- 1,225 Posts. Joined 1/2007
- Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 6/4/10 at 4:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Prior to owning the Ref 1, Tralucent Audio was primarily known to me for it Uber cable as well as its silver/gold cable. I own both cables terminated for Fitear customs. I have had the Ref 1...
Introduction – As the current flagship of the young company Brainwavz, the R3 has a quite a lot on its shoulders. Utilizing a relatively new dual-dynamic driver configuration, uncommon with most...
Disclaimer: a. I am in no way affiliated with Fiio b. The X1 audition was a part of a world tour audition. c. There is no monetary or in kind gain due to the audition. With the disclaimer...
I'd say this is a great set of IEMs for its price if you're looking for that consumer v-shaped sound sig. It's not the most balanced sound sig, but for what it is, it sounds pretty good. The mids...
As of September 2014, the HE-400 has been discontinued, and it's successor, the HE-400i is being sold in its place. So why publish, or even read, a review now? First, there are many used...
- Headphone Impedance
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 208
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
dminches, that's beautiful! Yeah, where did you get it? Ok, just read upward after this post. That's an excellent idea!!!
Edited by Silent One - 12/29/12 at 4:36pm
Any opinions about Canadian Marconi 6SN7 GTB as output tubes for a DIY amp for Stax 009? The amp sounds great to me, way better than with the Sovteks that were in it before (not surprisingly).
How different are the CBS red label GTB's from the GT's? Turns out the seller tagged the tubes as GT's but upon closer inspection of the pics, they said GTB's. Similar in most other aspects except for the bottle being slightly shorter. the top circular label says GT though.
Edited by mikey8811 - 1/4/13 at 6:53pm
They appear the same structurally to me so you should be okay. After a point the Hytron tubes became rebrands when Hytron themselves were absorbed into other companies. Yours are still Hytron made judging from the photo. I suspect there would be little to no difference between them and an older GT version sound wise.
Yes, they do look the same but it is all very confusing. I read elsewhere (i think on the Reference thread) that only the white labels are Hytrons. The red label CBS GT's and especially the GTB's are relabelled GE GTB's which sound ordinary.
Tung-Sol 6SU7GTY update.
They come in three flavours:
Black Glass Round Plates, parallelogram mica.
Black Glass Round Plates, round mica.
Clear Glass Flat Plates, triple mica.
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › OnePlus One 7 seconds ago
- › DAP-off: Astell&Kern AK240, HiFiMAN HM-901, Sony ZX-1, FiiO X5 +... 40 seconds ago
- › The Xiaomi Pistons Thread 2.0 52 seconds ago
- › New Schiit! Ragnarok and Yggdrasil 1 minute ago
- › portable+comfy+musical+isolated+over ear+sub100$? 1 minute ago
- › The best headphones that give you a real fun experience when... 2 minutes ago
- › Final Audio Design Impressions and Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › $999 Calyx M with DXD + DSD, 64GB + SD + µSD storage 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 3 minutes ago
- › Tralucent Audio Ref 1 by Kiats
- › Brainwavz R3 Revised Edition by Audiophile1811
- › FiiO X1 Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by hitchhiker
- › Xiaomi Pistons 2.0 MK301 by Midgetguy
- › HiFiMAN HE-400 by Rajikaru
- › MyST 1866 by cleg
- › The Enigma by Levaix
- › Bowers & Wilkins C5 S2 In-Ear Headphones, Black by twister6
- › MEElectronics M9-BK Hi-Fi Sound-Isolating Earphones (Black) by lin0003
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by Michaelc136
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)