or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 562

post #8416 of 16802
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by zhonghua View Post


Which of them do you recommend is best?

 

Honestly I prefer the E10 but they are close enough to the point where your preferences would tilt the balance. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post


I have both and agree with that, but might add that the K3003's upper bass is less pronounced, which makes its bass overall more even and the midrange less recessed than the FX700's.

 

Thanks! 

post #8417 of 16802

Hello,

 

A year and a half ago I bought a set of thinksound Rains based on comparing reviews on this thread. I turned them in for warranty twice, once because of the sound being unbalanced and once because the headphone jack shorted. The jack then died again so I then bought a second pair in early summer thinking that I was just being too hard on my headphones, despite my Zune Premium V2 having no problems for over 4 years which also had an I plug (Of course after the thinksounds, I could never go back). This new pair then had the unbalanced issue so I sent them in, and the second pair came back still unbalanced, but nowhere near as noticeable. About 4 months later the jack has died again despite no obvious external wear. I feel as though I've used up enough warranty claims and that it's time to move on even though I could probably solder a new plug. I fear returning to thinksound as a brand because out of breakage worry, but perhaps that's my fault.

 

Regardless, in this new pair I'm looking for something that's quite sturdy, balanced range, and has decent separation (to my ears) like the Rains without being too analytical. I listen to many genres but mostly electronic, acoustic, and rock; a warm sound without being boomy is ideal to me. I understand that nothing is going to match the Rains signature exactly, but I loved them greatly for what they were and would like to find something close.

 

I'm interested in the MC3 but worry that they may be too analytical from the reviews I've read. The Fischer Audio Eterna rev.2 and Ultimate Ears SF3 also looks interesting but hard to find. Other considerations right now are various MEElec IEMS for their build quality, and the HiFiMan RE262 although I wonder how they compare in treble to the Rains and they're a bit more expensive than what I plan to spend. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

 

Thanks in advance!


Edited by Velorium - 10/18/12 at 1:25pm
post #8418 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

Honestly I prefer the E10 but they are close enough to the point where your preferences would tilt the balance. 


Thanks! 

So for overall soundstage and balanced between trident and e10, e10 wins?
post #8419 of 16802

took me a while but i finally figured out what i want in an iem.

what is the closest (an best) i can find to a balanced iem with an elevated subbass at a sub $180 price point?

post #8420 of 16802
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velorium View Post

Hello,

 

A year and a half ago I bought a set of thinksound Rains based on comparing reviews on this thread. I turned them in for warranty twice, once because of the sound being unbalanced and once because the headphone jack shorted. The jack then died again so I then bought a second pair in early summer thinking that I was just being too hard on my headphones, despite my Zune Premium V2 having no problems for over 4 years which also had an I plug (Of course after the thinksounds, I could never go back). This new pair then had the unbalanced issue so I sent them in, and the second pair came back still unbalanced, but nowhere near as noticeable. About 4 months later the jack has died again despite no obvious external wear. I feel as though I've used up enough warranty claims and that it's time to move on even though I could probably solder a new plug. I fear returning to thinksound as a brand because out of breakage worry, but perhaps that's my fault.

 

Regardless, in this new pair I'm looking for something that's quite sturdy, balanced range, and has decent separation (to my ears) like the Rains without being too analytical. I listen to many genres but mostly electronic, acoustic, and rock; a warm sound without being boomy is ideal to me. I understand that nothing is going to match the Rains signature exactly, but I loved them greatly for what they were and would like to find something close.

 

I'm interested in the MC3 but worry that they may be too analytical from the reviews I've read. The Fischer Audio Eterna rev.2 and Ultimate Ears SF3 also looks interesting but hard to find. Other considerations right now are various MEElec IEMS for their build quality, and the HiFiMan RE262 although I wonder how they compare in treble to the Rains and they're a bit more expensive than what I plan to spend. Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

 

Thanks in advance!

 

I quite like Thinksound's new MS01 (and maybe you can get a discounted price or something considering you're a current Thinksound owner). It'll certainly be close to Rain than most other options. You could also look at the Spider Realvoice for a similar sound.

 

Aside from that, I would maybe consider the Shure SE215 and HiSound Crystal in the <$100 range. These are two earphones that have good accuracy and a fairly balanced sound aside from a mild-to-moderate bass boost for a warm-ish tone. They will have a slightly more accurate sound than your Rains but won't be as analytical is as an Ety MC3 or even the MEElec A161P. The same can be said for the VSonic GR06 except that it also has pretty forward mids. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zhonghua View Post


So for overall soundstage and balanced between trident and e10, e10 wins?

 

Correct

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by atomikn00b View Post

took me a while but i finally figured out what i want in an iem.

what is the closest (an best) i can find to a balanced iem with an elevated subbass at a sub $180 price point?

 

If the emphasis is on 'balanced', probably the VSonic GR07. I think it has a pretty flat in-ear response but its subbass is stronger as compared to ruler-flat armature earphones (e.g. ATH-CK10, etc). If the emphasis is on bass quantity, maybe something like the Atrio MG7. It's got tons of subbass but isn't all that balanced overall because of slightly recessed mids and elevated lower treble. There is also the Hippo VB and HiSound Wooduo 2, which also have great bass depth and are less mid-recessed than the MG7. 

post #8421 of 16802

Panasonic rp hje900 no longer available 

 

add Beyerdynamic DTX 101 iE / MMX 101 iE to the list

post #8422 of 16802

Hi guys, what IEM do you recommend for tech house , deep house, chillout , electo, etc? (Driven by Iphone 4s and creative x fi hd )

Here are my options (selections):

 

Audeo pfe 012 perfect bass (75€)

Shure se215 (92€)

Jvc Ha-fxt90 (95€)

 

and something more inexpensive:

 

MEElectronics A151 (43€)

Denon AH-C452R (39€)

PANASONIC rp-hje 355 (23€)

panasonic rp hje900 (58€)

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theOS View Post

Panasonic rp hje900 no longer available 

 

add Beyerdynamic DTX 101 iE / MMX 101 iE to the list

post #8423 of 16802
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by theOS View Post

Panasonic rp hje900 no longer available 

 

add Beyerdynamic DTX 101 iE / MMX 101 iE to the list

 

FXT90, then, if you're willing to pay that much. It's a solid earphone.

post #8424 of 16802

So the TF10's are gonna be ~$100 during Black Friday, is it worth the wait/money over the GR06?

Especially as they run out in minutes.

post #8425 of 16802

Hey everyone. About a year or so ago, I bought the Xears TD4 hoping they would be similar to the TD3 V2.

After the burn in has passed surely I can say this: they are horrible. The overall sound is not bad but I consider the headphones unusable because:

- the cable is to rough and has not soften enough to take any shape so it hangs all over the place but is not tangle-free anymore

- because the cable is so heavy and the drivers are so light, anything else than slow walking will result in them falling out of my ears.

- isolation is not that great an the bass leaks all over the place.

 

Considering the coupon is still available, will the XE2PRO be any different ? For 35 euros they do not seem expensive.

post #8426 of 16802

hi ljokerl

I need to check something with you, do you think that eph-100 has more bass (in term of quantity) than S4?

 

thanks


Edited by heart banger-97 - 10/20/12 at 1:07am
post #8427 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart banger-97 View Post

hi ljokerl

I need to check something with you, do you think that eph-100 has more bass (in term of quantity) than S4?

 

thanks

I'm not him but definitely no.

 

In terms of quality, yes!


Edited by chipstjuven - 10/20/12 at 7:15am
post #8428 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

I quite like Thinksound's new MS01 (and maybe you can get a discounted price or something considering you're a current Thinksound owner). It'll certainly be close to Rain than most other options. You could also look at the Spider Realvoice for a similar sound.

 

Aside from that, I would maybe consider the Shure SE215 and HiSound Crystal in the <$100 range. These are two earphones that have good accuracy and a fairly balanced sound aside from a mild-to-moderate bass boost for a warm-ish tone. They will have a slightly more accurate sound than your Rains but won't be as analytical is as an Ety MC3 or even the MEElec A161P. The same can be said for the VSonic GR06 except that it also has pretty forward mids.


That gives me a bit more to think about... Thanks!

post #8429 of 16802

Have you thought about using Google Docs to share the spreadsheet?  This would allow you to easily update it on the web rather than having to use Excel, and it would automatically update for everyone else.  Here is an automatic conversion of the one I just downloaded.  I can transfer ownership to you if you'd like.

 

Otherwise, thanks for your awesome reviews.  Super helpful!

post #8430 of 16802
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlinePredator View Post

So the TF10's are gonna be ~$100 during Black Friday, is it worth the wait/money over the GR06?

Especially as they run out in minutes.

 

The TF10 is better overall but also has a different sound signature (much less forward mids, more relative emphasis on the bass and treble). You'd have to figure out if that's something you would like.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by GunGrave View Post

Hey everyone. About a year or so ago, I bought the Xears TD4 hoping they would be similar to the TD3 V2.

After the burn in has passed surely I can say this: they are horrible. The overall sound is not bad but I consider the headphones unusable because:

- the cable is to rough and has not soften enough to take any shape so it hangs all over the place but is not tangle-free anymore

- because the cable is so heavy and the drivers are so light, anything else than slow walking will result in them falling out of my ears.

- isolation is not that great an the bass leaks all over the place.

 

Considering the coupon is still available, will the XE2PRO be any different ? For 35 euros they do not seem expensive.

 

I think this might be best to ask in the Xears appreciation thread - they have so many models that it's hard to keep up. You're more likely to find someone who has heard the XE2Pro there. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart banger-97 View Post

hi ljokerl

I need to check something with you, do you think that eph-100 has more bass (in term of quantity) than S4?

 

thanks

 

Maybe more extension but not more bass, no. 

 

Quote:

Originally Posted by lodatom View Post

Have you thought about using Google Docs to share the spreadsheet?  This would allow you to easily update it on the web rather than having to use Excel, and it would automatically update for everyone else.  Here is an automatic conversion of the one I just downloaded.  I can transfer ownership to you if you'd like.

 

Otherwise, thanks for your awesome reviews.  Super helpful!

 

To be honest I don't do any of the work on the current downloadable spreadsheet either - it's all done by carfentanil. It does seem simpler - I'll have to suggest it to him. I'll shoot you a PM if/when he gets back to me. 

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)