Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › 6SN7 Tube Addicts
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 194

post #2896 of 4283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid-Fi View Post

Thanks Xcalibur, that sounds enticing! I appreciate the link. Now to find a pair together.
So these are just called 6SN7 GT with no other distinction? It seems there are so many variations of Sylvania 6SN7, and that's before even knowing about this one.
Thanks again!

 

I am running a pair of 596 in my WA5-LE and I would recommend you the TS BG/RP 6F8G with Gelnn's adapters or surprisingly the Ken-Rad VT231 BG also matches great with great bass and very nice top end too.

post #2897 of 4283

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm looking forward to finding a tube that has great synergy with the 596 on my system and with my headphones. Right now, I think I prefer the Princess with my current tubes. That being said, I think the 596 has higher potential once I find the right fit.


I've been curious about the Ken-Rad VT231 BG as they are much more affordable and easier to find than the TS BGRP. Based on my 596 adapter from Glenn, which is extremely well built and has zero microphonics, I really need to get a set of adapters for 6F8G soon. The Woo Audio adapters I had (sold them) picked up microphonics from my rectifier tubes.

 

How would you compare the Ken-Rad you mentioned with the RCA VT231 smoke glass. Have you heard? It seems like the Ken-Rad is described similar to my impressions of the RCA.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman59 View Post

 

I am running a pair of 596 in my WA5-LE and I would recommend you the TS BG/RP 6F8G with Gelnn's adapters or surprisingly the Ken-Rad VT231 BG also matches great with great bass and very nice top end too.

post #2898 of 4283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sid-Fi View Post

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm looking forward to finding a tube that has great synergy with the 596 on my system and with my headphones. Right now, I think I prefer the Princess with my current tubes. That being said, I think the 596 has higher potential once I find the right fit.


I've been curious about the Ken-Rad VT231 BG as they are much more affordable and easier to find than the TS BGRP. Based on my 596 adapter from Glenn, which is extremely well built and has zero microphonics, I really need to get a set of adapters for 6F8G soon. The Woo Audio adapters I had (sold them) picked up microphonics from my rectifier tubes.

 

How would you compare the Ken-Rad you mentioned with the RCA VT231 smoke glass. Have you heard? It seems like the Ken-Rad is described similar to my impressions of the RCA.

 

I have the RCA too but I have not listen to them in long time. I wil compare them over the weekend and report back.

post #2899 of 4283

Nice, thank you. Look forward to your impressions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by musicman59 View Post

I have the RCA too but I have not listen to them in long time. I wil compare them over the weekend and report back.

post #2900 of 4283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

And this hobby is very sneaky, I might add.evil_smiley.gif
And as i just found out..a very expensive one if ur not carefull.. biggrin.gif
post #2901 of 4283
Thread Starter 

I am afraid it's very expensive even if you are careful.

post #2902 of 4283
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post

I am afraid it's very expensive even if you are careful.
I know that now....before i knew it.. today i ordered a pair of tung sols 5998's, a pair of rca 5693's reds and a pair of GEC Curved Brown Base 6AS7G A1834 CV2523 tubes and friday i will order a pair of rca vintage 1953's tubes..dont know exact model yet..is this the beginning of the end? biggrin.gif
post #2903 of 4283
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosgr63 View Post

I am afraid it's very expensive even if you are careful.

 

Stavros, I was just about to type that!

post #2904 of 4283
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post


I know that now....before i knew it.. today i ordered a pair of tung sols 5998's, a pair of rca 5693's reds and a pair of GEC Curved Brown Base 6AS7G A1834 CV2523 tubes and friday i will order a pair of rca vintage 1953's tubes..dont know exact model yet..is this the beginning of the end? biggrin.gif

 

Are you following my paypal account?  I too ordered the 5998s and the GEC 6AS7Gs. Did you order them from Langrex?

post #2905 of 4283
Thread Starter 

John is good actually and ships the same day.

 

Nice tubes enjoy them.

post #2906 of 4283
[INDENT[/INDENT]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dminches View Post

Are you following my paypal account?  I too ordered the 5998s and the GEC 6AS7Gs. Did you order them from Langrex?
No not from langrex..mine come from a seller in uk..can u give me the url of langrex? So maybe i can find other tubes?
Thanks
post #2907 of 4283
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post

[INDENT[/INDENT]
No not from langrex..mine come from a seller in uk..can u give me the url of langrex? So maybe i can find other tubes?
Thanks

 

http://stores.ebay.com/langrex

 

who is your uk seller?

post #2908 of 4283

Langrex is hardly a secret: http://www.langrex.co.uk/

 

Incidentally, Langrex (http://stores.ebay.co.uk/LANGREX) and Colomor (http://stores.ebay.co.uk/COLOMOR-VALVES-TUBES-COMPONENTS) are located in the same village (Billingshurst) on opposite sides of the railway line.

post #2909 of 4283
Quote:
Originally Posted by hifimanrookie View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

And this hobby is very sneaky, I might add.evil_smiley.gif
And as i just found out..a very expensive one if ur not carefull.. biggrin.gif

 

Oh, we only use "careful" when it relates to high voltages, not high costs. 

post #2910 of 4283
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oskari View Post

Langrex is hardly a secret: http://www.langrex.co.uk/

 

Incidentally, Langrex (http://stores.ebay.co.uk/LANGREX) and Colomor (http://stores.ebay.co.uk/COLOMOR-VALVES-TUBES-COMPONENTS) are located in the same village (Billingshurst) on opposite sides of the railway line.

 

And one of them was a Mullard Engineer.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silent One View Post

 

Oh, we only use "careful" when it relates to high voltages, not high costs. 

 

 

I like it, how very true.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Headphone Amps (full-size) › 6SN7 Tube Addicts