or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 544

post #8146 of 16803

First off, I'd like to thank you for your recommendation of the Vsonic GR02's, as I purchased them and love them!

 

I'm now looking for a more analytical IEM, however. I'd like to keep or have more bass than the GR02's, but clearer mids-highs without being painful to listen to on a daily basis for extended periods of time. I honestly don't know if this is possible, so please correct me if it's not. I was looking at the Hippo VB, the Fischer Audio Eterna, and the Brainwavz M2, but am not sure if they are what I'm looking for.

 

If anything stands out in your mind, or anyone else's, for something that may match this sound signature, please let me know!

post #8147 of 16803
Hi all
Today I received my headphones vsonic gr06 i test with Mac air + fidelia + wav song
did not have good sound quality accessories are good but  I wish more clarity in the sound
i know is cheap price.
post #8148 of 16803

Too bad, that's about as good as you can get for the price IMO. Maybe try to listen to them a bit more and see how you like them later?

post #8149 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAWT AMISH View Post

 

Quote:

 

i don't know about the ink'd 2 which came recently into the scene but for 50/50, i have them with me for last one year and won't recommend them for bassheads especially.In the intial stages,it had a good bass but with longer hours of use and burn in ,they loss their bass

Well i just got them so that explains why i hear good bass

post #8150 of 16803
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by apmusson View Post

 

Go for it - can you get an early preview from anywhere?   I am looking forward to seeing how the ie800s stack up against other non-customs... or even the ie80!  tongue_smile.gif

 

Not sure, but it would certainly be interesting.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilboozy View Post

I think you should review the ink'd 2 and 50/50. Wait i know what your thinking: SKULLCANDY!! what are you crazy!? These are actually pretty good at least from a bassheads perspective. Skullcandy has really improved their products recently just look at the aviators, mixmasters, and hesh 2 (tyll reviewed all 3).

 

I like the Mix Masters but the Aviators didn't sound very good compared to some of my other $150 sets. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisten View Post

First off, I'd like to thank you for your recommendation of the Vsonic GR02's, as I purchased them and love them!

 

I'm now looking for a more analytical IEM, however. I'd like to keep or have more bass than the GR02's, but clearer mids-highs without being painful to listen to on a daily basis for extended periods of time. I honestly don't know if this is possible, so please correct me if it's not. I was looking at the Hippo VB, the Fischer Audio Eterna, and the Brainwavz M2, but am not sure if they are what I'm looking for.

 

If anything stands out in your mind, or anyone else's, for something that may match this sound signature, please let me know!

 

If you raise the bass the entire sound signature is affected. For a reference sound signature you would need flatter bass. None of the sets you've listed have much better clarity than the GR02. The Atrio MG7 might do what you want but it's got less mid-bass than the GR02 and focuses more on low bass. 

post #8151 of 16803

Hi all.

 

Sorry to bother you ppl, but I need help and people at ER sent me here...

 

Got the MEE CW31's. I wouldn't necessarily recommend as first choice to anyone now that I have them.

 

Don't get me wrong, they really are good, especially for $20 I got em for. They are first headsets I own that have both speakers working, they don't loose connection, cable isn't flimsy, tips make full seal, sound doesn't differ left from right and they didn't fall apart within the first three days. Classical music, hard rock and jazz sound sublimely fantastic (Credence, AC/DC, Scorpions, RAM,Yo Yo Ma, Mozart, Debussy, Nora Jones, Quincy Jones, Incognito...), BUT when i try on the ones I really wanna hear- Dream T and Guardians, they just aren't... enough them. As if thers too much going one, lots of different sounds at same time, and they don't get full credit (and I'm not using EQ). I use android smartphone, poweramp player and files are flac, 500-4000kbps. The audio graph for phone is here: http://bit.ly/M7Q7WY

 

I have listened them for about 20-ish hours now, got em two days before yesterday, and I think sound is getting.. better. Maybe its the burn-in-in thing I read so much about, where they will get better in time. How does that go? Is there wrong and worst way to do it?

 

Also, thers not much chatter about them CW31's on forum, did I make... not good choice? Also, no one wants to deliver in my country, on paper everyone are open for business, but in real life.. Cruel joke these last two months were. 

 

And, yes, CW31 are my first good headsets (I don't dare say audiophile, but do correct me if I'm wrong)

post #8152 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

If you raise the bass the entire sound signature is affected. For a reference sound signature you would need flatter bass. None of the sets you've listed have much better clarity than the GR02. The Atrio MG7 might do what you want but it's got less mid-bass than the GR02 and focuses more on low bass. 

I see your point. Which set would you consider for a more reference sound signature without losing punchy bass? I'm not a bass fanatic, but I do enjoy it with above-average body. I guess to narrow it down a bit I'd go up to $200.

 

Thanks again for your help.

post #8153 of 16803
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by milan425 View Post

Hi all.

 

Sorry to bother you ppl, but I need help and people at ER sent me here...

 

Got the MEE CW31's. I wouldn't necessarily recommend as first choice to anyone now that I have them.

 

Don't get me wrong, they really are good, especially for $20 I got em for. They are first headsets I own that have both speakers working, they don't loose connection, cable isn't flimsy, tips make full seal, sound doesn't differ left from right and they didn't fall apart within the first three days. Classical music, hard rock and jazz sound sublimely fantastic (Credence, AC/DC, Scorpions, RAM,Yo Yo Ma, Mozart, Debussy, Nora Jones, Quincy Jones, Incognito...), BUT when i try on the ones I really wanna hear- Dream T and Guardians, they just aren't... enough them. As if thers too much going one, lots of different sounds at same time, and they don't get full credit (and I'm not using EQ). I use android smartphone, poweramp player and files are flac, 500-4000kbps. The audio graph for phone is here: http://bit.ly/M7Q7WY

 

I have listened them for about 20-ish hours now, got em two days before yesterday, and I think sound is getting.. better. Maybe its the burn-in-in thing I read so much about, where they will get better in time. How does that go? Is there wrong and worst way to do it?

 

Also, thers not much chatter about them CW31's on forum, did I make... not good choice? Also, no one wants to deliver in my country, on paper everyone are open for business, but in real life.. Cruel joke these last two months were. 

 

And, yes, CW31 are my first good headsets (I don't dare say audiophile, but do correct me if I'm wrong)

 

For me personally the CW31 at $20 is a very good deal but I can see where you are coming from. The reason they aren't often recommended is probably the same reason you're not enjoying them yet - they don't have much of a 'wow' factor. They are smooth, relaxed, and non-fatiguing with a pretty mild bass boost. Something like a JVC FX101, which smacks you in the face with ridiculous bass and sharp treble, is much easier to 'get' and probably much easier for a beginner to be excited about. I myself would much rather listen to a CW31 or Brainwavz M1 as the overall experience from them is more reminiscent of high-end headphones and speakers but if you are just shooting for enjoyment there is no right or wrong answer. I actually started my Head-Fi IEM journey with a Soundmagic PL30, which is tuned somewhat similarly to the CW31, and it took me a while to appreciate what it could do.

 

Burn-in - depends on who you ask. I think most if it is a mental effect, which is not to say it should be discounted. I would use them for a while and if you end up still feeling that they aren't working for you, try something different.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nisten View Post

I see your point. Which set would you consider for a more reference sound signature without losing punchy bass? I'm not a bass fanatic, but I do enjoy it with above-average body. I guess to narrow it down a bit I'd go up to $200.

 

Thanks again for your help.

 

The VSonic GR07 may be as close as it gets but again it wouldn't have the same amount of bass boost as your GR02. 

post #8154 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

For me personally the CW31 at $20 is a very good deal but I can see where you are coming from. The reason they aren't often recommended is probably the same reason you're not enjoying them yet - they don't have much of a 'wow' factor. They are smooth, relaxed, and non-fatiguing with a pretty mild bass boost. Something like a JVC FX101, which smacks you in the face with ridiculous bass and sharp treble, is much easier to 'get' and probably much easier for a beginner to be excited about. I myself would much rather listen to a CW31 or Brainwavz M1 as the overall experience from them is more reminiscent of high-end headphones and speakers but if you are just shooting for enjoyment there is no right or wrong answer. I actually started my Head-Fi IEM journey with a Soundmagic PL30, which is tuned somewhat similarly to the CW31, and it took me a while to appreciate what it could do.

Burn-in - depends on who you ask. I think most if it is a mental effect, which is not to say it should be discounted. I would use them for a while and if you end up still feeling that they aren't working for you, try something different.

I think he meant to say that he finds the vocals recessed ( the comment about not enough them)

Sincehe is using poweramp I would recommend he try playing with the EQ first--push up the 500Hz, 1kHz and 2kHz bands (but mostly 500Hz) to taste (and make sure preamp isn't pegged to the top to prevent clipping) and that should bring the vocals forward nicely.
Edited by Joe Bloggs - 9/16/12 at 1:08am
post #8155 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post


I think he meant to say that he finds the vocals recessed ( the comment about not enough them)
Sincehe is using poweramp I would recommend he try playing with the EQ first--push up the 500Hz, 1kHz and 2kHz bands (but mostly 500Hz) to taste (and make sure preamp isn't pegged to the top to prevent clipping) and that should bring the vocals forward nicely.

Vocals, I guess that's right. It was usually the vocals I didn't quite get at times. I played the EQ to frustrations now and I'm having darmn thing on OFF, but, ql as poweramp is, thers a tweak for bass boost, and I'm using it, just a little bit, 30-50%. Also I started to use double- flanged tips. Only my ears have to get used, but sound got (just tiny tiny bit) more bassy without ruining other sound. And that made overall exp better. But as time passes, as if the sound is getting more and more formed and sorted.

By far, they ARE the best sounding things I ever heard/ owned. Don't get me wrong, I really am happy L3000.gif , six Unaccompanied Cello Suites by Yo-Yo Ma is simply sublime.  I just like to tweak things to perfection while learning all about them. If Dream T won't be at its best, I'll ask u guys how to get other pair where they do.

Recently I saw KRK's banner here and saw theirs 6400 over- ears, so I was thinking about them, but now Fiio's E11- there is a bit static noise when there is silence and music is off. But someone posted (can't remember who) no reason using amps on not-best IEMs, since improvement would be about 5-10% 

 

Also, are there foam tips fow CW31's, since they don't have round nozzles?

post #8156 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by milan425 View Post

Vocals, I guess that's right. It was usually the vocals I didn't quite get at times. I played the EQ to frustrations now and I'm having darmn thing on OFF, but, ql as poweramp is, thers a tweak for bass boost, and I'm using it, just a little bit, 30-50%. Also I started to use double- flanged tips. Only my ears have to get used, but sound got (just tiny tiny bit) more bassy without ruining other sound. And that made overall exp better. But as time passes, as if the sound is getting more and more formed and sorted.

By far, they ARE the best sounding things I ever heard/ owned. Don't get me wrong, I really am happy L3000.gif , six Unaccompanied Cello Suites by Yo-Yo Ma is simply sublime.  I just like to tweak things to perfection while learning all about them. If Dream T won't be at its best, I'll ask u guys how to get other pair where they do.

Recently I saw KRK's banner here and saw theirs 6400 over- ears, so I was thinking about them, but now Fiio's E11- there is a bit static noise when there is silence and music is off. But someone posted (can't remember who) no reason using amps on not-best IEMs, since improvement would be about 5-10% 

 

Also, are there foam tips fow CW31's, since they don't have round nozzles?

 

From joker's description it sounds like the CW31 have a relatively balanced signature unlike most budget sets with either bassy or V-shaped sound, so if you're looking for even more forward vocals it may be hard to find an IEM that does what you want for a reasonable price.  There is one pair, reputedly mid-forward and very cheap, and got a high sound score from joker: Monoprice 8320.  But it does not fit many people's ears.  That's why I recommended you play with EQ first.  Play with it some more, I always get what I want from it eventually...

 

Play with the sliders one at a time, push it up and down to experience which part of the sound spectrum it changes, how it affects the overall sound and where the slider is when you hear the best sound... repeat with all the sliders, and lower the preamp from the top to prevent clipping if you are boosting bands...

post #8157 of 16803

Thx Joe.

 

Tried you're EQ scheme, no good like many other schemes. Sound somehow just becomes weird at other places. Now, I'm not saying that I don't like sound. More that I think about it, more I realize the great truth- I DONT KNOW what GOOD sound FEELS LIKE. My guess now it was more the fear of the unknown

 

Originally Posted by DogMeat View Post
 

yeah, but the MEE cw's,(wood housing), are not too shabby, after decent burn in.  

 

The more time passes, the more I like these, without the use of EQ. In couple of days I'll get use on them and they on me. All I wanted was good first step forward an audiophile world, and good build quality, that I got.

 

And, hehe, about em Monoprice 8320's... No one delivers em into my country, like all others. None of audio companies sell majority of them, and those that are being sold, price is about 25% higher then regular and no discounts, no coupons, no deals. Take it or leave it. It is both amazingly simple and complicated to describe why I got these via net order instead of... oh, wait, there was a list- Fischer Audio Silver Bullet, Dunu Trident, Sennheiser CX150-200-300, Brainwaws ***, AKG's***, Sony's forgot their models, but Serbia, little black spot of Euro country as it is, to put simple- there are no HUMANS around who like anything anymore, as if all good minds fled before wars. It was real mission impossible for MEElec to arive. But enough about that... Sorry for kill-joy.

post #8158 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by milan425 View Post

Thx Joe.

 

Tried you're EQ scheme, no good like many other schemes. Sound somehow just becomes weird at other places. Now, I'm not saying that I don't like sound. More that I think about it, more I realize the great truth- I DONT KNOW what GOOD sound FEELS LIKE. My guess now it was more the fear of the unknown

 

I guess I can relate.  Gone through a no-EQ phase myself with the Etymotic ER-4P.  At first I thought it sounded sublime, then as the novelty of the phones wore off I just got bored and subconsciously unsatisfied with the sound until I listened to little music for several years.  Then the etys died and I was forced to buy low budget phones.  Having no illusions about the fidelity of their default sound sig I ran wild with EQ until I found what I wanted.  The thing is, unless you get very deep insertion custom IEMs and your hearing no longer goes past 13kHz there will always be at least one sound artifact that needs to be EQed out on all IEMs for optimum performance--a half-wave resonance peak in the treble that causes sibilance and harsh highs.  And in my experience, past a very low entry threshold, differences between IEMs are just differences in sound signature, much like having different EQs on the same set of reference phones.  So EQ is also about taking high fidelity sound into your own hands rather than let some company or other dictate your tastes.

 

Normally I wouldn't "hard-sell" EQ like this but you mentioned that it's hard for you to get any earphones at all where you live, so I'd encourage you to get the most out of the pair you managed to get.

 

This is the guide to removing the resonance peak artifact in IEMs

http://www.head-fi.org/t/413900/how-to-equalize-your-headphones-a-tutorial

 

This is a sequel to the guide I am trying to write that makes the peak cancellation easier and more exact, and also lets you shape the whole frequency response of your phones to a reference standard

http://www.head-fi.org/t/615417/how-to-equalize-your-headphones-advanced-tutorial-in-progress

this is still a work in progress, so if there's anything you don't understand, do please post your question in the thread and I'll try to answer it as well as expand and complete the guide.

 

I think you'll also find more general advice on how to EQ from the members in this thread if you post a question here

http://www.head-fi.org/t/623043/cafe-sceptico-the-objectivist-cafe

post #8159 of 16803
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post


I think he meant to say that he finds the vocals recessed ( the comment about not enough them)
Sincehe is using poweramp I would recommend he try playing with the EQ first--push up the 500Hz, 1kHz and 2kHz bands (but mostly 500Hz) to taste (and make sure preamp isn't pegged to the top to prevent clipping) and that should bring the vocals forward nicely.

 

Ah, I guess I didn't get that from the post. Thanks. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by milan425 View Post

 

Also, are there foam tips fow CW31's, since they don't have round nozzles?

 

Most foam tips have a hard inner core with a circle shape. Best bet is probably de-coring some Shure Olives and stretching them on the CW nozzle without a core. A set of Olives might be too difficult/expensive to find for experimenting, though.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe Bloggs View Post

 

From joker's description it sounds like the CW31 have a relatively balanced signature unlike most budget sets with either bassy or V-shaped sound, so if you're looking for even more forward vocals it may be hard to find an IEM that does what you want for a reasonable price.  There is one pair, reputedly mid-forward and very cheap, and got a high sound score from joker: Monoprice 8320.  But it does not fit many people's ears.  

 

The cord on my monoprice has also frayed and kinked so much that I don't like using them anymore. They've been relegated to A:B duty and the SHE3580 is now my disposable out-and-about set, along with the H2O Audio Flex that's on gym duty.

post #8160 of 16803

How would the Sennheiser IE7s compare to the Phonak Audeo PFE122s?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)