or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 267

post #3991 of 16803

You labeled the latest Xears "3A60" in the contents and "3A61" in the actual review

post #3992 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heret1c View Post


I think he wasnt referring to the sound of the UM3x and RE262 but rather he was likening the 'hype' around the RE262 to that of the UM3x.

 

 

Well, in that case my bad.
 

 

post #3993 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianist View Post

 

I personally don't find the mids on FX700 recessed with a good fit. Sometimes they may seem a little bit behind all that bass and the sparkling treble, but they are all there when required IMO. And the mids quality on FX700 is out of this world. Outstanding timbre accuracy, detail, dynamics and clarity coupled with a wonderful subtle warmth from the wooden housing and driver. Musicality at its best IMO. I couldn't ask for more from an IEM really.

 

I'd have felt the same, if it hadn't been for the EX1000/GR07. Even after a plethora of tips, the FX700's mids were still borderline recessed to neutral at best (if I'm to be overly generous) for my ears. When it came to any vocal track, my preference fell on the former two each and every time. Nonetheless, as it stands, the FX700 is most certainly amongst my top 5 universals. smile.gif

post #3994 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianist View Post

And the mids quality on FX700 is out of this world. 

 

Allow me to disagree once again for the sake of balance here.  I would never recommend the FX700 to anyone who considers themselves a mids lover.  Especially a vocals lover.  I'll leave it at that.

post #3995 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by i2ehan View Post

 

I'd have felt the same, if it hadn't been for the EX1000/GR07. Even after a plethora of tips, the FX700's mids were still borderline recessed to neutral at best (if I'm to be overly generous) for my ears. When it came to any vocal track, my preference fell on the former two each and every time. Nonetheless, as it stands, the FX700 is most certainly amongst my top 5 universals. smile.gif

 

Well, don't fix it if it ain't broke. I am happy with what I currently have and I really don't feel like trying anything else anymore. FX700 is fantastic. If I want more clarity and presence in the mids, I grab the RE272. And if I just want a great all around listening experience, I put on DT880. Seems like the journey's over for me. At least for now...

 

post #3996 of 16803

Famous last words.  At least you put a qualifier on it!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianist View Post

Seems like the journey's over for me. At least for now...

 



 

post #3997 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post

 

Allow me to disagree once again for the sake of balance here.  I would never recommend the FX700 to anyone who considers themselves a mids lover.  Especially a vocals lover.  I'll leave it at that.

 

Ditto.

post #3998 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaxilus View Post

Allow me to disagree once again for the sake of balance here.  I would never recommend the FX700 to anyone who considers themselves a mids lover.  Especially a vocals lover.  I'll leave it at that.

 

I am still puzzled why you find the FX700 mids unnatural. To my ears, they sound very real. Oh well...

 

post #3999 of 16803
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopspinTEC View Post

You labeled the latest Xears "3A60" in the contents and "3A61" in the actual review



fixed, thanks

post #4000 of 16803

How does the bass of the Miracle compare to that of the RE272?

post #4001 of 16803
Thread Starter 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianist View Post

How does the bass of the Miracle compare to that of the RE272?



The Miracle has more subbass and more overall impact and presence. There is more rumble and definition down low with the Miracle and the low end is crisper and punchier while the RE272 is softer and more delicate.

post #4002 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

The Miracle has more subbass and more overall impact and presence. There is more rumble and definition down low with the Miracle and the low end is crisper and punchier while the RE272 is softer and more delicate.

 

So it seems to me that the Miracle and RE272 each offer different strengths in the bass and neither is really better than the other. I mean if someone listens primarily to instrumental music with little sub bass and likes delicate lows, then the person may prefer RE272 sound, right?

 

I understand that the Miracle is supposed to offer an unparalleled level of technical ability having six BA drivers per side, but does it really sound natural? Does it really sound totally coherent? I find it hard to believe that considering that even dual drivers sometimes struggle to deliver a coherent sound and triple drivers are sometimes a real nightmare in this regard, a 6 driver IEM somehow manages to sound perfectly composed without a single trace this problem. Does it have the timbre of RE272 or FX700? Can it do strings as well or better than RE272 and FX700? Does saxophone sound more realistic than with RE272? I find RE272 extremely realistic in how it renders the instrument with maximum clarity, a very full bodies sound to my ears and really, really good detail. Does the Miracle beat that to your ears?

 

I am sorry if this may sound like an attack on the Miracle. I haven't heard it, so I cannot criticize the sound. I am just speculating based on my current experience with many multi drivers, which has been quite negative overall to say the least.

 

I also find it highly suspicious that right after the JH13 released their triumphant JH13 6 driver BA customs which were supposed to be the pinnacle of current BA technology and must take quite an effort to build all these other companies many of which are hardly known like the Unique Melody or the Rooth or whatever it's called suddenly started rolling out 6 driver and 8 driver monsters like hotcakes and claiming that all of them offer that same unparalleled sound quality with no compromise and all that. Are all of these 6-8 driver BAs really that great? Well, I think it is a real miracle if they are.


Edited by Pianist - 8/26/11 at 7:14pm
post #4003 of 16803

In my experience, multi-driver BA customs, when done right can sound perfectly coherent and technically superior to dynamic driver IEMs.

 

If you find it hard to believe try them yourself, you may be surprised!

post #4004 of 16803

Well, I guess Westone couldn't do it right with their ES3X then because they didn't sound perfectly coherent to me. I know it's just one custom though and I need to try more to really get a good idea of customs sound. But do customs really sound all that different from universals?

post #4005 of 16803
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pianist View Post

Well, I guess Westone couldn't do it right with their ES3X then because they didn't sound perfectly coherent to me. I know it's just one custom though and I need to try more to really get a good idea of customs sound. But do customs really sound all that different from universals?


The only triple driver I've liked in my life was the UERM.  Oddly the ES5 beats it in coherence for me, go figure.  Against both of those, the W4, 530, SM3, DDM pale by comparison for coherence and naturalness IMO.

 

Now it might be very personal since recently I've heard people say they use their mental powers to change the SS and imaging of their phones so caveat everything I said. 

 


Edited by Anaxilus - 8/26/11 at 7:38pm
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)