You know what? I'm surprised to still see no SA6 review.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Hello fellow head-fi members Welcome to the review of Advanced Evo X Sports Wireless In-ear Monitors. Disclaimer This were a sample provided by Advanced team for my review. I am not...
Weston W80 Review Disclaimer: The W80 was loaned to me by the local distributor www.samma3a.com - I have to return it, I have not received any incentive, financial or otherwise for this...
Meant to be married to the OL DAC, the O2 headphone amp matches it in shape, size and simplicity. What’s neat about the O2 is that JDS Labs allows for some simple customizations—you can choose...
Acknowledgment This review unit was provided to me in exchange for my honest opinion by Penon Audio. This review was originally published here. Introduction I’m a regular watcher and poster on...
I know a lot of people say a DAC is a DAC is a DAC, but I’m not one of them. A DAC’s chipset and its implementation, among other things, play a very real role in determining how it sounds....
Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 62post #916 of 1683810/13/10 at 7:57pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #917 of 1683810/13/10 at 11:25pmThread Starter
Thanks, and glad you're liking the R03s
Not that surprising considering Sleek wouldn't even send me an SA1 to demo. Had to get my own to see what they were hiding. I've actually tried trading for the SA6 a couple of times in the past (especially back when I had a score of high-end single-armature IEMs in my possession) but it's never worked out. Perhaps I'll get to try the SA6R/SA7 but perhaps not. Keeping pretty busy as is and more interested in the RE262, Xcape, FA Genesis/new dual-driver, etc.post #918 of 1683810/13/10 at 11:49pm
Perhaps you might wanna try reviewing the Final Audios~ That will be a justice for us seeing that how EXPPP they really are, One of the few rare brands that makes even Monster Cable hands down on their expensiveness on their product pricing~ =Spost #919 of 1683810/14/10 at 7:36am
Hey joker how are the silver bullets compared to the brainwavz m1? Can you post some detailed thoughts.. including the comfort aspects and build quality comparison? Im thinking of the silver bullets to upgrade to from the brainwavz.. thanks alot dude. I can't thank you enough for the M1s and the PL30spost #920 of 1683810/14/10 at 1:52pm
Speaking of the RE262. I might have one heading your way in the near future. Hero Kid has been gracious enough to let me demo his pair from his HM-602 purchase he was planning on selling. We chatted and he likes the idea of giving back to the community by allowing these demos. He wants you to demo the pair too, so I will be sending them off to you after I try them out for a couple weeks. He's in no hurry, so time line isn't an issue. I will have a RE252 in my possession that I will soon be getting from a fellow member that I also want to send along to you so you can have a direct RE252 vs RE262 comparison.
The SA6R and SA7 will be interesting. I don't really expect a company to send demo hardware. However, I'd think fellow forum members would be willing to loan a pair. I would give you a pair to try out if I actually still owned them. My bro owns a pair, but I'm not sure how willing he is about loaning them out for an extended time since they are his main earphones that he does use on a regular basis. I'd be curious to see a SA6 vs SA6R to see if there are audible differences due to the new housing and possibly minor tweaks and of course how the SA7 stacks up against, well, everything else out there.post #921 of 1683810/14/10 at 2:01pmpost #922 of 1683810/14/10 at 2:04pm
It's only natural to be comparing them since they are both from HifiMan although it does seem like they have much different sound signature. I'm a bit disappointed about that but I'll hold judgment until I eventually get to hear them for myself.post #923 of 1683810/14/10 at 3:33pm
Yeah, Fang seems mainly interested in filling out his lineup rather than replacing old models.
Aside from the frequency response/gearing difference, I am curious how they fair against each other as they both represent Fang's top level products.post #924 of 1683810/14/10 at 4:30pm
In any case I look forward to your thoughts on them. The RE262 is the last universal I currently have a good about of interest in although I did want something similar to the RE0 sound although the RE262 being harder to drive and providing a different sound signature is also very interesting and curious to how they fare. If it has a bit more bass than the RE0 or RE-Zero it may appeal to many more people although they would need to be able to meet the power requirements of them but lots of head-fi members have their portable and/or home amps.post #925 of 1683810/14/10 at 4:41pm
I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to the SA7 too. I don't know if you've ever used the SA6 before, but it's a nice product. The transparency and air is incredible for an IEM. The notes are also quite natural for a BA. Treble is a bit smoothed (not rolled off) and bass does roll off early without EQing, but that's forgivable as a single BA earphone. The sound stage is so-so, no great sense of location and placement, open, but you don't get a pinpoint sense of things like you do with other earphones. With the SA7 stepping to a dual driver setup, it will fix a lot of the shortcomings of the SA6, so I'm quite curious what it will sound like. I definitely liked the driver choice of the SA6, very natural and enjoyable, but a single driver is a single driver. If they intend to stay with the same sound signature goals, I'm excited.
I'm curious if Fang was just trying to aim for a new crowd, basically everyone who thinks the RE0, RE-ZERO, and RE252 are too lean or weak on the low end, maybe make something that's sort of a HD650 of his IEM lineup. I'm curious for certain. I was very surprised by the RE-ZERO, so I'm curious what the RE262 will be as a whole.post #926 of 1683810/14/10 at 5:21pm
Let me add the EQ5 and the second dual driver iem from Radius. Those are the last ones I'm looking forward to because they're the next step of new technologies that were just introduced.post #927 of 1683810/14/10 at 5:24pm
The SA6 did have an interesting concept with their removable ports to change the way it sounds but it never really appealed to me. There were also reports that there were some QC issues early on so it steered me away and never looked back. The SA7 also does not appeal to me as they are also quite expensive and I'm pretty happy with my portable setup. I have some neutral phones and then some that gear towards the bassy side. I'm hoping the RE262 is my last universal for a long time. I'm also considering a full sized setup and that's expensive so might save up for that.post #928 of 1683810/14/10 at 5:29pmQuote:
It's kind of curious that there are even new technologies being developed in IEMs when it seems like full tower speaker and headphone technology seems to be relatively resolved. (Using big dynamic drivers... I'm assuming that horns lost their debate, and ribbon tweeters and flat panel technologies don't seem to have taken off.) The craziest thing I've seen in a while are the Sony PFR's, which seemed to have flopped.
Meanwhile IEM's are going from balance armature to dynamic drivers, to hybrid moving armature drivers, quadruple driver universals and dual drive dynamics - all these attempts to overcome shortcomings in a relatively immature market. I think we have portable audio to thank for that.
Personally I'm looking forward to the new DDM's and the X-Jays. I'm particularly surprised that the X-Jays haven't been released yet...post #929 of 1683810/14/10 at 5:43pm
Well, remember, IEMs have to fit in your ear canal. They don't have infinite space to play with. I also don't think that dynamics have necessarily won anything. They are more plentiful but so are Accords and Camrys.post #930 of 1683810/14/10 at 5:49pmQuote:
I guess so, but I mean for floor standing speakers, even the most expensive speakers in the world use dynamic drivers, in the same way that the most expensive sports cars in the world still have four wheels heh. IEM's are a different matter.
The PFR's seemed like a particularly misguided way to get around the pesky limitation that IEM's have to fit in your ear canal...Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Can my amp drive HE-6 14 seconds ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 38 seconds ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 1 minute ago
- › JVC HA-FXZ 100/200 1 minute ago
- › Classical music discussion, what do you like? 3 minutes ago
- › Trinity Audio Engineering - What the future holds 3 minutes ago
- › AKG K702 or Sennheiser HD598 3 minutes ago
- › Best Headphones for Movies? 4 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 4 minutes ago
- › 2359glenn | studio 5 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD 800 S by Dobrescu George
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by gprs007
- › Westone W80 Eight-Driver System with Dual Bass, Dual Mid, and Quad... by Koolpep
- › JDS Labs Assembled Objective2 Headphone Amplifier by SoundApprentice
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by glassmonkey
- › JDS Labs OL DAC by SoundApprentice
- › Logitech Wireless Gaming Headset G930 with 7.1 Surround Sound by jimtree
- › Sennheiser HD 650 Headphones by Dobrescu George
- › Shure SE846 Sound Isolating™ Earphone by anqallyt
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by vapman
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear