or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 47

post #691 of 16802

You could always get some expensive customs that might make the CK100 such a low value there as well :) Although value wise they have to be pretty low considering such a high price tag and the fact that I liked the CK10 better.

post #692 of 16802

Hello Joker, I'm amazed by the amount of budget earphones you reviewed. Your reviews are so detailed that anyone could pretty easily choose the best value for their purchase, but still I would love to hear your input on this:

 

In which two IEMs should I spend $100 on? I'm looking for two different signatures (detailed yet engaging, impactful yet clean). I'm pretty set on the Brainwavz M1 thanks to the delicious free shipping, but since I'll be getting 2 different pairs, maybe a more extremist sound signature would be better? Again, I would love to hear your opinion.

 

PS: Your comparison threads are my favourite thing on head-fi.

post #693 of 16802
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethan961 View Post

It's been done in the FS forum now, just noticed it this morning.


Oh yes, those. I stopped noticing them the day after they showed up .

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by padcat View Post

Hello Joker, I'm amazed by the amount of budget earphones you reviewed. Your reviews are so detailed that anyone could pretty easily choose the best value for their purchase, but still I would love to hear your input on this:

 

In which two IEMs should I spend $100 on? I'm looking for two different signatures (detailed yet engaging, impactful yet clean). I'm pretty set on the Brainwavz M1 thanks to the delicious free shipping, but since I'll be getting 2 different pairs, maybe a more extremist sound signature would be better? Again, I would love to hear your opinion.

 

PS: Your comparison threads are my favourite thing on head-fi.


Thanks, glad you found the thread useful.

 

Hmm... a compliment to the M1. Perhaps the soundmagic PL50 or Thinksound Rain. All three are rather balanced but the thick and mid-centric PL50s or more laid-back Rains would make a good addition to the shimmering and airy M1s.

post #694 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by james444 View Post


 

 

It wasn't my intent to coax Joker into doing yet another review. I was replying to rawrster, who said the CK100 were dead last in value. The CK100 earned a 10/10 in SQ, so it's easy to predict that the $1000+ FI-BA-SS would set a new low record in value.

 

Speaking of which, I'll be lending these to dfkt next week and already wonder whether he'll pull them to pieces like the other FADs. After that, I might lend them to one or two other trustworthy Head-Fiers in case they're still interested, hehe.

 

p.s. @mvw2 copy/paste 'what your mother said last night Trebec' into google and tell me what comes up.


I wasn't talking to you specifically.  It was more of a general comment.  If anybody wants to see what Joker thinks about X earphone, someone send him one.  That's it.  It's not like he has to personally buy every product out there just to get a review up.  It's more of having someone willing to be without their beloved X earphone for a few weeks.  Why no SE535 yet?  Heck even SE530?   Someone send him one, and it will be up there with the others.

 

dfkt is an interesting guy.  I like his reviews and his general character.  I've noticed him and I don't quite hear alike though reading through past reviews/impressions.  I've been more in-sync with ClieOS' and Joker's reviews, so I tend to follow those.  It's nothing against dfkt, but I understand we seek different things.

 

Will Ferell runs rampant through the internet, and yes it's funny that it comes up with my for sale thread, haha.

post #695 of 16802

just snagged a pair of maxell dhp-II for $37 shipped

thanks for the review joker! you da man! 

post #696 of 16802

Cool, I guess the Maxells are all that.  Way to get to the bottom of things Joker!  

post #697 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvw2 View Post
<snip> If anybody wants to see what Joker thinks about X earphone, someone send him one.  That's it. <snip>


I know it's Mikes(?) place to answer this but I'll somewhat pose it to you anyway (kinda ).

 

I don't think it's as simple as "That's it." because if it was Mike would say so. If he was serious about having people send him IEMs to review he would have to (or at least should) set up a set of rules that go along with someone lending him anything.

I'd hate to have the responsibility of strangers treasured IEMs on my head, especially dealing with international post, etc. So I can see why it wouldn't be a simple thing to do.

So Mike. If you are serious about people lending you things to review my recommendation is say so on the first page with a set of rules that have to be agreed with by both parties first. If not I can totally understand why you wouldn't want to. Either way it should be cleared up.

post #698 of 16802

^ Not sure why we'd need a publicly announced set of rules for that. Anyone willing to send Joker IEMs for a review would surely PM him first. Well at least I would, if only to ask for his address ;-). Then we would agree upon a modus operandi. I don't see the problem here.

post #699 of 16802

^ Of course. But things like what happens when the item gets lost or damaged could either be settled individually or as a blanket rule.

Personally I'd go for the first option out of ease, to save a lot of questions.

post #700 of 16802

I don't see why it would have to be on the first page and public. That should be done in PM.

 

Of course the times I sent him stuff the only rule I really had was to tell me when he's done? lol

post #701 of 16802
Thread Starter 

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2rooi123 View Post

just snagged a pair of maxell dhp-II for $37 shipped

thanks for the review joker! you da man! 


Quote:

Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post

Cool, I guess the Maxells are all that.  Way to get to the bottom of things Joker!  


It's finally happened! My review threads have converged!

 

In other news, I didn't even notice the reply count on the IEM thread blitz that of the Portable thread, and in half the time...

 

I hate the term 'giant killers' and would never apply it the Maxells but they are good phones for the asking price. Probably wouldn't pay the full $90 for them but for what they cost now they're very hard to beat.



Quote:

Originally Posted by james444 View Post

^ Not sure why we'd need a publicly announced set of rules for that. Anyone willing to send Joker IEMs for a review would surely PM him first. Well at least I would, if only to ask for his address ;-). Then we would agree upon a modus operandi.


Yeah, I'd say this has always been the unwritten rule. I'm not actively asking for earphone loans and never have but yet somehow they've always lined themselves up, thanks largely to rawrster and others. The assumption is of course that once the earphones are in my charge they are my full responsibility. If that needs to be written out for someone than chances are that person wouldn't be loaning me anything in the first place 

post #702 of 16802

the Xears TD100 for 23 $ is a good deal?

 

thanks

post #703 of 16802
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raines View Post

the Xears TD100 for 23 $ is a good deal?


Yes

post #704 of 16802
Thread Starter 

Added Meelec M11+ and Hippo Shroom.

post #705 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raines View Post

the Xears TD100 for 23 $ is a good deal?

 

thanks


yes and please share your source :)

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)