or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 50

post #736 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdp7 View Post

Just want to show appreciation for this amazing thread.  I'm now deciding between the iM-590's or the visang R02s


Just got my R02s today...only took about 6 days.  I havent listend to them much but enough to know i am pleased with the purchase.  I was most concerned with the bass output (I know, I know, but I listen to a decent amount of hip hip, sue me) and I am fine with their output.  I first used them with the biflange tips...didnt liek the bass at all and my heart sank some.  Swapped to the faom tips and got a better response right away.  I am goign to try the other silicone tips as well but I think I just have small ears.  This isnt the first time I have had fitment issues.  So I cant speak for the iM-590, but the R02 is a good investment.

 

sigh...now I want to try some Audio Eternas.


Edited by idvsego - 9/8/10 at 12:31pm
post #737 of 16802
Thread Starter 

Going to be out of town for the rest of the week so decided to add three 'half in-ear' earphones - the Phiaton PS210, Yamaha EPH-50, and Pioneer SE-CLX50 - while I still can. 

post #738 of 16802

Hi,

 

I would like to ask you TS, between HJE900 and DBA 002, which is a better at which aspect? Thanks!

post #739 of 16802
Thread Starter 

Quote:

Originally Posted by sweetguy5 

I would like to ask you TS, between HJE900 and DBA 002, which is a better at which aspect? Thanks!


The DBA-02 is 'better' at everything except bass quantity, soundstage depth, and timbre reproduction. And of course build quality.

post #740 of 16802

ljokerl thanks for taking the time to review all of these iems. Sorry if this has been asked before, but in your opinion how does the eq7 bass quantity compare to ck10.

post #741 of 16802

e-Q7 has a bit more but not by much

post #742 of 16802

^ x2 for quantity, but texture and decay are different and closer to dynamic drivers.

post #743 of 16802

Thanks for the replies. Would this be a good representation of bass quantity tf10 >> eq7 > ck10. This is such a hard decision, the eq7's seem to have the type of sound signature I would like except for the bass quantity. The tf10 were just about perfect quantity wise and the ck10 were a little to light on the bass for my tastes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post

e-Q7 has a bit more but not by much





Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post

^ x2 for quantity, but texture and decay are different and closer to dynamic drivers.

post #744 of 16802
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hh3808 View Post

Thanks for the replies. Would this be a good representation of bass quantity tf10 >> eq7 > ck10. This is such a hard decision, the eq7's seem to have the type of sound signature I would like except for the bass quantity. The tf10 were just about perfect quantity wise and the ck10 were a little to light on the bass for my tastes.


Yes, I'd agree with that breakdown, assuming that each individual '>' is a relatively small increment. 

post #745 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post


 


Yes, I'd agree with that breakdown, assuming that each individual '>' is a relatively small increment. 


Thanks

post #746 of 16802

Got my MEE M9s today. Ordered them based on price (disposable) and the review in this and the other mega-IEM review thread. I hope they improve with burn in because these are terrible. Extreme recessed mids and substantially rolled off highs. The detail somehow manages to be decent at times, but things like audience applause sounds thick and heavy instead of quick and crisp. Listening to a violin it sounds like someone put a crossover to only hear the highs because the sound isn't full at all. The mids are just gone. Voices are clear, but very thin.

 

The soundstage is larger than I anticipated, and with a good amount of air. The bass is more than I'm used to, but it does seem to be relatively well defined. The biggest positive about the M9s is after the disaster that are the Q-Jays, these at least fit comfortably. Despite their tiny size the Q-Jays were horribly uncomfortable. Using the smallest flange on left and the standard double flange on the right (left canal is smaller) gives me a fit I should be able to wear for hours. The Q-Jays left me in serious pain after a mere 30 minutes, no matter which tips I used.

 

These comments are based on comparison to Portapros which are virtually the same price ($25 and $30) and sound infinitely better. Only got the M9s because they are ultra-portable and they had glowing reviews. I'm not sure how these can get such great reviews when the sound is so terribly broken.

 

Listening to V0 mp3 on iPod Touch 4G at 40-60% volume.


Edited by Maxvla - 9/10/10 at 6:17pm
post #747 of 16802
Thread Starter 

Burn-in should definitely help a little but you may have been expecting a bit too much from $20 in-ears - they will never be as smooth as portapros. Still, the treble should be quite prominent, almost excessive. Make sure that you have a good seal - the M9s are very sensitive to insertion depth and you may want to try other tips on them. 

post #748 of 16802

Hi Ijokerl,

 

Right now I have 2 iems: Phonak PFE & Fischer DBA 02. do you have input for upgrade? i love more pfe compare to dba 02 due to forward and smooth vocal. dba02 is laid back except i plug the right into left and the left itu right.  

 

Thanks

post #749 of 16802


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxvla View Post

Got my MEE M9s today. Ordered them based on price (disposable) and the review in this and the other mega-IEM review thread. I hope they improve with burn in because these are terrible. Extreme recessed mids and substantially rolled off highs. The detail somehow manages to be decent at times, but things like audience applause sounds thick and heavy instead of quick and crisp. Listening to a violin it sounds like someone put a crossover to only hear the highs because the sound isn't full at all. The mids are just gone. Voices are clear, but very thin.

 

The soundstage is larger than I anticipated, and with a good amount of air. The bass is more than I'm used to, but it does seem to be relatively well defined. The biggest positive about the M9s is after the disaster that are the Q-Jays, these at least fit comfortably. Despite their tiny size the Q-Jays were horribly uncomfortable. Using the smallest flange on left and the standard double flange on the right (left canal is smaller) gives me a fit I should be able to wear for hours. The Q-Jays left me in serious pain after a mere 30 minutes, no matter which tips I used.

 

These comments are based on comparison to Portapros which are virtually the same price ($25 and $30) and sound infinitely better. Only got the M9s because they are ultra-portable and they had glowing reviews. I'm not sure how these can get such great reviews when the sound is so terribly broken.

 

Listening to V0 mp3 on iPod Touch 4G at 40-60% volume.

The highs are not so rolled off as you are saying in my oppinion
 

post #750 of 16802

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kantongkresek View Post

Hi Ijokerl,

 

Right now I have 2 iems: Phonak PFE & Fischer DBA 02. do you have input for upgrade? i love more pfe compare to dba 02 due to forward and smooth vocal. dba02 is laid back except i plug the right into left and the left itu right.  

 

Thanks


Looking forward to Joker's opinion, as far as I am concerned the logical upgrade for PFE lovers who like forward and smooth vocals would be without a doubt the e-Q7. Just my 2c.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)