Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
In side the box besides the headphones of course, is the 3.5m cable which allows you to plug them into wired with any source, then the USB charge cable, which is...
Introduction/Disclaimer: I would like to thank Denise with Mixcder for the opportunity to review the X5 in ear monitor headphones. They provided me a free sample in exchange for my honest...
First thing you think of when you see this is, can this really project sound in 360 degrees, When you look at it, you wouldn't think it could. But yes it does, Sound is projected from...
Acknowledgment Thank you Lear for providing this review sample in exchange for my honest opinion. This review may also be viewed on my blog, here. List Price: $65 at time of review plus...
Xiaomi have always been ahead of it's time in budget high quality earphones and smarthphone, their goal look like to make accessible for the mass products that was only accessible for wealthy...
Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 258
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3857 of 168488/17/11 at 1:09pmpost #3858 of 168488/17/11 at 2:18pmThread Starter
I should probably try to finally get to the IE6 and IE7 first.post #3859 of 168488/18/11 at 4:28ampost #3860 of 168488/18/11 at 4:51ampost #3861 of 168488/18/11 at 5:42amQuote:
Strange, mine is second hand and solid, I can't pull it apart, can't you just glue the two shells back together?
If Hifiman give you a refund I think you should sell your PK1 and get something really good instead ;)
Anyway since around ~100 seems like your limit, may I recommend to you the Ultimate Ears UE 700 currently on sale in Australia, you can find it on ebay.post #3862 of 168488/18/11 at 5:59ampost #3863 of 168488/18/11 at 7:56amThread StarterQuote:
They do notpost #3864 of 168488/18/11 at 11:36ampost #3865 of 168488/18/11 at 11:44ampost #3866 of 168488/18/11 at 12:15pm
^ I agree and, in fact, think the CKM99s should have been ranked a bit higher.
Also, I think build-quality is markedly better than the CK10's and closer to the excellent CK100's. The cable, though indeed thinner than the CK10's & CK100's, is not actually thin per se and is, in fact, quite strong and less intrusive that the thicker CK10 & CK100 cables, but when it comes to microphonics, I would give not rate the CKM99s 4/5 but more like 2/5 or 3/5. I also wish it was a single cable, ie not modular and that it had a chin slider.
Also, I don't think the CKM99's midrange is "slightly recessed" at all but, overall, on SQ alone I think Joker pretty much nailed it.
Edited by music_4321 - 8/18/11 at 12:19pmpost #3867 of 168488/18/11 at 12:32pm
The ranking is fine IMO, maybe an 8.9 but then that sounds quite generous. It's not as finely tuned as the GR07 and putting at about the level of the Coppers and Golds sounds about right. I really like the housing's build, the cable is nothing to write about. AT did a great job squeezing in such a big driver without sacrificing too much usability, Sony should take note. The only thing I will change on the housing is the nozzle, it's a tad short. I'll make it tapered and slightly longer. If I had to design a dynamic IEM sporting a big driver, the housing will be similar to this one.
Edited by Inks - 8/18/11 at 12:36pmpost #3868 of 168488/18/11 at 12:44pm
At the end of the day, it all becomes rather subjective. I said "a bit" higher, not higher or much higher, more like 9.0, IMO, rather than 8.8. Of course, I haven't heard the GR07, Coppers or Golds, but compared to other ratings (of IEMs I have indeed heard), I do think the CKM99 deserves to be a bit higher up - nothing major, really. Agreed about the great design, simply brilliant for such a big driver and definitely a very comfortable IEM. Oh, and at low to medium volumes I just love how the CKM99s perform - use mine almost every night just before going to bed.
Edited by music_4321 - 8/18/11 at 12:51pmpost #3869 of 168488/18/11 at 4:02pm
To a person who has GR07, IE8 and FX700, is it worth it to purchase the EX1000?
Sources are iphone, ipod, E11 and A10 with ALAC files. Music choices are everything but country. Also, I'd rather not use the amps and I do love the sounds of each earphone for their differences.post #3870 of 168488/18/11 at 4:30pmQuote:
Yes.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › 64 Audio | apex | tia 55 seconds ago
- › DX200 Details, features and specifications 1st page. Available on... 2 minutes ago
- › Aussie & NZ Head-Fiers Corner 5 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 6 minutes ago
- › Ranking the Stars - flinkenick's 2017 IEM Flagship Shootout 6 minutes ago
- › Tidal Masters & MQA Appreciation Thread! 8 minutes ago
- › New- Zishan Z1 DSD player thread 9 minutes ago
- › The Xonar Essence STX Q/A, tweaking, impressions thread 9 minutes ago
- › MrSpeakers Electrostatic Prototype Listening Impressions 10 minutes ago
- › USB Interface VS. Toslink from PC 12 minutes ago
- › Archeer AH07 Bluetooth Headphones Wireless Stereo Over Ear... by genclaymore
- › Wired Earphones, Mixcder X5 In-Ear Earbud Headphones Metal Housing... by slowpickr
- › ARCHEER Bluetooth Speakers Fabric Covering Portable Wireless... by genclaymore
- › LEAR BTC-01 by glassmonkey
- › Xiaomi Mi Hybrid Pro HD by Nymphonomaniac
- › Vibro Labs Aria quad armature in-ear monitor by Delance26
- › AUNE M1S 32BIT/384KHZ DSD128 3.5MM/2.5MM BALANCED HIFI AUDIOPHILE... by Layman1
- › Fischer Audio Omega Spark by B9Scrambler
- › Meze 99 Neo by ryanjsoo
- › Beat Audio Signal by mrazik
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear