very informative joker! i agree on a 10/10 for dba-02 but i sold them because they really lack that bass rumble of dynamics (mtpg,hje900,etc). On the other hand the phiaton ps 200 are too bright for me and even has less bass than dba-02. Radius ddm is the winner imo
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
RHA CL750 – initial impressions Reid Heath Audio are a Scotland-based manufacturer who will be familiar to iFans, with their T10i and T20i all-metal IEMs being prominently displayed in...
Website: LINK Product page: LINK Price: $50 + Shipping The package… The cable arrives in a small cardboard box and just the cable well wrapped inside. Nothing...
The new Crusher wireless from Skullcandy is a great improvement on the old Skullcrushers. The most noticeable improvement is NO EXTERNAL BATTERIES which is very important because a person can spend...
I have been using this for over a year now and use it nearly daily. Extremely versatile component can be used not only for mobile play, but also line out to my receiver (don't yet have funds for...
I purchased these headphones based on reviews, specifications, and looks and I am not disappointed in the least. The initial comfort for the headphones was good, but it took some adjusting to stop...
Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 31post #451 of 168367/26/10 at 12:55am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #452 of 168367/26/10 at 1:37am
I'm so glad that the CK90Pros finally got a shout joker - awesome writeup! I know you've had a fair amount of time with them. I was wondering really how they compared to the spectrum of IEM's at large, because I do feel after getting them that I was in possession of something a little underappreciated.
Have you tried the foam mod (changing the amount of foam in the stem) by any chance? I'm wondering how much closer they get to the CK10 as a result of changing the amount of foam - would it become a holy grail of a CK10 with more bass? (Well, not a holy grail... bass decay times are still a big issue I feel...)
Your impressions line up with how I feel the DDM and the CK90Pro sound though. I have one question though - do the DBA-02's have a more natural bass decay feel to them than the CK90Pros? I'm pining for an IEM with DDM like bass decay, with BA armature treble speed and articulation...post #453 of 168367/26/10 at 2:34am
This thread is really becoming comprehensive!
An outstanding job has been done, and a big THANKS to Joker! :D
It is one of the most comprehensive and detailed, yet very enjoyable review here on HF. Kudos!post #454 of 168367/26/10 at 2:46am
Joker, thanks heaps for the new reviews. I'm intrigued by the DBAs, but as I already have the SM3s, I need to figure out if thats just the autistic itch of the geeknerd in me rather than anything else.
By the way, can you please get hold of the SM3s, either through crime or honest means, cos I want to see how you rate them. Me, I give them 9 tentacles up.
post #455 of 168367/26/10 at 6:04am
I was wondering when those reviews would be posted. Nice reviews and your DBA-02 thoughts comes pretty close to how I feel about them and my issue with them build wise mostly is that useless chin slider.post #456 of 168367/26/10 at 6:09ampost #457 of 168367/26/10 at 6:17am
you could I guess but it won't be that easy. It isn't a plastic tube like some chin slider but more similar to the slider than comes with the coppers, golds, etc. I haven't tried and probably never will. If it bothers me enough I'll make my own but I haven't had them in my possession for a while now.post #458 of 168367/26/10 at 6:27ampost #459 of 168367/26/10 at 6:28am
Of course, being a major DBA-02 fan, your review Mike was right on the money for me. Having owned the CK10 in the not-too-distant past, your assessment is perfect. I sold the CK10s mainly because I could not get a comfortable long-wear fit with the tips I preferred, but otherwise we share the same sensibilities when it comes to IEMs. My top two IEMS? The DBAs and the lowly (price-wise) Cyclone PR1 Pros. I have to thank LFF for his introduction to the DBAs, and you for unveiling the PR1s (boy, how I wish I had kept my backup pair of those now).
Anyway, I think the most interesting aspect of your DBA review is that as you say, some might prefer the IE8/DDM sound for bass presentation, and that's cool. But anyone who wants just enough tight, articulate bass (and a tad more than the CK10, which is good) and clean, clear detailed mids and highs owes it to themselves to try a pair of DBAs.
As you may know, they are on sale for $145 now, if that sale is still open, at Budgen,so an even better value.
Excellent work Mike. Of course, you are preaching to the converted.
Someday, I would like to read your review of the SM3, as Benny says. My guess is we'd hear them the same way as well - excellent, albeit very expensive, IEMs, but just a bit too warm (if that's the best term) for those who prefer the DBA/CK10 signature. But who knows?post #460 of 168367/26/10 at 6:29ampost #461 of 168367/26/10 at 6:31ampost #462 of 168367/26/10 at 6:37ampost #463 of 168367/26/10 at 6:40ampost #464 of 168367/26/10 at 6:46ampost #465 of 168367/26/10 at 7:08amQuote:
Please, for the sake of your IEMs, do not do that. Not only am I the one who would be honoring your warranty claim, it's a real easy way to kill IEMs fast. Only do it with cheaper buds. Anything expensive, a case works wonders for longevity.
And about the chin slider, I mostly use it during storage to keep the two sides from getting tangled up in some mess, which is usually all I do with chin sliders.
Edited by ethan961 - 7/26/10 at 7:10amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Tonebooster Morphit - Correct your headphone's frequency response,... 35 seconds ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 41 seconds ago
- › Seattle Super Can Meet, Sunday 2/5/17 1 minute ago
- › Which is better: Sennheiser HD800S or Ether Flow? 1 minute ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 1 minute ago
- › Why are flagship headphones so expensive now? 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★►FAQ in 3rd post!◄★☆ 1 minute ago
- › Burson Supreme Sound Audio V5-OPA-D,V5-OPA-S Review 2 minutes ago
- › Denon AH-7200 2 minutes ago
- › RHA CL750 by Jackpot77
- › MEE audio - MMCX SILVER-PLATED CABLE by Zelda
- › Skullcandy Crusher Wireless Bluetooth Over-Ear Headphone with Mic -... by fusiondragon
- › FiiO X3 2nd gen Ultraportable Hi-Res DAP by mokler
- › Audio-Technica ATH-M50x by mokler
- › Noble Audio Encore Universal flagship in-ear monitor by WCDchee
- › Noble Audio Kaiser Encore by Saraguie
- › Hifiman EF2A Usb Headphone Amplifier by td2004
- › Blue Ever Blue Model 1001 by B9Scrambler
- › Brainwavz B150 by dnun8086
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear