or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 437

post #6541 of 16802

Any plans on reviewing the Brainwavz M4?

post #6542 of 16802
I do have a dba so their would be no point in er4 thanks!
post #6543 of 16802
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom1l21 View Post

Any plans on reviewing the Brainwavz M4?


None at this time
post #6544 of 16802

I'm curious about these...could you say more about the sound and/or create a thread, if you are willing? :)
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasdoc View Post

Hi Joker,
Traded my ASG-1 for the TDK BA200 from a guy from Singapore. Stunning phone. It sounds like a smooth GR07. Ranks up there with the best items I've tried.


 

post #6545 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

IMO, PFE is just a great all arounder. Great set of compromises. I like the gray filters but you do get a little too much upper mid presence along with the greater inner detail and extension. Not quite ringy but not quite as neutral as ETs. Rounder bottom. Black filters are less informative but warmer.

 

I found ER4p significantly less smooth in the highs than PFE and too harsh for me with a lot of music. I also found ER4, especially S version  lacking bass, whereas PFE does not. The soundstage on Etys is quite flat with little depth while PFE offers a much greater sense of depth I think. I liked ER4 mids, but in the end I couldn't tolerate their weak bass and harsh, overly emphasized treble. PFE has a slightly harsh treble with a somewhat annoying peak there, but other than that I find then pretty much flawless. I can hear tons of detail with them and the sound is lively, dynamic and natural, which I couldn't say about Etys which lack dynamics and sound unnaturally flat and metallic by comparison. It's been a while since I heard the ER4 though, but I listen to the same songs I tried with ER4 back then on the same source using PFE and PFE sounds great with music which I remember sounded much harsher and very unpleasant to me on the Etys.

post #6546 of 16802

Hey Joker, what triple flange tips fit on the GR01s? Currently using the hybrids that came with them, which I find quite uncomfortable when inserting deeply.

post #6547 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilly87 View Post

I'm curious about these...could you say more about the sound and/or create a thread, if you are willing? :)
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gasdoc View Post

Hi Joker,
Traded my ASG-1 for the TDK BA200 from a guy from Singapore. Stunning phone. It sounds like a smooth GR07. Ranks up there with the best items I've tried.


 


http://www.head-fi.org/t/584123/tdk-ba200-impressions-and-appreciation-thread

 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/593670/review-tdk-ba200-back-to-black

 

post #6548 of 16802

Hey Joker really appreciate all the hard work you've put into these reviews. I currently have Monster Turbines right now and I have been looking around for an upgrade to them that keeps the same sound as the Turbines. I have already tried the Shure Se215s but they weren't to my liking. Any suggestions? Wanting to keep it sub $200. Thanks.


Edited by brandenk0 - 4/10/12 at 11:52pm
post #6549 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianist View Post

 

I found ER4p significantly less smooth in the highs than PFE and too harsh for me with a lot of music. I also found ER4, especially S version  lacking bass, whereas PFE does not. The soundstage on Etys is quite flat with little depth while PFE offers a much greater sense of depth I think. I liked ER4 mids, but in the end I couldn't tolerate their weak bass and harsh, overly emphasized treble. PFE has a slightly harsh treble with a somewhat annoying peak there, but other than that I find then pretty much flawless. I can hear tons of detail with them and the sound is lively, dynamic and natural, which I couldn't say about Etys which lack dynamics and sound unnaturally flat and metallic by comparison. It's been a while since I heard the ER4 though, but I listen to the same songs I tried with ER4 back then on the same source using PFE and PFE sounds great with music which I remember sounded much harsher and very unpleasant to me on the Etys.



You'd like the hf series better. Not as hot and still as detailed as the PFE while more even through the mids. PFE is still slightly fuller sounding but with grey filters, maybe more glassy than HFs. 4Ps are faster, more delineated but too hot for me as well but for others, not so much. I found the GR07, and DBA too hot for my tastes as well so you can trust the HFs are not.

 


Edited by goodvibes - 4/11/12 at 12:02am
post #6550 of 16802

Many thanks :D
 



 

post #6551 of 16802
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reomero View Post

Hey Joker, what triple flange tips fit on the GR01s? Currently using the hybrids that came with them, which I find quite uncomfortable when inserting deeply.



MEElec M6 triples (both large and small) fit. Monster ones should fit as well.



Quote:
Originally Posted by brandenk0 View Post

Hey Joker really appreciate all the hard work you've put into these reviews. I currently have Monster Turbines right now and I have been looking around for an upgrade to them that keeps the same sound as the Turbines. I have already tried the Shure Se215s but they weren't to my liking. Any suggestions? Wanting to keep it sub $200. Thanks.

 

 

Turbine pro golds w/mic are $202 on amazon - they are a more relaxed & refined take on the Turbine sound. If you can describe the things you didn't like about the SE215, that might help with other options as well. 

 

post #6552 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodvibes View Post

You'd like the hf series better. Not as hot and still as detailed as the PFE while more even through the mids. PFE is still slightly fuller sounding but with grey filters, maybe more glassy than HFs. 4Ps are faster, more delineated but too hot for me as well but for others, not so much. I found the GR07, and DBA too hot for my tastes as well so you can trust the HFs are not.

 

I heard the HF2 and HF5. I found them very similar to ER4 - they had a similar harshness in the highs and lacked dynamics, bass and soundstage. PFE is way more dynamic sounding. I find it plenty even through the mids - close to ER4 with maybe a tad less texture.

 

post #6553 of 16802

What kind of IEM's would you experts advice to go with an Cowon J3? Most of the times I play Trance/House/Hardstyle music. I like bass, but it must controlled and deep, but not to overwhelming. It must be there when it needs to be there, but it shouldn't be there when it's not supposed to be there. I also would like the IEM's to go loud. Not the whole time, but just now and then when I'm playing a really good track. 

Price range should be somewhere around $100

 

First I was thinking of the SE215's but an guy on a dutch forum said to me I should not take the SE215's if I want bass. While other reviews stated there was plenty of bass in the SE215's. I'm a bit confused. So what do you guys advice me?

post #6554 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bart1981 View Post

What kind of IEM's would you experts advice to go with an Cowon J3? Most of the times I play Trance/House/Hardstyle music. I like bass, but it must controlled and deep, but not to overwhelming. It must be there when it needs to be there, but it shouldn't be there when it's not supposed to be there. I also would like the IEM's to go loud. Not the whole time, but just now and then when I'm playing a really good track. 

Price range should be somewhere around $100

 

First I was thinking of the SE215's but an guy on a dutch forum said to me I should not take the SE215's if I want bass. While other reviews stated there was plenty of bass in the SE215's. I'm a bit confused. So what do you guys advice me?

From what I've read if you want some good bass go for the Futuresonics Atrio M5 with mg7 driver which can be had for $100 of atrio.me with a discount code which is easily found! Looks like a bit of a bargain!
 

 

post #6555 of 16802

Looks like atrio.me doesn't ship to The Netherlands.. So unfortunately that's not working out.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)