I would say no.
1. You would be better of saving money for customs;
Why waste more cash on another universal when you have a pair of customs if you save a little more?
The Sony iems are not cheap; 2. they cost around Singapore $680 approximately (offer price from Sony shop) elsewhere, I heard they cost close to $700 to nearly $1000 (Singapore dollars)
3. And they offer little, if any, marked sound improvement over the other top tier universals you own, hence it would be more of a side grade in terms of sound.
However, this is just my view;
4. If you really want to buy, go and demo out a pair before making a decision.
And buy them online, preferably 2nd hand to save $$$
1. True, but customs that rival the EX1000 probably cost around $1000... USD.
2. The prices you're quoting are too high, and Sonystyle in Singapore had 20% off recently so that would be $544 SGD.
3. I think they offer a very significant improvement in SQ over the IE8.
4. Yep, demoing is good, that's what I did, and then I decided the EX600 is pretty much the one for me, not everyone will prefer the EX1000, it depends on your taste in music, the EX1000 will surpass the EX600 at jazz, but it's reversed if your favorite music is complex/fast electronica. The EX600 is also excellent value, it SQ level is far higher than a $150 IEM, whereas the SQ level in the EX1000 is somewhere close to it's RRP I think. The EX1000 will also have a high resale value, which a JH13 will not.