- 21,827 Posts. Joined 4/2005
- Location: Chicagoland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 2/26/15 at 2:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
JOMO PLB (Pretty Little Beast) IEM Review - Expatinjapan `Oh you pretty things` - David Bowie Jomo Audio PLB, Opus#3 Dap and Double Helix Cable. JOMO PLB (Pretty little...
In the present state of portable audio markets, with one-upmanship of driver counts (and prices) fast becoming the norm, Campfire Audio has blazed its own path by offering immaculately crafted,...
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEWS ARE CREATED BY SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM AND MORE DETAILED REVIEW CAN BE FOUND ON THE WEBSITE INTRODUCTION We reviewed the VE Monk Plus recently and fell in love with it. The...
VIDEO REVIEW ALL REVIEW ARE DONE @ SOULSIKREVIEWS.COM and more insightful review can be found on our site. INTRODUCTION If you are on a budget then you are in for some good luck because...
First if I would like to thank Meze for including me in their review program. I did NOT receive these for free, like all other reviewers in the program I have been given a 1 week window to...
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 209post #3121 of 60171/12/13 at 10:22amWith the clear glass, there is also a black-plate and a grey-plate Tung-Sol 6SU7GTY.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3122 of 60171/12/13 at 10:40amThread Starter
Thanks Rob, I only have the three types, so here is the new list:
Tung-Sol 6SU7GTY update.
They come in four flavours:
Black Glass Round Plates, parallelogram mica.
Black Glass Round Plates, round mica.
Clear Glass Black Flat Plates, triple mica.
Clear Glass Grey Flat Plates, triple mica.post #3123 of 60171/12/13 at 10:44amI actually have a couple pairs of Sylvania 6SU7GTY, which are clearly Sylvania internals. I'm assuming they are just a 6SL7GT with a brown michanol base, but they are a rare bird.post #3124 of 60171/12/13 at 10:56amThread Starterpost #3125 of 60171/12/13 at 11:13ampost #3126 of 60171/12/13 at 12:53pmQuote:
Rob, are those 6188s?post #3127 of 60171/12/13 at 2:28pmThe Sylvanias? No, they say 6SU7GTY. I do have some Philips 6188's too. They are pretty decent tubes as well. And actually you can still get those NOS JAN-6188 from Parts Express.post #3128 of 60171/12/13 at 2:35pmpost #3129 of 60171/12/13 at 4:08pmpost #3130 of 60171/20/13 at 8:16pm
OT here but just want to ask if anybody have a lead for a pair of type 26/UX226 tubes? Preferrably "globe" type.
I posted this here as I figure that enthusiast who collects 6SN7 tubes might know some leads for buying the type of tube I am inquiring.
Abepost #3131 of 60171/20/13 at 9:48pmThread Starter
Good Luck!post #3132 of 60171/20/13 at 10:02pm
Would these be Bad Boys?
The seller claims they are a matched pair but the plates look slightly different and the date Dec 1959 seems way after the 1952-53 Bad Boy period. They look like 3 hole black plates with copper rods though.
Thankspost #3133 of 60171/20/13 at 10:23pmThread Starter
The left looks like a Sylvania and the right like a Hytron.
It could be old stock rebranded in 1959, the left one does look like a genuine Bad Boy.
BTW the seller is good, and gives a 14 day money back option.
He tends to call most his Sylvanias Bad Boys, even if they are not.post #3134 of 60171/20/13 at 10:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by rosgr63
Thank you very much!Return Home
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Blue Ever Blue 1200EX 28 seconds ago
- › Q701 impressions thread 37 seconds ago
- › Mr. Speakers Ether Flow Impressions and Discussion 1 minute ago
- › HD800S mint 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Lyr & Lyr 2 Tube Compatibility List 3 minutes ago
- › Creative Sound blaster E5 - Headphone amp + USB DAC with OTG +... 3 minutes ago
- › The (new) HD800 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › [Reviewers Wanted] World Tour for Cayin N3 – Compact Hi-Res DAP... 5 minutes ago
- › DIY Cable Questions and Comments Thread 5 minutes ago
- › [WTS][USA-WA][Paypal US48] 598 CS, Schiit Fulla (Orignal) 688B 5 minutes ago
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Meze 12 Classics by Bansaku
- › Rock Jaw Audio Resonate by ngoshawk
- › Koss PortaPro - Headphones ( semi-open ) by krenky
- › Final F4100 by jwbrent
- › Audio-Technica AT-PHA100 by Army-Firedawg
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear