Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 2/26/15 at 2:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 12/6/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 12/16/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
Dynamic headphones by the primarily planar producing HiFiman, very good value(especially if you live in america). Detailed and strong treble, decent mids and midbass yet a little light on lower...
Confusingly, I think Sennheiser is rebranding the Momentum In-Ear (M2 IEi) headphones as HD 1 In-Ear – specifications and appearance are identical. I bought these when my Klipsch S4i started...
For larger views of any of the photos (1200 x 800) - please click on the individual imagesINTRODUCTIONEvery so often as a reviewer you get a surprise – something not quite expected. Sometimes its...
Hello, This is my first review on Head-Fi, or anywhere else for that matter. I will not go through the normal paces of creating a review based on the set pattern of product history, build and...
The detail, imaging, and sound-staging are accurate and bring your headphones the neutral platform they need in order to perform the way their engineers intended. The DAC is the high point of...
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 174post #2596 of 60108/11/12 at 4:42am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2597 of 60108/11/12 at 4:54amThread Starterpost #2598 of 60108/11/12 at 5:01ampost #2599 of 60108/11/12 at 5:06amThread Starterpost #2600 of 60108/11/12 at 5:07ampost #2601 of 60108/11/12 at 5:13amThread Starter
The box is nice and is worth a penny or two.
As for the tube, try it and find out.
There is a lot of miss marking in tubes, best go by what you see.
The flying saucer style getter is a give away.post #2602 of 60108/11/12 at 6:40amRight. Don't ever believe the box. The tube itself is what matters, and that tube is unquestionably Russian, you can buy those NIB/NOS for under $5 each with ease.post #2603 of 60108/11/12 at 8:41am
Just received a pair of Tung Sol 7236. However, one of the tubes seem to have developed what seems like rust around the edges of the base. Have attached some pics of the 'rust' below.
Is this normal with such tubes or should I request for an exchange?
Edited by DarknightDK - 8/11/12 at 8:45ampost #2604 of 60108/11/12 at 9:04amThread Starter
You can get such marks/spots in metal based tubes.
If it matches in values the other tube I wouldn't bother.
With Flitz paste they will come out nicely and the metal will shine like new.
Edited by rosgr63 - 8/11/12 at 9:05ampost #2605 of 60108/11/12 at 11:03ampost #2606 of 60108/11/12 at 2:34pmQuote:
By far, the best post I read today!post #2607 of 60108/12/12 at 4:28amThread StarterQuote:
John is right.
First you need to remove loose particles.
Then you can try and polish a small area and see what it looks like.
Avoid the markings.post #2608 of 60108/13/12 at 1:39am
Quick question regarding Sylvania 6SN7s: I got some "regular" ones with my WA22, marked GTB. I also had separately purchased some "coin-base" ones which are also marked GTB type. The construction of both looks the same to my untrained eye. Other than the shape of the base is there any other difference?post #2609 of 60108/13/12 at 8:32ampost #2610 of 60108/13/12 at 2:19pmQuote:
Thanks, and so do I, so do I! And they may add an interesting contrast to the other tubes depending on one's setup.Return Home
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Campfire Audio - Introducing 2 new models Hello Andromeda and Nova 4 seconds ago
- › ADEL™ Drum Earbuds 9 seconds ago
- › JVC HA-SZ2000/1000 Impressions Thread 19 seconds ago
- › Band Name Game II 31 seconds ago
- › Happy as a Pig in Schiit: Introducing Modi Multibit 42 seconds ago
- › Three Word Story 44 seconds ago
- › ATTICUS and EIKON, the new dynamic driver headphones from ZMF 1 minute ago
- › Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Nobsound NS-08E also know as Nobsound 6J9 hybrid tube amp 1 minute ago
- › Fostex T50RP Incremental Mods and Measurements 2 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x HIFIMAN HE350 by machielsste
- › Sennheiser Momentum In Ear (iOS version) - Black Chrome by HiWire
- › Fiio F1 Dynamic In-ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ENIGMAcoustics Dharma D1000 by geoffalter11
- › Emotiva Stealth DC-1 | Balanced 24/192 Fully Differential DAC by audiobean
- › Sennheiser HD 380 PRO Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by B9Scrambler
- › HiLisening MaGaosi Newest High end Detachable Design K3 In-Ear HiFi... by TwinACStacks
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by SOULSIK
- › Brainwavz B200 by earfonia
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear