rosgr63
Thank you very much!Return Home
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › I need a headphone suggestion 1 second ago
- › Noble Audio - the Wizard returns! 2 seconds ago
- › Cosmic Ears - new CIEM company with great prices (including Hybrid... 10 seconds ago
- › LZ-A4 Impressions and Discussion Thread 10 seconds ago
- › Yamaha hph mt220 thread (Merged) 37 seconds ago
- › New here: iSplitter vs Aux Extension 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Creative Sound Blaster X7 - Detailed Review & Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Earsonics SM64 2 minutes ago
- › O2 AMP + ODAC 2 minutes ago
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by Hisoundfi
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Campfire Audio Vega by Jackpot77
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear