- 21,822 Posts. Joined 4/2005
- Location: Chicagoland
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 2/26/15 at 2:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
I would like to thank Gibson Innovations for the opportunity to review the H900M. Above: H900M top, A800 below Above: H900M Before I begin,...
Disclaimer: I would like to thank Fiio very much for providing me with the opportunity to review the X5 iii. This review is part of Fiio’s tour, there is no monetary incentive for a positive...
Yet again (with several more to soon follow), I find myself owing a great deal of thanks (and at this point...
Aesthetics: The box with its engineering drawings, beautiful graphics, and presentation of the product leaves a great first impression. Included are ample sizes of silicon earpieces to choose...
This is a pretty long review. For the benefit of those with short attention spans, let’s cut right to the chase. The “entry level” Holo Spring DAC is good – very good! It is transparent,...
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 209post #3121 of 60101/12/13 at 10:22amWith the clear glass, there is also a black-plate and a grey-plate Tung-Sol 6SU7GTY.
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #3122 of 60101/12/13 at 10:40amThread Starter
Thanks Rob, I only have the three types, so here is the new list:
Tung-Sol 6SU7GTY update.
They come in four flavours:
Black Glass Round Plates, parallelogram mica.
Black Glass Round Plates, round mica.
Clear Glass Black Flat Plates, triple mica.
Clear Glass Grey Flat Plates, triple mica.post #3123 of 60101/12/13 at 10:44amI actually have a couple pairs of Sylvania 6SU7GTY, which are clearly Sylvania internals. I'm assuming they are just a 6SL7GT with a brown michanol base, but they are a rare bird.post #3124 of 60101/12/13 at 10:56amThread Starterpost #3125 of 60101/12/13 at 11:13ampost #3126 of 60101/12/13 at 12:53pmQuote:
Rob, are those 6188s?post #3127 of 60101/12/13 at 2:28pmThe Sylvanias? No, they say 6SU7GTY. I do have some Philips 6188's too. They are pretty decent tubes as well. And actually you can still get those NOS JAN-6188 from Parts Express.post #3128 of 60101/12/13 at 2:35pmpost #3129 of 60101/12/13 at 4:08pmpost #3130 of 60101/20/13 at 8:16pm
OT here but just want to ask if anybody have a lead for a pair of type 26/UX226 tubes? Preferrably "globe" type.
I posted this here as I figure that enthusiast who collects 6SN7 tubes might know some leads for buying the type of tube I am inquiring.
Abepost #3131 of 60101/20/13 at 9:48pmThread Starter
Good Luck!post #3132 of 60101/20/13 at 10:02pm
Would these be Bad Boys?
The seller claims they are a matched pair but the plates look slightly different and the date Dec 1959 seems way after the 1952-53 Bad Boy period. They look like 3 hole black plates with copper rods though.
Thankspost #3133 of 60101/20/13 at 10:23pmThread Starter
The left looks like a Sylvania and the right like a Hytron.
It could be old stock rebranded in 1959, the left one does look like a genuine Bad Boy.
BTW the seller is good, and gives a 14 day money back option.
He tends to call most his Sylvanias Bad Boys, even if they are not.post #3134 of 60101/20/13 at 10:39pmQuote:Originally Posted by rosgr63
Thank you very much!Return Home
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › CanJam Singapore 2017 (March 11-12, 2017) 49 seconds ago
- › 64 Audio | apex | tia 1 minute ago
- › NEW! SONY NW-A30 SERIES 1 minute ago
- › AEON, MrSpeakers' New Closed Back Planar Magnetic Headphone 2 minutes ago
- › Monoprice Monolith M1060 and M560 Planar Headphones 2 minutes ago
- › Looking for a tube headphone amp with deep soundstage. 2 minutes ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 3 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Grado SR100. 5 minutes ago
- › Onkyo Over Ear Headphone (H900MB/27) by Sonic Defender
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by peter1480
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by Army-Firedawg
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by wdetterman
- › Holo Audio Spring DAC - Level 1 "Base Model" by T Bone
- › FiiO X1-II High Resolution Lossless Music Player (2nd Generation)... by gemmoglock
- › Effect Audio X Empire Ears : "Arthur" by justrest
- › iBasso Audio DX80 High Resolution Audio Player by Nymphonomaniac
- › DUNU DN-2000J by EZE99
- › AudioQuest - Nighthawk Headphones by snapacap
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear