- 16 Posts. Joined 7/2012
- Select All Posts By This User
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
There are a few brands that could be considered a powerhouse in the world of audio and headphones and beyerdynamic is without a doubt one of them. beyerdynamic has been family owned since...
REVIEWER INTRODUCTION First of all, I want to introduce my gear while writing this review. I'm using my AKG K612 PRO headphone with my Fiio X3 2nd Gen dedicated DAP. Currently I don't own any...
Preamble Whilst I have been an audio enthusiast for many years now, I must admit I have never really been all that interested in using any kind of esoteric cables with my systems. I have always...
Preamble: It is finally happening – Brainwavz Audio is making in-ears with Balanced Armature drivers again. After they were introduced to the public few months ago, the two single-BA...
The Lyra, released back in 2014-15 was refreshed along with Campfire Audio's dynamic and hybrid lineup as the Lyra II, and is a personal single dynamic driver favourite. We would like to thank...
Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 513post #7681 of 168357/28/12 at 4:16am^ I will try SHE 3580. thanks for the advice =)
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #7682 of 168357/28/12 at 7:21amQuote:Originally Posted by Kuray
I planned to get Unique Melody Miracle. Only problem is it takes about $100 for shipping to send impressions to China.
Those who bought from overseas and send their impressions from US, which shipping company they used and how much they paid?
I don't have too much money to spend for shipping.
Also, if anyone know good audiologist in Manhattan, New York?
I do! Park76 Audiologist. 25 Years of Excellent service. :Dpost #7683 of 168357/28/12 at 7:25ampost #7684 of 168357/28/12 at 10:08amQuote:Originally Posted by ljokerl
Have you thought of getting custom tips for the HF5? It will still (almost) be within your budget. As far as other options go, I think you might like the HiFiMan RE262 (or used RE272) based on your HD600 experience, or the GR07 (slightly edgier than the HiFiMan stuff but not as 'clinical' as an Ety). You could also try a MEElec A161P (reviewed as the Fischer SBA-03 here) - it's got more bass and slightly more subdued highs than your average Ety but still performs similarly overall.
Thanks for your thoughts Joker. I've done a bit more reading on the ones you've mentioned, but I get the feeling that unless I spring for something like the RE272 I'm going to get a different but not necessarily better overall sound. Maybe I should give the q-jays a try with some other tips while saving and looking out for a used RE272. Do you have suggestions on what tips to try with the q-jays? I have a hard time figuring out what's compatible because manufacturers never list it specifically.post #7685 of 168357/28/12 at 12:51pm
I just want to thank you, Joker for your suggestions and for this thread. Despite your cautioning against it (I'm not too fond of bass heavy sets), I went for the GR02 Bass Edition. I have to say that you are spot on in your advice and reviews. They are extremely nice phones, great sound quality, but there is a bit more bass than I would have liked. I switched my iPod eq to "Bass Reducer" and couldn't be happier. They sound balanced and analytical and not at all lean. Additionally, the GR02 can be had even cheaper from Lend Me Ur Ears without the Sony Hybrid style tips. I seem to have very finicky ears, nothing fits my left ear. I think that my inner canal is very narrow and my outer ear is very wide, so few tips fit well, including bi-flanges. On a lark, I placed an order with Meelec. I got some of their "Balanced Sound" tips, small triple flanges, over ear loops and a case. Everything they sell is reasonably priced and very well made. I couldn't get the triple flanges to fit, but the "Balanced Sound" bi-flanges are incredible! They use a much softer, thinner silicone that isolates incredibly well and is extra comfy! Do they balance the sound of the GR02? Not really, but boy are they comfortable! I found that by installing the GR02s upside down, with or without over-ear-guides, they insert deeper and the comfort is incredible!
Anyway, those are my thoughts, somewhat non sequitur, but I wanted to share.post #7686 of 168357/28/12 at 1:01pmpost #7689 of 168357/28/12 at 9:36pm
no the dtx is not the most bassy iem , but its big , it dont need any amp , why you dont settle with the cc51 , good bass , nice clarity , not the most awesome highs , really nice mid , dtx for me are not value . and it dont need any amp .
post #7690 of 168357/28/12 at 9:37pmpost #7694 of 168357/29/12 at 1:09am
Bass is good quality. It's V shaped, midrange is recessed. A fun IEM to listen to. I'd probably get one if given the chance.
Isolation depend on your ear canal size, nozzle diameter is 6mm. It is a vented IEM.post #7695 of 168357/29/12 at 1:19am
nice isolation , good bass , slightly v shaped , buy the dtx is a big V . there is nothing in 6mm diameter , the bigger tips fit really awesome , the mid ear tips are not bad at all . but one trouble , no other tip will fit . if bass you need , then try the ue 400 and xb41ex .Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › IC: Verisonix I502C eloctrostatic hybrid 2 seconds ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 14 seconds ago
- › CHORD ELECTRONICS DAVE 20 seconds ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 23 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 32 seconds ago
- › Windows 10 -- USB Audio 2.0 class driver use with Chord Mojo 43 seconds ago
- › Earbuds Round-Up 1 minute ago
- › 128GB SanDisk Ultra Micro SD XC Card (& adaptor) 1 minute ago
- › Band Name Game II 1 minute ago
- › 1964 Ears A6 (64 Audio A6) 2 minutes ago
- › Beyerdynamic T5p Second Generation Audiophile Headphones by crabdog
- › AKG K612 PRO Reference Studio Headphones by Mustainized
- › Burson Audio Cable+ by Peddler
- › Brainwavz B100 Balanced Armature Earphone by HiFiChris
- › Campfire Audio Lyra II by alffla
- › Kingston Headset KHX-H3CL/WR HyperX Cloud Headset Black Retail by tproc
- › Superlux HD-681 EVO Black Professional Monitor Headphones by tproc
- › Burson Audio Supreme Sound Opamp V5 by NCSUZoSo
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by FortisFlyer75
- › Audio-Opus Opus#2 by twister6
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear