Wouldn't underestimate the quality of a single BA, will be interesting to see how it sounds.
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Intro The Meze 12 Classics has been provided to me by the Meze company as part of the official European review tour in exchange for my honest opinion. Later on Meze decided the participants can...
Hello and thanks for getting to my review! Firstly, need to tell you that this DAC/headamp has no battery inside, so those needing something to listen while jogging or walking might need to...
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 372post #5566 of 168021/11/12 at 12:12pm
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #5567 of 168021/11/12 at 12:24pm
Calm down there bold print guy I was just wondering.Quote:
I don't underestimate singles I have the Ety HF5's which I still listen to even though I have TF10's.post #5568 of 168021/11/12 at 12:34pm
Just pointing it out. Someone on the forum tested it and said it has the cleanest and balanced sound in comparison to the A151. The frequency chart shows extended bass and treble. The A161 utilizes the TWFK armature, so you guys should have a bit of an idea of the sound signature.post #5569 of 168021/11/12 at 12:37pmpost #5570 of 168021/11/12 at 12:40pmpost #5571 of 168021/11/12 at 12:42pmpost #5572 of 168021/11/12 at 12:47pmpost #5573 of 168021/11/12 at 12:52pmQuote:Originally Posted by bmeat
i had no clue only thought it applied to the knowles dual setup
Sorry, I guess it is Dual BA. MEELEC made it seem it was single. Makes sense as of why it is a flagship IEM and the bass is extended.
post #5574 of 168021/11/12 at 12:58pmpost #5575 of 168021/11/12 at 1:08pm
It is a dual, I thought it might be since they already have the A151. I haven't ever heard the Apple BA so I don't know what the sound signature of the TWFK but if they tune it like the A151 it will probably have some bass boost.post #5576 of 168021/11/12 at 1:11pmpost #5577 of 168021/11/12 at 1:17pm
The UE 700 and I think the Westone 2 or the CK90. I definitely know about the UE 700, but the Westone 2 or the CK90 is what I'm unsure about.post #5578 of 168021/11/12 at 1:22pmQuote:
I haven't heard any of thoughs but I still might get the A161's because they make good products at very reasonable prices.post #5579 of 168021/11/12 at 1:31pmThread StarterQuote:Originally Posted by Niyologist
Just pointing it out. Someone on the forum tested it and said it has the cleanest and balanced sound in comparison to the A151. The frequency chart shows extended bass and treble. The A161 utilizes the TWFK armature, so you guys should have a bit of an idea of the sound signature.
I don't think that's true. It was a single armature at last year's CES when they first showcased it and I'm pretty sure it's a single armature now.
That's not true eitherQuote:
The ADDIEM does not use a TWFK. It uses what is essentially half of one with another armature.
The Westone 2 and CK90Pro are not TWFK-based as far as I know. The CK90Pro has that acoustic horn system but unless it changes the sound past recognizability, it's a different driver. The Fischer DBA-02/Brainwavz B2, Phiaton PS200, Nocs NS800, and ATH-CK10 are TWFK-based, however.post #5580 of 168021/11/12 at 2:08pm
I'll trust the almighty joker when it comes to IEM's and believe its a single BA.
Joker did you get a chance to listen to it a CES and if so how did it sound?Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Stax SRM-Xh withoriginal wallplug 1 minute ago
- › Best IEMS under 300-350$? 3 minutes ago
- › Brand new and sealed Cayin I5 DAP and used 200gb Sandisk Micro SD card 4 minutes ago
- › Absolute best budget earbuds? 5 minutes ago
- › Cmoy amps still worth it? 5 minutes ago
- › Rockbox Xduoo X3 6 minutes ago
- › Hifiman he-400i Impressions and Discussion 6 minutes ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 7 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 7 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 8 minutes ago
- › Meze 12 Classics by OSiRiSsk
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by Falconlistener
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear