or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 463

post #6931 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

 

MEElec A151 if you're in the US. You may even have budget left over for some Complys. Otherwise you may want to go for a straight-barrel and wear it over-the-ear - an Etymotic MC5 or EtyKids would be the best bet for isolation.

 

i dont live in the US so the A151 is more tha $50 for me.

how does the Astrotec AM-90 isolate?

post #6932 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by PakoBoy View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

 

MEElec A151 if you're in the US. You may even have budget left over for some Complys. Otherwise you may want to go for a straight-barrel and wear it over-the-ear - an Etymotic MC5 or EtyKids would be the best bet for isolation.

 

i dont live in the US so the A151 is more tha $50 for me.

how does the Astrotec AM-90 isolate?

they'r $50 at ebay, shipping is $7 though

post #6933 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

 

If that 50% off MG7 coupon is still active that would be one. Otherwise the Hippo VB or maybe even Velodyne vPulse.

 

Thanks joker, I have purchased MG7 from ebay. It will take approx. 15 days to reach me.

 

So Atrio MG7 is the best IEM when it comes to bass quantity and quality?

 

Does it has more bass than the Brainwavz M2 and Eterna V1?

 

Also Does Atrio MG7 needs any portable AMP to reveal it's true potential?

 

I have Nationite Nanite N2.


Edited by abhijollyguy - 5/11/12 at 5:51am
post #6934 of 16802

Hey.

 

Here I've had the custom monitors done and these *still* need balancing. Oh well.

(These Spiral Ear SE-5 Reference are balanced about like bright Beyerdynamic T1. Other than this, I think nothing can beat the quality.

For fans of graphs, here's the correction: http://ompldr.org/vZG9jdg )

 

I'd like something for portable use when I can't use the equalizer rig,

that's balanced and built for quality like Monster Turbine Pro Gold, but with better ergonomics and less bling.

Deep fit IEMs are better as shallow fit is hard due to a narrow part of ear canal.

Perhaps like Brainwavz B2, but better.

Fisher's new DBA-02 mkII? But those are for shallow fit and I have problems with that.

 

Any recommendations?


Edited by AstralStorm - 5/11/12 at 7:10am
post #6935 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstralStorm View Post

(Perhaps like Brainwavz B2, but better. Fisher's new DBA-02 mkII? But those are for shallow fit and I have problems with that.)

 

The MKII isn't for shallow fit. If anything, it's a lot easier to achieve a deep fit with it. What gave you that impression?

post #6936 of 16802
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweden View Post

joker what would be your favorite picks for two training in-ear below 100? Something that have good comfort, great cable with no microphonics and stays in the ear.

One that is balanced, have good midrange and would work great for rock and metal and one with stronger bass that would suit bassheavy electronic music.

 

Westone 1 is around that price. Also VSonic GR06 + cable guides. For stronger bass maybe the Shure SE215 or if that's not enough bass - the Eterna + cable guides. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaz115 View Post

What are your thoughts on the Denon C710? No review of them in this thread, and right now im thinking of either those or the FXT-90's. How different are they, and which are better for all around use? Also what are some other options in that kind of price range? ~130USD

 

There's a review of the C710, it's number (2B3).

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PakoBoy View Post

 

i dont live in the US so the A151 is more tha $50 for me.

how does the Astrotec AM-90 isolate?

 

Almost as well as the A151 but it's a straight-barrel design so you might as well have an Ety if they're available. 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijollyguy View Post

 

Thanks joker, I have purchased MG7 from ebay. It will take approx. 15 days to reach me.

 

So Atrio MG7 is the best IEM when it comes to bass quantity and quality?

 

Does it has more bass than the Brainwavz M2 and Eterna V1?

 

Also Does Atrio MG7 needs any portable AMP to reveal it's true potential?

 

I have Nationite Nanite N2.

 

The N2 should be more than sufficient for an MG7. I must have recommended it for a reason but I wouldn't have said that it has the best bass quality at a high quantity - among universals that's still the JVC FX700 in my book.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post

 

The MKII isn't for shallow fit. If anything, it's a lot easier to achieve a deep fit with it. What gave you that impression?

 

+1. Although I wouldn't call it an upgrade over the B2, but then it depends on what you're after.

post #6937 of 16802

hey everybody....i need a BASS HEAVY IEM, my budget is $50
i don't know much about highs and mids and stuff so my main concern is BASS although other things matter too, but not so much..
so what are my options..any help will be much appreciated..:)
 

post #6938 of 16802

anybody????????????

post #6939 of 16802

Comparing the RE262's to the JVC HA-FXT-90s...what are the big differences? In the review of the RE262, what does  cable-down fit not for everyone mean? :/ What are some other similar earphones compared to the JVC's? 

 

also would you recommend the 262's if its not possible for me to try them out first hand before buying? Cos I can and have tried out the FXT90 but havent tried the 262's yet


Edited by Spaz115 - 5/11/12 at 9:49am
post #6940 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomscy2000 View Post

The MKII isn't for shallow fit. If anything, it's a lot easier to achieve a deep fit with it. What gave you that impression?

See, I've even had problems with GR07, mostly due to the short tips and the fact that nothing really fits it.

With RE272, I couldn't get deep fit due to 4.5mm nozzle and lack of deep tips of that kind. It's telling when the marshmellow-like tips fit the best.

Perhaps I should grab a Monster fit kit?

 

I still didn't get a recommendation. Perhaps I should get MTPG and apply file and paint job to it? rolleyes.gif

 

(Other than that, RE272 broke due to cable hardening; I'm on to fixing them - I don't think warranty will do any good, it's a cable flaw, probably silicone sheath. Needs to be replaced in full.)

post #6941 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstralStorm View Post

See, I've even had problems with GR07, mostly due to the short tips and the fact that nothing really fits it.

With RE272, I couldn't get deep fit due to 4.5mm nozzle and lack of deep tips of that kind. It's telling when the marshmellow-like tips fit the best.

Perhaps I should grab a Monster fit kit?

 

I still didn't get a recommendation. Perhaps I should get MTPG and apply file and paint job to it? rolleyes.gif

 

(Other than that, RE272 broke due to cable hardening; I'm on to fixing them - I don't think warranty will do any good, it's a cable flaw, probably silicone sheath. Needs to be replaced in full.)

 

These should solve your problems

 

http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Original_Triple_flange_Eartips_p/tipset3-tf35l-mrg-bk.htm

post #6942 of 16802

why dont you try a meelec M11+ or a yamaha eph-50 , or i think ue 350 will do too .
 

post #6943 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 

The N2 should be more than sufficient for an MG7. I must have recommended it for a reason but I wouldn't have said that it has the best bass quality at a high quantity - among universals that's still the JVC FX700 in my book.

 

 

ok so For pure bass quality with quantity, Your favorite is JVC FX700. But I am afraid of sibilance issue and fatigue issues with the JVC FX700. So after JVC FX700, it is MG7 which is the best in bass(quantity with quality)?

 

So out of FX700 and MG7, which one would you call the "Quality over Quantity bass" IEM?

 

One more question: Does amping help in the case of MG7? Any external amp like FiiO E11 or so?


Edited by abhijollyguy - 5/11/12 at 10:36am
post #6944 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by abhijollyguy View Post

 

So out of FX700 and MG7, which one would you call the "Quality over Quantity bass" IEM?

 

The FX700 is the definition of "no compromise." if you want both quantity AND quality, the FX700 is it. I haven't heard the MG7, but from reviews and chats with friends, the only strength the MG7 has is its sub-bass. The FX700 has everything, and one of the most addictive presentations I've heard in any iem or headphone.

 

As for sibilance, the FX700 is energetic but never, ever sibilant.

post #6945 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by eke2k6 View Post

These should solve your problems

http://www.meelec.com/MEElectronics_Original_Triple_flange_Eartips_p/tipset3-tf35l-mrg-bk.htm

Nope, triple flange tips like those are far too bulky for my ears. I'd need something a lot more slim.

Plus I'm not in the US, so getting most MEElectronics hardware is not easy.

 

Also, I'm not quite satisfied with GR07's tonal balance.

(high bass/low mid overload where I'd rather have more low bass, nasty sibilant boost, lacking highest end)


Edited by AstralStorm - 5/11/12 at 12:22pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)