or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 422

post #6316 of 16803
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmai View Post

How do the vPulse and TFTA 1V compare with Atrio?

vPulse was on sale for 2 for 1 during valentine's day, but now promotion has ended (http://velodyne.com/promotion-details).


Current MG7 Atrios? Not well. The vPulse is more similar with its sub-bass emphasis but has neither the resolution nor the transparency to compete with a high-end monitor like the Atrio, not to mention its flat stage and mediocre dynamics. The TFTA is different as it is more mid-bass oriented and much more bloated. It's more of a Monster MD sound rather than an Atrio, though again it is not at the performance level of an MD overall.

 

post #6317 of 16803

And it's even bassier than the MDT. The TFTA is so damn bassy that after listening to it for a while the Turbine Coppers sounded downright balanced. lol. It's the only IEM I've tried where I felt like it was too bassy all the time. It's just relentlessly bassy.

 

Nice reviews.popcorn.gif

post #6318 of 16803


Yeah I bought the vPulse, but still on the way(Im from the Philippines afterall). Ill let you know.

 

post #6319 of 16803

Hey joker,

 

Just read your TFTA 1V analysis.

I have to say for the most part I agree - but for the ratings I wasn't sure about.

3.5 across the board.

 

Do have to say they aren't really a bass lovers dream.

The bass lovers would either go:
-MG7's for sub-bass

-TFTA 1XB for mid-bass

 

The TFTA 1V's lie in the middle.

 

How would u have compared the MG7's and the TFTA 1V's, purely on bass?

 

Thanks for the comparison nonetheless bro!

post #6320 of 16803
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Selenium View Post

And it's even bassier than the MDT. The TFTA is so damn bassy that after listening to it for a while the Turbine Coppers sounded downright balanced. lol. It's the only IEM I've tried where I felt like it was too bassy all the time. It's just relentlessly bassy.

 

Nice reviews.popcorn.gif


This is true, bassier than MDT. I've heard other things that never lay off the bass - the Sony XB40 for example - but those are usually on a lower SQ (and price) level overall.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Totally Dubbed View Post

How would u have compared the MG7's and the TFTA 1V's, purely on bass?

 

 


The same way you seem to compare the MG7 to the 1XB, which I haven't heard - the 1V has a lot more mid-bass, which gives it that impact/ability to move air (boom, slam, whatever you want to call it) while the Atrio is mostly sub-bass. The Atrio has no bloat and really very good bass quality - it is tighter than the Senn IE7 and ATH-CKM99, for example, and has very good resolution and dynamics. 

 

post #6321 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post


This is true, bassier than MDT. I've heard other things that never lay off the bass - the Sony XB40 for example - but those are usually on a lower SQ (and price) level overall.

 


The same way you seem to compare the MG7 to the 1XB, which I haven't heard - the 1V has a lot more mid-bass, which gives it that impact/ability to move air (boom, slam, whatever you want to call it) while the Atrio is mostly sub-bass. The Atrio has no bloat and really very good bass quality - it is tighter than the Senn IE7 and ATH-CKM99, for example, and has very good resolution and dynamics. 

 

I actually fund the 1V's to be lower in bass than the MG7's:

 

Mid-Bass wise:
1XB > MG7 > 1V
 

Sub-bass:

MG7 > 1XB > 1V

 

post #6322 of 16803

Hey Joker What kind of amp would you recommend for the Hifiman RE262? I wish to purchase them but your review states that it needs an amp to bring out its full potential. Would the Cheap Fiio E5 or E6 do? Or do i need something better to bring outs its full potential? Also i will be playing music on my Samsung Galaxy Wifi S player if that helps.

post #6323 of 16803

I'd get an E11 + bigger battery for it if he says that it drains his J3 in less than 8 hours without an external amp.

post #6324 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Max View Post

I'd get an E11 + bigger battery for it if he says that it drains his J3 in less than 8 hours without an external amp.

what about cmoybb?it seems to have better reviews compared to e11. will it be able to power my re262 to its fulll potential
post #6325 of 16803

No idea about the cmoyBB, I cannot find output power figures for it, but one guy thinks it is fine: http://www.head-fi.org/t/525217/amp-for-re-262#post_7086314

Just leave the bass boost off.  No one says anything about battery life however.

 

Full potential?  Try the Arrowvery_evil_smiley.gif


Edited by Mad Max - 3/21/12 at 5:06pm
post #6326 of 16803
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompersona View Post

Hey Joker What kind of amp would you recommend for the Hifiman RE262? I wish to purchase them but your review states that it needs an amp to bring out its full potential. Would the Cheap Fiio E5 or E6 do? Or do i need something better to bring outs its full potential? Also i will be playing music on my Samsung Galaxy Wifi S player if that helps.



I am not up to date at all on the state of the portable amp market - you'd probably be better off asking in the RE262 thread to see if anyone has had any particularly good pairing within your budget. I got a chance to try the Portaphile amp and ADL Cruze recently and I liked both (the Portaphile especially) but those are a bit spendy. I also don't know how good the HPO of the Galaxy is. My phone is an HTC model and while it isn't terrible, I certainly wouldn't bother amping it instead of just getting a proper source. 

post #6327 of 16803

Eagerly anticipating the review of the VSonic Gr06 !

I heard it is a very good entry in the IEM market !

post #6328 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysterious View Post

Eagerly anticipating the review of the VSonic Gr06 !

I heard it is a very good entry in the IEM market !


x2. 

i wonder if it can comapre to the SE215 blink.gif

 

post #6329 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reomero View Post

Ooh.. looks like the GR01 has moved into the "In Progress" section...

 

I'm anxious to read your review on them. popcorn.gif

 

x2 popcorn.gif

post #6330 of 16803

Joker, would you say the HiSound Crystal has more bass presence than the ECCI PR200? With the HS Crystal, you can "feel" the bass more than the PR200?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)