or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 372

post #5566 of 16802

Wouldn't underestimate the quality of a single BA, will be interesting to see how it sounds.

post #5567 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niyologist View Post


     Yes, I would've said Dual BA if there were two.



Calm down there bold print guy I was just wondering.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by monoglycer View Post

Wouldn't underestimate the quality of a single BA, will be interesting to see how it sounds.


 

I don't underestimate singles I have the Ety HF5's which I still listen to even though I have TF10's.

 

post #5568 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by jiff View Post



Calm down there bold print guy I was just wondering.

 


      Just pointing it out. Someone on the forum tested it and said it has the cleanest and balanced sound in comparison to the A151. The frequency chart shows extended bass and treble. The A161 utilizes the TWFK armature, so you guys should have a bit of an idea of the sound signature.

post #5569 of 16802

Hey the fi-ba-ss is a single BA. Meelec has a special place in my heart, so I'm excited to hear them

post #5570 of 16802

void


Edited by bmeat - 8/17/14 at 9:36am
post #5571 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmeat View Post


i thought you just said it was a single ba?
 

 


     It is, but the TWFK armature can be single or dual.

post #5572 of 16802

void


Edited by bmeat - 8/17/14 at 9:36am
post #5573 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmeat View Post

i had no clue only thought it applied to the knowles dual setup


http://www.knowles.com/search/family.do?family_id=TWFK&x_sub_cat_id=10 
 

 

 

     Sorry, I guess it is Dual BA. MEELEC made it seem it was single. Makes sense as of why it is a flagship IEM and the bass is extended.
 

 

post #5574 of 16802

void


Edited by bmeat - 8/17/14 at 9:36am
post #5575 of 16802

It is a dual, I thought it might be since they already have the A151.  I haven't ever heard the Apple BA so I don't know what the sound signature of the TWFK but if they tune it like the A151 it will probably have some bass boost.

post #5576 of 16802

Are there any other IEM's besides these 2 that you know of that use the TWFK?  I might of heard one before and just not know it.

post #5577 of 16802

 

Originally Posted by jiff View Post

Are there any other IEM's besides these 2 that you know of that use the TWFK?  I might of heard one before and just not know it.


     The UE 700 and I think the Westone 2 or the CK90. I definitely know about the UE 700, but the Westone 2 or the CK90 is what I'm unsure about.

post #5578 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by Niyologist View Post

 


     The UE 700 and I think the Westone 2 or the CK90. I definitely know about the UE 700, but the Westone 2 or the CK90 is what I'm unsure about.



Thanks, 

 

I haven't heard any of thoughs but I still might get the A161's because they make good products at very reasonable prices.

post #5579 of 16802
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niyologist View Post


Just pointing it out. Someone on the forum tested it and said it has the cleanest and balanced sound in comparison to the A151. The frequency chart shows extended bass and treble. The A161 utilizes the TWFK armature, so you guys should have a bit of an idea of the sound signature.



I don't think that's true. It was a single armature at last year's CES when they first showcased it and I'm pretty sure it's a single armature now. 



Quote:
Originally Posted by Niyologist View Post

It is, but the TWFK armature can be single or dual.



That's not true either



Quote:
Originally Posted by bmeat View Post


nice, so essentially its an apple in ear with mee tuning. i wonder what theyll charge

 

 

The ADDIEM does not use a TWFK. It uses what is essentially half of one with another armature.


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Niyologist View Post

 

The UE 700 and I think the Westone 2 or the CK90. I definitely know about the UE 700, but the Westone 2 or the CK90 is what I'm unsure about.


The Westone 2 and CK90Pro are not TWFK-based as far as I know. The CK90Pro has that acoustic horn system but unless it changes the sound past recognizability, it's a different driver.  The Fischer DBA-02/Brainwavz B2, Phiaton PS200, Nocs NS800, and ATH-CK10 are TWFK-based, however.

 

post #5580 of 16802


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 



I don't think that's true. It was a single armature at last year's CES when they first showcased it and I'm pretty sure it's a single armature now. 



 

 

 

I'll trust the almighty joker when it comes to IEM's ksc75smile.gif and believe its a single BA.  

 

Joker did you get a chance to listen to it a CES and if so how did it sound?

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)