very informative joker! i agree on a 10/10 for dba-02 but i sold them because they really lack that bass rumble of dynamics (mtpg,hje900,etc). On the other hand the phiaton ps 200 are too bright for me and even has less bass than dba-02. Radius ddm is the winner imo
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Disclaimer: This review was originally published at http://headflux.de/inear-prophile-8 on September 24, 2016 in German. We've been invited by InEar to test the prototype for the purpose of writing...
Apple is really doing it: they're taking a brand that has the dominant marketshare in the headphone marketplace despite having had subpar audio quality, and greatly improving it while adding...
I would like to thank Ken from Campfire Audio for providing me with a review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. Introduction ALO Audio has been an established name in the industry for...
Introduction The Fragrant Zither (TFZ) is a company that I am very fond of. I absolutely loved their previous flagship, the TFZ Series 5 and praised it with very high word. It became one of my...
From the Doukaudio website: "Shenzheng Cavins Technology Co.,LTD has been established since 2014.. We are devoted to design and research of hi-end level of audio equipments under our own brand...
Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 31post #451 of 168027/26/10 at 12:55am
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #452 of 168027/26/10 at 1:37am
I'm so glad that the CK90Pros finally got a shout joker - awesome writeup! I know you've had a fair amount of time with them. I was wondering really how they compared to the spectrum of IEM's at large, because I do feel after getting them that I was in possession of something a little underappreciated.
Have you tried the foam mod (changing the amount of foam in the stem) by any chance? I'm wondering how much closer they get to the CK10 as a result of changing the amount of foam - would it become a holy grail of a CK10 with more bass? (Well, not a holy grail... bass decay times are still a big issue I feel...)
Your impressions line up with how I feel the DDM and the CK90Pro sound though. I have one question though - do the DBA-02's have a more natural bass decay feel to them than the CK90Pros? I'm pining for an IEM with DDM like bass decay, with BA armature treble speed and articulation...post #453 of 168027/26/10 at 2:34am
This thread is really becoming comprehensive!
An outstanding job has been done, and a big THANKS to Joker! :D
It is one of the most comprehensive and detailed, yet very enjoyable review here on HF. Kudos!post #454 of 168027/26/10 at 2:46am
Joker, thanks heaps for the new reviews. I'm intrigued by the DBAs, but as I already have the SM3s, I need to figure out if thats just the autistic itch of the geeknerd in me rather than anything else.
By the way, can you please get hold of the SM3s, either through crime or honest means, cos I want to see how you rate them. Me, I give them 9 tentacles up.
post #455 of 168027/26/10 at 6:04am
I was wondering when those reviews would be posted. Nice reviews and your DBA-02 thoughts comes pretty close to how I feel about them and my issue with them build wise mostly is that useless chin slider.post #456 of 168027/26/10 at 6:09ampost #457 of 168027/26/10 at 6:17am
you could I guess but it won't be that easy. It isn't a plastic tube like some chin slider but more similar to the slider than comes with the coppers, golds, etc. I haven't tried and probably never will. If it bothers me enough I'll make my own but I haven't had them in my possession for a while now.post #458 of 168027/26/10 at 6:27ampost #459 of 168027/26/10 at 6:28am
Of course, being a major DBA-02 fan, your review Mike was right on the money for me. Having owned the CK10 in the not-too-distant past, your assessment is perfect. I sold the CK10s mainly because I could not get a comfortable long-wear fit with the tips I preferred, but otherwise we share the same sensibilities when it comes to IEMs. My top two IEMS? The DBAs and the lowly (price-wise) Cyclone PR1 Pros. I have to thank LFF for his introduction to the DBAs, and you for unveiling the PR1s (boy, how I wish I had kept my backup pair of those now).
Anyway, I think the most interesting aspect of your DBA review is that as you say, some might prefer the IE8/DDM sound for bass presentation, and that's cool. But anyone who wants just enough tight, articulate bass (and a tad more than the CK10, which is good) and clean, clear detailed mids and highs owes it to themselves to try a pair of DBAs.
As you may know, they are on sale for $145 now, if that sale is still open, at Budgen,so an even better value.
Excellent work Mike. Of course, you are preaching to the converted.
Someday, I would like to read your review of the SM3, as Benny says. My guess is we'd hear them the same way as well - excellent, albeit very expensive, IEMs, but just a bit too warm (if that's the best term) for those who prefer the DBA/CK10 signature. But who knows?post #460 of 168027/26/10 at 6:29ampost #461 of 168027/26/10 at 6:31ampost #462 of 168027/26/10 at 6:37ampost #463 of 168027/26/10 at 6:40ampost #464 of 168027/26/10 at 6:46ampost #465 of 168027/26/10 at 7:08amQuote:
Please, for the sake of your IEMs, do not do that. Not only am I the one who would be honoring your warranty claim, it's a real easy way to kill IEMs fast. Only do it with cheaper buds. Anything expensive, a case works wonders for longevity.
And about the chin slider, I mostly use it during storage to keep the two sides from getting tangled up in some mess, which is usually all I do with chin sliders.
Edited by ethan961 - 7/26/10 at 7:10amReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Introducing AAW X ADVANCED Accessport High Resolution Amplifier for... 6 seconds ago
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEMs Review / Preview 34 seconds ago
- › Audeze LCD-2 Impressions Thread 1 minute ago
- › ONKYO DP-X1 | Dual Sabre Dacs | Balanced | Sabre BTL Amp | MQA |... 2 minutes ago
- › Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Portable Headphones and IEMs) 2 minutes ago
- › Help me choose a headphone for home listening 2 minutes ago
- › If you still love Etymotic ER4, this is the thread for you... 2 minutes ago
- › Band Name Game II 3 minutes ago
- › HiFiman HE-500 (HE as in High End) Proving to be an enjoyable... 3 minutes ago
- › NEW SONY NW-WM1Z / WM1A FLAGSHIP HI-END DAP!!! 3 minutes ago
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by bartzky
- › Beats Solo3 Wireless On-Ear Headphone - Black by MICHAELSD
- › Campfire Audio Andromeda by flinkenick
- › TFZ Balance 2M by ustinj
- › Nobsound NS-01E Mini Tube Headphone Amplifier Stereo HiFi Amp Audio... by crabdog
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by Wokei
- › Lindemann musicbook:10 DSD by thatonenoob
- › Fidue A73 Hybrid Monitor Earphones with universal single button... by DynamikeB
- › Beyerdynamic T5p by Army-Firedawg
- › Sennheiser PX 100-II Supra-Aural Mini Headphones - Black by Johannus
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear