or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 345

post #5161 of 16803

 

The Teclast T51 is a really good portable amplifier for $130 imho.

 

It even has a screen.

post #5162 of 16803
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe it View Post

 

Confused and frustrated. blink.gif
 
I wanted to purchase a JVC HA-FXT90 by Rakuten (Tenso), but I failed to finish the transaction successfully. Whenever I asked for the address, I couldn't complete the fields properly not knowing Japanese.rolleyes.gif
 
I go on ebay and found two interesting offers, send an email with a request for information regarding shipping and after 2 days no answer. If you do not respond either to the email let alone how will the sale. mad.gif
 
Ok, let's try with Seyo. Do a look at the prices and their evaluations. 
 
JVC-Victor HA-FXT90-Rating in Japan: 4.25 out of 5-USD 179.00 
 
JVC-Victor HP-FX500-Rating in Japan: 4.39 out of 5-$ 159.80 
 
JVC-Victor-FX700-Rating in Japan:--out of 5-USD 369.80 
 
AKG K370-Rating in Japan: 5.00 out of 5-USD 207.60. 
 
Note: estimated delivery time for a month, possibility of ' Customs ' and more expenses. The AKG has a maximum raiting. Buying the AKG K370 price in Europe is about USD 60.00 and I get the 3 days. 
 
is too difficult to move smoothly, recommended to me a great IEM so at least it's worth it biggrin.gif


The K370 sucks for that sort of money. I paid $80 for mine and I still don't feel it was worth it. The Soundmagic E30 ($40) has a somewhat similar signature with better clarity and a larger soundstage. Comparing the K370 to the FXT90 would be a travesty.

post #5163 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

Sorry to hear your complications Joe.

 

How about Sony EX510 - http://www.amazon.it/Sony-MDREX510LPN-AE-MDR-EX510LPN-auricolare/dp/B004MPQ7VU/

 

Audio Technica ANC23 - http://www.amazon.it/Audio-Technica-ATH-ANC23-Active-Cancelling-Headphones/dp/B004K09H32/ref=sr_1_3?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1323956510&sr=1-3

 

Klipsch S4 - http://www.amazon.it/Klipsch-IMAGE-S4-Image-Auricolare/dp/B001V9LPT4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323957501&sr=8-1

 

I've heard the ANC23 myself (with NC off), it's performs well for the price, it sounds dolce.


Thank you kitaki,smile.gif but really you think are "great" IEM, at least at the level of mentioned JVC? rolleyes.gif

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post


 



The K370 sucks for that sort of money. I paid $80 for mine and I still don't feel it was worth it. The Soundmagic E30 ($40) has a somewhat similar signature with better clarity and a larger soundstage. Comparing the K370 to the FXT90 would be a travesty.

 

 

In fact, I have not bought it, even in a mall where he was exposed to less, some time ago.biggrin.gif

My  were only considerations, about how  published on the site of Seyo.

Joker I love you (your mind and your thread) and now also for your forthrightness.beerchug.gif



 Which you feel best between JVC FX500 and HA-FXT90?

I want to shoot for a great  IEM  (at least for me), and you have understood well what I want (in terms of taste); I'm also willing to grow up, learning from your experience.

Finally, what would you recommend to me IEM (absolute), to grow, than I currently have?

You tell me what should I do and I docool.gif

I wanted to ask, if possible, also a link ' safe '; If it is not possible on the forum also in PM.
 
Thanks again. Really polite. smile.gif

 

post #5164 of 16803

Maybe because it's a PMP ? blink.gif

post #5165 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by RealSlimSeto View Post

They would certainly help boost the bass response.

 

I personally feel they benefit more from a good DAC as apposed to an amp.(Then again, most decent IEMs/cans do.)



Would an E11 be a nice choice then? Notice I've just burned about 32 hours into them, so I don't know if by the time the sound settles I'll still want to bump up the bass (I normally abhor unnatural bass)

post #5166 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

 

The Teclast T51 is a really good portable amplifier for $130 imho.

 

It even has a screen.



kiteki, I'm not sure where you are going with this, but the T51 doesnt function as a standalone amp - it has no line-in - as alluded to by lukeskymac above.

 

FWIW, the ZO does function as an 'amp', but I haven't heard the amp-only competition at that price point. I wouldnt recommend the ZO/ZO2 to anyone who doesnt want the SmartVektor sound massaging technology, but I dont know that any of the amps around that sort of money are even remotely 'neutral' - happy to hear otherwise.

post #5167 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeskymac View Post

Maybe because it's a PMP ? blink.gif



 

Maybe because I don't know if you can put only one link in the clear on the forum and maybe because I don't have large language property  with the English language. redface.gif
 
Because maybe it is better that I re-read the rules?biggrin.gif
 
 
post #5168 of 16803

Would any GR07 care to say at which hour mark should I listen to them critically? 100 hours is enough? I am currently alternating between using them whenever possible (I couldn't resist) and leaving them playing looping pink noise when I am not using them (that'd be when I'm sleeping, eating and at the bathroom biggrin.gif).

 

I think I finally understand the "absolutely flat bass" part. Even my bass-light ADDIEMs would add a (slight) midbass hump, so even thin songs would have *some* bass, but the GR07, even as of now as the high-peak "thins" the songs, is completely honest with me: if there's no bass, there's no bass. You want unnatural bass? Why don't you go on and buy a pair of Skullcandies? Maybe that ridiculously over the top model so everyone will comment on how cool you are? /random

post #5169 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeskymac View Post

Would any GR07 care to say at which hour mark should I listen to them critically? 100 hours is enough? I am currently alternating between using them whenever possible (I couldn't resist) and leaving them playing looping pink noise when I am not using them (that'd be when I'm sleeping, eating and at the bathroom biggrin.gif).

 

I think I finally understand the "absolutely flat bass" part. Even my bass-light ADDIEMs would add a (slight) midbass hump, so even thin songs would have *some* bass, but the GR07, even as of now as the high-peak "thins" the songs, is completely honest with me: if there's no bass, there's no bass. You want unnatural bass? Why don't you go on and buy a pair of Skullcandies? Maybe that ridiculously over the top model so everyone will comment on how cool you are? /random



I burned mine in for 100 hours then I have been listening to them since.  I've never not heard the bass on the GR07's.  It has the perfect punch.  To me, the ADDIEM, hardly had any bass.  

post #5170 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by joe it View Post

Maybe because I don't know if you can put only one link in the clear on the forum and maybe because I don't have large language property  with the English language. redface.gif
 
Because maybe it is better that I re-read the rules?biggrin.gif
 
 


Hm? I think a miscommunication is going on here =P That post was directed at kiteki, but I forgot to quote her =/

post #5171 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post



I burned mine in for 100 hours then I have been listening to them since.  I've never not heard the bass on the GR07's.  It has the perfect punch.  To me, the ADDIEM, hardly had any bass.  



I probably 1) need to them burn for some 70 more hours, 2) forgot how bass light the ADDIEM truly was, 3) am still confused on whatever I have a good seal. Still think it's all fault of freaking peak.

 

Actually, I just went to iTunes and compared The Eraser with and without a curve that "peaks" downwards at 4KHz. It did sound a bit unnatural because of EQing, but it also sounded somewhat bassier. I think that's enough proof that the highs indeed thin the song out-of-the-box, as I've theorized and posted here enough times to make people sick of me tongue_smile.gif

post #5172 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukeskymac View Post



I probably 1) need to them burn for some 70 more hours, 2) forgot how bass light the ADDIEM truly was, 3) am still confused on whatever I have a good seal. Still think it's all fault of freaking peak.

 

Actually, I just went to iTunes and compared The Eraser with and without a curve that "peaks" downwards at 4KHz. It did sound a bit unnatural because of EQing, but it also sounded somewhat bassier. I think that's enough proof that the highs indeed thin the song out-of-the-box, as I've theorized and posted here enough times to make people sick of me tongue_smile.gif



The seal has a lot to do with GR07.  Just when I thought I had a good seal, I moved the nozzle all the way forward (from being all the way back) and everything sounded that much better.  Also, I use medium hybrids on most of my IEM's but with the GR07 and couple of others, I can either use the small or the large to get the best seal and sound.  Just keep playing and you'll find it to be one of the better sounding IEM's around.  I personally find the GR07 to rank with the top tier universals that cost twice as much.  

post #5173 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBai View Post



The seal has a lot to do with GR07.  Just when I thought I had a good seal, I moved the nozzle all the way forward (from being all the way back) and everything sounded that much better.  Also, I use medium hybrids on most of my IEM's but with the GR07 and couple of others, I can either use the small or the large to get the best seal and sound.  Just keep playing and you'll find it to be one of the better sounding IEM's around.  I personally find the GR07 to rank with the top tier universals that cost twice as much.  


Nah, If there's any way to increase my seal here it has go to be either foamies (which I'm not trying out until I start my critical listening) or bigger tips/triple-flanges. I've already played with the nozzle, made me afraid of breaking it: my IEMs usually last for such a short time that I am traumatized. Not that I used to buy $180 IEMs, or even IEMs that *looked* durable.

 

post #5174 of 16803

any possibility of adding the brainwavz m4 to this list?

post #5175 of 16803
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe it View Post

Which you feel best between JVC FX500 and HA-FXT90?

I want to shoot for a great  IEM  (at least for me), and you have understood well what I want (in terms of taste); I'm also willing to grow up, learning from your experience.

Finally, what would you recommend to me IEM (absolute), to grow, than I currently have?

 

I think you would like the FTX90 better than the FX500 - the FX500 will likely have too much bass, or at least not enough bass control compared to something like the Xcape IE. You may have better luck picking one up on the sale forum here and having it shipped to you via EMS than finding a store that will sell you a new one.

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by atomikn00b View Post

any possibility of adding the brainwavz m4 to this list?



No plans at this time. You can see a list of all of the planned reviews on the front page of this thread.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)