Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 2/26/15 at 2:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Brainwavz IntroABOUT USBrainwavz provides high-end earphones specifically designed for high-quality sound and tailor-made to provide the user with a solution that can be used across a wide range of...
Sound Blaster X G5 The Gaming device with everything* we asked for A Little Context The G5 is part of Creative's "Blaster X" gamer focused line, cued after the name of the X7. I loved the...
Intro TL;DR: The Brainwavz XF200 is, in and of itself, an excellent sports IEM that will go the extra mile with you and then some. Before I begin, I would like to sincerely thank Pandora...
I must first and foremost give a large and heartfelt thank you to secondipity for reaching out to me and asking if I would be interested in reviewing some products offered by them. This is...
ZMF OMNI - REVIEW Zach and Luke are Ortho Docs Disclaimer: No mercy… though the Omni is merciful I really think the Omni can hold up to scrutiny very well. While I have been a long time...
- Headphone Impedance
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 174
The box is nice and is worth a penny or two.
As for the tube, try it and find out.
There is a lot of miss marking in tubes, best go by what you see.
The flying saucer style getter is a give away.
Just received a pair of Tung Sol 7236. However, one of the tubes seem to have developed what seems like rust around the edges of the base. Have attached some pics of the 'rust' below.
Is this normal with such tubes or should I request for an exchange?
Edited by DarknightDK - 8/11/12 at 8:45am
You can get such marks/spots in metal based tubes.
If it matches in values the other tube I wouldn't bother.
With Flitz paste they will come out nicely and the metal will shine like new.
Edited by rosgr63 - 8/11/12 at 9:05am
By far, the best post I read today!
John is right.
First you need to remove loose particles.
Then you can try and polish a small area and see what it looks like.
Avoid the markings.
Quick question regarding Sylvania 6SN7s: I got some "regular" ones with my WA22, marked GTB. I also had separately purchased some "coin-base" ones which are also marked GTB type. The construction of both looks the same to my untrained eye. Other than the shape of the base is there any other difference?
Thanks, and so do I, so do I! And they may add an interesting contrast to the other tubes depending on one's setup.
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
- › Cowon Plenue D 35 seconds ago
- › thebit Opus#1 DAP from South Korea 1 minute ago
- › Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 Discussion Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 3 minutes ago
- › [Review] AKG K545: A new benchmark in portable audio 4 minutes ago
- › Uncomfortable Sennheiser HD598s: return for something else (AD700x)... 5 minutes ago
- › iFi: NOS6922 Valve/Tube upgrade set (new product announcement!) 6 minutes ago
- › The Upcoming FiiO T3 | Dual SD slot | 3.2 inch full touch screen |... 6 minutes ago
- › Micro Idsd VS Mojo VS Fiio X7, Need Advice Pls 7 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Kaiser K10 CIEM 7 minutes ago
- › Brainwavz Truss - The All Metal Under Desk Dual Headphone Hanger... by Wokei
- › Creative Labs Sound BlasterX G5 by Evshrug
- › Brainwavz XFIT XF-200 In-Ear Sport Earbuds Noise Isolating... by thatBeatsguy
- › SONY MDRZX330BT/B Sony MDR ZX330BT - Headset - on-ear - wireless -... by Army-Firedawg
- › ZMF Headphones Omni by grizzlybeast
- › Schiit Gungnir by Aornic
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by meringo
- › OSTRY KC06 High Fidelity Stereo Inner-Ear Earphones by Aerosphere
- › oBravo ERIB-2a by FortisFlyer75
- › Unique Melody UM Maestro 12 driver IEM by shotgunshane
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear
- › All about iPod Touch 6G as digital transport
- › List of major HiFiMan HE1000 reviews,...
- › Can I change my user name? Can I delete my...
- › Table of Earphocalypse