Thanks for everyone's response! There's no way I'm going to ship it back, but now I'm rest assured to use the tube :D
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 6/4/10 at 4:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
i've read a number of reviews around the net which criticize the k812's for harsh treble and limited bass - all i can say is that my experience with these 'phones does NOT bear that out. the bass...
I like to mod…yes, I am one of those head-fiers. My specific area of interest is Grados, and wooden cups for them. I delight in sourcing cups, finding the drivers, and transforming a prosaic...
The Korean company really needs no introduction at this point. They have proven themselves as a capable IEM maker with a series of top of the line hybrid as well as some good sound yet budget...
These iems are better than some entry levels (Shure 215/ hifiman RE0/ RE 400/ Sennheiser CX300) with a wider soundstage due to the 13mm dynamic driver , however need serious burn in for at least 50...
First, I’d like to thank the folks at Narmoo for providing a sample of their R1M earphones for review. In recent years, the IEM market has sort of exploded, seeing a number of established...
- Headphone Impedance
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 178
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
If the glass isn't genuinely loose against the base the tube is still okay Adrian. The crack won't affecft its performance or lifetime. I have/had several mouse ear tubes that were like this, it affects a lot of the early 50's tung sol 6SN7s. If I were you I'd still keep the tube as rosgr63 recommended.
Anybody know how much a TSRP with a cracked base should be discounted? Say you bought the tube for $200 and the seller missed the crack. How much of a refund should I ask for? I'm testing the tube now; the bulb is firm, and it sounds fine. It's a fairly rare round mica so I want to keep it.
I heard many NOS TSRPs have cracked bases. It's due to being hastily pulled off the burn in rack at the factory - by gorillas I presume. Well, it was wartime, so the factory had to churn them out.
The Sylvania 6SN7W metal base suffer from base cracks too.
BTW Glenn's amp could even handle a 6AS7G as a driver!
There is an SP model that can run 12SN7's with an external power supply.
The 12SN7>6SN7 adaptor option is the best as you can still use the 6SN7's.
We take it upon your finding this out...you did it. So, how did it sound with 6AS7G as drive tube?
Currently in-session with Sade - "Keep Looking" Track time 05:22:05
Are you still in the lab taking notes on the 6SN7 killa? I admire your efforts to advance our place in this hobby.
Edited by Silent One - 8/22/12 at 12:56am
Seems like I am going to have to start paying more attention to this thread again. My passion for tube rolling has just been revived and I know Rob will see the irony in this but I have put down my name to get an official unit after this past weekends tube frolicking. #link#
so to start - how far off from the bad boys are the new shuguang's ?
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Seattle Redhook Meet Saturday July 26th, 2014 31 seconds ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Owners Unite 1 minute ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › D.C. Area Meet (Saturday, July 26th, 2014) - part of CanMania @... 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO E12DIY Limited Edition Version---DIY your own sound ! 2 minutes ago
- › Official 2014 LA Head-Fi Meet, August 9, 2014, Marriott Warner Center 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 3 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 4 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 700 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › AKG K812 by jk47
- › Sennheiser Grado Hybrid a.k.a. SennGrado by fleasbaby
- › T-Peos Altone200 by ClieOS
- › SONY MDR-XB30EX-B Black | In-Ear EXTRA BASS Headphones (Japanese... by francopro
- › NarMoo R1M High-Fidelity Noise Isolation Headphones with Mic by TheGame21x
- › FiiO X3 Portable Music Player by ash47
- › Electric Avenues PA2V2 by shak85
- › C&C BH Portable Headphone Amp by shak85
- › Yamaha PRO 500 by cel4145
- › TDK BA200 by Ch1Kn
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Wireless Headphones)