Yay your gonna review the Thermaltake Isurus!!They sound so wonderful with the Sony Hybrids on, but its a such a chore to put it on. Can't wait to hear your review on it!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Greetings Head-fi, Today we are going to be checking out another HDSS equipped earphone from the team at Blue Ever Blue; the Model 1001. Based out of Washington, D.C., Blue Ever Blue (BeB) exploded...
Disclaimer I would like to give a special thanks to Pandora for having these sent out to me. I am not affiliated with Brainwavz in any way and this product was given in exchange for my honest...
The introductionSony has recently just started to get back at the game to create portable players, and so they too wants something to stand for their Summit of inventions, technologies. ...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: iFi AudioModel: micro iDAC2Price: $349 at amazon.com Volume Control: Precision analogue volume control knob.Power Connector: USB A, USB BBattery Life: N/AInputs: 1x USB...
[[SPOILER]] Manufacturer: HRT Model: microStreamer Price: $169 at amazon.com Volume Control: Digitally-activated analog attenuator, no volume control on unit itself.Power Connector: USB, mini...
Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 451post #6751 of 168364/27/12 at 10:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6752 of 168364/28/12 at 1:09pmThread StarterQuote:
The ProAlpha is on the warm side of neutral (more so than the ECCI, for example) but it's not overly warm.Quote:
If you like your rock with forward mids and medium bass levels, sure. The GR06 is a versatile earphone and very hard to beat as an overall package.Quote:
Yes, thanks to Gilly87 for sending me the Isurus along with the EPH-100. Probably going to be a while before I get to it, though.post #6753 of 168364/28/12 at 8:22pmpost #6754 of 168364/28/12 at 9:03pmpost #6755 of 168364/28/12 at 9:31pmpost #6756 of 168364/29/12 at 12:57amQuote:Originally Posted by ljokerl
Edit: 08/06/09: Sound Notes.
Well, not everything is perfect soundmagic-land. After three days of critical listening (20+ hours during which the sound has not changed at all) I can no longer attribute what I'm hearing to simply being spoiled by my RE0s and Etymotics. There is something ever-so-slightly off about the way these sound. Don't get me wrong - the notes are all there, but the overall sound is just a bit distant and veiled compared to some of the other earphones in the price range. I'm not sure this is the right term, but I think they lack resolve - i.e. the sound is slightly run-together when a lot of things are going on simultaneously on the track. Hopefully someone else can confirm/discredit this when more people start getting their PL50s, and I will post more updates as I listen. *Confirmed*
I found this on your more detailed review on the soundmagic pl50, I guess I will have to take them off my listpost #6757 of 168364/29/12 at 1:23am
Hey Joker, based on memory, can you kindly do a short comparison between the DBA/B2s and the SM3s? Would the SM3s do well for bright recordings that sound a little harsh on the DBAs? Also, do you find the SM3s dark and veiled? Thanks!
Edited by Remustan - 4/29/12 at 1:37ampost #6758 of 168364/29/12 at 10:01ampost #6759 of 168364/29/12 at 11:08amThread StarterQuote:
Yes, I am thinking I should just keep it that way for posterity
I've definitely heard the name before but haven't purchased anything from them personallyQuote:
Hah, that's an ancient thread. I later figured out that my problem was the thickness/creaminess in the upper mids that was sort of... 'suffocating' me. Just not my kind of sound but keep in mind that some people like that sort of thing.Quote:
Sure, the SM3 is not nearly as bright as the DBA-02 so it should let those recordings slide. Overall the SM3 is much thicker and smoother, more forward in the bass and mids and less forward in the upper mids/treble. It's also got a more 3-d presentation. Compared to the DBA-02 the SM3 will certainly sound dark and veiled but that's an extreme case as the DBA-02 is much thinner-sounding and errs on the bright side. If you compare it to something like a Shure SE530 or Monster Turbines it doesn't sound dark and there's no veiling in terms of detail levels or loss of clarity. Bottom line: don't A:B it with something much brighter. Same reason that A:Bing the SM3 and EX1000 yields very negative results on both sides.Quote:
Glad it's helpful!post #6760 of 168364/29/12 at 11:15amQuote:Originally Posted by ljokerlQuote:
Hah, that's an ancient thread. I later figured out that my problem was the thickness/creaminess in the upper mids that was sort of... 'suffocating' me. Just not my kind of sound but keep in mind that some people like that sort of thing.
heh, i missed that when i tried the A151. the pl50 are just smoother. the meelec more aggressivepost #6761 of 168364/29/12 at 12:01pmpost #6762 of 168364/29/12 at 3:32pmThread StarterQuote:
The silicone ones are but the Turbines I've had didn't come with any of the Supertips (foam, gel, or otherwise) that Monster includes with the Coppers.post #6763 of 168364/29/12 at 3:38pmHey Mike, just wanted to thank you for the UM3X recommendation you gave me a while back. They've become my favorite universal and my most reached for iem, period. Finally a keeper I won't be selling!post #6764 of 168364/29/12 at 5:08pmThread StarterQuote:
Must've been a while ago . Glad you're happy with them!post #6765 of 168364/29/12 at 5:31pm
hi i looked at you chart very informative and helped me narrow down some of my choices i like the shure se215 and vsonic gr06. I really like the design and built of the se and the bass is suited to my needs but i hear the gr06 can compete with this for less. Im no audiophile i just want to have fun listening to my music Not a true bass head i love punchy and tight bass not boomy and muddy bass. Also i hear the shure and westone style earphones are best if your laying in bed or fall asleep are the best in terms of comfort is it trueReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Headphones for metal music - ultimate solution 1 minute ago
- › M40x? M50x refurbished? Something else? 1 minute ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide: (3/18/2016: MrSpeakers... 1 minute ago
- › Obscure Chinese DAPs 2 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 2 minutes ago
- › Aune M1s Impressions & Discussion Thread (Aune's newest hi-res DAP... 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (On or Over Ear Headphones) 4 minutes ago
- › Puro Sound Labs Puro IE500iem Impessions and Discussion 5 minutes ago
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › SONY digital audio player Walkman NW-WM1Z N (Gold) by Whitigir
- › iFi Micro iDAC2 USB DAC/HP Amp by Sil3nce
- › HRT - MicroStreamer - High Performance External USB Soundcard and... by Sil3nce
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by Sil3nce
- › Chord MoJo by Sil3nce
- › Resonessence Labs Concero HP by Sil3nce
- › Focal Elear by ngoshawk
- › FiiO X5 High-res Portable Music Player by GhostPhantom
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear