Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryCustom In Ear Monitorstagged by System, 6/23/10
- productDenon AH-C360 Advanced In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productDUNU DN-22M Detonator. Headphones earphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productFischer Audio DBA-02tagged by System, 7/30/10
- productHEAD-DIRECT RE0 In-ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- categoryIn Eartagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJH Audio JH13 Pro Custom In-Ear Monitorstagged by ljokerl, 4/18/14
- productJVC HA-FX34S Marshmallow In-Ear Headphones (Silver)tagged by nightmancometh, 11/10/14
- brandMEElectronicstagged by System, 7/13/10
- productMEElectronics CX21P In-Ear Headphonestagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14More
- brandNarmootagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSkullcandy INK'd Earbuds 2009tagged by System, 7/13/10
- brandSoundmagictagged by System, 7/14/10
- productSoundmagic E10tagged by System, 7/22/11
- productSoundmagic E30tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productSpider "realvoice" Vertical in the Ear Headphonetagged by System, 6/21/11
- brandTekfusiontagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVisang VS-K1tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productVSONIC VC02tagged by System, 2/28/13
- productXears TD-III V2tagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
- productXears XE200Protagged by nightmancometh, 12/15/14
Related Forum Threads
- The IEM/Portable Headphones Deal Alerts Thread - Closed! Use the Deals Thread III instead. Last post on 11/13/13 at 11:26pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Which is better? *College Student Budget* Last post on 3/28/14 at 5:13pm in Introductions, Help and Recommendations
- A worthy Monoprice 8320 iem upgrade? Last post on 5/26/14 at 11:03am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- IEMs for around $80 - All types of music but tight bass a must Last post on 1/4/16 at 6:01pm in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- WICH IEM HAS THE FLATTEST SOUND SIGNATURE.. Last post on 4/25/16 at 8:58am in Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
Head-Fi Buying Guide (In-Ear Headphones)
Last edited: 11/28/16
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And InformationLast edited: 6/22/16
- Basic Guide To In Ear CanalphonesLast edited: 3/22/12
To begin with, I would like to thank iFi for making this great tour and allowing some of us to test this product. I've been enjoying my original micro iDSD since January 2015 and it is really a...
-- **This review is a sample portion from the full thread: Meet the Puresounds Earbud Family.** **All photos are taken by me.** **Disclaimer - I was provided the Puresounds...
There comes a time you're bored from your audio gear. You don't have a grand or two for a new set of ultra high end headphones to give you that fresh kick, and electronics costing as much as your...
MY GOD!!! I have just received my headphones! I have been putting them through there initial paces straight from the box, after just 30 mins I have had to come here to let you know my experience so...
At the time this review was written, the Oriveti NEW Primacy was listed for sale on Amazon’s website. Here is a link to their listing of the...
Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 258
Gear mentioned in this thread:post #3857 of 168388/17/11 at 1:09pmpost #3858 of 168388/17/11 at 2:18pmThread Starter
I should probably try to finally get to the IE6 and IE7 first.post #3859 of 168388/18/11 at 4:28ampost #3860 of 168388/18/11 at 4:51ampost #3861 of 168388/18/11 at 5:42amQuote:
Strange, mine is second hand and solid, I can't pull it apart, can't you just glue the two shells back together?
If Hifiman give you a refund I think you should sell your PK1 and get something really good instead ;)
Anyway since around ~100 seems like your limit, may I recommend to you the Ultimate Ears UE 700 currently on sale in Australia, you can find it on ebay.post #3862 of 168388/18/11 at 5:59ampost #3863 of 168388/18/11 at 7:56amThread StarterQuote:
They do notpost #3864 of 168388/18/11 at 11:36ampost #3865 of 168388/18/11 at 11:44ampost #3866 of 168388/18/11 at 12:15pm
^ I agree and, in fact, think the CKM99s should have been ranked a bit higher.
Also, I think build-quality is markedly better than the CK10's and closer to the excellent CK100's. The cable, though indeed thinner than the CK10's & CK100's, is not actually thin per se and is, in fact, quite strong and less intrusive that the thicker CK10 & CK100 cables, but when it comes to microphonics, I would give not rate the CKM99s 4/5 but more like 2/5 or 3/5. I also wish it was a single cable, ie not modular and that it had a chin slider.
Also, I don't think the CKM99's midrange is "slightly recessed" at all but, overall, on SQ alone I think Joker pretty much nailed it.
Edited by music_4321 - 8/18/11 at 12:19pmpost #3867 of 168388/18/11 at 12:32pm
The ranking is fine IMO, maybe an 8.9 but then that sounds quite generous. It's not as finely tuned as the GR07 and putting at about the level of the Coppers and Golds sounds about right. I really like the housing's build, the cable is nothing to write about. AT did a great job squeezing in such a big driver without sacrificing too much usability, Sony should take note. The only thing I will change on the housing is the nozzle, it's a tad short. I'll make it tapered and slightly longer. If I had to design a dynamic IEM sporting a big driver, the housing will be similar to this one.
Edited by Inks - 8/18/11 at 12:36pmpost #3868 of 168388/18/11 at 12:44pm
At the end of the day, it all becomes rather subjective. I said "a bit" higher, not higher or much higher, more like 9.0, IMO, rather than 8.8. Of course, I haven't heard the GR07, Coppers or Golds, but compared to other ratings (of IEMs I have indeed heard), I do think the CKM99 deserves to be a bit higher up - nothing major, really. Agreed about the great design, simply brilliant for such a big driver and definitely a very comfortable IEM. Oh, and at low to medium volumes I just love how the CKM99s perform - use mine almost every night just before going to bed.
Edited by music_4321 - 8/18/11 at 12:51pmpost #3869 of 168388/18/11 at 4:02pm
To a person who has GR07, IE8 and FX700, is it worth it to purchase the EX1000?
Sources are iphone, ipod, E11 and A10 with ALAC files. Music choices are everything but country. Also, I'd rather not use the amps and I do love the sounds of each earphone for their differences.post #3870 of 168388/18/11 at 4:30pmQuote:
Yes.Return HomeBack to Forum: Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors
- Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
Gear mentioned in this thread:
- Top Tier Universal Iem Comparison Chart And Information
- › Earbuds Round-Up 28 seconds ago
- › Beyerdynamic Amiron Home (the new T90) 1 minute ago
- › The Official Sony MDR-Z1R Flagship Headphone Thread (Live From IFA... 1 minute ago
- › Sony/HTC/AKG/MISC Thread 2 minutes ago
- › Schiit Lyr Tube Rollers 2 minutes ago
- › Pictures of Your Portable Rig (part XVI) 2 minutes ago
- › Cowon Plenue D 3 minutes ago
- › JVC HA-FW01 - The New Top End Wood Driver IEM (2017) 3 minutes ago
- › Gustard A20H DAC (Dual AK4497EQ, analog preamp, headphone amp, all... 4 minutes ago
- › Oppo PM-3 : The Portable Planar - Impressions 5 minutes ago
- › iFi Audio micro iDSD by rafaelpernil
- › PureSounds PS100-600 by BloodyPenguin
- › Schiit Audio Vali 2 by DeeKay10
- › AKG K92 | Over Ear Closed Back Monitoring Headphone by SaturnVuk
- › ORIVETI NEW PRIMACY - Premium Triple Driver Hybrid HiFi IEM Headphones by Hisoundfi
- › Accutone Gemini HD by crabdog
- › FiiO F3 Dynamic In-Ear Monitors by Brooko
- › ADV.Sound EVO X by chompchomps
- › Cayin i5 by piksnz
- › Empire Ears Zeus by ejong7
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (Travel Headphones)
- › Head-Fi Buying Guide (CanJams)
- › FiiO X3II DAP firmwares with custom themes
- › Flawless Album Suggestions
- › The Audiophile Scene in a Third World Country...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide,...
- › Mad Lust Envy's Headphone Gaming Guide:...
- › Chord Mojo FAQ
- › Head-Fi Logo Gear