or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 508

post #7606 of 16803
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinn3r View Post

 

Be sure to check the cable you're using.

If you're using the balanced cable it will mean that there will only be sound from one channel.

 

+1. I've actually had that scare with my RE-ZERO the one time when I didn't notice that the single-ended adapter had somehow become detached.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedSky0 View Post

 

That's cool, having not read through the thread comments, I thought I was the lone voice in the wilderness. Seems there's quite a story behind this ...

 

No worries, someone asks every few dozen pages.

post #7607 of 16803

I'm very much looking forward to your Heaven S review, joker.. I've been very curious about that phone for a long time.

post #7608 of 16803

Hi, I'm looking for a new pair of iems for £100 or less. I will need to be able to use them on the go, and I will use them on the bus, so good isolation is important. I'm looking at the brainwavz b2, hifiman re262 and rockit sounds r 50 at the minute. I was wondering if you could give me your opinion on the r 50, or suggest any other iems from this price range that i could consider.

post #7609 of 16803

hey , joker , you seem in bad mood about the trple fi 10 , but i will say , you can ditch the old ones which are not available in the market .

im not saying about tf10 .

by the way , i wonder if some one can help me with some awesome offline stores in uk , thinking of a tour after the olympics .

post #7610 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xinn3r View Post

Be sure to check the cable you're using.
If you're using the balanced cable it will mean that there will only be sound from one channel.

I'm just using the headphones with no adapter attached. That should work right?

*edit* - nevermind, I'm an idiot. I figured it out. Thanks for the help guys.
Edited by draven5494 - 7/20/12 at 4:40am
post #7611 of 16803

Hi ljokerl,

 

How would you describe the sound of the GR07 as compared to the SM3?  I just got the SM3 and have been really enjoying them - I think I prefer it to the UM3X because the Westones, to me, had a too forward midrange and too much bass.  I think I would actually want a bit less bass than the SM3, ideally.  On the other hand, the highs seem basically perfect to me - I guess I'm really sensitive to treble fatigue.

 

Would the GR07 have similar highs to the SM3, or is it significantly more fatiguing?  And how does their bass compare?  Also, are they similar in isolation (the SM3 is probably the lowest I'd want to go in terms of isolation)?

 

Thanks!

post #7612 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by nyonya View Post

Hi ljokerl,

How would you describe the sound of the GR07 as compared to the SM3?  

I am not joker (not even close smile.gif) but the GR07 is more fatiguing to me than the SM3.  Like you, I find the highs on the SM3 to be great for longer term listening. That said, still like to rock out with the more substantial treble of the GR07 quite often.

 

I love the bass on the GR07.  It hits a little lower than the SM3, which I like. SM3 can feel bassier on songs that have more mid-bass.

 

I think the isolation is pretty tip dependent.  For me, the SM3 isolates better, but I am using double-flange Atrio tips rather than the single flange Vsonic tips I use on the GR07.

post #7613 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPulse View Post

I am not joker (not even close smile.gif) but the GR07 is more fatiguing to me than the SM3.  Like you, I find the highs on the SM3 to be great for longer term listening. That said, still like to rock out with the more substantial treble of the GR07 quite often.

 

I love the bass on the GR07.  It hits a little lower than the SM3, which I like. SM3 can feel bassier on songs that have more mid-bass.

 

I think the isolation is pretty tip dependent.  For me, the SM3 isolates better, but I am using double-flange Atrio tips rather than the single flange Vsonic tips I use on the GR07.

Thanks for your response!  Can you compare the treble of the GR07 to any other earphones (I've heard the UM3X, HF5 and FXT90).  Thanks!

post #7614 of 16803

Hey Joker, I got a couple review samples from Red Giant and am posting a review soon. I'd love to shoot 'em off your way with some unused tips and see what you think of them for this thread, too. 

post #7615 of 16803
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySweep View Post

I'm very much looking forward to your Heaven S review, joker.. I've been very curious about that phone for a long time.

 

It's certainly an interesting one - hoping it's one of the next reviews I can finish up.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by alex d View Post

Hi, I'm looking for a new pair of iems for £100 or less. I will need to be able to use them on the go, and I will use them on the bus, so good isolation is important. I'm looking at the brainwavz b2, hifiman re262 and rockit sounds r 50 at the minute. I was wondering if you could give me your opinion on the r 50, or suggest any other iems from this price range that i could consider.

 

I haven't heard the R-50 yet. The B2 and RE262 are solid options. So is the Yamaha EPH-100 or Etymotic HF5, both of which isolate better than the HiFiMan. Really depends on what kind of sound you're looking for.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by suman134 View Post

hey , joker , you seem in bad mood about the trple fi 10 , but i will say , you can ditch the old ones which are not available in the market .

im not saying about tf10 .

by the way , i wonder if some one can help me with some awesome offline stores in uk , thinking of a tour after the olympics .

 

Those reviews are finished, I just never bothered posting them since I wanted to put them up together with the TF10.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyonya View Post

Hi ljokerl,

 

How would you describe the sound of the GR07 as compared to the SM3?  I just got the SM3 and have been really enjoying them - I think I prefer it to the UM3X because the Westones, to me, had a too forward midrange and too much bass.  I think I would actually want a bit less bass than the SM3, ideally.  On the other hand, the highs seem basically perfect to me - I guess I'm really sensitive to treble fatigue.

 

Would the GR07 have similar highs to the SM3, or is it significantly more fatiguing?  And how does their bass compare?  Also, are they similar in isolation (the SM3 is probably the lowest I'd want to go in terms of isolation)?

 

Thanks!

 

Agree with RapidPulse, I don't think you will like the GR07 - it's more fatiguing than the SM3 and the isolation is a little lower on average. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjames View Post

Hey Joker, I got a couple review samples from Red Giant and am posting a review soon. I'd love to shoot 'em off your way with some unused tips and see what you think of them for this thread, too. 

 

I've actually been contacted about the Red Giant stuff in the past and I've had to turn it down for the time being. Really don't want to add to the queue since I can't seem to get through it. 

post #7616 of 16803

Hey Joker could you or did you do a review on the AudioTechnica ATH-CKS77?  Thanks!  I just purchased the vPulse because I'm looking for a sub for some speakers and I stumble on the vPulse.  I just purchased it and now the ATH-CKS77 to see which one I'd like more.  But I was wondering if you did a review on the ATH-CKS77.

 

Thanks!

post #7617 of 16803

Hello, I'm looking for an advice.

I prefer music like John Legend, Coldplay, David Guetta, Jamiroquai. So I look into good bass (and I want my ears are isolated from the rest) but at the same time with good medium and high, before I had sennheiser cx 300 II, but some experts told me that GR02 vsonic is much better than sennheiser I used and that are perfect for my requirments. What about your opinion?

I was considering some inears available in europe (vsonic are from singapore it will take long time) so with a fast shipment and with the same price of vsonic 30 euro more or less, any advice?

I listen music with iphone 4.

Thank you.

post #7618 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

Agree with RapidPulse, I don't think you will like the GR07 - it's more fatiguing than the SM3 and the isolation is a little lower on average. 

 

 

 

Thanks for the response!  Are there any other earphones you'd suggest for me to listen to, given my preferences?

post #7619 of 16803
Hey, sorry to be a bother if other people already asked this/you already answered it --

Out of pure curiosity are you planning on reviewing the JVC FXD80 and/or the Audio Technica CKM500s? They're both relatively new and similarly priced IEMs and people are going bonkers about how they "sound way above their price range" (about $80 each). I have the CKM500s myself, but very little experience with IEMs, so I don't know if the claims are true, and I would love to see how your review compares them against the hundreds of other IEMs you've reviewed!
post #7620 of 16803

Hi Joker,

I bought a GR06 based on your reviews and it's awesome, and I discovered that I like bright sound / forward mids 
What upgrade do you recommend for an "In-your-face" sound, with up-front vocals ?
Do you think the Brainwavz B2 can sound "forwarded" at the vocals while show a lot of details ?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)