Recent Images In This Thread
Related Forum Threads
- Philips 408A tube the same as Sylvania 408A? Last post on 4/7/11 at 8:13am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Sylvanis GT Chrome Top tall bottle question Last post on 2/26/15 at 2:58pm in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- Neutral Desktop Headphone AMP for Heir Audio 4.A CIEM? Last post on 8/20/12 at 7:41am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
- [LIST][OPINION] Amp recommendations for Fostex/Denon Headphones. Last post on 4/5/16 at 2:45am in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- Govibe Peak Last post on 7/9/12 at 12:12am in Headphone Amps (full-size)
Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs)
Last edited: 11/30/16
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2Last edited: 11/28/16
- Diy Beginners GuideLast edited: 7/22/13
- Headphone ImpedanceLast edited: 8/18/12
6SN7 Tube Addicts - Page 174post #2596 of 59838/11/12 at 4:42am
Head-Fi's Best Sellerspost #2597 of 59838/11/12 at 4:54amThread Starterpost #2598 of 59838/11/12 at 5:01ampost #2599 of 59838/11/12 at 5:06amThread Starterpost #2600 of 59838/11/12 at 5:07ampost #2601 of 59838/11/12 at 5:13amThread Starter
The box is nice and is worth a penny or two.
As for the tube, try it and find out.
There is a lot of miss marking in tubes, best go by what you see.
The flying saucer style getter is a give away.post #2602 of 59838/11/12 at 6:40amRight. Don't ever believe the box. The tube itself is what matters, and that tube is unquestionably Russian, you can buy those NIB/NOS for under $5 each with ease.post #2603 of 59838/11/12 at 8:41am
Just received a pair of Tung Sol 7236. However, one of the tubes seem to have developed what seems like rust around the edges of the base. Have attached some pics of the 'rust' below.
Is this normal with such tubes or should I request for an exchange?
Edited by DarknightDK - 8/11/12 at 8:45ampost #2604 of 59838/11/12 at 9:04amThread Starter
You can get such marks/spots in metal based tubes.
If it matches in values the other tube I wouldn't bother.
With Flitz paste they will come out nicely and the metal will shine like new.
Edited by rosgr63 - 8/11/12 at 9:05ampost #2605 of 59838/11/12 at 11:03ampost #2606 of 59838/11/12 at 2:34pmQuote:
By far, the best post I read today!post #2607 of 59838/12/12 at 4:28amThread StarterQuote:
John is right.
First you need to remove loose particles.
Then you can try and polish a small area and see what it looks like.
Avoid the markings.post #2608 of 59838/13/12 at 1:39am
Quick question regarding Sylvania 6SN7s: I got some "regular" ones with my WA22, marked GTB. I also had separately purchased some "coin-base" ones which are also marked GTB type. The construction of both looks the same to my untrained eye. Other than the shape of the base is there any other difference?post #2609 of 59838/13/12 at 8:32ampost #2610 of 59838/13/12 at 2:19pmQuote:
Thanks, and so do I, so do I! And they may add an interesting contrast to the other tubes depending on one's setup.Return Home
- 6SN7 Tube Addicts
Head-Fi's Best Sellers
- Head-Fi Buying Guide (Desktop Amps & DACs) 2
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 27 seconds ago
- › Music Game IX 33 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › VSONIC GR07 Impressions Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEMs Review / Preview 3 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 5 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Moon Nēo 430HA Reference Headphone Amplifier 6 minutes ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 7 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 8 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by sonickarma
- › Meze 12 Classics by OSiRiSsk
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear