Thanks for everyone's response! There's no way I'm going to ship it back, but now I'm rest assured to use the tube :D
Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 6/4/10 at 4:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 5/24/14 at 11:55am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
The HD600 is a pair of excellent sounding cans. They have a balanced, natural sound and the soundstage is remarkably large. I can hear all sorts of sounds while listening to these cans and I can...
Before I begin, I’d like to thank shotgunshane for the opportunity to review these new headphones. My first experience with Brainwavz was when I picked up their M4 a couple of years ago. I was...
I have used this amp for about a year now, and I must say it has served me well. POWER Through many different headphones, the FiiO E09K hasn't skipped a beat, and has driven everything from...
Using WASAPI, ASIO and onboard stock drivers yielded the exact same result. Same sound quality and same sound coloration. Unless you are suffering from serious EMI and static noise then these dont...
This is a review of TTPOD T1E dual dynamic driver in-ear headphones. http://penonaudio.com/TTPOD-T1E-Bass Here you go, another in-ear headphone gem for under $50! Though I was a bit skeptical...
- Headphone Impedance
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 178
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
If the glass isn't genuinely loose against the base the tube is still okay Adrian. The crack won't affecft its performance or lifetime. I have/had several mouse ear tubes that were like this, it affects a lot of the early 50's tung sol 6SN7s. If I were you I'd still keep the tube as rosgr63 recommended.
Anybody know how much a TSRP with a cracked base should be discounted? Say you bought the tube for $200 and the seller missed the crack. How much of a refund should I ask for? I'm testing the tube now; the bulb is firm, and it sounds fine. It's a fairly rare round mica so I want to keep it.
I heard many NOS TSRPs have cracked bases. It's due to being hastily pulled off the burn in rack at the factory - by gorillas I presume. Well, it was wartime, so the factory had to churn them out.
The Sylvania 6SN7W metal base suffer from base cracks too.
BTW Glenn's amp could even handle a 6AS7G as a driver!
There is an SP model that can run 12SN7's with an external power supply.
The 12SN7>6SN7 adaptor option is the best as you can still use the 6SN7's.
We take it upon your finding this out...you did it. So, how did it sound with 6AS7G as drive tube?
Currently in-session with Sade - "Keep Looking" Track time 05:22:05
Are you still in the lab taking notes on the 6SN7 killa? I admire your efforts to advance our place in this hobby.
Edited by Silent One - 8/22/12 at 12:56am
Seems like I am going to have to start paying more attention to this thread again. My passion for tube rolling has just been revived and I know Rob will see the irony in this but I have put down my name to get an official unit after this past weekends tube frolicking. #link#
so to start - how far off from the bad boys are the new shuguang's ?
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Music Game IX 10 seconds ago
- › High End CIEM/IEM Thread! 1 minute ago
- › Aurisonics ROCKETS: Appreciation Thread 4 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs) 5 minutes ago
- › Havi B3 Pro-1 Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Basically all the Bose bashing is baseless. 6 minutes ago
- › Woo Audio Amp Owner Unite 6 minutes ago
- › The Best Bass Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club") 6 minutes ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW dweaver's take Pioneer DJE1500 PG 1710!... 7 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 7 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by freedom04
- › Brainwavz S5 In Ear Headphones by ZapX629
- › FiiO E09K by MacroPower
- › FiiO Andes (E07K) Portable USB DAC and Headphone Amplifier -... by wigglepuff
- › TTPOD T1-E High Definition Dual Dynamic Professional In-ear Earphone by twister6
- › Havi B3 Pro 1 by bhazard
- › AKG K712 Pro by achelgeson
- › HiFiMAN HE-560 by Barra
- › PHILIPS-HEADPHONES SHQ1200/28 SHQ1200/28 SPORTS IN EAR HEADPHONES by dieTasse
- › Beats by Dr. Dre Tour In-Ear Headphones by juston
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Exercise Headphones)