Yay your gonna review the Thermaltake Isurus!!They sound so wonderful with the Sony Hybrids on, but its a such a chore to put it on. Can't wait to hear your review on it!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Introduction The portable on-ear or over-the-ear headphone market is, I admit, not something that I’m especially familiar with. I recognize that there is a strong bias towards...
Accutone Taurus Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Accutone for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/828106/accutone-taurus-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: ...
Remax RM305M Aluminum Earbud Here is the $10 Remax Earbud, just as sexy as your high school's homecoming queen. Though lost in the rush of new products from China this year, I learned about it...
At the time this review was written, the Super Dolphin earphone was listed for sale on AK Audio Store’s Aliexpress website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Preamble: Advanced AcousticWerkes, in short known as AAW, is a Singapore based audio product manufacturer best known for custom-moulded in-ear monitors (CIEMs). Not long ago, they have...
Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 451post #6751 of 168024/27/12 at 10:58pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #6752 of 168024/28/12 at 1:09pmThread StarterQuote:
The ProAlpha is on the warm side of neutral (more so than the ECCI, for example) but it's not overly warm.Quote:
If you like your rock with forward mids and medium bass levels, sure. The GR06 is a versatile earphone and very hard to beat as an overall package.Quote:
Yes, thanks to Gilly87 for sending me the Isurus along with the EPH-100. Probably going to be a while before I get to it, though.post #6753 of 168024/28/12 at 8:22pmpost #6754 of 168024/28/12 at 9:03pmpost #6755 of 168024/28/12 at 9:31pmpost #6756 of 168024/29/12 at 12:57amQuote:Originally Posted by ljokerl
Edit: 08/06/09: Sound Notes.
Well, not everything is perfect soundmagic-land. After three days of critical listening (20+ hours during which the sound has not changed at all) I can no longer attribute what I'm hearing to simply being spoiled by my RE0s and Etymotics. There is something ever-so-slightly off about the way these sound. Don't get me wrong - the notes are all there, but the overall sound is just a bit distant and veiled compared to some of the other earphones in the price range. I'm not sure this is the right term, but I think they lack resolve - i.e. the sound is slightly run-together when a lot of things are going on simultaneously on the track. Hopefully someone else can confirm/discredit this when more people start getting their PL50s, and I will post more updates as I listen. *Confirmed*
I found this on your more detailed review on the soundmagic pl50, I guess I will have to take them off my listpost #6757 of 168024/29/12 at 1:23am
Hey Joker, based on memory, can you kindly do a short comparison between the DBA/B2s and the SM3s? Would the SM3s do well for bright recordings that sound a little harsh on the DBAs? Also, do you find the SM3s dark and veiled? Thanks!
Edited by Remustan - 4/29/12 at 1:37ampost #6758 of 168024/29/12 at 10:01ampost #6759 of 168024/29/12 at 11:08amThread StarterQuote:
Yes, I am thinking I should just keep it that way for posterity
I've definitely heard the name before but haven't purchased anything from them personallyQuote:
Hah, that's an ancient thread. I later figured out that my problem was the thickness/creaminess in the upper mids that was sort of... 'suffocating' me. Just not my kind of sound but keep in mind that some people like that sort of thing.Quote:
Sure, the SM3 is not nearly as bright as the DBA-02 so it should let those recordings slide. Overall the SM3 is much thicker and smoother, more forward in the bass and mids and less forward in the upper mids/treble. It's also got a more 3-d presentation. Compared to the DBA-02 the SM3 will certainly sound dark and veiled but that's an extreme case as the DBA-02 is much thinner-sounding and errs on the bright side. If you compare it to something like a Shure SE530 or Monster Turbines it doesn't sound dark and there's no veiling in terms of detail levels or loss of clarity. Bottom line: don't A:B it with something much brighter. Same reason that A:Bing the SM3 and EX1000 yields very negative results on both sides.Quote:
Glad it's helpful!post #6760 of 168024/29/12 at 11:15amQuote:Originally Posted by ljokerlQuote:
Hah, that's an ancient thread. I later figured out that my problem was the thickness/creaminess in the upper mids that was sort of... 'suffocating' me. Just not my kind of sound but keep in mind that some people like that sort of thing.
heh, i missed that when i tried the A151. the pl50 are just smoother. the meelec more aggressivepost #6761 of 168024/29/12 at 12:01pmpost #6762 of 168024/29/12 at 3:32pmThread StarterQuote:
The silicone ones are but the Turbines I've had didn't come with any of the Supertips (foam, gel, or otherwise) that Monster includes with the Coppers.post #6763 of 168024/29/12 at 3:38pmHey Mike, just wanted to thank you for the UM3X recommendation you gave me a while back. They've become my favorite universal and my most reached for iem, period. Finally a keeper I won't be selling!post #6764 of 168024/29/12 at 5:08pmThread StarterQuote:
Must've been a while ago . Glad you're happy with them!post #6765 of 168024/29/12 at 5:31pm
hi i looked at you chart very informative and helped me narrow down some of my choices i like the shure se215 and vsonic gr06. I really like the design and built of the se and the bass is suited to my needs but i hear the gr06 can compete with this for less. Im no audiophile i just want to have fun listening to my music Not a true bass head i love punchy and tight bass not boomy and muddy bass. Also i hear the shure and westone style earphones are best if your laying in bed or fall asleep are the best in terms of comfort is it trueReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Southwestern Michigan Meet - Kalamazoo Jan/Feb 1 minute ago
- › Known bugs/issues with latest X7 firmware 2 minutes ago
- › Sacramento Meet? 3 minutes ago
- › The Decware TABOO MK 111 Thread 3 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 4 minutes ago
- › New Member Introductions thread 4 minutes ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 4 minutes ago
- › What a long, strange trip it's been -- (Robert Hunter) 5 minutes ago
- › Upgrading from Sennheiser IE80 - Westone W50 or UM50 5 minutes ago
- › Lots of Audio Technica headphones for sale and a few others (Prices... 6 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by Hisoundfi
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear