That is true. You need to try them for yourself before you can know if they are for you or not. I tried them and wanted to like them but not for me. I do like their cables however and I like it a bit better than the ES cable I have since ES cable has that memory section when I don't like. I still think the CK10 beats the build of the W3 however.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
I am by no means an audiophile nor do I call myself one. My experience with quality audio products is very limited and so is my vocabulary on this topic. That being said I took a pair of these...
Full review can be found at: https://www.samma3a.com/tech/en/fiio-x5-3rd-gen-high-res-player-review/ Rating The NO BULL rating system is designed to take as many aspects of the device into...
I've had a short history with headphones. My first pair of good headphones were the Audio-Technica ATH-M50x. I will mostly be comparing these two. These headphones are much more better looking,...
I like these just a little better than my Sony MDR XB90ex, which I think is saying a lot. They both have a very ergonomic design that allows them to stay in ear securely and comfortably for...
TOTL (Top-of the line) is something you hear quite often around Head-Fi. The cream of the crop of the audio-world. While that may be true in most instances, investing into a 1200$+ product seems...
Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 43post #631 of 168388/21/10 at 7:49pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #632 of 168388/23/10 at 5:34am
I should be getting the W3's in the mail in a few days so I will keep everyone posted with the results of the loan. Although I have yet to actually have the W3's I really don't think bettering the build of the ck10's is possible. To me it is perfect in every sense of the word. There is no flaw to look to regarding their build which is an amazing feat by Audio Tech.post #633 of 168388/23/10 at 3:58pm
Quote:Originally Posted by ljokerl
Quote:Originally Posted by AzureSky
just wanted to point out that the pl-30's now come with a right angle plug and the cables very similar to the pl-50's(i have both)
Thanks, I've been meaning to update this for a long time. Soundmagic changed the cabling on the PL30 around the same time the PL21 was released, which is close to a year ago now. I'll get it done
just figured you either didnt know or hadnt bothered to update it, the new plugs alot nicer then the original, But with my pl-50's I rarely pull my 30's out of their case anymore....post #634 of 168388/25/10 at 9:29am
I have a pair of JVC Aircushions and love the fit but want better sound, preferably under $60, this thread has helped a lot. So far my candidates are the Visang R02, Brainwave M2, Soundmagic PL21. I am really looking for fitment recommendations. I like the air cushions because they are light and stay in pretty well even when I move around. I am not a huge fan of the over-the-ear fit unless it has a cable guide. I hate when the cables come out from behind my ears. With this in mind, are there any recommended sets I could add to the list?post #635 of 168388/25/10 at 10:14am
Fun little datasheet
I took all the 7.0 and plus SQ earphones in the list and weighed them against price to see which options show the the price you pay per 1 point of SQ. It's kind of neat to see how little it costs to get good sound.post #636 of 168388/25/10 at 11:53am
I'm guessing you did full retail. If you could incorporate a temporal graph to ascertain a Median low for prices and recalculate. Something to consider when you get incredibly bored.
NVM- i see you got all sort of prices going on there. My bad. I think the IE8 could be adjusted and the M1 ($29)? Just trying to stack the deck.
Edited by Anaxilus - 8/25/10 at 11:57ampost #637 of 168388/25/10 at 12:13pmQuote:
Fun indeed... Thanks.
If you would, please re-sort by 'Sound'?
Edited by shane55 - 8/25/10 at 12:14pmpost #638 of 168388/25/10 at 12:15pm
Oh yeah. The pricing is just what Joker listed. I know pricing fluctuates a good bit, so there's most likely a lot of swapping all the time. For example, I bought my IE8 used for something like $240 if I recall correctly. The Custom 3 is available on eBay for $99 now. As you pointed out, the M1 is $29. Joker can comment more on the pricing if he chooses. I think a lot of his pricing was retail (no sale, limited time pricing) or a relatively current, stable going rate that the product has been going for. I could probably zip through the list and dig around for the lowest price as of today and change the list, but tomorrow or next week it might be totally different again. A lot of the pricing wouldn't even be valid a month or two down the road. I do agree on the IE8 though. I don't think anyone's bought them at $400 for forever. Even the expensive price had been around $350, and there have been numerous deals around the mid $200s for them. I've seen the CK10 for under $190 and the oem version of the DDM can be had for $99 or similar.
Price isn't an absolute game. The graph was just more of an interesting tidbit and kind of shows some of the value associated with some of these products. I mean why is the PL50 incredibly popular? Or the RE0/RE-ZERO? I know Joker's suggested the Cyclone PR1 Pro a number of times to people as a good budget option. Well, there's why. No, it's not an exact thing, but it's neat to look at.
Sorted for SQ and sub-sorted by value. It's a very basic breakdown of them in a one-dimensional sense. The leaders should be pretty obvious.
Edited by mvw2 - 8/25/10 at 12:21pmpost #639 of 168388/25/10 at 12:26pmThread Starter
Quote:Originally Posted by AzureSky
just figured you either didnt know or hadnt bothered to update it, the new plugs alot nicer then the original, But with my pl-50's I rarely pull my 30's out of their case anymore....
Quote:Originally Posted by idvsego
I have a pair of JVC Aircushions and love the fit but want better sound, preferably under $60, this thread has helped a lot. So far my candidates are the Visang R02, Brainwave M2, Soundmagic PL21. I am really looking for fitment recommendations. I like the air cushions because they are light and stay in pretty well even when I move around. I am not a huge fan of the over-the-ear fit unless it has a cable guide. I hate when the cables come out from behind my ears. With this in mind, are there any recommended sets I could add to the list?
If you have trouble with conventional earphones I really wouldn't recommend the ViSang R02 or Brainwavz M2 as they have rather stiff cables and fit pretty much like a typical IEM. The PL50 is definitely one to consider for comfort in that price range. It does come with cable guides, although they're a bit large for my liking. The cable is soft and should stay behind your ears by itself, though. There's also the Meelec M6, which has the memory wire section. Very easy to keep in place. Another interesting one is the Yamaha EPH-50, which I haven't added to the thread yet. It's a half in-ear design, sort of like the Phiaton PS210. Much more aggressive sound compared to the AirCushions but pretty good overall. But of course if conventional straight-barrel in-ears are okay the R02/R03 and M1/M2 offer the best bang/buck IMO.
Quote:Originally Posted by mvw2
Fun little datasheet
I took all the 7.0 and plus SQ earphones in the list and weighed them against price to see which options show the the price you pay per 1 point of SQ. It's kind of neat to see how little it costs to get good sound.
Very fun indeed, but with an obvious price bias. Then again, such is the nature of diminishing returns. The cheap Kanens would probably be at the top if you graphed everything.post #640 of 168388/25/10 at 12:35pmQuote:
Brilliant! That's perfect. Thanks so much. Great little sheet.
post #641 of 168388/25/10 at 12:57pm
I could go further. Let's say I put equal weight on both ultimate SQ as well as the bang for the buck value I'm getting. In this sense I put 50% on that it's king of SQ and I put 50% on that it offers high SQ per dollar spent. These percentages could be different, but I chose 50% weight per each. The scale is 1 to 0 for each measure and 1 is the highest number, 0 is lowest. A SQ of 10 is 1. A value of 4.57 is 1. A SQ of 7 is 0. A value of 40.03 is 0. I could set the ranges different so SQ 0 to 10 and value 0 to 500 if I wanted, and things would scale differently. I am merely staying within the range of the test group here and broke the range down linearly and with equal weight.
The weighted approach might make a little more sense because we as humans do put value on different aspects. It's not all about SQ or all about comfort or all about price. It's 50% SQ, 30% comfort, and 20% price or some other mix of things. You could rebuilt Joker's entire table and put a weight scale for each category and pick your own preference. The products would then be listed according to your own measures and how much you value each part. Realize that charts and tables like these can be manipulated quite easily and biased towards certain "winners" if one so chooses. It all depends on how I measure and weight various aspects. It is useful to understand how a table is developed. For example Joker's own rankings averages all of the categories he deems important. All are weighed equally, so SQ is just as important as microphonics or accessories. As an individual, it might be beneficial to add more weight to aspects you care about and less weight for aspects you don't really have a concern for. Maybe accessories doesn't matter to you. Maybe money is no object. Maybe you want the best bang for the buck or the SQ king. Well, adapt the data table to your needs.post #642 of 168388/25/10 at 1:09pmpost #643 of 168388/25/10 at 1:14pmpost #644 of 168388/25/10 at 2:05pmQuote:
Looks to me that the IE8 has the highest value rating. 41.03, so the CK100 has been spared that embarrassment.
post #645 of 168388/25/10 at 2:18pm
Oh I must have missed that. I also thought the CK100 goes for much higher than $400 retail. Since it's MSRP I guess the IE8 isn't as good a value but they go for the mid $200's quite often from some dealers so I would go for those before I even think about the CK100 which means I'll never get either.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 1 minute ago
- › Cowon Plenue 2 - Taking it a step further. 1 minute ago
- › New Dragonfly Black and Red Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread 2 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 5 minutes ago
- › CanJam Singapore 2017 (March 11-12, 2017) 6 minutes ago
- › "Punchy" (not bassy) over ear heaphones 6 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear - Impressions Thread 6 minutes ago
- › Music Game IX 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Review Tour starts right now!!---Android... 7 minutes ago
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by jasonwdonnelly
- › KEF M200 Hi-Fi In-Ear Headphones, Aluminum/Black by JonnyA
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by TheoS53
- › B&O Beoplay H6 (2nd generation) by aggFTW
- › Sony In-Ear Dynamic Headphones MDR-XB70-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Custom Art Harmony 8.2 by FUYU
- › iFi Micro iTube2 Vacuum Tube Buffer and Preamplifier by ostewart
- › HiFiMAN HE-400i by Jiawen Zhen
- › JVC Hi-Res corresponding canal type earphone HA-FX99X-B (Black) by aafanatic
- › Grado Labs SR80e by audiophilefan
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear