Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 6/4/10 at 4:22pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 1/12/15 at 3:42pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Diy Beginners Guide
Last edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Hello Head-Fi It's been a while since I've participated here since I more or less found my end game and now I only have the urge to change my music player. Today I'll be writing about the AKG...
I bought these a year ago now and they are holding up great with my Vector Research amplifier. Bass is on 10 Mid on 6 and treble on 8. They sound fantastic and don't make any buzzing noises. I wear...
Here a short first impressions review of the AH-MM400. After unpacking I was truly amazed. The build-quality is far beyond anything I ever held in my hands with this price tag on it. If anybody...
My Setup Tested with my Dell XPS 8700 desktop going optical out to a Yamaha RX-V365 amp (1/4 inch headphone out). I played various files (FLAC, MP3, M4A) at different bit rates using...
I try to keep my reviews simple and understandable so I don't go into a large amount of detail with each part. There are others here that do an excellent job at very in depth and detailed reviews....
- Headphone Impedance
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 174
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
The box is nice and is worth a penny or two.
As for the tube, try it and find out.
There is a lot of miss marking in tubes, best go by what you see.
The flying saucer style getter is a give away.
Just received a pair of Tung Sol 7236. However, one of the tubes seem to have developed what seems like rust around the edges of the base. Have attached some pics of the 'rust' below.
Is this normal with such tubes or should I request for an exchange?
Edited by DarknightDK - 8/11/12 at 8:45am
You can get such marks/spots in metal based tubes.
If it matches in values the other tube I wouldn't bother.
With Flitz paste they will come out nicely and the metal will shine like new.
Edited by rosgr63 - 8/11/12 at 9:05am
By far, the best post I read today!
John is right.
First you need to remove loose particles.
Then you can try and polish a small area and see what it looks like.
Avoid the markings.
Quick question regarding Sylvania 6SN7s: I got some "regular" ones with my WA22, marked GTB. I also had separately purchased some "coin-base" ones which are also marked GTB type. The construction of both looks the same to my untrained eye. Other than the shape of the base is there any other difference?
Thanks, and so do I, so do I! And they may add an interesting contrast to the other tubes depending on one's setup.
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- › Good AMP for Fiio X1 2 seconds ago
- › Looking to get a USB DAC for around $300 3 seconds ago
- › KOSS ESP-950 Thread 24 seconds ago
- › NEW Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7 and ATH-MSR7LTD 39 seconds ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 53 seconds ago
- › REVIEW: Ostry KC06 1 minute ago
- › The Schiitstorm: Next-Gen Magni 2 and Modi 2 Family! 1 minute ago
- › The discovery thread.! NEW first look at the Zero Audio DuoZA iems... 1 minute ago
- › Looking for a better source for my microphone (a modmic) 1 minute ago
- › Audeze EL-8: The EL-8 is a must-hear at CES 2015 1 minute ago
- › AKG K551 Closed-Back Reference Class Headset with Mic (Black/Silver) by GL1TCH3D
- › JVC HAM55X High Quality Xtreme-Xplosvs Headphones by Thoft208
- › Denon AH-MM400 Music Maniac Over-Ear Headphones by musikaladin
- › beyerdynamic DT 990 Pro Headphones by rigodeni
- › Dunu TITAN 1 — titanium-coated diaphragm earphones by Zalithian
- › Sennheiser PX 95 Versatile On-Ear Headphones by inline79
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by serman005
- › ecp audio Black Diamond by Schopenhauer
- › FiiO E12 Mont Blanc by jamato8
- › JVC HA-FX750 Wood Dome Unit Earphone by dnun8086
- › The Great FiiO DAP FAQ Wiki
- › Audio Connections between components --...
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Introduction)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Over-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 2
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones) 3
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Gaming Headphones)