You labeled the latest Xears "3A60" in the contents and "3A61" in the actual review
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Intro The Meze 12 Classics has been provided to me by the Meze company as part of the official European review tour in exchange for my honest opinion. Later on Meze decided the participants can...
Hello and thanks for getting to my review! Firstly, need to tell you that this DAC/headamp has no battery inside, so those needing something to listen while jogging or walking might need to...
SPECS: Driver Type 8mm Dynamic Plug Type 3.5mm Gold-plated Cord Length 1.3m Y Frequency Response 12 Hz – 22...
1MORE Capsule Dual-Driver In-Ear Headphones Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to 1MORE UK for the review sample. Full review...
Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM Earphone Quick Review by mark2410 Thanks to Massdrop for the loaner. Full review...
Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 267
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3992 of 168028/25/11 at 4:34pmQuote:
Well, in that case my bad.
post #3993 of 168028/25/11 at 4:41pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pianist
I personally don't find the mids on FX700 recessed with a good fit. Sometimes they may seem a little bit behind all that bass and the sparkling treble, but they are all there when required IMO. And the mids quality on FX700 is out of this world. Outstanding timbre accuracy, detail, dynamics and clarity coupled with a wonderful subtle warmth from the wooden housing and driver. Musicality at its best IMO. I couldn't ask for more from an IEM really.
I'd have felt the same, if it hadn't been for the EX1000/GR07. Even after a plethora of tips, the FX700's mids were still borderline recessed to neutral at best (if I'm to be overly generous) for my ears. When it came to any vocal track, my preference fell on the former two each and every time. Nonetheless, as it stands, the FX700 is most certainly amongst my top 5 universals.post #3994 of 168028/25/11 at 4:44pm
Allow me to disagree once again for the sake of balance here. I would never recommend the FX700 to anyone who considers themselves a mids lover. Especially a vocals lover. I'll leave it at that.post #3995 of 168028/25/11 at 4:47pmQuote:Originally Posted by i2ehan
I'd have felt the same, if it hadn't been for the EX1000/GR07. Even after a plethora of tips, the FX700's mids were still borderline recessed to neutral at best (if I'm to be overly generous) for my ears. When it came to any vocal track, my preference fell on the former two each and every time. Nonetheless, as it stands, the FX700 is most certainly amongst my top 5 universals.
Well, don't fix it if it ain't broke. I am happy with what I currently have and I really don't feel like trying anything else anymore. FX700 is fantastic. If I want more clarity and presence in the mids, I grab the RE272. And if I just want a great all around listening experience, I put on DT880. Seems like the journey's over for me. At least for now...post #3996 of 168028/25/11 at 5:01pmpost #3997 of 168028/25/11 at 5:03pmQuote:
Ditto.post #3998 of 168028/25/11 at 5:05pmQuote:
I am still puzzled why you find the FX700 mids unnatural. To my ears, they sound very real. Oh well...post #3999 of 168028/25/11 at 7:27pmThread Starterpost #4000 of 168028/26/11 at 6:44ampost #4001 of 168028/26/11 at 6:07pmThread Starter
The Miracle has more subbass and more overall impact and presence. There is more rumble and definition down low with the Miracle and the low end is crisper and punchier while the RE272 is softer and more delicate.post #4002 of 168028/26/11 at 7:03pmQuote:
So it seems to me that the Miracle and RE272 each offer different strengths in the bass and neither is really better than the other. I mean if someone listens primarily to instrumental music with little sub bass and likes delicate lows, then the person may prefer RE272 sound, right?
I understand that the Miracle is supposed to offer an unparalleled level of technical ability having six BA drivers per side, but does it really sound natural? Does it really sound totally coherent? I find it hard to believe that considering that even dual drivers sometimes struggle to deliver a coherent sound and triple drivers are sometimes a real nightmare in this regard, a 6 driver IEM somehow manages to sound perfectly composed without a single trace this problem. Does it have the timbre of RE272 or FX700? Can it do strings as well or better than RE272 and FX700? Does saxophone sound more realistic than with RE272? I find RE272 extremely realistic in how it renders the instrument with maximum clarity, a very full bodies sound to my ears and really, really good detail. Does the Miracle beat that to your ears?
I am sorry if this may sound like an attack on the Miracle. I haven't heard it, so I cannot criticize the sound. I am just speculating based on my current experience with many multi drivers, which has been quite negative overall to say the least.
I also find it highly suspicious that right after the JH13 released their triumphant JH13 6 driver BA customs which were supposed to be the pinnacle of current BA technology and must take quite an effort to build all these other companies many of which are hardly known like the Unique Melody or the Rooth or whatever it's called suddenly started rolling out 6 driver and 8 driver monsters like hotcakes and claiming that all of them offer that same unparalleled sound quality with no compromise and all that. Are all of these 6-8 driver BAs really that great? Well, I think it is a real miracle if they are.
Edited by Pianist - 8/26/11 at 7:14pmpost #4003 of 168028/26/11 at 7:12pm
In my experience, multi-driver BA customs, when done right can sound perfectly coherent and technically superior to dynamic driver IEMs.
If you find it hard to believe try them yourself, you may be surprised!post #4004 of 168028/26/11 at 7:22pm
Well, I guess Westone couldn't do it right with their ES3X then because they didn't sound perfectly coherent to me. I know it's just one custom though and I need to try more to really get a good idea of customs sound. But do customs really sound all that different from universals?post #4005 of 168028/26/11 at 7:35pmQuote:Originally Posted by Pianist
Well, I guess Westone couldn't do it right with their ES3X then because they didn't sound perfectly coherent to me. I know it's just one custom though and I need to try more to really get a good idea of customs sound. But do customs really sound all that different from universals?
The only triple driver I've liked in my life was the UERM. Oddly the ES5 beats it in coherence for me, go figure. Against both of those, the W4, 530, SM3, DDM pale by comparison for coherence and naturalness IMO.
Now it might be very personal since recently I've heard people say they use their mental powers to change the SS and imaging of their phones so caveat everything I said.
Edited by Anaxilus - 8/26/11 at 7:38pmReturn HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › CanJam NYC 2017 (February 4-5, 2017) 2 seconds ago
- › Campfire Audio Vega (and Dorado and Lyra II) - Head-Fi TV 6 seconds ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 1 minute ago
- › Chord Mojo DAC-amp ☆★FAQ in 3rd post!★☆ 1 minute ago
- › Sennheiser HD800 S Impressions Thread (read first post for summary) 2 minutes ago
- › Questyle CMA600i appreciation ... 3 minutes ago
- › What the $^&# heck is it?.........iFi iEMatch! 5 minutes ago
- › Android phones and USB DACs 5 minutes ago
- › 「Official」Asian Anime, Manga, and Music Lounge 6 minutes ago
- › Review of Audio Technica ATH-IM01, ATH-IM02, ATH-IM03, ATH-IM04,... 8 minutes ago
- › Effect Audio - Thor Silver II by sonickarma
- › Meze 12 Classics by OSiRiSsk
- › Roland Mobile UA UA-M10 USB Audio Interface by raoultrifan
- › Brainwavz M100 IEM Noise Isolating Earphones with Remote &... by NA Blur
- › 1MORE Capsule Dual Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone... by mark2410
- › Massdrop x Noble X Universal IEM by mark2410
- › HIFIMAN HE1000 V2 Over Ear Planar Magnetic Headphone by MattTCG
- › Bluedio V (Victory) Pro Patented PPS12 Drivers Wireless Bluetooth... by mark2410
- › Edifier R2000DB Powered Bluetooth Bookshelf Speakers - Near-Field... by ryanjsoo
- › Yamaha MusicCast WX-010 Wireless Speaker (White) by mark2410
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear