Thanks for everyone's response! There's no way I'm going to ship it back, but now I'm rest assured to use the tube :D
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 2/26/15 at 2:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 7/16/15 at 1:27am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Not too long ago, I was a lowly noob looking for my first headphones. I waded through the murky waters of terminology I couldn’t understand and brands I’d never heard of before. Over time, some...
Eddie Current's Zana Deux reviewed... Pre-amble - the Zana Deux original vs the new Zana Deux Super... - There are two versions of this tube amplifier. Both are output transformerless (OTL)...
This review will cover the X5ii, comparing it to the Pono player and the original X5. I have a Pono in my possession now. I unfortunately sold my original X5 prior to receiving the review sample,...
Alright, so I am not an audiophile by any means, my entire experience of headphelia is just using cheap IEMs but after trying some expensive beats, I knew I needed something more. And if your like...
This is a review of Audeze EL-8C closed back planar magnetic full size headphones: https://www.audeze.com/products/el-8-collection/el-8-closed-back, with a bonus review of Audeze Deckard desktop...
- Headphone Impedance
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 178
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
If the glass isn't genuinely loose against the base the tube is still okay Adrian. The crack won't affecft its performance or lifetime. I have/had several mouse ear tubes that were like this, it affects a lot of the early 50's tung sol 6SN7s. If I were you I'd still keep the tube as rosgr63 recommended.
Anybody know how much a TSRP with a cracked base should be discounted? Say you bought the tube for $200 and the seller missed the crack. How much of a refund should I ask for? I'm testing the tube now; the bulb is firm, and it sounds fine. It's a fairly rare round mica so I want to keep it.
I heard many NOS TSRPs have cracked bases. It's due to being hastily pulled off the burn in rack at the factory - by gorillas I presume. Well, it was wartime, so the factory had to churn them out.
The Sylvania 6SN7W metal base suffer from base cracks too.
BTW Glenn's amp could even handle a 6AS7G as a driver!
There is an SP model that can run 12SN7's with an external power supply.
The 12SN7>6SN7 adaptor option is the best as you can still use the 6SN7's.
We take it upon your finding this out...you did it. So, how did it sound with 6AS7G as drive tube?
Currently in-session with Sade - "Keep Looking" Track time 05:22:05
Are you still in the lab taking notes on the 6SN7 killa? I admire your efforts to advance our place in this hobby.
Edited by Silent One - 8/22/12 at 12:56am
Seems like I am going to have to start paying more attention to this thread again. My passion for tube rolling has just been revived and I know Rob will see the irony in this but I have put down my name to get an official unit after this past weekends tube frolicking. #link#
so to start - how far off from the bad boys are the new shuguang's ?
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Review of Schiit Audio FULLA usb dongle DAC/amp w/pics!!! 23 seconds ago
- › A Bit of Music and a Bit of Fun 2 minutes ago
- › Tidal Lossless Streaming 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T5p 5 minutes ago
- › ***NEW*** Cavalli Audio's Liquid Carbon... a $599 Cavalli amp??? 6 minutes ago
- › Honor AM12 Review by mark2410 8 minutes ago
- › Xiaomi Piston 3 Review by mark2410 9 minutes ago
- › New custom IEM company - Custom Art: discussion, review, and... 9 minutes ago
- › The Stax Thread III 10 minutes ago
- › Cavalli Audio Liquid Carbon by Stillhart
- › Eddie Current Zana Deux SE by mikoss
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by fleasbaby
- › Sennheiser HD 598 by LandonO
- › Audeze EL-8 Closed-Back by twister6
- › Yamaha HPH-MT220BL by RushNerd
- › Klipsch Image X10 Noise-Isolating Earphone by achelgeson
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by krishtrinity1
- › Philips SHE3590BK/10 In-Ear Headphones (Black) by nauhid
- › SoundMAGIC E50 / E50S by RedJohn456
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3