very informative joker! i agree on a 10/10 for dba-02 but i sold them because they really lack that bass rumble of dynamics (mtpg,hje900,etc). On the other hand the phiaton ps 200 are too bright for me and even has less bass than dba-02. Radius ddm is the winner imo
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
IT WAS THE FIRST HEADPHONE AMPLIFIER I BOUGHT AND I PAIRED IT WITH A SONY NWZ-A15. DECENT SOUND, ALMOST NO PROBLEM WITH IT, BUT EXCEPT ITS DESIGN WHICH I FIND SOMEWHAT UGLY IT WAS UNABLE TO...
Intro & Me: I'm best described as someone who loves music, loves gear and loves to combine them into a "hobby" that focuses on all of these important ingredients from Head-Fi. I have quite a...
Picture are default 1200 x 800 resolution - click to view larger images.INTRODUCTIONThis one came out of the blue. A company I'd never heard of, and an IEM I didn't know existed. The inquiry was...
[[SPOILER]] Introduction:The device was lent to me as part of FiiO's review tour. I was given 10 days with the device to evaluate it and in return give my honest opinion about it. My current...
At the time this review was written, the iFi Pro iCan was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here are some links for purchase and...
Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 31post #451 of 168497/26/10 at 12:55am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #452 of 168497/26/10 at 1:37am
I'm so glad that the CK90Pros finally got a shout joker - awesome writeup! I know you've had a fair amount of time with them. I was wondering really how they compared to the spectrum of IEM's at large, because I do feel after getting them that I was in possession of something a little underappreciated.
Have you tried the foam mod (changing the amount of foam in the stem) by any chance? I'm wondering how much closer they get to the CK10 as a result of changing the amount of foam - would it become a holy grail of a CK10 with more bass? (Well, not a holy grail... bass decay times are still a big issue I feel...)
Your impressions line up with how I feel the DDM and the CK90Pro sound though. I have one question though - do the DBA-02's have a more natural bass decay feel to them than the CK90Pros? I'm pining for an IEM with DDM like bass decay, with BA armature treble speed and articulation...post #453 of 168497/26/10 at 2:34am
This thread is really becoming comprehensive!
An outstanding job has been done, and a big THANKS to Joker! :D
It is one of the most comprehensive and detailed, yet very enjoyable review here on HF. Kudos!post #454 of 168497/26/10 at 2:46am
Joker, thanks heaps for the new reviews. I'm intrigued by the DBAs, but as I already have the SM3s, I need to figure out if thats just the autistic itch of the geeknerd in me rather than anything else.
By the way, can you please get hold of the SM3s, either through crime or honest means, cos I want to see how you rate them. Me, I give them 9 tentacles up.
post #455 of 168497/26/10 at 6:04am
I was wondering when those reviews would be posted. Nice reviews and your DBA-02 thoughts comes pretty close to how I feel about them and my issue with them build wise mostly is that useless chin slider.post #456 of 168497/26/10 at 6:09ampost #457 of 168497/26/10 at 6:17am
you could I guess but it won't be that easy. It isn't a plastic tube like some chin slider but more similar to the slider than comes with the coppers, golds, etc. I haven't tried and probably never will. If it bothers me enough I'll make my own but I haven't had them in my possession for a while now.post #458 of 168497/26/10 at 6:27ampost #459 of 168497/26/10 at 6:28am
Of course, being a major DBA-02 fan, your review Mike was right on the money for me. Having owned the CK10 in the not-too-distant past, your assessment is perfect. I sold the CK10s mainly because I could not get a comfortable long-wear fit with the tips I preferred, but otherwise we share the same sensibilities when it comes to IEMs. My top two IEMS? The DBAs and the lowly (price-wise) Cyclone PR1 Pros. I have to thank LFF for his introduction to the DBAs, and you for unveiling the PR1s (boy, how I wish I had kept my backup pair of those now).
Anyway, I think the most interesting aspect of your DBA review is that as you say, some might prefer the IE8/DDM sound for bass presentation, and that's cool. But anyone who wants just enough tight, articulate bass (and a tad more than the CK10, which is good) and clean, clear detailed mids and highs owes it to themselves to try a pair of DBAs.
As you may know, they are on sale for $145 now, if that sale is still open, at Budgen,so an even better value.
Excellent work Mike. Of course, you are preaching to the converted.
Someday, I would like to read your review of the SM3, as Benny says. My guess is we'd hear them the same way as well - excellent, albeit very expensive, IEMs, but just a bit too warm (if that's the best term) for those who prefer the DBA/CK10 signature. But who knows?post #460 of 168497/26/10 at 6:29ampost #461 of 168497/26/10 at 6:31ampost #462 of 168497/26/10 at 6:37ampost #463 of 168497/26/10 at 6:40ampost #464 of 168497/26/10 at 6:46ampost #465 of 168497/26/10 at 7:08amQuote:
Please, for the sake of your IEMs, do not do that. Not only am I the one who would be honoring your warranty claim, it's a real easy way to kill IEMs fast. Only do it with cheaper buds. Anything expensive, a case works wonders for longevity.
And about the chin slider, I mostly use it during storage to keep the two sides from getting tangled up in some mess, which is usually all I do with chin sliders.
Edited by ethan961 - 7/26/10 at 7:10amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Moon Audio silver dragon JH Audio 4 pin to 4.4mm Sony cable ( new... 4 hours, 50 minutes ago
- › Uptone Audio Regen latest version 9 hours, 42 minutes ago
- › 24bit vs 16bit, the myth exploded! 10 hours, 46 minutes ago
- › Schiit Happened: The Story of the World's Most Improbable Start-Up 13 hours, 37 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 14 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › Samsung S8 / S8+ Sound Quality 14 hours, 27 minutes ago
- › [FS] LZ A4 (Brand new - EU located) 14 hours, 41 minutes ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 14 hours, 55 minutes ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 16 hours, 6 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 16 hours, 7 minutes ago
- › FiiO A3 Portable Headphone Amplifier (Black) by yannisgk
- › Rhapsodio RDB Mk.IV by SeeSax
- › Aedle ODS-1 by Brooko
- › FiiO X5 3rd gen Premium Hi-Res DAP by xkonfuzed
- › iFi Pro iCAN by Hisoundfi
- › Jomo Audio pretty Little beast by ExpatinJapan
- › Campfire Audio Jupiter by mrstrangeguy
- › Venture Electronics Asura 2.0 by SOULSIK
- › HiFiMAN RE-400 by SOULSIK
- › Meze 99 Neo by dweaver
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear