or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 527

post #7891 of 16803
My friend didn't have the Klipsch anymore, now has Shure SE215, sounds like what I'm looking for, they could be a little more treble extended but sounds really good compared to all I heard until now, it's also true that they're the most expensive I heard so far.. GR04 is rated under GR06 from what I read..
post #7892 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by cibibikeru View Post

My friend didn't have the Klipsch anymore, now has Shure SE215, sounds like what I'm looking for, they could be a little more treble extended but sounds really good compared to all I heard until now, it's also true that they're the most expensive I heard so far.. GR04 is rated under GR06 from what I read..

The GR04 classic is, the GR04 Flagship is not. The GR06 and GR04 Classical are 24ohm, the GR04 Flagship is 50ohms, like the GR07. Many reviews have said that the GR04 Flagship is not too far behind the GR07. The Flagship was, when it came out near $100, but it is being discontinued and is now ~$50. They screwed up the naming of all of the models and it became very confusing, but the GR04 Flagship is above the GR06.

post #7893 of 16803

hi!

one of my friend is going to decide between GR04 Flagship and gr06

can anyone give me a comparison between these two? (sound isolation is important too)

 

 

thanks

post #7894 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart banger-97 View Post

hi!

one of my friend is going to decide between GR04 Flagship and gr06

can anyone give me a comparison between these two? (sound isolation is important too)

 

 

thanks


http://www.head-fi.org/t/590454/vsonic-gr06-review

post #7895 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by cibibikeru View Post

My friend didn't have the Klipsch anymore, now has Shure SE215, sounds like what I'm looking for, they could be a little more treble extended but sounds really good compared to all I heard until now, it's also true that they're the most expensive I heard so far.. GR04 is rated under GR06 from what I read..

 

You cannot really go wrong with the shures for £70 (unless you like a really bright sound)... They are not "world class" quality but they definately sound good with pretty much any genre and do not do anything badly.

post #7896 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicholars View Post

 

You cannot really go wrong with the shures for £70 (unless you like a really bright sound)... They are not "world class" quality but they definately sound good with pretty much any genre and do not do anything badly.

 

Isolation is amazing on Shure SE-215. If you commute in talky, noisy busses or trains, it works remarkably well. The fun sound is more fun when you don't have to blast them to cut all that noise out. redface.gif

post #7897 of 16803
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by andwii View Post

Great reading! thanks. 

 

beerchug.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by esanthosh View Post


There is a rumor that it might be review #350

 

or 450 evil_smiley.gif

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootsit View Post

The GR04 classic is, the GR04 Flagship is not. The GR06 and GR04 Classical are 24ohm, the GR04 Flagship is 50ohms, like the GR07. Many reviews have said that the GR04 Flagship is not too far behind the GR07. The Flagship was, when it came out near $100, but it is being discontinued and is now ~$50. They screwed up the naming of all of the models and it became very confusing, but the GR04 Flagship is above the GR06.

 

Love the VSonic nomenclature, makes perfect sense rolleyes.gif. GR99 is also the entry-level model and GR01 the flagship all the while the rest of them (mostly) follow the 'higher number is better' approach.

post #7898 of 16803
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

or 450 evil_smiley.gif

 

       dosent matter when , but when it will be out , there is going to be a riot in here .

post #7899 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

Love the VSonic nomenclature, makes perfect sense rolleyes.gif. GR99 is also the entry-level model and GR01 the flagship all the while the rest of them (mostly) follow the 'higher number is better' approach.

I just got my GR04 Pro Flagship or whatever they're called. Took a little bit of doing to get a perfect fit. But, I have achieved it, and I love them. Much to my surprise, amping makes a huge difference, probably because they're 50ohm, not 24 like the GR06/02/04 ("Classical"). For $50, these are incredible. I mean, really, incredible. I think there are 7 pairs left or some such thing, and well, I'm almost tempted to pick up a second pair...

 

Anyway, I am happier than a pig in well, let's just leave it at that!

I have only had two other IEMs: the 8320 and GR02 BE. The 8320 sounded all right, but just did not fit me. The GR02 was too bassy, but over all, was nice. The GR04 blows them both away, it is incredibly detailed, almost as detailed as my Magnums. Without amping, it's a little warm and slow sounding (not really bad, just a tiny bit). With my CMoy, they sound great, flat, smooth, and melodic.

post #7900 of 16803

I just ordered the GR04 "Flagship", if these don't sound the way I want either, I'll jump straight to 100$, the Shures sound really nice compared to budget iems I had so far, they sound like headphones, sound has body, it's not thin like on the AM-90, bass is good, not too much like GR02, and not too litlle like AM-90, mids are very good, they sound natural, not too forward, not laid back, the highs are good also, not very bright or extended, a little laid back and early roll off, this would be the only minus from my point of view, but overall I found the S215 fun to listen to, dynamic.

 

I listen mostly to rock-pop (pearl jam, led zeppelin, queen, genesis, aerosmith, dave matthews band, pink floyd but also roxette, police, sting, toto, alan parson and many many others) dynamic music with lot of instruments, good recordings, mostly good remasters, lossless format, on sansa clip+ rockboxed, I can say the source is very good.

 

I know that with the SE215, I won't hear dust particles falling on the cymbals while the band was playing, but I found them fun to listen to, I even turned up the volume more than I used to, i guess that means they are non-fatiguing (or I wansn't hearing things right?), it's the closest thing to what I'm looking for until now.. maybe someone with experience understands what I'm saying and could recomend something better for me whithin SE215's price range, i love bright but fine, sweet sound, not agressive, highs must be present but not shouting, SE215 is a little dark but everything else seems fine..

 

Now I'm waiting for the these GR04, I hope it has better mids and more refined, less fatiguing highs compared to GR02, it would be perfect..

post #7901 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by cibibikeru View Post

I just ordered the GR04 "Flagship", if these don't sound the way I want either, I'll jump straight to 100$, the Shures sound really nice compared to budget iems I had so far, they sound like headphones, sound has body, it's not thin like on the AM-90, bass is good, not too much like GR02, and not too litlle like AM-90, mids are very good, they sound natural, not too forward, not laid back, the highs are good also, not very bright or extended, a little laid back and early roll off, this would be the only minus from my point of view, but overall I found the S215 fun to listen to, dynamic.

 

I listen mostly to rock-pop (pearl jam, led zeppelin, queen, genesis, aerosmith, dave matthews band, pink floyd but also roxette, police, sting, toto, alan parson and many many others) dynamic music with lot of instruments, good recordings, mostly good remasters, lossless format, on sansa clip+ rockboxed, I can say the source is very good.

 

I know that with the SE215, I won't hear dust particles falling on the cymbals while the band was playing, but I found them fun to listen to, I even turned up the volume more than I used to, i guess that means they are non-fatiguing (or I wansn't hearing things right?), it's the closest thing to what I'm looking for until now.. maybe someone with experience understands what I'm saying and could recomend something better for me whithin SE215's price range, i love bright but fine, sweet sound, not agressive, highs must be present but not shouting, SE215 is a little dark but everything else seems fine..

 

Now I'm waiting for the these GR04, I hope it has better mids and more refined, less fatiguing highs compared to GR02, it would be perfect..


I would say it has both those things with respect to the GR02 Bass Edition. It has a LOT less bass, but I find that to be a plus, I turned the bass way down with the GR02. The bass is definitely there in the GR04, it's just very, very controlled. The Mids and imaging are ridiculous for $50.

post #7902 of 16803

I must admit the GR02 sounds good if I lower 60-10Hz band but also 5K-8K, the "ss" is killing me..

post #7903 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by cibibikeru View Post

I must admit the GR02 sounds good if I lower 60-10Hz band but also 5K-8K, the "ss" is killing me..


I didn't find them to be that sibilant, but honestly, the GR04s really are drastically different, hopefully it works for you.

post #7904 of 16803

Frankly, I found the bass and the highs to be just right on the GR02 BE. Can't call them bass heavy at all - with comply and decored olives they get a little boomy but far away from what I consider too much. Also, not sibilant - the highs may be slightly agressive but as I have ety er-4s and brainwavz b2 I prefer that. I'm more interested on how the GR04 flagship's mids sound compared to GR02 as even though the GR02's mids are nicely detailed and I like their thinner notes, they are slightly grainy at times and maybe a touch more laid back than I would have liked. I'll get the meelec banced bi-flages tomorrow to see how the GR02 sounds with them but I'm still interested in the GR04 flagship and mainly how it's mids and treble fare in comparison to the GR02? 

post #7905 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by kova4a View Post

Frankly, I found the bass and the highs to be just right on the GR02 BE. Can't call them bass heavy at all - with comply and decored olives they get a little boomy but far away from what I consider too much. Also, not sibilant - the highs may be slightly agressive but as I have ety er-4s and brainwavz b2 I prefer that. I'm more interested on how the GR04 flagship's mids sound compared to GR02 as even though the GR02's mids are nicely detailed and I like their thinner notes, they are slightly grainy at times and maybe a touch more laid back than I would have liked. I'll get the meelec banced bi-flages tomorrow to see how the GR02 sounds with them but I'm still interested in the GR04 flagship and mainly how it's mids and treble fare in comparison to the GR02? 


The Meelec balanced sound bi flanges didn't change the sound much for me, just gave me a great seal and made them super comfy. I consider the 02 to be way too bass heavy for me. The 04s have phenomenal mids.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)