Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › 6SN7 Tube Addicts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 199

post #2971 of 4267

Nice looking valve.

post #2972 of 4267
Thread Starter 

As you see David the addiction hasn't stopped.

 

How can I refuse such a nice looking tube?

I hope it sounds good. 

post #2973 of 4267

It never stops.  I recently purchased 4 tubes and I don't have any equipment that uses them.  How sick is that?

post #2974 of 4267
Thread Starter 

Not really, I often buy vintage tubes which I can't and never will use.

 

My excuse is that they look nice!!!!!

post #2975 of 4267

Hello guys,
A few months ago I posted in this thread, seeking for adivce, which was given to me and I am greatfull for that.
I have completed my first audiophile set that includes La Figaro 336C amplifier with Chatham 6AS7G and Raytheon 6SN7GTB tubes, Beyerdynamic DT 990 600ohm and ODAC. I'm very happy with it and the tubes well worth their quite low price and made a difference compared to the stock ones.
Now there comes a time when I would like to further invest into tubes as tuberolling looks fun, althought it's very hard to do so here from Europe where the shippment lasts forever:).
I have been doing the shopping on the site http://www.vacuumtubes.net and I will continue to do so.
I have my eye on Tung-Sol 5998 together with Ken-Rad black glass ( is it the VT-231?) if it occurs to be the Ken Rad VT-231. Would you say anything about this set? Would you recommend me any other set of tubes till let's say 150$, the driver and output tube.

Thank you for understaning.

post #2976 of 4267
Quote:
Originally Posted by dminches View Post

It never stops.  I recently purchased 4 tubes and I don't have any equipment that uses them.  How sick is that?

I have whole collections of tubes that I don't have equipment for! But in my defense, most of those were for gear I used to own. Not all though! I have an incredible collection of 6SJ7GT's, 6SL7's, 6FD7/6DE7/6EW7, 6V6's, 12AU7's...none of which are needed by my current equipment.
post #2977 of 4267

Looks like remnants of your Woo and your AES PHI.  6SL7s are as fun to collect as 6SN7s.

post #2978 of 4267
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMatterWhat View Post

Hello guys,
A few months ago I posted in this thread, seeking for adivce, which was given to me and I am greatfull for that.
I have completed my first audiophile set that includes La Figaro 336C amplifier with Chatham 6AS7G and Raytheon 6SN7GTB tubes, Beyerdynamic DT 990 600ohm and ODAC. I'm very happy with it and the tubes well worth their quite low price and made a difference compared to the stock ones.
Now there comes a time when I would like to further invest into tubes as tuberolling looks fun, althought it's very hard to do so here from Europe where the shippment lasts forever:).
I have been doing the shopping on the site http://www.vacuumtubes.net and I will continue to do so.
I have my eye on Tung-Sol 5998 together with Ken-Rad black glass ( is it the VT-231?) if it occurs to be the Ken Rad VT-231. Would you say anything about this set? Would you recommend me any other set of tubes till let's say 150$, the driver and output tube.

Thank you for understaning.

 

The Tung-Sol 5998 are very nice tubes.

The Ken-Rad VT-231 are not everybody's favourite but worth trying.

post #2979 of 4267
Quote:
Originally Posted by dminches View Post

Looks like remnants of your Woo and your AES PHI.  6SL7s are as fun to collect as 6SN7s.

Remnants of Woo, AES, DarkVoice, and Decware...redface.gif
post #2980 of 4267
Thread Starter 

David I think we should start thinking about New Year's resolution from now............. No More Tubes

 

How long do you think is going to last?

post #2981 of 4267

Stavros, New Years is on a Tuesday.  I doubt I will last the week if I have an internet connection.

post #2982 of 4267
Thread Starter 

WOW!

 

That long?

 

Mine may not see Tuesday afternoon, unless the therapy I am going through now works.

post #2983 of 4267
David knows I was close to buying that lot of 1,000 Thompson France 6080WAs biggrin.gif
post #2984 of 4267
Thread Starter 

Come on Rob, I thought you were here to chastise me and David so we stop buying tubes...........

post #2985 of 4267

ROFL because of you two...er three I'll go ahead and lump in Rob. tongue_smile.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post

WOW!

 

That long?

 

Mine may not see Tuesday afternoon, unless the therapy I am going through now works.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › 6SN7 Tube Addicts