or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 313

post #4681 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

 


Don't think the GR07 is very HD600-like. Haven't heard the FXT90 yet but I'd consider Fischer's dual dynamic, the Tandem. 

 

 


I got an offer I couldn't refuse on the GR07 but I'll try them first. I'm a bit hesitant about Fischer Audio due to the sellers as well as the wait. Hopefully the GR07 is what but I'll get them on Friday to find out and hopefully it is what I'm looking for but I'm expecting it to be a slight deviation from them but I may very well just like them.

 

post #4682 of 16803

Well, I ended up picking up the Brainwavz Beta and am kinda disappointed in them.  Mostly just the isolation.  My crappy Ink'd have better isolation.  Which would you guys recommend in the $50-60 price range with good sound (classical, but also acoustic and hardcore)  but also good isolation as I plan to use them at coffeeshops.

post #4683 of 16803

 

 

I've been using the MeElectronics M9's for a while now. I think  its time for me to upgrade. I would like it to be under $90 dollars please.

I prefer Pop ( ex: bruno mars, maroon 5, ect. ), Rap (eminem, Pitbull, ect. ), and Techno (deadmau5, Avicci, ect. )

Most of the songs have alot going on, so I'm not exactly looking for clarity and perfect detail for now.

I'm looking for an IEM with sort of the "Night Club" feeling. ( most songs I play would blend well in a night club. )

A bit bass heavy, but not so much that it ruins everything else.

 

I would also like it to be very durable, able to handle loads of abuse. ( able to stuff in pocket, can handle harsh pulls, ect.. )

 

I'm not quite the audiophile, but I do believe I should upgrade from my measly $20 dollars I spent on an IEM..

 

I think i've narrowed it down to the Brainwavz M2,  Dunu Hephaes, or the Xears IEMs ( TDIII

post #4684 of 16803
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kanuka View Post

is it me or the re272 big bi-flanges are different from the ones on the re262 ?


There are two sizes. I don't think they are different between the RE262 and RE272 of the current revision.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarsHP View Post

@ Joker: Thanks for your huge effort in this thread beerchug.gif

 

I am considering the UM Miracle and would like to know your impression of the sound vs. the 10dB peak in the frequency graph around 6kHz.

Is there an audible peak in that area (if you make a sine sweep) or is it just the mic. set-up that causes this?

 



The emphasis in that region does not come across as 10dB on sweeps and certainly doesn't sound like it to the ear. I'm pretty sure a large part of it is due to the setup they are using as the Miracle simply isn't a bright earphone.

 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TChia View Post

Thanks for the review on the Betas Joker. Can you give some suggestions for an upgrade with a similar sound signature and level of bass, but more refined in areas where the Betas are deficient? Thanks!

 

Something on the GR07 end of the scale would have that sort of balance and be a lot more refined, as it should be for 6x the price.

 

 


Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post


I got an offer I couldn't refuse on the GR07 but I'll try them first. I'm a bit hesitant about Fischer Audio due to the sellers as well as the wait. Hopefully the GR07 is what but I'll get them on Friday to find out and hopefully it is what I'm looking for but I'm expecting it to be a slight deviation from them but I may very well just like them.

 



I have no doubt you'll like the GR07 - the old rawrster would have found them damn impressive wink.gif. I just don't think they are HD600s incarnate.





 
Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoe24 View Post

Well, I ended up picking up the Brainwavz Beta and am kinda disappointed in them.  Mostly just the isolation.  My crappy Ink'd have better isolation.  Which would you guys recommend in the $50-60 price range with good sound (classical, but also acoustic and hardcore)  but also good isolation as I plan to use them at coffeeshops.


Not entirely sure why you would buy a half-in-ear and expect high noise isolation.

$50 can get you a CC51 or A151 from MEElec or for a warmer sound a Brainwavz M2 or a refurb Turbine. If you want more balanced sound there's the XR120 Pro II from Xears (if it's still in production).

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by StereoNoodles View Post

 

 

I've been using the MeElectronics M9's for a while now. I think  its time for me to upgrade. I would like it to be under $90 dollars please.

I prefer Pop ( ex: bruno mars, maroon 5, ect. ), Rap (eminem, Pitbull, ect. ), and Techno (deadmau5, Avicci, ect. )

Most of the songs have alot going on, so I'm not exactly looking for clarity and perfect detail for now.

I'm looking for an IEM with sort of the "Night Club" feeling. ( most songs I play would blend well in a night club. )

A bit bass heavy, but not so much that it ruins everything else.

 

I would also like it to be very durable, able to handle loads of abuse. ( able to stuff in pocket, can handle harsh pulls, ect.. )

 

I'm not quite the audiophile, but I do believe I should upgrade from my measly $20 dollars I spent on an IEM..

 

I think i've narrowed it down to the Brainwavz M2,  Dunu Hephaes, or the Xears IEMs ( TDIII


I wouldn't expect high durability from anything Xears and I don't consider the Hephaes to be very good value for money sonically (might as well just get the Trident for half the price). I would go for the Beyer DTX 101 iE. The bass is quite substantial (but not as excessive as with the M9) and there's no weak spots in the construction.

 



 

post #4685 of 16803

As per your recommendation, ljokerl, I just ordered the FA Consonance yesterday. What bothers me right now is that the website (gd-audiobase) sent no confirmation so I checked up on Head-Fi to see if other people complained about it... What I found kind of shocked me, with people waiting for 2 months on a pair...

 

Did I just lose 70$? Did you order from them?

post #4686 of 16803

Thanks for the reviews, Joker. I've ordered a pair of Hisound Audio Crystal-2s from eBay. I listen to a lot of My Chemical Romance, Police, Led Zeppelin etc, these should be good for that, correct?

 

post #4687 of 16803

Checking in and will wait for the FXT90 and K2 SP review biggrin.gif

post #4688 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by rawrster View Post

Since you know my preferences what would you suggest for me. I'm looking for something similar to my preferences but with some warmth similar to say an HD600 but musical. I'm thinking something like the GR07 or that Phonak deal with the PFE111 and get a PFE012 free. I have a M2 but want something better quality with less bass but not too bass light.

 

Having just got the HD600, I doubt you'll get 'musical HD600' in GR07. I don't think you will be dissatisfied on the bass front though.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogears View Post

Checking in and will wait for the FXT90 and K2 SP review biggrin.gif


Checks in every week, continues waiting for TF10 review rolleyes.gif

post #4689 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by StargateRecords View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlofsoup View Post

So, I just found a pair of Sony earbuds with the model nameMDR-EX310LP. I was wondering if anyone had heard them yet as they seem to be a new model? Chances are that they are just re-shelled EX300's buds though



I have the MDR-EX310LP in white, I use them with my iPod Touch via EQu and with my BlackBerry, they sound great !


how is the sound signature?

 

post #4690 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

I have no doubt you'll like the GR07 - the old rawrster would have found them damn impressive wink.gif. I just don't think they are HD600s incarnate.
 

 

I did do some research and it seems I'll like them. The old rawrster also didn't have a headphone rig and had a slightly larger wallet :)

post #4691 of 16803

@Joker

 

I would like to thank you for this great effort of putting things together.

I am a newbie and your post helped me a lot to order my very first IEM.

 

 

1- My source will be an iPhone 3G, and sometimes my macbook maybe. So i don't think i may buy very very sensitive IEMS while i don't have enough juice at the moment.

2- I mostly listen soft rock(U2, Bon Jovi etc.), soft jazz (Kenny G., Norah Jones, Frank Sinatra etc.), some classicals from Mozart, Beethoven etc. and some pop music of all kind from Edith Piaf to Michael Jackson.. And i am not sure about what to look at while checking the reviews about sond quality of the IEMS. I know i don't need extreme bass as i am not a bass head. I like clear sound with lots of details. Bass should be there but more importantly Vocals should be clear and all instruments must sound fine.

 

My budget was just 40 usd for the first IEM however i loved the Amazon price of Meelec a151 at $47.99 and go for it.

I will try to post my own review about them when i receive the package and burned them in.

 

Just a basic question.. Are there any special techniques to burn in the new IEMS? I am considering pluging it to my pc and let it run for a full day. Should i run it max. volume? Are there any specific audio files to play while burning in? 

 

thanks again..

post #4692 of 16803

void


Edited by bmeat - 8/15/14 at 11:24am
post #4693 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmeat View Post

joker, do the apple in ear really not stack up with the other balanced armatures at around the same price, or is it just a bit of apple hate that earned them their 6.2 sq rating, when the other bas have a 7.0plus? (a151 pl50) im wondering if their two drivers help them move more air, as that only seems logical and therefore have more natural soundstage/timbre/bottem end? thanks



Well, and you can take my opinion with a grain of salt, I have the Apple Dual Driver IEMs and the MEElec A151s and the A151s are definitely superior to my ears, being more detailed and better balanced than the Apple IEMs. The Apple IEMs aren't bad at all but they're a textbook example of "more does not always equal better".

post #4694 of 16803

audio technica VS DBA-02 

i get an idea they're pretty close in sound

how is their treble, upper mids (and mids at all) compared to the RE0's? 

and specially how vocals (female) sound on these dual BA compared to the RE0? i tried the RE0 and i really liked how vocals sound, a bit far but very detailed and with  a sense of warmth/sweet. and the highs were just WOW!!

 

i hope  joker and rawster can answer this question

thnx

post #4695 of 16803
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)