- 1,280 Posts. Joined 1/2007
- Location: Cherry Hill, NJ
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 2/26/15 at 2:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 7/16/15 at 1:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
REVIEW FOR THE APOGEE GROOVE ABOUT ME Let me introduce myself my name is Adam I am a 38 years old, I have been into audio equipment since I was in highschool. I don’t consider myself an...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual images INTRODUCTION I’ve been lucky on my Head-Fi journey to meet and converse with some wonderful people who...
I tried these from a shop, they did look very nice when first spotted. I wanted some nice speakers to use with my laptop, and that could be transported if I was going away for some time. The...
A company whose products give me endless enjoyment, they fulfill every need I personally look for in audio...
First off I want to apologize for taking so long to get this review put together. Circumstances and family responsibility have conspired against me this year in regards to being able put together a...
- Headphone Impedance
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 208
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
dminches, that's beautiful! Yeah, where did you get it? Ok, just read upward after this post. That's an excellent idea!!!
Edited by Silent One - 12/29/12 at 4:36pm
Any opinions about Canadian Marconi 6SN7 GTB as output tubes for a DIY amp for Stax 009? The amp sounds great to me, way better than with the Sovteks that were in it before (not surprisingly).
How different are the CBS red label GTB's from the GT's? Turns out the seller tagged the tubes as GT's but upon closer inspection of the pics, they said GTB's. Similar in most other aspects except for the bottle being slightly shorter. the top circular label says GT though.
Edited by mikey8811 - 1/4/13 at 6:53pm
They appear the same structurally to me so you should be okay. After a point the Hytron tubes became rebrands when Hytron themselves were absorbed into other companies. Yours are still Hytron made judging from the photo. I suspect there would be little to no difference between them and an older GT version sound wise.
Yes, they do look the same but it is all very confusing. I read elsewhere (i think on the Reference thread) that only the white labels are Hytrons. The red label CBS GT's and especially the GTB's are relabelled GE GTB's which sound ordinary.
Tung-Sol 6SU7GTY update.
They come in three flavours:
Black Glass Round Plates, parallelogram mica.
Black Glass Round Plates, round mica.
Clear Glass Flat Plates, triple mica.
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › "The Lab" 1 minute ago
- › Krell KSA 5 Clone (China) 3 minutes ago
- › RHA - T20 - Impressions, Reviews, and questions 6 minutes ago
- › Three Word Story 6 minutes ago
- › Three New Amps on Preorder from Audio-GD (C-2 11th Anniversary... 6 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic 32Ohm Help 6 minutes ago
- › Music City Meet, 4th Edition -- Nashville, TN -- Fall 2015... 7 minutes ago
- › W/Rap Sucks 2.0..............................Rap/HipHop... 8 minutes ago
- › The MMA thread (Affliction, UFC, DREAM, Strikeforce, etc.) 8 minutes ago
- › iDAC2 is here. #1 Winner is......(page 30) Also FREE DSD/PCM... 8 minutes ago
- › Apogee GROOVE Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier for Mac and PC by acain
- › Noble Audio Savant by Brooko
- › Bose® Computer MusicMonitor® -- Silver by labrat
- › Harman Kardon AE1 In Ear Headphones by Army-Firedawg
- › RHA T20 by dweaver
- › Bluetooth receiver dual amplifier class1 NFC (black) [Japan Import] by peter123
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by Mediahound
- › CEntrance HiFi-M8 by Mediahound
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by Mediahound
- › Audeze LCD3 Planar Magnetic Headphone by Mediahound
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3