Thanks for everyone's response! There's no way I'm going to ship it back, but now I'm rest assured to use the tube :D
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 6/4/10 at 4:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/19/13 at 8:49pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Edited on 11/14/12
- Headphone ImpedanceEdited on 8/18/12
First Impressions: Well, when I first used these, I used them in the same place I'd expect myself to continue using these, on the go from place to place, and while at places outside the...
I bought these this week from amazon.co.uk for £10 including delivery. That's US $15. Packaging, appearance, warranty, euro-nanny knows best: Mine arrived in the small European packaging box,...
Absolutely beautiful little player. It's just a gorgeous chunk of tech that feels good to hold. For me personally tech has to have form as well as function and the AK120 doesn't disappoint on...
I agree w most reviews that these does not warrant the $499 MSRP. (Then rather opt for D5k, D7k). BUT - at the +-$230 range I got them at (Amazon warehouse) - these are VERY good value for...
Disclaimer- This review has been written based on past 2 year’s observations. I am not a part of the audio industry or trade and I represent no one but myself, and this review is written...
- Headphone Impedance
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 178
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
If the glass isn't genuinely loose against the base the tube is still okay Adrian. The crack won't affecft its performance or lifetime. I have/had several mouse ear tubes that were like this, it affects a lot of the early 50's tung sol 6SN7s. If I were you I'd still keep the tube as rosgr63 recommended.
Anybody know how much a TSRP with a cracked base should be discounted? Say you bought the tube for $200 and the seller missed the crack. How much of a refund should I ask for? I'm testing the tube now; the bulb is firm, and it sounds fine. It's a fairly rare round mica so I want to keep it.
I heard many NOS TSRPs have cracked bases. It's due to being hastily pulled off the burn in rack at the factory - by gorillas I presume. Well, it was wartime, so the factory had to churn them out.
The Sylvania 6SN7W metal base suffer from base cracks too.
BTW Glenn's amp could even handle a 6AS7G as a driver!
There is an SP model that can run 12SN7's with an external power supply.
The 12SN7>6SN7 adaptor option is the best as you can still use the 6SN7's.
We take it upon your finding this out...you did it. So, how did it sound with 6AS7G as drive tube?
Currently in-session with Sade - "Keep Looking" Track time 05:22:05
Are you still in the lab taking notes on the 6SN7 killa? I admire your efforts to advance our place in this hobby.
Edited by Silent One - 8/22/12 at 12:56am
Seems like I am going to have to start paying more attention to this thread again. My passion for tube rolling has just been revived and I know Rob will see the irony in this but I have put down my name to get an official unit after this past weekends tube frolicking. #link#
so to start - how far off from the bad boys are the new shuguang's ?
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › sennheiser ie80 sound muffled 15 seconds ago
- › HiFiMAN HM-901 - a review in progress with updated impressions on... 48 seconds ago
- › Themed Monthly Avatar Committee (TMAC) discussion thread 2 minutes ago
- › HELP ME DECIDE PLEASE! 2 minutes ago
- › Johnblue JB3 speakers 2 minutes ago
- › VSonic VSD1/VSD1S - Any Reviews Yet? 3 minutes ago
- › INEARCUSTOM - Cheapest re-shell ever? 4 minutes ago
- › FiiO " Flagship " portable amp Mont Blanc/E12 discussing thread,... 4 minutes ago
- › Htc One 5 minutes ago
- › The Astell & Kern AK120 6 minutes ago
- › JVC Victor Head-band Portable Headphones | HA-S500-B Black... by daleb
- › Koss KSC75 Portable Stereophone Headphones by julian67
- › Astell & Kern AK120 by GSARider
- › Denon AH-D600 by johangrb
- › Sennheiser HD 250 Linear II by xEcuToR
- › Sennheiser CX150 Ear-Canal Phones by BadMoose
- › Rhapsodio RDB+ 2v1 by svyr
- › Audio-technica AIR Dynamic Headphones Ath-ad1000x by a_recording
- › Schiit Valhalla by Rem0o
- › Sony MDR-XB500 40mm XB Diaphragm Driver Extra Bass Headphones by derbigpr
- › Syncing music and making playlists work with... by Currawong
- › Mac OS X Music Players - alternatives to iTunes by miceblue
- › STAX SR-007 (Omega II) ... A Review After 4... by Currawong
- › List of lossless and high-res music (FLAC,... by ffivaz
- › Beware of the following scams and people... by Currawong
- › Sennheiser 449 Mod Possibly 4 8 Mod by hernan604
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Computer Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Portable... by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Desktop Audio) by joe
- › 2012 Head-Fi Holiday Gift Guide (Headphone... by joe