- 1,206 Posts. Joined 1/2007
- Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 6/4/10 at 4:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 1/8/14 at 2:00am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
(Note - XL ear pads are installed. The sound will be judged based on that.) Introduction: I purchased these headphones mainly out of curiosity. I was reading reviews and watching youtubers...
Accessories: Includes a pouch and cable. Pouch is well-built, compact, and stylish. Soft, flexible cable has never tangled for me in my time with it. Right angled jack is durable and well-relieved....
First off, I would like to thank Noisehush for sending me the NX85's! I'll get into the review now. Packaging: The NX85 come in a sturdy black card board box. It is all black, except the...
The LH Labs Geek Out had a lot to live up to. A good 7+ months ago, the Geek Out started as a concept. This concept was to bring a high quality audio experience into a small and affordable device....
If you like electric music or hip hop rap,this is it,but if you want a more balanced sound you better go for the sennheiser momentum or ue6000.
- Headphone Impedance
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 208
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
dminches, that's beautiful! Yeah, where did you get it? Ok, just read upward after this post. That's an excellent idea!!!
Edited by Silent One - 12/29/12 at 4:36pm
Any opinions about Canadian Marconi 6SN7 GTB as output tubes for a DIY amp for Stax 009? The amp sounds great to me, way better than with the Sovteks that were in it before (not surprisingly).
How different are the CBS red label GTB's from the GT's? Turns out the seller tagged the tubes as GT's but upon closer inspection of the pics, they said GTB's. Similar in most other aspects except for the bottle being slightly shorter. the top circular label says GT though.
Edited by mikey8811 - 1/4/13 at 6:53pm
They appear the same structurally to me so you should be okay. After a point the Hytron tubes became rebrands when Hytron themselves were absorbed into other companies. Yours are still Hytron made judging from the photo. I suspect there would be little to no difference between them and an older GT version sound wise.
Yes, they do look the same but it is all very confusing. I read elsewhere (i think on the Reference thread) that only the white labels are Hytrons. The red label CBS GT's and especially the GTB's are relabelled GE GTB's which sound ordinary.
Tung-Sol 6SU7GTY update.
They come in three flavours:
Black Glass Round Plates, parallelogram mica.
Black Glass Round Plates, round mica.
Clear Glass Flat Plates, triple mica.
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 14 seconds ago
- › [Review] Oppo PM-1, Oppo hit the nail on the head 22 seconds ago
- › ALO RX MK3 B - Great Condition 25 seconds ago
- › Toxic Cables - The Appreciation Thread 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 1 minute ago
- › Grado Fan Club! 1 minute ago
- › New Audeze LCD3 1 minute ago
- › Samsung Galaxy S5 audio review 1 minute ago
- › The NEW Headphone Lounge Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Best DAC/Amp for Sennheiser 650 Headphones ? (Budget: Around 500 $CA) 2 minutes ago
- › V-MODA Crossfade M-100 by zach8278
- › Ultimate Ears UE4000 Headphones by gopats1479
- › NoiseHush NX85 Stereo 3.5mm Headset with Mic - Retail Packaging -... by Mathewsa
- › LHLabs Geek Out by bhazard
- › Monster Inspiration by betterthan1122
- › Meridian Explorer by zolkis
- › Beyerdynamic T51P Tesla Headphone - Silver by twister6
- › FiiO E17 by zach8278
- › T-Peos H-300 - 3 Way Hybrid by White Lotus
- › Beats Studio Over-Ear Headphone (Black) - NEW by 2001Audiophile
- › How to find the Tokyo e-earphone shop by Currawong
- › The Best BASS Headphones ( a Head-Fi Wiki) by Hawaiibadboy
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (In-Ear... by joe
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by jude
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide (Over-Ear... by joe
- › Adjusting bias on Stax tube amplifiers by ardilla
- › Headphone Power Calculator Spreadsheet by robrob
- › Headphone-to-Speaker-Amp Interface With... by robrob
- › Headphone Resistor Network Calculator by robrob
- › 2013 Head-Fi Winter Gift Guide by jude