or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 537

post #8041 of 16803

Since I don't want to rile on this in here and mess up the thread, here you have your answer. More detailed too.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/615417/how-to-equalize-your-headphones-advanced-tutorial-in-progress/30#post_8663352

post #8042 of 16803

hey joker, looking at the numerous reviews, i'm really quite impressed with the sunrise xcape IE. however, looking at some of your replies on this thread, there are actually some build quality issues right? to your knowledge, have these been resolved? or anyone else who owns/have owned xcape IE, can you please help me out with this? thanks so much!

post #8043 of 16803
Hey ljokerl, great thread
Any plans on adding either the Aurisonics ASG-1 or the Heir Audio 3ai? smily_headphones1.gif
post #8044 of 16803

What about the new denon urban raver AH-C300

post #8045 of 16803

hi ljokerl

one of my friend wants to buy an IEM with a cold (bright, forward treble) sound signature ( and the most analytical sounding iem)

he really hates bass.

I want  to suggest him ety er4s or fischer dba-02. can you have a quick comparison between these two?

thanks


Edited by heart banger-97 - 9/2/12 at 3:18pm
post #8046 of 16803

what eartips would you suggest to improve isolation on the R-50 ?

post #8047 of 16803

I'm quite sure this question has already been asked, but joker, any chance you'll be reviewing the Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10? :D

post #8048 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGood View Post

I'm quite sure this question has already been asked, but joker, any chance you'll be reviewing the Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10? :D

 

You're quite right wink.gif

post #8049 of 16803
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by marald View Post

Hi guys! i recently sold my Soundmagic PL30 and got a pair of VSonic gr99.

Vsonic's ar far the best IEM i ever tried, but i would like to try something more expensive..

 

I listen to electronic/trance/house music (with sweet female vocals and deep bass), hip hop, and sometimes rock and metal.

I'm looking for an IEM with a good mid and a punchy bass when it's needed

 

I've got my eyes on:

 

Vsonic GR06 (Mid centric with over-the-ear form factor that i loved on my PL30)

 

Sunrise SW-Xcape impressive ed. (balanced, seem to fit my requirements)

 

Soundmagic PL50 (or MEElec a151, astrotec AM90..i'd like to try a BA but it seems that people coming from Dinamic Drivers hear a noticeable lack of bass.. i'm afraid i would be disappointed)

 

Any help?

Thanks!

 

If you're looking at the Xcape IE and the siren-based BAs I think you might as well go for the MEElec A161P at $80-100 instead. It's got better deep bass than anything Siren-based and is much more likely to suit the requirement for 'punchy' bass than the armature-based sets you've listed. It's still got a pretty flat response so if you expect enhanced bass the GR06 or Xcape are more likely to do it for you but I prefer the A161P over both. You could also go for a Phonak Perfect Bass (022) and maybe get the gray filters later to turn it in a PFE 122 if you decide you'd rather swap some of its bass for clarity. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by olear View Post

joker, have you heard the Sony 7550? I understand they are quite similar to the ex1000, except the 7550 mids are more forward and are less bright.  Thanks

 

I have one but unfortunately haven't had the time to spend with it yet. First impressions are that you are correct but it also seems to lack some of that brightness that makes the EX1000 sound so clean. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdChap View Post

This thread is awesome. So detailed.

 

Having difficulty knowing which are best unamped in the 150-250 range, though?

 

Really depends on what you want - the VSonic GR07, VSonic GR01, Fischer DBA-02 mkII, and HiFiMan RE272 come to mind as impressive performers without an amp but there are others depending on the sound you want. The Yamaha EPH-100 is a nice and safe option if you like enhanced bass.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AstralStorm View Post

@|joker|:

Could you please take a peek at this correction for Brainwavz B2:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/615417/how-to-equalize-your-headphones-advanced-tutorial-in-progress/30#post_8660716

and perhaps tell which custom IEM has this kind of signature?

It wouldn't happen to be UM Miracle or Merlin, would it?

 

Oh, in case anyone is curious:

Brainwavz B2 comes with their hard clamshell carrying case (same as for M1/M2/M3 except lacking the logo), large jack adapter, airplane dual mono adapter, 2 pairs of each of 3 sizes of single flanges and one pair of red Comply T100, M size.

Lacks cable guides. The sliding cinch is better than the DBA-02 one and minijack is now J-shaped (120 degree) bent slim model. Comes with 1 year warranty.

 

These indeed smack you in the face with detailing and airiness. Darn. Something like that with better deep bass and not as overblown highs would rule.

 

Definitely not the demo Merlin that I heard. Seems closer to a Miracle or Alclair Reference except that the Alclairs have a bit of that hotness that you don't like with the VSonic GR06/GR07 and the Miracles might just have a touch too much total treble energy even though it's nice and smooth. Might be better to ask average_joe as he's heard tons of customs I haven't heard. He also scanned & posted the factory freq. response graph from my Miracle somewhere. 

 

Thanks for the info on the B2, by the way - just added it to the front page. Next chart revision will have separate rows for the B2 and the now-discontinued DBA-02 mkI. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LYNG2 View Post

hey joker, looking at the numerous reviews, i'm really quite impressed with the sunrise xcape IE. however, looking at some of your replies on this thread, there are actually some build quality issues right? to your knowledge, have these been resolved? or anyone else who owns/have owned xcape IE, can you please help me out with this? thanks so much!

 

I was told that the issues were resolved but was never sent another unit to confirm. Mine failed in three different ways in just a few months which is why I've generally been hesitant to recommend them. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moosecraft View Post

Hey ljokerl, great thread
Any plans on adding either the Aurisonics ASG-1 or the Heir Audio 3ai? smily_headphones1.gif

 

Both are maybes at this point.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaglebob View Post

What about the new denon urban raver AH-C300

 

No plans at this time.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by heart banger-97 View Post

hi ljokerl

one of my friend wants to buy an IEM with a cold (bright, forward treble) sound signature ( and the most analytical sounding iem)

he really hates bass.

I want  to suggest him ety er4s or fischer dba-02. can you have a quick comparison between these two?

thanks

 

Go for the DBA-02 - more forward treble for a brighter signature. The ER4S is pretty neutral. 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post

what eartips would you suggest to improve isolation on the R-50 ?

 

I've used Etymotic gray triples on mine with success. I think they are from an MC5. Really good isolation and the fit works rather well with the angled nozzle and over-the-ear form factor.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoGood View Post

I'm quite sure this question has already been asked, but joker, any chance you'll be reviewing the Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10? :D

 

Might get to the UE900 first but yes, it's on the planned reviews list (front page, below the table). 

post #8050 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

 

Go for the DBA-02 - more forward treble for a brighter signature. The ER4S is pretty neutral. 

 

thanks

do you think that dba-02 has more bass (quantity) than er4s?

recently I read something about er4b, have you heard er4b?


Edited by heart banger-97 - 9/3/12 at 11:12pm
post #8051 of 16803

To all the thread readers and  Joker, here's the situation. 

 

I'm selling my TF10s, I've gotten so bored/irritated with them. Found they were just un-enjoyable to my ears, so much so that my SE215s get most of my ear time..

 

Guy is willing to buy them off me for 150Euro.

 

So I seek your suggestions. 

 

So.. 

 

  1. Budget is a max of 150 Euros (excluding delivery)
  2. Source is a Clip Zip with E6 amp.
  3. I do enjoy a decent bass, but I also would love it to be as clear as day. 
  4. Willing to buy 2nd hand.
  5. I know this is a IEM thread, but I'm in no means restricted, feel free to suggest Portable Headphones as well..

 

 

Thanks in advance!


P.S this and your headphone threads are amazing! 

Keep it up!

post #8052 of 16803
Have you considered GR07 MK2?
post #8053 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post

Have you considered GR07 MK2?

I have indeed, I just don't know if it's going to suit what I listen to. 

 

I've never been more confused about what to buy.

post #8054 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by marko93101 View Post

I have indeed, I just don't know if it's going to suit what I listen to. 

I've never been more confused about what to buy.

GR07 doesn't really fall short on many genres, it's fairly consistent. Depending on your source they can lack a touch of dynamics with metal / rock, Though I"m thinking that less and less recently after changing my player. If you do like their signature they're pretty hard to beat and would probably be the next logical solution. You could look at Klipsch X10, or Yamaha EPH-100 as alternatives.

Hang in there, see what ljokerl has to say and others. smile.gif
post #8055 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by H20Fidelity View Post


GR07 doesn't really fall short on many genres, it's fairly consistent. Depending on your source they can lack a touch of dynamics with metal / rock, Though I"m thinking that less and less recently after changing my player. If you do like their signature they're pretty hard to beat and would probably be the next logical solution. You could look at Klipsch X10, or Yamaha EPH-100 as alternatives.
Hang in there, see what ljokerl has to say and others. smile.gif

I appreciate the advice! 

One of the biggest problems with the TF10s was trying to listen to music I liked that actually suited it. More of the bass heavier stuff just wasn't working for me. Hopefully the GR07 MKIIs will do what's needed. 

 

Also, using the Zip and an E6, so I hope that'll be up to getting most of what they have to offer.

 

Shall see what others have to say, and further my research.

 

 

Who knew trying to find a good sound could be so stressful.


Edited by marko93101 - 9/3/12 at 5:50pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)