Wouldn't underestimate the quality of a single BA, will be interesting to see how it sounds.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
At the time of the review, the ZMF Eikon headphones were listed for sale on the ZMF website. Here is a link for information and...
Introduction The portable on-ear or over-the-ear headphone market is, I admit, not something that I’m especially familiar with. I recognize that there is a strong bias towards...
Accutone Taurus Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Accutone for the sample. Full review here http://www.head-fi.org/t/828106/accutone-taurus-earphone-review-by-mark2410 Brief: ...
Remax RM305M Aluminum EarbudHere is the $10 Remax Earbud, just as sexy as your high school's homecoming queen. Though lost in the rush of new products from China this year, I learned about it from...
At the time this review was written, the Super Dolphin earphone was listed for sale on AK Audio Store’s Aliexpress website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 372post #5566 of 168021/11/12 at 12:12pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5567 of 168021/11/12 at 12:24pm
Calm down there bold print guy I was just wondering.Quote:
I don't underestimate singles I have the Ety HF5's which I still listen to even though I have TF10's.post #5568 of 168021/11/12 at 12:34pm
Just pointing it out. Someone on the forum tested it and said it has the cleanest and balanced sound in comparison to the A151. The frequency chart shows extended bass and treble. The A161 utilizes the TWFK armature, so you guys should have a bit of an idea of the sound signature.post #5569 of 168021/11/12 at 12:37pmpost #5570 of 168021/11/12 at 12:40pmpost #5571 of 168021/11/12 at 12:42pmpost #5572 of 168021/11/12 at 12:47pmpost #5573 of 168021/11/12 at 12:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by bmeat
i had no clue only thought it applied to the knowles dual setup
Sorry, I guess it is Dual BA. MEELEC made it seem it was single. Makes sense as of why it is a flagship IEM and the bass is extended.
post #5574 of 168021/11/12 at 12:58pmpost #5575 of 168021/11/12 at 1:08pm
It is a dual, I thought it might be since they already have the A151. I haven't ever heard the Apple BA so I don't know what the sound signature of the TWFK but if they tune it like the A151 it will probably have some bass boost.post #5576 of 168021/11/12 at 1:11pmpost #5577 of 168021/11/12 at 1:17pm
The UE 700 and I think the Westone 2 or the CK90. I definitely know about the UE 700, but the Westone 2 or the CK90 is what I'm unsure about.post #5578 of 168021/11/12 at 1:22pmQuote:
I haven't heard any of thoughs but I still might get the A161's because they make good products at very reasonable prices.post #5579 of 168021/11/12 at 1:31pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Niyologist
Just pointing it out. Someone on the forum tested it and said it has the cleanest and balanced sound in comparison to the A151. The frequency chart shows extended bass and treble. The A161 utilizes the TWFK armature, so you guys should have a bit of an idea of the sound signature.
I don't think that's true. It was a single armature at last year's CES when they first showcased it and I'm pretty sure it's a single armature now.
That's not true eitherQuote:
The ADDIEM does not use a TWFK. It uses what is essentially half of one with another armature.
The Westone 2 and CK90Pro are not TWFK-based as far as I know. The CK90Pro has that acoustic horn system but unless it changes the sound past recognizability, it's a different driver. The Fischer DBA-02/Brainwavz B2, Phiaton PS200, Nocs NS800, and ATH-CK10 are TWFK-based, however.post #5580 of 168021/11/12 at 2:08pm
I'll trust the almighty joker when it comes to IEM's and believe its a single BA.
Joker did you get a chance to listen to it a CES and if so how did it sound?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Vsonic GR07 BE upgrade? 21 seconds ago
- › The Fiio A5 thread: an upgrade of E12A, MUSES02+LME49600, 800mW,... 47 seconds ago
- › FiiO X1 II (2nd Gen) w/ Bluetooth! 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 2 minutes ago
- › The Deals DISCUSSION Thread (READ THE FIRST POST!!!) 2 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 2 minutes ago
- › FiiO X5 2nd gen Impressions and Discussion thread 3 minutes ago
- › Audeze iSINE 10 & iSINE 20: Audeze releases two new IEM planar... 5 minutes ago
- › CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017) 5 minutes ago
- › Philips Fidelio X2?! 5 minutes ago
- › HiFiMAN Edition S by Aornic
- › Accutone Taurus by mark2410
- › Remax RM 305M Aluminum Earbud by Redcarmoose
- › Super Dolphin 6BA by Hisoundfi
- › AAW Nebula One Titanium Diaphragm In-Ear Monitor by HiFiChris
- › Soundaware Esther by tassardar
- › Cayin i5 by ngoshawk
- › MEE audio M9B Bluetooth Wireless Noise-Isolating In-Ear Stereo... by B9Scrambler
- › RHA CL1 Ceramic by Takeanidea
- › Parasound Zpre zone preamplifier by snellemin
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear