Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
In Ears Prophile 8 IEM review January 2017 Intro I had heard of In Ears but did not know too much about them until I see them on the In-Ear stand at the Indulgence show in London...
MrZ's Toneking Musicmaker TingThe review that swayed me to get on-boardhttp://www.head-fi.org/products/musicmaker-ting/reviews/15584The slightly down-line 1/2 price...
Shozy has kindly provided me a review unit in exchange for the honest opinion. They are in active use for about 6 months. I should first note that my experience with IEM is a bit limited by now, so...
INTRODUCTION: I would like to thank @Jack Vang of Empire Ears, for the discount on my purchase of the Zeus-XIV-ADEL Custom IEM and for giving me the opportunity to review the IEM. I would also...
This is by far the closest I have come to writing a 5 star review. Of course to get that, I would have to find the holy grail of headphones for me. I had tried the HD558, HD598, HD650, and...
Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 258
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3857 of 168368/17/11 at 1:09pmpost #3858 of 168368/17/11 at 2:18pmThread Starter
I should probably try to finally get to the IE6 and IE7 first.post #3859 of 168368/18/11 at 4:28ampost #3860 of 168368/18/11 at 4:51ampost #3861 of 168368/18/11 at 5:42amQuote:
Strange, mine is second hand and solid, I can't pull it apart, can't you just glue the two shells back together?
If Hifiman give you a refund I think you should sell your PK1 and get something really good instead ;)
Anyway since around ~100 seems like your limit, may I recommend to you the Ultimate Ears UE 700 currently on sale in Australia, you can find it on ebay.post #3862 of 168368/18/11 at 5:59ampost #3863 of 168368/18/11 at 7:56amThread StarterQuote:
They do notpost #3864 of 168368/18/11 at 11:36ampost #3865 of 168368/18/11 at 11:44ampost #3866 of 168368/18/11 at 12:15pm
^ I agree and, in fact, think the CKM99s should have been ranked a bit higher.
Also, I think build-quality is markedly better than the CK10's and closer to the excellent CK100's. The cable, though indeed thinner than the CK10's & CK100's, is not actually thin per se and is, in fact, quite strong and less intrusive that the thicker CK10 & CK100 cables, but when it comes to microphonics, I would give not rate the CKM99s 4/5 but more like 2/5 or 3/5. I also wish it was a single cable, ie not modular and that it had a chin slider.
Also, I don't think the CKM99's midrange is "slightly recessed" at all but, overall, on SQ alone I think Joker pretty much nailed it.
Edited by music_4321 - 8/18/11 at 12:19pmpost #3867 of 168368/18/11 at 12:32pm
The ranking is fine IMO, maybe an 8.9 but then that sounds quite generous. It's not as finely tuned as the GR07 and putting at about the level of the Coppers and Golds sounds about right. I really like the housing's build, the cable is nothing to write about. AT did a great job squeezing in such a big driver without sacrificing too much usability, Sony should take note. The only thing I will change on the housing is the nozzle, it's a tad short. I'll make it tapered and slightly longer. If I had to design a dynamic IEM sporting a big driver, the housing will be similar to this one.
Edited by Inks - 8/18/11 at 12:36pmpost #3868 of 168368/18/11 at 12:44pm
At the end of the day, it all becomes rather subjective. I said "a bit" higher, not higher or much higher, more like 9.0, IMO, rather than 8.8. Of course, I haven't heard the GR07, Coppers or Golds, but compared to other ratings (of IEMs I have indeed heard), I do think the CKM99 deserves to be a bit higher up - nothing major, really. Agreed about the great design, simply brilliant for such a big driver and definitely a very comfortable IEM. Oh, and at low to medium volumes I just love how the CKM99s perform - use mine almost every night just before going to bed.
Edited by music_4321 - 8/18/11 at 12:51pmpost #3869 of 168368/18/11 at 4:02pm
To a person who has GR07, IE8 and FX700, is it worth it to purchase the EX1000?
Sources are iphone, ipod, E11 and A10 with ALAC files. Music choices are everything but country. Also, I'd rather not use the amps and I do love the sounds of each earphone for their differences.post #3870 of 168368/18/11 at 4:30pmQuote:
Yes.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Lear NS-U1 IEM - NEW! 1 minute ago
- › TRINITY - PHANTOM Series - New thread + WORLDS FIRST PUSH PULL... 1 minute ago
- › Headamp Blue Hawaii Special Edition 3 minutes ago
- › Mutec 1.2 USB 4 minutes ago
- › Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (advanced wireless & microSD module for... 4 minutes ago
- › Looking to upgrade from Icon IDO DAC/amp for Ipod 8 minutes ago
- › Sennheiser IE800 IEM's 9 minutes ago
- › Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS... 9 minutes ago
- › MICROZOTL2 Tube Headphone Amp and preamp: a breakthrough device 10 minutes ago
- › DLeeWebb breaks 55,000 posts - Daylight Second 10 minutes ago
- › InEar ProPhile 8 by FortisFlyer75
- › MusicMaker Ting by Redcarmoose
- › SHOZY Zero IEM by mgunin
- › Empire Ears Zeus by EagleWings
- › Sennheiser HD 600 by snapacap
- › Venture Electronics (VE) Monk+/Monk Plus by spronkey
- › Cayin i5 by glassmonkey
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by 00lunar
- › 64 Audio U12 Universal In-Ear Monitor by cleg
- › qdc Balanced armature type (BA type) 3SH （QDC-4024） by prismstorm
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear