or Connect
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106) - Page 250

post #3736 of 16802

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heret1c View Post

Ditto, that certainly would be a welcome inclusion to a standard retail package. Although, i wonder just how much stock we can put in it.
 

Oh and I love my ck10s. They are my go to pair for classical and soundtracks. Never heard the Etys tho so must say I am suprised you feel they dont match up. Perhaps if it was the ER-4s you impression would be different?


I'll receive the adapter which converts the ER-4P to the ER-4S soon, so we'll see, I don't really want to comment on Ety until I get a good seal and everything =(, I need to try the different tips, but initially I'm surprised at how sibilant they are, and the lack of imaging.

 

I just opened up my RE0 box, I've listened to 10 or 11 songs so far, but my initial impressions are much higher than with the ER-4PT.

Everything is better than expected so far with the RE0, the cable, the housing (solid, metal), the included tips (I'm using the stiffish shure olive looking ones), and the sound, they sound like soft pillows, like running headlong into a wall of soft, delicate, high quality pillows.  These are not a weaker ck10 to me, I can immediately hear qualities of a dynamic driver I sought after in the ck10 at times.  The softness and delicate highs (like you want to tap them) are so nice, they just sound like exploding red flowers, or a girl with perfect satin-soft skin, with perfume drinking gin.  Yeah, these sonic sine waves are touching the violin strings to my heart quickly.
 

p.s. I just went to the post-office and got all my new stuff and the X1051 wasn't there, user High_Q ripped me off, he has my ck10, what an idiot, hey Paul Park I bet you're reading this thread, I have your address and all your details you know... Currawong can you unban him please?

 

 

back to RE0.... just realised I have my Teclast T51 on max volume.... hmm these need some juice to sound good.... but the sound is really melting in my ears and dripping onto my soul strings.  Kinda worried what the J-phonic will sound like now Lol.....

 

Edit: wow if the line between sibilance and clarity is a thin one the RE0 is walking on it, what a perfect treble, jeez I didn't expect this... just goes to show 1000 travel books are not worth the journey.

 

 

 


Edited by kiteki - 8/3/11 at 1:15am
post #3737 of 16802

Ok I just unpacked some more boxes and saw the J-phonic and A2000X headphone..... I am not going to touch them until I've thoroughly tested everything else and cleaned my room and made a pretty hi-fi setup........... must.. resist.... temptation.

post #3738 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post


I just opened up my RE0 box, I've listened to 10 or 11 songs so far, but my initial impressions are much higher than with the ER-4PT.

Everything is better than expected so far with the RE0, the cable, the housing (solid, metal), the included tips (I'm using the stiffish shure olive looking ones), and the sound, they sound like soft pillows, like running headlong into a wall of soft, delicate, high quality pillows.  These are not a weaker ck10 to me, I can immediately hear qualities of a dynamic driver I sought after in the ck10 at times.  The softness and delicate highs (like you want to tap them) are so nice, they just sound like exploding red flowers, or a girl with perfect satin-soft skin, with perfume drinking gin.  Yeah, these sonic sine waves are touching the violin strings to my heart quickly.
 

I've never ever heard them being described like that! Tho the highs are indeed really nice on the RE0s. biggrin.gif. Still am suprised to the the CK10 and RE0 sound better thatn the Etys, to you. It must be a fit issue. I wold think at least they'd all be on par? Need to wait till you've gotten a better fit with them and see what you say then.
 

 

post #3739 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

Ok I just unpacked some more boxes and saw the J-phonic and A2000X headphone..... I am not going to touch them until I've thoroughly tested everything else and cleaned my room and made a pretty hi-fi setup........... must.. resist.... temptation.

Good grief man, Etys, Re0s, J-phonics, A2000x (meh...still am not into full size cans)!! You went on a shopping spree didnt you? You bought most of what you listened to in Jaben / Singapore? What about the EX600? Are you gonna suprise us with that later? LOL

 

Oh how i wish i had THAT much disposable income. BTW, what 'pretty hi-fi setup' are you talking about?

 

PS: sucks about the x1051 tho...shame
 

 

post #3740 of 16802

No I can't afford the A2000X, especially not at the Singapore price of ~$1k SGD, traded my Stax setup with head-fi user "Ra97oR", they look brand new have to thank him for a great trade and luring me into these amazing HP's when I was skeptical.

 

The nice thing about trading is you can make one large investment and then just keep cycling through different gear until you find what you want, I only have 1 high-end headphone at a time, I think the A2000X is the one for me unless I demo something better which feels unlikely, at Jaben I had little desire to demo any other HP's after hearing the A2000X, so I went straight for the $1000+ custom IEM and Final Audio FI-BA-SB, both were a severe fade in comparison, then I asked for the AD2000 or AD1000 and they checked and were out of stock =(.  I don't think they stock the J-phonic but she asked me what I use and I said J-phonic, they have to gauge customers that way so they know what to recommend, no point showing me a Hippo VB, or showing someone with a Hippo VB the Westone 4.

 

I haven't ordered the EX600 yet that will come later.

 

My pretty hi-fi setup is a chaotic desk, I'll clean it up soon and post a picture in a different thread. =P

post #3741 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

No I can't afford the A2000X, especially not at the Singapore price of ~$1k SGD, traded my Stax setup with head-fi user "Ra97oR", they look brand new have to thank him for a great trade and luring me into these amazing HP's when I was skeptical.

 

The nice thing about trading is you can make one large investment and then just keep cycling through different gear until you find what you want, I only have 1 high-end headphone at a time, I think the A2000X is the one for me unless I demo something better which feels unlikely, at Jaben I had little desire to demo any other HP's after hearing the A2000X, so I went straight for the $1000+ custom IEM and Final Audio FI-BA-SB, both were a severe fade in comparison, then I asked for the AD2000 or AD1000 and they checked and were out of stock =(.  I don't think they stock the J-phonic but she asked me what I use and I said J-phonic, they have to gauge customers that way so they know what to recommend, no point showing me a Hippo VB, or showing someone with a Hippo VB the Westone 4.

 

I haven't ordered the EX600 yet that will come later.

 

My pretty hi-fi setup is a chaotic desk, I'll clean it up soon and post a picture in a different thread. =P

SO you did get the j-phonics? SP or MX? What was the lead time like? i nopticed on their website that they were Out of Stock on alot of the options and that means you cant order online the usual way.  Have to send them an email stating your preferences and then they'll let you know how long it will take.
 

 

post #3742 of 16802

I bought my J-phonic from head-fi user "syed786", he had the K2 SP version in the clear (skeleton) shell which is what I wanted, he chose the short cable length and L-plug but oh well.

 

They look better in real life than in pictures and the pelican case is very impressive.  Haven't turned them on yet but I put them in my ear and the fit is very very easy.  Sensaphonics said they took the 3D data of thousands of custom IEM impressions over several years to create the "ultimate fit" regular IEM that fits everyone from tiny Japanese girls like me to tall Sudanese men.


Edited by kiteki - 8/3/11 at 5:45am
post #3743 of 16802

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heret1c View Post

Still am suprised to the the CK10 and RE0 sound better thatn the Etys, to you. It must be a fit issue. I wold think at least they'd all be on par? Need to wait till you've gotten a better fit with them and see what you say then.
 


Ya... I got a better fit... they sounded pretty good for a while until the Etyrāpic EarRape-4PeneTration blocked my right ear so I can't listen to anything right now.

 

They sound analytical, maybe if I was a cyborg with dual-mono input processor jacks on my head I'd appreciate them, the analysis is overrated though, I've heard higher detail retrieval elsewhere, unless you have to place the "syringe" of sound exactly 4mm away from each eardrum and I'm missing something, will try Shure Olive tips later, sigh.


Edited by kiteki - 8/4/11 at 3:31am
post #3744 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiteki View Post

 


Ya... I got a better fit... they sounded pretty good for a while until the Etyrāpic EarRape-4PeneTration blocked my right ear so I can't listen to anything right now.

 

They sound analytical, maybe if I was a cyborg with dual-mono input processor jacks on my head I'd appreciate them, the analysis is overrated though, I've heard higher detail retrieval elsewhere, unless you have to place the "syringe" of sound exactly 4mm away from each eardrum and I'm missing something, will try Shure Olive tips later, sigh.


LOL, well tbh i still havent heard the Etys, as the sig doesnt sound like something i would like. But now i really got to hear it cuz praise upon praise has been heaped on it and you're saying quite the opposite. Sure, preference reign supreme...but still...I'm gonna have to go down to Jaben and see if they have any for demo-ing.biggrin.gif

 

post #3745 of 16802

Sony EX600 would add to the table

post #3746 of 16802

Yes, it has an excellent price to performance ratio. (imho)

 

It sounds better than the ACS T1, which is a 3-driver $1050 custom (imho)

post #3747 of 16802
Thread Starter 

Changed the price on the RE262 from $249 to $149 and moved it up a tier per Fang's confirmation of permanent $149 pricing. Value score updated accordingly.

 

 

@leylandi: EX600 won't be added for a while. I have yet to put up the EX1000 review and that's been finished for weeks.
 

 

 

post #3748 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

Changed the price on the RE262 from $249 to $149 and moved it up a tier per Fang's confirmation of permanent $149 pricing. Value score updated accordingly.


 


It still shows as $250 in the actual review section.
 

post #3749 of 16802
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljokerl View Post

Changed the price on the RE262 from $249 to $149 and moved it up a tier per Fang's confirmation of permanent $149 pricing. Value score updated accordingly.

 

 

@leylandi: EX600 won't be added for a while. I have yet to put up the EX1000 review and that's been finished for weeks.
 

 

It is? I cant wait to see your impressions on that one! biggrin.gif
 

 

post #3750 of 16802
Thread Starter 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armaegis View Post




It still shows as $250 in the actual review section.
 



Forgot about that. Fixed now, thanks.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
Head-Fi.org › Forums › Equipment Forums › Portable Headphones, Earphones and In-Ear Monitors › Multi-IEM Review - 352 IEMs compared (Pump Audio Earphones added 04/03/16 p. 1106)