Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
Preamble: I have already reviewed some of 1MORE’s and Xiaomi’s audio products in the past and all of them offered a great sound experience for their very reasonable price point. The...
I love the openness and light weight of earbuds, unfortunately those earbuds I tried such as OMX95, MX375, were lack of bass and musicality. Then I found Fiio EM3 is under $10 and got good review,...
I had K3003i with a custom cable. I bough it used and the cable had been replaced and the seller assured not sound different to original I loved it. I used it with Fiio X3 2nd Gen. I liked the...
Compared to nothing (in the way of noise cancelling) these are better than that. Damning with faint praise? Yeah, I guess so, but really what can you expect for the price. Sony makes a product...
There seems to be a lot of issues with the sound quality for these 2nd gen Bose phones. These came out before wireless headphones were in any significant use, and when few other companies were...
Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 258
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3857 of 168038/17/11 at 1:09pmpost #3858 of 168038/17/11 at 2:18pmThread Starter
I should probably try to finally get to the IE6 and IE7 first.post #3859 of 168038/18/11 at 4:28ampost #3860 of 168038/18/11 at 4:51ampost #3861 of 168038/18/11 at 5:42amQuote:
Strange, mine is second hand and solid, I can't pull it apart, can't you just glue the two shells back together?
If Hifiman give you a refund I think you should sell your PK1 and get something really good instead ;)
Anyway since around ~100 seems like your limit, may I recommend to you the Ultimate Ears UE 700 currently on sale in Australia, you can find it on ebay.post #3862 of 168038/18/11 at 5:59ampost #3863 of 168038/18/11 at 7:56amThread StarterQuote:
They do notpost #3864 of 168038/18/11 at 11:36ampost #3865 of 168038/18/11 at 11:44ampost #3866 of 168038/18/11 at 12:15pm
^ I agree and, in fact, think the CKM99s should have been ranked a bit higher.
Also, I think build-quality is markedly better than the CK10's and closer to the excellent CK100's. The cable, though indeed thinner than the CK10's & CK100's, is not actually thin per se and is, in fact, quite strong and less intrusive that the thicker CK10 & CK100 cables, but when it comes to microphonics, I would give not rate the CKM99s 4/5 but more like 2/5 or 3/5. I also wish it was a single cable, ie not modular and that it had a chin slider.
Also, I don't think the CKM99's midrange is "slightly recessed" at all but, overall, on SQ alone I think Joker pretty much nailed it.
Edited by music_4321 - 8/18/11 at 12:19pmpost #3867 of 168038/18/11 at 12:32pm
The ranking is fine IMO, maybe an 8.9 but then that sounds quite generous. It's not as finely tuned as the GR07 and putting at about the level of the Coppers and Golds sounds about right. I really like the housing's build, the cable is nothing to write about. AT did a great job squeezing in such a big driver without sacrificing too much usability, Sony should take note. The only thing I will change on the housing is the nozzle, it's a tad short. I'll make it tapered and slightly longer. If I had to design a dynamic IEM sporting a big driver, the housing will be similar to this one.
Edited by Inks - 8/18/11 at 12:36pmpost #3868 of 168038/18/11 at 12:44pm
At the end of the day, it all becomes rather subjective. I said "a bit" higher, not higher or much higher, more like 9.0, IMO, rather than 8.8. Of course, I haven't heard the GR07, Coppers or Golds, but compared to other ratings (of IEMs I have indeed heard), I do think the CKM99 deserves to be a bit higher up - nothing major, really. Agreed about the great design, simply brilliant for such a big driver and definitely a very comfortable IEM. Oh, and at low to medium volumes I just love how the CKM99s perform - use mine almost every night just before going to bed.
Edited by music_4321 - 8/18/11 at 12:51pmpost #3869 of 168038/18/11 at 4:02pm
To a person who has GR07, IE8 and FX700, is it worth it to purchase the EX1000?
Sources are iphone, ipod, E11 and A10 with ALAC files. Music choices are everything but country. Also, I'd rather not use the amps and I do love the sounds of each earphone for their differences.post #3870 of 168038/18/11 at 4:30pmQuote:
Yes.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › V-MODA M-100: Discussion/Feedback, Reviews, Pics, etc. 1 minute ago
- › FiiO releases the new amplifier A5 that strives for perfection 2 minutes ago
- › The Fiio A5 thread: an upgrade of E12A, MUSES02+LME49600, 800mW,... 2 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers ETHER Flow and ETHER C Flow -- Inspired by Electrostatic... 2 minutes ago
- › Brooko's Reviews - Past & Future 5 minutes ago
- › Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV 8 minutes ago
- › Hidizs AP60 8 minutes ago
- › iDSD micro Black Label. Tour details (page 147). Release info (page... 11 minutes ago
- › Knowledge Zenith (KZ) impressions thread 12 minutes ago
- › Preparing for the Holidays! NEW ADDITIONS -- PXC550, Momentum... 13 minutes ago
- › FiiO A5 Portable Headphone Amplifier by Brooko
- › 1MORE Triple Driver In-Ear Headphones with In-line Microphone and... by HiFiChris
- › FiiO EM3 Open Earbud Earphones with In-Line Microphone (Black) by Joeng Zeon
- › AKG K3003 by sanjeewasam
- › Sony MDRNC8/BLK Noise Canceling Headphone, Black by dalesky
- › Bose QuietComfort 25 Headphones by dalesky
- › Don Scorpio Bass Colour by B9Scrambler
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Earphone In-Ear Headphones Multi-unit Circle Iron... by junhawng
- › Bang & Olufsen BeoPlay H3 by 8hours
- › MEE audio Pinnacle P1 High Fidelity Audiophile In-Ear Headphones... by SeeSax
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear