- 1,262 Posts. Joined 1/2007
- Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 2/26/15 at 2:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Sony walkman A-10 review PACKAGING : so simple .. just the player,cable and...
Build I've had a lot of headphones in the past and prior to this I thought in the sub 300 price category the Beyer DT990/880 were the best, they certainly still are at the top of the chart but this...
A Brief Review of the FiiO X3 2nd Generation DAP with Comparisons to the Xuelin iHiFi 800. Firstly, I would like to thank Mr. James Chung for allowing this preview of FiiO’s new X3...
Hello all in Head Fi community. This is my first ever review in this forum.I am not an expert in reviewing so I will only use very simple term or definition to convey my message. I just received...
My colleague owns a pair of HD 580. Their sound is very versatile, bass and highs are extended perfectly. Despite that, extreme ends never flood the mids. Whatever you listen to, they will not let...
- Headphone Impedance
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 208
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
dminches, that's beautiful! Yeah, where did you get it? Ok, just read upward after this post. That's an excellent idea!!!
Edited by Silent One - 12/29/12 at 4:36pm
Any opinions about Canadian Marconi 6SN7 GTB as output tubes for a DIY amp for Stax 009? The amp sounds great to me, way better than with the Sovteks that were in it before (not surprisingly).
How different are the CBS red label GTB's from the GT's? Turns out the seller tagged the tubes as GT's but upon closer inspection of the pics, they said GTB's. Similar in most other aspects except for the bottle being slightly shorter. the top circular label says GT though.
Edited by mikey8811 - 1/4/13 at 6:53pm
They appear the same structurally to me so you should be okay. After a point the Hytron tubes became rebrands when Hytron themselves were absorbed into other companies. Yours are still Hytron made judging from the photo. I suspect there would be little to no difference between them and an older GT version sound wise.
Yes, they do look the same but it is all very confusing. I read elsewhere (i think on the Reference thread) that only the white labels are Hytrons. The red label CBS GT's and especially the GTB's are relabelled GE GTB's which sound ordinary.
Tung-Sol 6SU7GTY update.
They come in three flavours:
Black Glass Round Plates, parallelogram mica.
Black Glass Round Plates, round mica.
Clear Glass Flat Plates, triple mica.
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 15 seconds ago
- › The FiiO X3 2nd gen (ex X3K, X3II) Thread : 192K/24B,... 25 seconds ago
- › Echobox: The Unveiling @ CES 2015 42 seconds ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 1 minute ago
- › Downsizing! HD700, He-400i, Denon D2000. Price Drops! 1 minute ago
- › The Fiio X5 Thread 1 minute ago
- › Let's Discuss Your Raspberry Pi Setups 1 minute ago
- › Schiit SYS Passive Preamp 1 minute ago
- › AKG k550 alternate ear pads? 3 minutes ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Impressions Thread 3 minutes ago
- › Sony Walkman NWZ-A10 by Mmet
- › Philips Fidelio X2 by Zulkr9
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by jdog
- › ZERO AUDIO-ear stereo headphone carbo Basso ZH-DX210-CB by AzimAkbar
- › Sennheiser HD540 Reference Headphones by homesicalien
- › Aurisonics Rockets Solo Precision Micro-Dynamic Noise Isolating... by acain
- › Incipio f38 Headphones by ahnvx
- › Bose® IE2 audio headphones by Sarurururu
- › Baldoor EarBell E100 by Ruwetuin
- › Sennheiser MOMENTUM On-Ear Headphone by mark2410
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2