or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 525

post #7861 of 16802

I just made a rather boneheaded discovery, and wanted to share. The Vsonic IEMs are getting suggested a lot on here, and many are using LendMeUrEars.com to purchase them. They are a great seller, I've used them a few times, and would recommend them.

 

However, those in the US, make sure to change the currency at the top of their site to USD, not Singapore Dollars. If you do the transaction in Singapore Dollars, you will be charged an extra 2.5% by PayPal for the foreign conversion fees. If they invoice you in USD, and you pay in USD, PayPal does not collect the 2.5%. For me, this amounted to only a few dollars, but for big transactions, this could be a big deal!

 

This likely applies to any time there is a money conversion taking place, on any site.

 

Hope this helps someone!

post #7862 of 16802

ok ordering the cc51 today

post #7863 of 16802
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by funsound View Post

How much better are the pfe232? are they worth the $200 price difference?

 

If you're going to buy a brand new IEM anyway - maybe. If getting your W3 fixed or reshelled for <$150 is an option, probably not. You have to understand that there's strong diminishing returns in play at that price point - the $200 "price difference" can buy a whole other top-tier IEM these days. It's been a while since I've heard the W3 but from what I remember of it, the PFE tends to have smoother treble, more controlled bass, and a more layered and versatile soundstage. 

 

 

 
Thanks for the advice. I pulled the trigger on the 232's. Hope they are as good as you say =D.
post #7864 of 16802
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcarboleda View Post

Hello, i'm newly registered but I always check head-fi when I want to study reviews on headphones.. I play the bass guitar.. and have gigs.. and a music enthusiast

First of all.. Does this thread have an updated table of comparison? I only saw the one on the 1st page and did not try to search anything else because this has 523 pages in it so far.. It was also posted 2 years ago if i'm right..

I don't have much budget so I wanna hit the sweet spot on what I shall need.. I could spend $300 at most on one earphone.. and I'm looking at Etymotic-ER4S because of its build and sound accuracy.. I know it doesn't have that much bass although I need it.. But what I'm after are monitors that can distinguish every details of a music and can isolate greatly because I always need it on  studios, gigs and also applicable to sleep into.. I would greatly consider recommendations.. But please.. try not to confuse me with so many.. I hope my dread for great earphones be solved at this thread..

Advance thank you for the replies ^^

 

The table is updated every time I add a new earphone to the review (so, last updated 08/03/12). 

 

For a combination of accuracy and immense isolation it doesn't get much better than the ER4S, but before jumping off the deep end you may want to consider spending 1/3 as much on an HF5. Still very accurate and very isolating but more of an 'entry' step. If you wanted a little more bass than an Ety, the Fischer Audio SBA-03 / MEElectronics A161P (same earphone) is an option as well. They run $100-130.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by scootsit View Post

I just made a rather boneheaded discovery, and wanted to share. The Vsonic IEMs are getting suggested a lot on here, and many are using LendMeUrEars.com to purchase them. They are a great seller, I've used them a few times, and would recommend them.

 

However, those in the US, make sure to change the currency at the top of their site to USD, not Singapore Dollars. If you do the transaction in Singapore Dollars, you will be charged an extra 2.5% by PayPal for the foreign conversion fees. If they invoice you in USD, and you pay in USD, PayPal does not collect the 2.5%. For me, this amounted to only a few dollars, but for big transactions, this could be a big deal!

 

This likely applies to any time there is a money conversion taking place, on any site.

 

Hope this helps someone!

 

Good tip!

post #7865 of 16802

I just spoke to someone at lendmeurears.com and the current GR04 is the flagship edition, which is technically above the GR06 in the lineup, falling between the GR06 and the GR07. VSonic really screwed the pooch on the naming. Anyway, they are phasing out the GR04, so it is on special for about $50... Just FYI.

post #7866 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

The table is updated every time I add a new earphone to the review (so, last updated 08/03/12). 

 

For a combination of accuracy and immense isolation it doesn't get much better than the ER4S, but before jumping off the deep end you may want to consider spending 1/3 as much on an HF5. Still very accurate and very isolating but more of an 'entry' step. If you wanted a little more bass than an Ety, the Fischer Audio SBA-03 / MEElectronics A161P (same earphone) is an option as well. They run $100-130.

I'm impressed on how you keep this thread updated.. 

I also added HF5 on my list but here's the thing for me.. I'm from Philippines and don't have much chance to try IEMs in personal before I use it.. I know it differs from each personal preferences.. I think this best suites me because of its isolation, build (which makes it portable) and especially its sound I'd like to find the best performing IEM for me in a one time only purchase.. and I find the ER4S' build to be really built strong and I also am not bothered of microphonics that much.. also it has changeable cables which is really good for me.. It has been always the problem whenever I owned an earphone.. 

I didn't say I didn't need an 'entry step'.. its just that with the resources I have.. I'll have very limited chance to try some for now.. Hope you understand.. I still am open to suggestions.. By the way whats the sound signature of the HifiManRE272 compared to a ER4S of course.. thanks ^^ 

post #7867 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

If you found the Coppers treble overbearing I would give the W3 and maybe event the TF10 a pass. There's a number of smoother-sounding in-ears in that price range, including the new Miles Davis Trumpets and the cheaper Yamaha EPH-100.

 

How does the SQ of the EPH-100 compare to copper? And would you give any other recommendations for $150-250?

post #7868 of 16802

I've been lurking this thread for about a month now while shopping for a beginner's budget IEM. As a casual listener, I only use my 6g Nano/PC with built in soundcard/Smartphone for my music and usually listen to mp3s of questionable quality or basic Spotify. I said to myself I will not spend more than $50 on IEMs. After spending hours on this thread, learning buzzwords and taking music quality into consideration, I ordered the CC51P off Amazon for just under 30 dollars based off of |joker|'s review. Let me just say I'm extremely happy with my purchase. Before the CC51P, I've been using EP-630 for 5+ years and Skullcandy Ink'd for a few months before it broke on me. |joker|, Thanks for putting this together. The CC51P have made music fun and extremely enjoyable regardless of genre.

post #7869 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by neige View Post

I've been lurking this thread for about a month now while shopping for a beginner's budget IEM. As a casual listener, I only use my 6g Nano/PC with built in soundcard/Smartphone for my music and usually listen to mp3s of questionable quality or basic Spotify. I said to myself I will not spend more than $50 on IEMs. After spending hours on this thread, learning buzzwords and taking music quality into consideration, I ordered the CC51P off Amazon for just under 30 dollars based off of |joker|'s review. Let me just say I'm extremely happy with my purchase. Before the CC51P, I've been using EP-630 for 5+ years and Skullcandy Ink'd for a few months before it broke on me. |joker|, Thanks for putting this together. The CC51P have made music fun and extremely enjoyable regardless of genre.


       you got saved man , cc51 are the boss of sub $50 iems .

post #7870 of 16802
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcarboleda View Post

I'm impressed on how you keep this thread updated.. 

I also added HF5 on my list but here's the thing for me.. I'm from Philippines and don't have much chance to try IEMs in personal before I use it.. I know it differs from each personal preferences.. I think this best suites me because of its isolation, build (which makes it portable) and especially its sound I'd like to find the best performing IEM for me in a one time only purchase.. and I find the ER4S' build to be really built strong and I also am not bothered of microphonics that much.. also it has changeable cables which is really good for me.. It has been always the problem whenever I owned an earphone.. 

I didn't say I didn't need an 'entry step'.. its just that with the resources I have.. I'll have very limited chance to try some for now.. Hope you understand.. I still am open to suggestions.. By the way whats the sound signature of the HifiManRE272 compared to a ER4S of course.. thanks ^^ 

 

The RE272 isn't all that different - slightly more spacious, softer and more relaxed in terms of note presentation, not as crisp. The ER4S has more aggressive detailing, more  punchy bass, and tends to be more forward and less airy.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinze View Post

 

How does the SQ of the EPH-100 compare to copper? And would you give any other recommendations for $150-250?

 

Overall very close, with the EPH-100 being perhaps a little cleaner-sounding and the Coppers having a wider stage and touch more treble. Other options to look into would be the Turbine Pro Gold, which is a little less trebly than the Copper, one of the Radius earphones (TWF11 or TWF21), or maybe the Earsonics SM2 from the BA realm, which is about as warm and smooth as armatures get. The last one would be best to audition first.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neige View Post

I've been lurking this thread for about a month now while shopping for a beginner's budget IEM. As a casual listener, I only use my 6g Nano/PC with built in soundcard/Smartphone for my music and usually listen to mp3s of questionable quality or basic Spotify. I said to myself I will not spend more than $50 on IEMs. After spending hours on this thread, learning buzzwords and taking music quality into consideration, I ordered the CC51P off Amazon for just under 30 dollars based off of |joker|'s review. Let me just say I'm extremely happy with my purchase. Before the CC51P, I've been using EP-630 for 5+ years and Skullcandy Ink'd for a few months before it broke on me. |joker|, Thanks for putting this together. The CC51P have made music fun and extremely enjoyable regardless of genre.

 

Good deal, the CC51 is still one of my favorite mid-fi sets. Something about its sound just works for me.

post #7871 of 16802

ljokerl, since I already own the GR07 and the RE-262 (and also the EPH-100), would the Sony EX1000 bring me anything significant in the lows and mids areas (I'm not a big treble fan) mostly for Rock and Metal listen, that would justify their purchase? I'm looking at my next IEM purchase, and I'm not sure if it's a good idea to go for a higher-end dynamic like the EX1000 (and I already own some good dynamics), or instead, if I should go for a multi-BA IEM (I don't own any BA, never even heard one)... wink.gif

post #7872 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post

ljokerl, since I already own the GR07 and the RE-262 (and also the EPH-100), would the Sony EX1000 bring me anything significant in the lows and mids areas (I'm not a big treble fan) mostly for Rock and Metal listen, that would justify their purchase? I'm looking at my next IEM purchase, and I'm not sure if it's a good idea to go for a higher-end dynamic like the EX1000 (and I already own some good dynamics), or instead, if I should go for a multi-BA IEM (I don't own any BA, never even heard one)... wink.gif


        there is a sony xb90ex in the pipe line and will be available in 2-3 months , and is said to be better then the ex1000 . im holding every thing back for that . only if you can wait that long cuz waiting can be difficult .

post #7873 of 16802
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by putente View Post

ljokerl, since I already own the GR07 and the RE-262 (and also the EPH-100), would the Sony EX1000 bring me anything significant in the lows and mids areas (I'm not a big treble fan) mostly for Rock and Metal listen, that would justify their purchase? I'm looking at my next IEM purchase, and I'm not sure if it's a good idea to go for a higher-end dynamic like the EX1000 (and I already own some good dynamics), or instead, if I should go for a multi-BA IEM (I don't own any BA, never even heard one)... wink.gif

 

I think in your case the best thing the EX1000 will bring to the table is its open soundstage. If you don't care about that, I would definitely try and armature (multi- or single) instead.

post #7874 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

I think in your case the best thing the EX1000 will bring to the table is its open soundstage. If you don't care about that, I would definitely try and armature (multi- or single) instead.

 

 

Yes, soundstage isn't the aspect I care about most when I'm listening to music! I'll take your advice and go the BA way (those new Heir Audio universals are very tempting)... Thanks! wink.gif

post #7875 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by suman134 View Post


        there is a sony xb90ex in the pipe line and will be available in 2-3 months , and is said to be better then the ex1000 . im holding every thing back for that . only if you can wait that long cuz waiting can be difficult .

 

 

That's also the ETA for the new Vsonic GR08, and hopefully I'll be all over those then... smile.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)